• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

Just to note, Furnace usage isn't really Fire-build dependent at all. Use it with whatever build.

Unless you were waiting on going Fire until you got it ... for some reason?

Hey guys so I got this amy tonight, I think it's alright but I'm not sure.
:p

Mljfjb3.png

Duress

Just to note, Furnace usage isn't really Fire-build dependent at all. Use it with whatever build.

Unless you were waiting on going Fire until you got it ... for some reason?

I haven't touched my crusader much, and most of my fire gear was just chilling around. It just seemed easier to gear him with it, rather than farm the gear to go through torment.

Lain

Can someone explain to me why the Mammoth Hydra can do as much damage as it does? Is it because it's only 1 head instead of 3? I've seen it reach 25 millions with my impractical gear and I just don't get how, from a start of 178% weapon dmg.

scy

I haven't touched my crusader much, and most of my fire gear was just chilling around. It just seemed easier to gear him with it, rather than farm the gear to go through torment.

No, what I meant was that Furnace isn't a weapon you actually use. It's a swap for bosses to Crushing Blow their Health down faster but not something used for the clear. It doesn't scale with Fire Damage% so it's just an always used weapon swap regardless of elemental build but nothing more than that.

Can someone explain to me why the Mammoth Hydra can do as much damage as it does? Is it because it's only 1 head instead of 3? I've seen it reach 25 millions with my impractical gear and I just don't get how, from a start of 178% weapon dmg.

The damage stacks.

Also, MM Conflag rolls into the same DoT as the Mammoth Hydra.

scy

It's surprising how fast this community died out once Scy quit. :(

Hahahaha.

I've been playing some HotS since I've had my alpha access forever + I don't have much to grind for at the moment. I do need to get more Hearthstone back in too since I put off my Top 16 grind multiple times :|

Basically, just other things instead of D3 to do.

ZenaxPure

This is a great opportunity for me to finally fill in the gap of paragon levels. I'm close to be being back in third in the clan! With a little more of Dengatron not logging on I could make it to second.

We can do this if we work together guys, keep not logging on.

dengatron

This is a great opportunity for me to finally fill in the gap of paragon levels. I'm close to be being back in third in the clan! With a little more of Dengatron not logging on I could make it to second.

We can do this if we work together guys, keep not logging on.

brb grinding 10 levels tomorrow.

Dahbomb

Will come back for 2.1. Once I got the 6 piece Marauder plus all the other pieces I was done with the game as I could do T6. At this point I would only be playing for Paragon levels and slightly better stats on gear. I could gear a new class but I just can't go back to sub T3 difficulties now.

lilltias

Will come back for 2.1. Once I got the 6 piece Marauder plus all the other pieces I was done with the game as I could do T6. At this point I would only be playing for Paragon levels and slightly better stats on gear. I could gear a new class but I just can't go back to sub T3 difficulties now.

What's the difference between the difficulties except lower numbers though?

Rokam

I'm convinced RNGesus is following me around and being a dickhead. The last 4 days I've logged on I've gotten a duplicate legendary back to back. I just want my damn set boots :(.

Sigmaah

I remember some guy on here said a lot of ppl will quit in like 2 months and ppl were like nah brah we won't cause drop rate, we love d3 etc.

I wonder where that guy is now.

I stopped playing cause I don't like to put my time into a t5/t6 rift and only get 1 legendary and it's a fucking Exerian. I could RiF all day and get better legendaries from Kadala instead of actually playing the game. That's my reasoning.

I took a break for a few days and played a bit today. Found some nice Ice Climbers for my Wizard. Gambled Kadala and got nothing. Same same

I think I'll be at it less but I don't think I've completely quit

Mumei

I remember some guy on here said a lot of ppl will quit in like 2 months and ppl were like nah brah we won't cause drop rate, we love d3 etc.

I stopped playing cause I don't like to put my time into a t5/t6 rift and only get 1 legendary and it's a fucking Exerian. I could RiF all day and get better legendaries from Kadala instead of actually playing the game. That's my reasoning.

I sometimes go through droughts, but I think the drop rates are basically fine. I've found everything on my Jade Doctor through drops, except for the Harrington (Kadala), the RoRG (obvious), and the Strongarm Bracers (someone else's drop, who gifted it to me). My Pet Doctor is the same; everything is drops or crafted or gifted and the only Kadala piece is the T&T gloves.

Obviously Kadala can give good stuff, but I find actually playing through the rifts is a more reliable way of getting great legs in the long run (though Kadala is a great supplement when you're going for a specific slot).

ZenaxPure

Well I certainly said those words in regard to clan activity (since I thought trying to get everyone to use the community was pointless since it wouldn't matter a few months into the game, which as we see is obviously the case).

I'm still playing everyday though and probably will continue to do so at least until all 6 of my characters are geared up (4 down, 1.5 to go). Was kinda hoping the patch would be out before that happened, but, doesn't seem like that is going to be the case.

garath

Got lucky and this dropped:

Now I'm wondering if putting a skill mod on it would be better than re-rolling the int to a higher value.

Yeah. I'd reroll the life per second for sure. Probably defensive stat (all resist/armor) or a skill mod.

jblank83

That was an accurate but not exactly earth shattering prediction. Diablo 3 has a very limited amount of content. Most players are going to grow bored of it in a couple of weeks. Blizzard needs to implement different game modes, different maps, different content, and game mechanics to make it more dynamic and interesting.

There's only so many times you can kill the same monsters in the same maps and get the same loot over and over and over.

Got lucky and this dropped:

Now I'm wondering if putting a skill mod on it would be better than re-rolling the int to a higher value.

+10 to +15 on a skill is much more valuable than +60 INT, assuming you use that skill often and will never not use it in your Tal Rasha build.

CRA5H

Any tips for a DH build with both danettas? My DH just hit 70 today and those 2 weaps are all I have to show for lol.

Sigmaah

That was an accurate but not exactly earth shattering prediction. Diablo 3 has a very limited amount of content. Most players are going to grow bored of it in a couple of weeks. Blizzard needs to implement different game modes, different maps, different content, and game mechanics to make it more dynamic and interesting.

There's only so many times you can kill the same monsters in the same maps and get the same loot over and over and over.

That's the biggest issue really. I mean, ima play again in the upcoming days for sure just to finish gearing all of my melee classes but after that, then what?

They really did goof on rifts. I went into RoS thinking it'd be new areas that would be refreshing and amazing to be in but nah he's recolored acts for you to enjoy...

Rifts also not having a shit load of packs and some just being empty spaces for you to just walk around and find the next portal to go in doesn't help either.

I want rifts to be full with packs all the time and not have to walk around finding the next area so often. I know you get some rifts with just packs but it doesn't happen often enough. Shit is just annoying as hell. I swear I also get more legends from chests, breaking items, and other shit instead of killing mobs. Am I the only one who has an issue with that?

eek5

Density got a lot better after they removed Pandemonium Fortress from the rift rotation. Not everything is cemetery density but it really shouldn't be either.

Most of my legendaries have dropped from killing stuff.

jblank83

Lack of dynamic level building - Dynamically, randomly created levels is important in these games. When you have the same maps again and again, it kills the fun.

Lack of unique rooms - Things like the Skeleton King's chamber in Diablo 1. Make enough of these, from common to rare, and it keeps things interesting. Imagine doing a rift and there's an actual interesting room with an interesting sub-quest to do in it, sort of like cursed chests/shrines but better.

Lack of interesting elites/champs - Along with the lack of unique rooms, there's a lack of interesting unique spawns with interesting abilities. Sure, there's arcane and poison and whatnot, but who cares. You've seen it once, you've seen it a thousand times (literally). What about a rare champ that spawns treasure goblins? The possibilities are endless. Making a set of such common and rare champs would keep things interesting. We all enjoy goblin rooms, pony rooms, cow rooms, for instance.

Add these all together, put them in rifts, and you get a much more dynamic game, a more interesting game, that will keep people playing longer. Then add in seasons and ladders and better PVP.

garath

There's only so much you can do besides work on an alt. And my enthusasim for working on an alt is as limited as my stash space.

Once tiered rifts and seasons hit it'll be better. Or new legendaries.

Cipherr

Doesn't really matter to me. I'm still out, come the ladder season. All this means is that I MIGHT come back to the game after the second season starts.

Seasons are a really stupid thing to implement in this game, given its core systems and dynamics.

Wut? Seasons make perfect sense with the way this game is. D2 felt like it had a much higher loot ceiling in terms of building out your character than D3 does. Seasonal ladder resets of economy loot and characters is perfect for this game, and it will inject a ton of life back into it if handled properly.

cdyhybrid

Think I'm going to start playing my Barb again. Only have one piece of MotE so far though, and no Lut Socks ><

Guess I'll roll with a fire HotA build and farm T3 until I can get those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom