• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

garath

Now give me enough stash space to accommodate all these possibilities.

Seriously. SERIOUSLY.

1 dedicated to crafting components.
2.5 committed to Legendaries
.5 committed to gems

I'm out. :(

And I largely only play one character. I have a couple alts but only casually.

Vicros

I've been trying to get a Tasker & Theo from Kadala for a couple weeks now, pumping hundreds of shards into her a day with nothing to show for it. I don't know why, but she was in a real good mood yesterday.

First I got this:

3xEQ2sT.jpg

Cool. Not a T&T but still an upgrade for my fire wiz.

Then right before I was going to log off I notice I have 50 shards from bounties so what the hell might as well blow them.

Out of 50 shards I got Jade gloves, Helltooth gloves, and a Tasker & Theo.

garath

I've been trying to get a Tasker & Theo from Kadala for a couple weeks now, pumping hundreds of shards into her a day with nothing to show for it. I don't know why, but she was in a real good mood yesterday.

First I got this:

3xEQ2sT.jpg

Then right before I was going to log off I notice I have 50 shards from bounties so what the hell might as well blow them.

God damn. Now that's RNG at work. Buy a lotto ticket my friend.

Shifty76

lucky bastard gambling stuff

I started counting how many glove gambles it's taking me to get Frostburns.

I'm currently on a streak of 1800 shards without even seeing a legendary or set pair of gloves. Not even a worthless St Andrews Gage or whatever the hell it's called.

Gambling for them on my WD in case I get a consolation prize of T&T.

garath

I'm currently on a streak of 1800 shards without even seeing a legendary or set pair of gloves. Not even a worthless St Andrews Gage or whatever the hell it's called.

I got a little sad when I saw on my profile that I've earned over 10k shards so far (probably a small number all things considered) and realized of all that spent, the only piece of gear I've gotten from Kadala that I'm wearing is my maurader's pants. All 5 or so other legendaries have been salvaged. Kadala has not been the kindest to me :)

Seriously. SERIOUSLY.

1 dedicated to crafting components.
2.5 committed to Legendaries
.5 committed to gems

I'm out. :(

And I largely only play one character. I have a couple alts but only casually.

I play on 4 classes pretty consistently now. I'm in so much need of space.

Mumei

Frostburns? I've gotten quite a few pairs. I didn't know they were hard to get!

Laconic

Banned
The new seasonal legendaries will drop for regular characters after the season ends:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/13019672481?page=3#54

Good news for people who didn't like the idea of having to play ladder to get them.

Doesn't really matter to me. I'm still out, come the ladder season. All this means is that I MIGHT come back to the game after the second season starts.

Seasons are a really stupid thing to implement in this game, given its core systems and dynamics.

Vicros

How good were the Jade gloves and T&T?

The jade gloves had ias and good cc so I can roll them to trifecta.

The T&T only had ias, but I was able to roll 10% cc on them. Even with the loss of the 48% chd on my old gloves the T&T are a dramatic upgrade. They really make a huge difference.

Mumei

They're one of the ultra-rares, 1/10th as common as regular legendary gloves.

They're also difficult to roll well.

Ah. Mine were all quite mediocre, so there is that.

The jade gloves had ias and good cc so I can roll them to trifecta.

The T&T only had ias, but I was able to roll 10% cc on them. Even with the loss of the 48% chd on my old gloves the T&T are a dramatic upgrade. They really make a huge difference.

Unfortunately Jade doesn't benefit from trifecta (IAS only lets you cast the spells faster), so hopefully you get a CC/CD/Vit or CC/CD/CDR pair later!

CRA5H

A friend gave me a SoJ he found but I don't know what to roll. My CC is already 54% so im debating between rolling INT to CHD (currently at 431%) or Phys from 15% to 20%. Any suggestions? Btw, I'm using a pet build on my WD.

5g1XUk1.jpg

jblank83

A friend gave me a SoJ he found but I don't know what to roll. My CC is already 54% so im debating between rolling INT to CHD (currently at 431%) or Phys from 15% to 20%. Any suggestions? Btw, I'm using a pet build on my WD.

5g1XUk1.jpg

50% CHD is more valuable than 450 INT. 50% CHD is probably more valuable than 5% ele, from personal experience, as well, though I don't know the formula to state such definitively.

CRA5H

50% CHD is more valuable than 450 INT. 50% CHD is probably more valuable than 5% ele, from personal experience, as well, though I don't know the formula to state such definitively.
Thanks! Wish me luck with these rolls. I anticipate to be 20 Million gold in the hole in the next 10 minutes.

Fatphotog

Banned

First I got this:

3xEQ2sT.jpg

I've been doing the same thing. All my shards this past week towards gloves, no TNT. I now have 8 magefists though.

CRA5H

Keep trying. You want 5100ish CHD, to keep it in line with your CC.
5100 CHD? Or Did you mean 510%?

I'm so broke. What's a great way to farm gold nowadays? Hell Rift runs have been nerfed right? I used to sell all my yellows then realized crystals are more valuable for rolls.

Shifty76

I'm so broke. What's a great way to farm gold nowadays? Hell Rift runs have been nerfed right? I used to sell all my yellows then realized crystals are more valuable for rolls.
I equipped a bunch of gf gear on my WD. Dex Kymbo ammy, Goldskin, Dex Sunkeeper...5k+ gf and I got ~5m gold in under an hour just from running some T4 stuff last night

Xanathus

Really the long-term best way which doesn't involve boring grinding of the same bounties over and over again is to just focus on getting a single character capable of doing t4+ rifts and the gold will naturally accumulate as long as you don't waste it rerolling something like a hundred times.

Laconic

Banned

I meant 510, lol. I was half asleep. You generally want a 10:1 ratio.

garath

Really the long-term best way which doesn't involve boring grinding of the same bounties over and over again is to just focus on getting a single character capable of doing t4+ rifts and the gold will naturally accumulate as long as you don't waste it rerolling something like a hundred times.

pretty much this. Plus if you have any gold% items, that bonus is huge now since they changed how it calculates with the difficulty level bonus. I have upwards of 3000% gold find on T4. I regularly get stacks of 20-30k off monsters.

Shifty76

Question for you guys... I read here awhile back that you want 1 CHC per 10 CHD... My crusader is way off that mark (I have a lot more CHC than CHD). I was wondering if it would be better for my dps to reroll the CHC on my magefists to CHD? Not sure if there is a way I can find out ahead of time without doing it and finding out it was a dps loss? Crusader profile is below:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/KillerDark-1570/hero/44332812

Thanks.

10% possible cc on gloves but only 50% possible CD, so cc is a more efficient option in the glove slot. If you have some rings with cc but no cd I'd look at rolling the cc off those for cd rather than gloves.

MrDaravon

Now give me enough stash space to accommodate all these possibilities.

Real talk, this is a very large part of why I don't play a lot anymore. My stash is nearly completely full from just mats, gems, and DH gear (I main DH) as well as some limited rings/ammys that are shareable between my DH and Monk.

I more or less hit a wall with my DH where I just simply can't seem to get decent Mara boots or a Taskers to bump up from T5 to T6. So normally to break up that getting frustrating I'd play another character for a bit which usually would be my Monk, but aside from Monks being largely terrible at the moment (except for zdps support) my Monk is already in a pretty good place except for weapons. Okay no problem, so I'll play my Wizard who isn't very geared, except my stash is now pretty much completely full, and I'm already using mules for all classes as-is. So now I have to start remembering is that Int SoJ I need on my WD main, or on my WD alt, or Wiz alt, or? Ultimately practically speaking it's not the end of the world, but having to go in and out of characters and mules every time I want to play another class is super discouraging and I just wind up feeling like not dealing with it at all. It's completely ridiculous how much they added to the game in terms of crafting and they encourage you to use different skill setups, all of which requires stash, but yet they only added 1 tab. At this point I honestly don't even want to play ladder really because I already don't have room for shit as-is.

They have to address this at some point even if it's via paid microtransactions, I see more people complaining about this then probably anything else.

jblank83

I dislike item roll suggestions without formula support. So, regarding CHD versus ELE on that ring, imagine you have a weapon with 1000 max damage, 9500 INT without the ring, and currently have 0% CHD and 0% element.

If you rolled the ring to max INT
1000 weapon * 100 (equal 10,000 %) dmg modifier from primary stat = 100,000 on regular hit

If you rolled the INT to 50% CHD
1000 weapon * 95 (equals 9,500 %) stat mod = 95,000 on regular hit
1000 weapon * 95 (equals 9,500 %) stat mod * 1.5 on crit = 142,500 on crit hit

If you rolled the element to 5% and also had 400 INT
1000 weapon * 99 (equals 9,900 %) stat mod * 1.05 element mod = 103,950 on regular hit

We're saying "5% element" in this last equation just to simplify the math. In actuality all of the equations would have a 1.15 element mod (and 1.2 in the last equation). However, because it is a modifier common to all equations, we can eliminate it without changing the comparison.

Now, let's look at the damage output over a series of hits, assuming 50% critical chance.
(95,000 + 142,500) / 2 = 118,750 average damage per hit

The other 2 options don't need to be averaged. They are always going to produce the same damage per hit (in reality, the damage range on the weapon will produce varying damage, however we'll ignore that). That means the average hit is always going to be 103,950 on the ring with +5% element and 100,000 with max INT.

Ergo, rerolling the elemental damage mod is more valuable than gaining 100 more INT (assuming you are always using attacks that utilize the +element modifier). Likewise, rolling 50% CHD is much more valuable than either of the other two options.

The only remaining doubt would be if attack speed is not valuable in your build. For instance, attack speed is not very important for some types of Wizards and Witch Doctors. In that case, attack speed would be a better choice to replace than INT. However, as we're talking about a Pet Doctor, AS is valuable.

garath

I dislike item roll suggestions without formula support. So, regarding CHD versus ELE on that ring, imagine you have a weapon with 1000 max damage, 9500 INT without the ring, and currently have 0% CHD and 0% element.

If you rolled the ring to max INT
1000 weapon * 100 (equal 10,000 %) dmg modifier from primary stat = 100,000 on regular hit

If you rolled the INT to 50% CHD
1000 weapon * 95 (equals 9,500 %) stat mod = 95,000 on regular hit
1000 weapon * 95 (equals 9,500 %) stat mod * 1.5 on crit = 142,500 on crit hit

If you rolled the element to 5% and also had 400 INT
1000 weapon * 99 (equals 9,900 %) stat mod * 1.05 element mod = 103,950 on regular hit

We're saying "5% element" in this last equation just to simplify the math. In actuality all of the equations would have a 1.15 element mod (and 1.2 in the last equation). However, because it is a modifier common to all equations, we can eliminate it without changing the comparison.

Now, let's look at the damage output over a series of hits, assuming 50% critical chance.
(95,000 + 142,500) / 2 = 118,750 average damage per hit

The other 2 options don't need to be averaged. They are always going to produce the same damage per hit (in reality, the damage range on the weapon will produce varying damage, however we'll ignore that). That means the average hit is always going to be 103,950 on the ring with +5% element and 100,000 with max INT.

Ergo, rerolling the elemental damage mod is more valuable than gaining 100 more INT (assuming you are always using attacks that utilize the +element modifier). Likewise, rolling 50% CHD is much more valuable than either of the other two options.

Good analysis. Something else to take into consideration though (probably less so in this specific case) is the defensive properties of the main stat. Obviously this is a bigger impact for my DH than a WD that already has over 1000 all resist because dex is converted into Armor as well as providing the dodge chance. But it should be in the equation.

jblank83

It's not germane to the item in question so I kept it simple. Adding everything in would only confuse.

I don't play DEX classes, either, so I don't know the effects DEX has on armor and dodge, nor how dodge is utilized in hit rolls (I'm assuming it's a flat chance to avoid all damage). However, all I hear from those who do is that DEX isn't a good source of mitigation, not on par with STR or INT.

In any case, though, I don't think that 500 of any primary stat will make or break a build through lost damage mitigation, not STR INT or DEX, nor do I think it's more valuable than CHD damage for any character. This is especially true on the very valuable, very effective jewelry slots. The sole exception to this would be support monks with zero dps.

Boogdud

I would think that if you had just about any amount of chd already (unlike the example where it was assumed to have 0%) that elemental damage would win out over chd. Unless you were using some build that had no elemental synergy at all. CHD just doesn't seem that valuable a stat at higher tier levels.

garath

It's not germane to the item in question so I kept it simple. Adding everything in would only confuse.

I don't play DEX classes, either, so I don't know the effects DEX has on armor and dodge, nor how dodge is utilized in hit rolls (I'm assuming it's a flat chance to avoid all damage). However, all I hear from those who do is that DEX isn't a good source of mitigation, not on par with STR or INT.

In any case, though, I don't think that 500 of any primary stat will make or break a build through lost damage mitigation, not STR INT or DEX, nor do I think it's more valuable than CHD damage for any character. This is especially true on the very valuable, very effective jewelry slots. The sole exception to this would be support monks with zero dps.

I don't disagree. Dex has more value for DHs specifically because of the passive that converts 30% into armor which is why I always have to consider it.

scy

Eh? CHD is still one of the more sought after stats for T5/T6 gearing. It's just not overstacked CC/CHD at the cost of other stats (and, likewise, the same for Elemental vs those).

ZenaxPure

Are we gonna get another set of character slots for ladder? I've got room for one more

I've been really curious how this will work too. I'm not too worried if they don't plan to add anymore since I still have 4 or 5 usable slots (since I can always delete my HC characters I have no interest in playing) but I would really like some more character space as well.

scy

More character space == more mules!

Seriously though, I really hope it's a separate "pool" of characters since all I have to delete are 70s or mules :| Not sure how end of season transferring back over would work then, however.

jblank83

I don't disagree. Dex has more value for DHs specifically because of the passive that converts 30% into armor which is why I always have to consider it.

Didn't know about this passive. That's decent. Even so, it's still a tough argument against 50% CHD on a ring. Even with 500 DEX, that's only 150 armor, which is not much mitigation.

I had 25 mill. Now I'm at 3mill. Best I got was 27%. :'(

We can also find the point at which your CHD roll will break even versus the former INT stat on the ring. We simply set the two equations equal and leave the critical hit damage modifier unknown.

Ring with 434 INT...
1000 weapon * 99.34 dmg modifier from primary stat = ring with some % CHD

Ring with some % CHD...
1000 weapon * 95 stat mod * x chd mod = ring with 434 int

Finding the minimum CHD mod to equal 434 INT
1000 weapon * 99.34 dmg mod from stat = 1000 weapon * 95 dmg mod from stat * x chd mod
(1000 * 99.34) / (1000 * 95) = x chd mod
x chd mod = 1.0457
1.0457 = 4.57% CHD to equal the damage output on the ring with 434 INT.

So even your 27% CHD is much better than what you had. Just keep rolling when you have the gold. Personally I keep rolling until I have at least 45% on a ring. Everything from where you already are is just icing on the cake, though.

Shifty76

Oo 7:30 T6 rift clear by a solo monk, making it the new quickest I've seen.

Good old Druin, running that Rimeheart/Frosties shatter build:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkfoAuq1PZU

In other news, my legendary glove drought from Kadala while searching for Frosties ended at around 2100 last night when I got one pair of absolute shite Magefists :/

ZenaxPure

More character space == more mules!

Seriously though, I really hope it's a separate "pool" of characters since all I have to delete are 70s or mules :| Not sure how end of season transferring back over would work then, however.

That is another thing I'm interested in. I may have missed a blue post/tweet somewhere (as my search to refresh my memory wasn't in depth) but I can't remember them ever saying that your season characters will actually roll back into the main game, only items, gold, and xp. Their lack of mentioning characters in those kind of posts has always made me wonder if they plan to just leave the cap alone and only transfer the other stuff back into the main game.

Personally I'd prefer more character space, but, eh...

Boogdud

What would really be nice, is if they would give you the normal tabs for the stash, then one tab that was only visible to each individual character (say the bottom tab). That way you could put stuff for that particular char there and swap it inbetween the other tabs when you wanted to exchange it to another char.

Kind of like a 2nd backpack but just attached to the stash instead.

Space is really a mess. Especially when they keep modifying/improving old legendaries. You never know what is "safe" to get rid of, so you end up hoarding everything.

CRA5H

Didn't know about this passive. That's decent. Even so, it's still a tough argument against 50% CHD on a ring. Even with 500 DEX, that's only 150 armor, which is not much mitigation.

We can also find the point at which your CHD roll will break even versus the former INT stat on the ring. We simply set the two equations equal and leave the critical hit damage modifier unknown.

Ring with 434 INT...
1000 weapon * 99.34 dmg modifier from primary stat = ring with some % CHD

Ring with some % CHD...
1000 weapon * 95 stat mod * x chd mod = ring with 434 int

Finding the minimum CHD mod to equal 434 INT
1000 weapon * 99.34 dmg mod from stat = 1000 weapon * 95 dmg mod from stat * x chd mod
(1000 * 99.34) / (1000 * 95) = x chd mod
x chd mod = 1.0457
1.0457 = 4.57% CHD to equal the damage output on the ring with 434 INT.

So even your 27% CHD is much better than what you had. Just keep rolling when you have the gold. Personally I keep rolling until I have at least 45% on a ring. Everything from where you already are is just icing on the cake, though.
Thanks for the thorough breakdown. Really appreciate it. I honestly wouldn't know where to start when calculating for potential DPs output but I'm sure a simple Google search would yield the answers I need.

Now, I really have to stack some gold find now for those amethysts.

jblank83

Thanks for the thorough breakdown. Really appreciate it. I honestly wouldn't know where to start when calculating for potential DPs output but I'm sure a simple Google search would yield the answers I need.

Now, I really have to stack some gold find now for those amethysts.

I've had a difficult time finding formulas. However, they are usually simple and can be deduced from the various text descriptions. For instance, if you open up the details pane in the character window, you'll see that your primary stat modifies all damage by a certain percent.

Good luck with your rolls.

CRA5H

I've had a difficult time finding formulas. However, they are usually simple and can be deduced from the various text descriptions. For instance, if you open up the details pane in the character window, you'll see that your primary stat modifies all damage by a certain percent.

Good luck with your rolls.
Thanks! I also noticed on your diabloprogress page that at the bottom, it includes information on how your elemental DPS is broken down. Here's what it states for me:

Elemental DPS: 1,015,495.81 (Physical)
1.00% +Physical Skills Damage gives you 8,533.58 dps
1.00% Critical Hit Chance gives you 12,852.78 dps
1.00% Critical Damage gives you 1,716.85 dps
1.00% Attack Speed gives you 7,151.38 dps
100 Intelligence gives you 12,315.01 dps

This was what I was using originally to calculate my potential DPS before I rolled. However, I came to the assumption that these values do change in reference to how much you have per stat. Is my assumption correct or can I actually yield exact numbers using these values?

jblank83

I'm not quite sure what you're asking. I think you're asking if these numbers ever change in relation to each other. They do, as you've already assumed. You can see this by inputting numbers in the paragon fields. If you're asking whether these numbers will accurately reflect changes in-game, they should, assuming simple changes like increasing critical chance by 1%. However the effect of multiple changes at once will be harder to determine with these values.

The numbers listed on the page are a good general idea about stat value, but it's better to understand the formulas.

CRA5H

I'm not quite sure what you're asking. I think you're asking if these numbers ever change in relation to each other. They do, as you've already assumed. You can see this by inputting numbers in the paragon fields. If you're asking whether these numbers will accurately reflect changes in-game, they should, assuming simple changes like increasing critical chance by 1%. However the effect of multiple changes at once will be harder to determine with these values.

The numbers listed on the page are a good general idea about stat value, but it's better to understand the formulas.
You pretty much verified my assumption. Those formulas you posted earlier is probably the most accurate route to take. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom