• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radec

Finally completed my Jade set with Quetz.

Now how do you use this properly?

Pirahnado -> Locust Swarm -> Haunt -> Soul Harvest ?

What should I wait before I use SH ?

Boogdud

Does Tall Man's finger work in conjunction with Homunculus? Or will I need to use the Summon Zombie Dogs skill to proc Tall Man's?

Also, does it make sense to use Zombie Dogs while having Humonculus equipped? Maybe there is something I can take advantage of here that I am not seeing?
From my testing last night, it was redundant to have both as you're still limited to your Zombie Dog count given your passives. The only benefit of having Summon Dogs is for the Rune of your choice but I am still confused if the Dogs summoned by Humonculus inherit any of the rune effects if Summon Zombie Dogs is equipped. Visually, it doesn't seem like it but maybe someone may have more knowledge regarding this.

*EDIT*
the official forums actually offers great feedback.. for the most part. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12926662743

Also.. seems like they do in fact inherit the rune ability if you have the skill equipped..http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/20l54a/psa_about_the_new_homunculus/

I swear I just answered that same question a few days ago on the official forums. But yes, TMF works with Homonculus, it is exactly the same as having summon dogs on your bar. The passives also work with the Homonculus dog. The only reason to have summon on your bar with a homonculus is to take advantage of the rune (which you should probably do as fire and poison runes are pretty good with tmf).

Also with the TMF, the big dog doesn't "ramp up". Homonculus summons a dog every 5 seconds (default dogs from summon, with the extras from the passives). However, the big dog summons at the 5 second mark and is as powerful as all of your dogs +passives right out of the gate. So you don't have to wait the ~30 seconds for him to be full damage. He's fully powered right out of the gate.

Xanathus

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/xanathus-6279/hero/43754663

I need some advice on end-game crusader builds. Currently my gear is set towards the Holy Shotgun build but I still don't have a Fate of the Fell. However I recently found a Darklight which would mean I have everything I need for the Fire build. I would just need to reroll the elements on my SOJ and amulet, and I've got a Cindercoat and Fire Reaper Wraps bracer in stash as well. My question is: Is it worth rerolling my gear for Fire or should I hold out for a Fate of the Fell? How does the Holy Shotgun build compare to the Fire Darklight build?

CRA5H

*snip*

Also with the TMF, the big dog doesn't "ramp up". Homonculus summons a dog every 5 seconds (default dogs from summon, with the extras from the passives). However, the big dog summons at the 5 second mark and is as powerful as all of your dogs +passives right out of the gate. So you don't have to wait the ~30 seconds for him to be full damage. He's fully powered right out of the gate.
Well that's bloody fantastic! I need to find me a TMF now. The only downside is I use Sacrifice alongside my Dogs for the Provoke the Pack fps boost.
From what I've read, you are only sacrificing 1 dog for only 5% INT boost with TMF as opposed to the 3-5 sacrifices you would get without the TMF equipped which is 15-25% extra INT. I guess the TMF passive does make up for it and probably having sacrifice taking up a Skills slot isn't worth it when using TMF.

Celegus

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/xanathus-6279/hero/43754663

I need some advice on end-game crusader builds. Currently my gear is set towards the Holy Shotgun build but I still don't have a Fate of the Fell. However I recently found a Darklight which would mean I have everything I need for the Fire build. I would just need to reroll the elements on my SOJ and amulet, and I've got a Cindercoat and Fire Reaper Wraps bracer in stash as well. My question is: Is it worth rerolling my gear for Fire or should I hold out for a Fate of the Fell? How does the Holy Shotgun build compare to the Fire Darklight build?

I've never found any holy gear to try out that build, but I can attest to Fire + Darklight being pretty bananas. I can easily roll through T5 and can sort of handle T6 if I take it slow, and I still have a lot of room to improve on gear (like a shield that actually does something).

Mumei

I would like suggestions for my Crusader. I have no idea what I'm doing and I mostly just crafted a few Level 70 things when she hit that level; most of my abilities are the same as what I had when she was, like, level 20-something so I haven't explored a lot of that.

Edit: I thought Sun Keeper wasn't especially rare as far as drop rate goes? I've found quite a few, though only two good ones.

th3dude

It's worth noting that Gyrfalcon + Shattering Throw is a lot worse now than it was pre-change so it's not as easy (or, rather, you need real supporting gear now) to T5/T6 gear it as it was before. That said, it'll still do fine for the low-to-mid Torments for clear speeds so it may be the best option just to get the rest of the gear farmed out.

That said, most Fire builds are still going to be generally better than it, even ones without Darklight, so you might clear faster on that anyway.

On the topic of Fire builds, I landed a near perfect Maximus last night: 20% fire, high damage roll, high str roll, socket (all without rerolling).

I don't have any other fire gear right now, but what kind of builds could I do with that? Is that a stronger way to go?

I would like suggestions for my Crusader. I have no idea what I'm doing and I mostly just crafted a few Level 70 things when she hit that level; most of my abilities are the same as what I had when she was, like, level 20-something so I haven't explored a lot of that.

With a quick glance: With the nerf to blessed shield, you probably aren't doing as much damage as you could with other skills (at least without a Jekangbord and/or Gyrfalcon's Foote).

You should try to find a weapon with Strength. Strength, Damage, and Socket are pretty much required and will boost you a lot.

Laconic

Banned
On the topic of Fire builds, I landed a near perfect Maximus last night: 20% fire, high damage roll, high str roll, socket (all without rerolling).

I don't have any other fire gear right now, but what kind of builds could I do with that? Is that a stronger way to go?

With a quick glance: With the nerf to blessed shield, you probably aren't doing as much damage as you could with other skills (at least without a Jekangbord and/or Gyrfalcon's Foote).

You should try to find a weapon with Strength. Strength, Damage, and Socket are pretty much required and will boost you a lot.

They nerfed Shield Toss?

Laconic

Banned
I say choose any of them

Lightning can be a bit more fun because heavens fury cooldown isn't that bad.

Fire can be crazy because the amount of damage you output.

Foote holy can also be pretty badass because of shattering throw (super powerful)

I'd rank fire with maximus as first. You can't beat fire right now. On T1, my sweep key essentially deletes everyone from its path. The fire chains from maximus proc at 8 million per hit like 5 times a second for me... insane damage.

Foote with holy as second... but it's more difficult to work the build because you don't have as many options. I only rank this second for shattering throw.

Schaefer+lightning as third... but i HIGHLY recommend using it as a primary normal farm build (for caches, rift keys)

I played with foote+fire for a little bit but same problem with foote lightning build... shields don't travel far enough... nowhere near as far as shattering throw

I've had a godlike str Maximus since practically day one. Is Crusader so very good with fire? Doesn't it need that one passive for one-handed slow walking? Slow walk is such a downer. I also just found a str fire Lidless... is that what one needs in the offhand? Please help. I am BORED as hell with my lit barb.

Krassus

That passive was changed for the slow movement with 2h as well as the rune for shattering throw for shield throw to nerf it quite a bit.

Fire crusaders do well with full akkhans and some specific specs in T6.

Celegus

I've had a godlike str Maximus since practically day one. Is Crusader so very good with fire? Doesn't it need that one passive for one-handed slow walking? Slow walk is such a downer. I also just found a str fire Lidless... is that what one needs in the offhand? Please help. I am BORED as hell with my lit barb.

They got rid of the slow walk in the last patch! It's much nicer now, but what hurts me more than anything is losing the 15% CDR on the 1H passive (and my awesome Darklight). I would definitely go fire crusader if you've got a nice maximus and a fire/str Lidless (I'm super jealous). It really shines once you have Akkhan's because AC Fire Starter is so good, but fire is a good spec even without it on all the time.

They nerfed Shield Toss?
They buff the initial hit but nerf the shields that splited. I can understand why though, it does a lot of damage for essentially no costs and reduce you to just mashing one button. The bouncy shield do have limitation at higher Torment 5 and 6 as it doesn't do enough damage and Crusader doesn't have that many spender skills that's not on cool down. I was often left with full Wrath with nothing worthwhile to spend on. I use Phalanx just to have spender and knock back but it's not good with group play.

Laconic

Banned
They got rid of the slow walk in the last patch! It's much nicer now, but what hurts me more than anything is losing the 15% CDR on the 1H passive (and my awesome Darklight). I would definitely go fire crusader if you've got a nice maximus and a fire/str Lidless (I'm super jealous). It really shines once you have Akkhan's because AC Fire Starter is so good, but fire is a good spec even without it on all the time.

They buff the initial hit but nerf the shields that splited. I can understand why though, it does a lot of damage for essentially no costs and reduce you to just mashing one button. The bouncy shield do have limitation at higher Torment 5 and 6 as it doesn't do enough damage and Crusader doesn't have that many spender skills that's not on cool down. I was often left with full Wrath with nothing worthwhile to spend on. I use Phalanx just to have spender and knock back but it's not good with group play.

Thanks for the replies, guys! I guess I am going to try out a Fire Crusader later today. :)

th3dude

2.0.5 removed the movement speed penalty for carrying a 2H. They added a passive that adds 15% attack speed and 15% CDR if you carry a 1H.

I would also like to figure out how to use my Maximus if anyone has any links or info.

Nymerio

I hope they also fix the garg running off in a random direction to hit some little normal mob instead of attacking the damn elite mob that's right in his face -_-

Mumei

I hope they also fix the garg running off in a random direction to hit some little normal mob instead of attacking the damn elite mob that's right in his face -_-

Yes. He needs to prioritize elites, then champions, and only then goes after white trash.

Shifty76

I am having trouble finding some upgrade items. Here is my current build.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Jim-1880/hero/48294172

Any advice?

Don't play a DH, but do you have any set crafting plans?
Crafted set pieces in place of your rares seems like a no brainer.

If you have it, 3 of Aughilds helm/bracers/shoulder/chest would absolutely be worth making.

Also, do DH's really need 500k+ life? My monk who is always in the thick of things gets by just fine with only ~350k. Drop some of that vit and add dps stats. Oh, pants and chest should absolutely have sockets for gems (emeralds!)

garath

I am having trouble finding some upgrade items. Here is my current build.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Jim-1880/hero/48294172

Any advice?

You have a lot of room for growth. Mostly just finding legendary drops, adjusting your build etc. I imagine you are doing T1, maybe T2. Definitely do the most comfortable level for you and get those legendary drops.

You should be focusing mostly on Crit chance and crit damage at this stage. Try to get at least both of those plus dex on your gloves, amulet and rings. Wrist you can try farming Malthael and get some reaper's wraps. It would behoove you to reroll the chest and legs to get sockets as well. Get 3 sockets on the chest and 2 on the pants. I would probably reroll the companion damage on the chest to sockets and entangling shot damage on pants to sockets. If you don't have many souls, focus on the chest first. That's an item you can use forever. You'll replace the legs eventually.

Common DH build before completing Maurader's is a Cluster arrow build. You'll want to start stacking fire% on top of the crit chance and crit damage.

Here's a decent build that would get you started with cluster arrow

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#bPVSXO!bZiX!YcZcbY

It has a lot of synergy. Burn Cluster arrows until you are out of hatred then hit Prep:punishment to get more at the cost of discipline. Health globes also give back hatred with blood vengeance. Crits create more discipline and the circle of life continues.

Replace Companion with whatever you want, but the wolf buff is nice and you do have some companion damage on your gear.

Overall, don't be afraid to sacrifice some defense (especially life) for damage. You should aim for 250k life give or take and as much all resist and armor as you need to get your defense up. You don't need it too high. 4-5mil is sufficient up to T3. 6-7 is good for T4-T5.

edit: End game is either a more fleshed out CA build with the maurader's 4 piece bonus. For that you'd pretty much use the build I linked with Cindercoat chest, Magefist gloves, Stone of Jordan ring with fire damage, fire damage reaper's wraps, Maurader's boots, maurader's shoulders, maurader's pants, ring of royal grandeur to give you the 4 piece set bonus and some sort of fire damage helm.

Alternatively you can go 6 piece mauraders with sentries doing the bulk of your damage. That's what I do.. here's my profile:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/garath-1132/hero/40752152
(ignore my amulet. I just switched to a physical build instead of a fire and still looking for a replacement amulet. That's not an end game amulet at all)

This gameplay is sentries use 2 of your hatred spenders so you use Cluster Arrow and Multishot. Drop sentries and they fire CA, multishot and their normal attacks. The build is very potent. I do T5 very comfortably.

Don't play a DH, but do you have any set crafting plans?
Crafted set pieces in place of your rares seems like a no brainer.

If you have it, 3 of Aughilds helm/bracers/shoulder/chest would absolutely be worth making.

Also, do DH's really need 500k+ life? My monk who is always in the thick of things gets by just fine with only ~350k. Drop some of that vit and add dps stats. Oh, pants and chest should absolutely have sockets for gems (emeralds!)

Thanks for the help. I have some set plans but finding the rare item to make them is hard. I havent found any. Ill try to do everything else you suggested. Thanks.

Edit to Add: Thanks Garath, super helpful!

Laconic

Banned
I know, I know. Godlike. The thing that really hurts, is I KNOW that I'm going to have to roll off the AD. 24%... :(

Maximus_zps7ab3756f.png

Roll off... armor?

eberli_zps4fa2ee11.png

Crimzun Wolf

Neo Member
So, I decided to play around with my witch doctor for a bit since I was in the mood to play as a different class. While leveling this dropped. Couldn't help but laugh when I saw it.

yLhEIss.jpg

garath

Thanks for the help. I have some set plans but finding the rare item to make them is hard. I havent found any. Ill try to do everything else you suggested. Thanks.

Edit to Add: Thanks Garath, super helpful!

Here's something that helped me when I was just really starting to gear up as well. Some guidelines for gear slots:

Helm: dex, crit chance, cluster arrow%
Shoulders: dex, defensive stats, reduced resource cost, sentry damage for a maurader build is fantastic here
Amulet: dex, crit chance, crit damage, element% (fire unless you really have another build in mind)
Gloves: dex, crit chance, crit damage, attack speed (if you can manage, else a defensive stat or fire% if you are using Magefist)
Chest: dex and defensive stats, 3 sockets where you'll put emeralds or diamonds
wrist: dex, crit chance, elem% (again fire most likely). Reaper's wraps are a good slot for this with getting hatred back for health globes
rings: eventually you'll want specific rings but to start - dex, crit chance, crit damage, then a defensive stat or attack speed
legs: dex, all defensive stats, 2 sockets with diamonds
belt: dex, all defensive stats
boots: dex, cluster arrow%, defensive stats, move speed (if you need it. You will get 25% movespeed from paragon by 200 if you choose and you won't need movespeed from items anymore)

Weapons and/or quivers are another topic entirely.

Discobird

Here's something that helped me when I was just really starting to gear up as well. Some guidelines for gear slots:

Helm: dex, crit chance, cluster arrow%
Shoulders: dex, defensive stats, reduced resource cost, sentry damage for a maurader build is fantastic here
Amulet: dex, crit chance, crit damage, element% (fire unless you really have another build in mind)
Gloves: dex, crit chance, crit damage, attack speed (if you can manage, else a defensive stat or fire% if you are using Magefist)
Chest: dex and defensive stats, 3 sockets where you'll put emeralds or diamonds
wrist: dex, crit chance, elem% (again fire most likely). Reaper's wraps are a good slot for this with getting hatred back for health globes
rings: eventually you'll want specific rings but to start - dex, crit chance, crit damage, then a defensive stat or attack speed
legs: dex, all defensive stats, 2 sockets with diamonds
belt: dex, all defensive stats
boots: dex, cluster arrow%, defensive stats, move speed (if you need it. You will get 25% movespeed from paragon by 200 if you choose and you won't need movespeed from items anymore)

Weapons and/or quivers are another topic entirely.

This is all good advice. I'd add that, for a Marauder build, CDR on shoulders, helm (via a socketed diamond) and maybe even gloves in place of attack speed are all good options.

Mumei

Guys.

Guys.

I want to play Diablo, but there is apparently a hostage-situation in my neighborhood which prevents me from reaching my house.

The hostage-takers are holding Diablo hostage from me.

>:|

Celegus

Guys.

Guys.

I want to play Diablo, but there is apparently a hostage-situation in my neighborhood which prevents me from reaching my house.

The hostage-takers are holding Diablo hostage from me.

>:|

Whoa, that's pretty scary! Hope everything turns out okay.

So then... was I right in rolling the AD off of that Maximus and the Armor off of the Fury shield?

Yes, definitely. Although I don't know that I'd call 2400dps godlike, it's still a pretty good weapon. I think it can get around 2800.

scy

I have a 2000ish one. :/

On another note: Should I roll off 94 res all, or 1900ish LoH on my 'Sader's Holy Reapers?

2000-ish on a level 70 one? 1177 - 1410 is the lowest possible +Damage roll it can have.

As for the bracers, I'd roll off the LoH easily. STR/AR/Crit/Elemental% is the set of stats I typically aim for on the slot.

Actually, they do.
3:39 clear, no shrines/pylons used. Yeah, it's an A1 rift, but still. That's half the time that you claim people are capable of, and it wasn't boosted by any pylons/shrines.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SN0LHhii198

If you still don't believe those clear times are possible I'll round up my usual T6 rift crew and record a vid for you. Like I say, most clears are 6-7 mins start to finish.

Monk + X ....

DUHHH

I was running really fast runs with a group too, I'm obviously talking about solo runs.
Next you'll tell me your monk solos at <10 mins (let alone 6-7) , that claim would be espsecially delicious to hear with all the monk complaints in the thread.

I wonder how they feel about me spending 5 minutes creating 8 games to find the mule that has the piece of equipment I want then opening stash UI to put it into stash, quitting, and making another game with the character I originally wanted to "[kill] monsters [with] and [have] fun" so I can hit the stash UI again and get the item I wanted. ;)
Why would they give you more stash space when they can sell it to you as part of their next expansion?

eek5

Solo, not as a group. I've done four or five minute rifts with another WD and a Monk, sure, but obviously that's not going to happen alone unless I find Conduits or the rift is exceptionally dense.

Sub 9 solo w/ my petdoctor is EASY even if it isn't dense. zzzzz

Wickwire

I just got a pair of tasker and theo off kadala. Will they affect Hydra and Familiars AS for wizards? If they affect hyrdras will they affect how fast they cast nova if im wearing the magistrate helm? or would CDR affect the cast rate of nova by the hydras?

jblank83

I just got a pair of tasker and theo off kadala. Will they affect Hydra and Familiars AS for wizards? If they affect hyrdras will they affect how fast they cast nova if im wearing the magistrate helm? or would CDR affect the cast rate of nova by the hydras?

Tasker affects Hydras, yes. It does not affect familiar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom