• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radec

After farming some T6 with a Jade Doc, I'm getting bored now.

I'll let D3 rest for a bit until the next major version comes.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
For any of you guys getting bored with the game I recommend that you try out hardcore. DotaGAF has our own offshoot clan and pretty much all of us have switched over to HC after getting a character or two to that point in t5/6 where you feel like the game slows down. I had a lot of reservations at first but let me tell you, it's so much more fun. You have to play much more carefully, itemize without going pure glass cannon, and get to have fun starting over. It's kind of nice having to prioritize what to use souls and gold on rather than just slamming that roll button until you get what you came for.

Of course it will hit it's wall just like any other Diablo character, but you'll take longer to get there. And don't be too scared to die! It's not all THAT bad, as long as you have some other buddies at max level they can just powerlevel you back to 50 without much issue and you still have all your paragon levels and your stash/artisans. Just manage that stash carefully.

StMeph

It's kind of sad how quickly D3 died after the drop rate buff was made permanent, but I think the bigger changed that really made gearing too easy was allowing Kadala to drop Torment-only (basically set) items.

At least with improved legendary drops, people were encouraged to play the game. But drops are still wildly random, and it would be difficult to guess how long it would take to see a specific item. With Kadala, things like RIF (and level 1 T6 RIF, briefly) are efficient because you can target a specific slot to chase. Cuting out 11 non-relevant slots basically improves drop rates by 12x. That's incredible.

Both buffs combined meant everyone got to a comfortable gear ceiling in a matter of weeks.

th3dude

It's kind of sad how quickly D3 died after the drop rate buff was made permanent, but I think the bigger changed that really made gearing too easy was allowing Kadala to drop Torment-only (basically set) items.

At least with improved legendary drops, people were encouraged to play the game. But drops are still wildly random, and it would be difficult to guess how long it would take to see a specific item. With Kadala, things like RIF (and level 1 T6 RIF, briefly) are efficient because you can target a specific slot to chase. Cuting out 11 non-relevant slots basically improves drop rates by 12x. That's incredible.

Both buffs combined meant everyone got to a comfortable gear ceiling in a matter of weeks.

It's dead? Bummer, I was planning on playing tonight...

Celegus

It's not dead, I've still been playing every night. There are drastically fewer people than there once was though. Mostly at this point I'm only playing because it's fun to play together with my wife (and otther GAF people too). The two characters I care about are more or less geared as well as I care to get them (hexing pants are proving impossible to find), but it's relaxing to just hang out with her and kill some monsters together and help gear her characters too. I've barely played anything else since the expansion came out, so I can't ask for much more than that. This and Dark Souls II have been the only games I've bought this year, and I've gotten plenty out of each.

Nome

I guess they're efficient in theory, but to date I've yet to get any "Torment-only" legs or sets through Kadala. I'd wager the drop rates are still very low.

Krassus

The Kadala thing is truth. Its pretty easy for someone who is a hardcore grinder.

Also have the people who quit been culled? LFG if room

Celegus

The Kadala thing is truth. Its pretty easy for someone who is a hardcore grinder.

Also have the people who quit been culled? LFG if room

I think there should be some open spots at this point, if one of the mods can let you in. I've seen people getting the boot here and there lately.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/13077107623#3

CM Nevalistis said:
We've seen a ton of feedback lately about the relative power levels between classes, and it seems a good time to explain a bit behind our philosophy of where we'd like to see each class go from here.

The Witch Doctor is currently very strong. That is awesome, and we're happy to hear Witch Doctor players are having a blast with their characters and that players who have never considered playing the Witch Doctor before are giving it a whirl.

The Witch Doctor's current level of power comes largely from the powerful items they have available. Ideally, we'd like all classes to have fun and powerful item builds and that means taking a look at what equipment is available. This is something we’re actively pursuing, and while some of the other classes are almost there, others have some additional room for growth. We've already mentioned some of the upcoming Monk set changes we have on the way, but they aren't the only class we’re keeping a watchful eye on. Ultimately, we'd like to strive for a place where each class has an equal crack at end game success, especially with Seasons and Tiered Rifts on the near horizon. It’s likely each class will accomplish that in different ways, because they are inherently so different from one another, and that’s okay!

Allow me to caveat the above with the fact we won't get there overnight. This is an overarching development goal, and a continuing journey rather than a destination. Our work is never truly done, especially because we have every intention of continuing to make awesome items. On our way through this ongoing process, we appreciate your feedback.

Gives the impression that they're happy with WD and aim to create similarly powerful item-based builds for other classes,

ZenaxPure

Gives the impression that they're happy with WD and aim to create similarly powerful item-based builds for other classes,

I hope they take a long look at Barbarian items. There is only one single mighty weapon with an orange effect that actually changes an ability and it's a 2 handed weapon so no one cares. Then there is also only 2 mighty belts with orange effects and while both are nice they aren't build changing or anything, plus I'd rather wear Harrington. In fact really the only orange item with an effect that changes barbarian in a big way is Luts but that is only if you have the entire leap quake set.

It's pretty depressing to be honest, I never get excited when I see mighty weapons or mighty belts drop.

MrDaravon

This is the right attitude to have.

Now fix the goddamn stash situation, I'm out of room and tired of dealing with mules, it's easier to just not play at this point. Especially since they haven't clearly stated how stuff will come back in from ladder characters. I still plan on coming back from time to time even if nothing changes, but if you need room in the clan for people more actively playing whoever can feel free to boot me if needed, it's all good.

ZenaxPure

Pretty much this. 2.1 is going to be pretty huge.

I'm not sure I agree. If you aren't interested in seasons all you have are class changes and tiered rifts (unless they randomly announce a bunch of cool shit we don't know about). I honestly don't except tiered rifts alone to hold the interest of people very long. Especially if it is someone who played maybe a month of the expansion before getting tired.

I expect some people to play again when the patch comes out, sure, but not to the level others seem to expect (and certainly not last as long).

Celegus

Almost tempted to give the shield tosser build a try after I found this. (and got the skill first roll)

fdgGldn.jpg

How are the non-holy runes for blessed shield? I'm currently fire but could piece together a lightning set as well... not so much on holy though.

It really comes down to the items not being up to par. WD has a number of them that have tangible power jumps to them and its obvious from just the item description.You instantly know that those items are awesome, no need to fudge around with the math of it

Mask of Jeram - 100% damage? WAT
Tasker and Theo - Pets attack 50% faster? That's crazy
Tall Man's Finger - One big dog? I'm gonna have to check this out. Holy shit my dog destroys everything
Star Metal Kukri - I don't even have to say anything about this one
Jade Set - Wait, if I get this set and I use that passive and wait, this mask makes dot damage happen in half the time. That means... holy shit!

There are too few items in the game that get your mind racing. Also, pets are pretty damn OP. There should be more stuff that makes a single character pump out stupid damage... somehow. Also there should be combinations of items that make you not want to use your class' set, that end game seems pretty boring to me. Stuff that synergizes but in not so readily apparent ways. Creativity

If monk gets to WD level it will shit all over all the other classes because of how fun monk is to play. RIP everyone else.

Don't do this to yourself

ZenaxPure

Also there should be combinations of items that make you not want to use your class' set, that end game seems pretty boring to me. Stuff that synergizes but in not so readily apparent ways. Creativity

I feel like this is going to be a big problem in the long run for crusaders. Most of the class sets at least force you to do a very specific build, but, the crusader set only really requires you to give up one skill slot. Right now I don't see much of a reason you'd ever want to not wear the pieces. Especially when all the build changing type crusader items are tied to weapon slots.

Artanisix

I hope they take a long look at Barbarian items. There is only one single mighty weapon with an orange effect that actually changes an ability and it's a 2 handed weapon so no one cares. Then there is also only 2 mighty belts with orange effects and while both are nice they aren't build changing or anything, plus I'd rather wear Harrington. In fact really the only orange item with an effect that changes barbarian in a big way is Luts but that is only if you have the entire leap quake set.

It's pretty depressing to be honest, I never get excited when I see mighty weapons or mighty belts drop.

The charm helm is honestly BIS for T6 barbs.

It's not very fun or interesting, though.

ZenaxPure

The charm helm is honestly BIS for T6 barbs.

It's not very fun or interesting, though.

Eh, I disagree. It's a good hat but if you're playing alone I think it's entirely pointless. All it does it cause enemies to spread out which is bad for EQ builds. The benefit obviously is that it offers good mitigation but I have all the damage reduction I need from double unity. I have consistently found my T6 clear times to be slower when using it because I can't use threatening shout as a tool to gather up enemies (which it is so good at doing). Had too many cases of elite enemies that run away (Wasps, Tomb Guardians, etc.) requiring an extra cycle of leap quakes because they walked out of my last set due to being charmed.

That said though, yeah it's not really that interesting of an item. I was talking more about stuff like Woh, Gyrfalcon, and the stuff Toasty mentioned. Barbarians just have absolutely no stand alone items that are "amazing." Luts is the closest thing but it only becomes awesome when you wear the EQ set.

I feel like this is going to be a big problem in the long run for crusaders. Most of the class sets at least force you to do a very specific build, but, the crusader set only really requires you to give up one skill slot. Right now I don't see much of a reason you'd ever want to not wear the pieces. Especially when all the build changing type crusader items are tied to weapon slots.

Yup. There's no reason you would every not want to be in AC mode. The benefits are too great and its easily doable. The 4 piece bonus as well. It's plain busted and no other Crusader set would compare.

Pants, shoulders, chests and belts need more class specific effects. Shoulders especially. There's nothing to look forward to when you see one of those drop and the beam isn't green.

You're right any barbs not having anything interesting. Earthquake set is the only real head turner and consequently the only thing worth running

scy

It really comes down to the items not being up to par. WD has a number of them that have tangible power jumps to them and its obvious from just the item description.You instantly know that those items are awesome, no need to fudge around with the math of it

Essentially, this. WDs get crazy power spikes in non-linear ways. Sure, normal stat scaling and all that applies but, for the most part, it's a variety of items that either do outrageous increases (+50% Global multiplier, +100% Damage, etc.) or ... well, Jade Harvester where it front-ends a ton of damage.

Basically. We're currently designed into weapon + set as our build goals. I suppose the same applies to other classes but it's more that our non-set setup of Gyrfalcon was hit pretty hard. And it's not like it can't also benefit from our set as well anyway so ... the set is essentially ideal for their slots.

The only real competition for that would be some absurd CDR values in a set bonus or other values that make up for the AC bonuses. Somehow.

ZenaxPure

Pants, shoulders, chests and belts need more class specific effects. Shoulders especially. There's nothing to look forward to when you see one of those drop and the beam isn't green.

Pretty much, Blizz really needs to get past their fear of an item being OP and just embrace it (which to be fair they have done in some cases like TMF). I feel like there is a huge amount of items already in the game that have really cool effects but people shy away from using them due to them not being strong enough.

Basically what I am getting at is that I think the mentality of the 90% of the playerbase is not "I want to work towards a cool build" and is instead "I want to work towards being T6 capable." To get around that they should really start making items absurdly strong because even though there is technically a lot of builds in the game right now most of them can't make it past T4.

Radec

Monks needs a set like this:

Set item with 4 set bonus:
-Cast 2 additional bells when using the bell skill.

Set item with 6 set bonus:
-Exploding Palm hits all enemies within 15meters radius.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

What? I know that all my friends and I quit playing RoS a few weeks after it came out. Then the anniversary buff hit and we all came running back. The droprate feels a lot more natural now, it still takes a hundred billion hours to min/max every slot, but now it doesn't feel impossible to complete your set without playing 12 hours a day. Like with all things though, the droprate buff hype died down, and then they found some fun in HC. Remains to be seen how long that will last, but eventually every game gets old if you play it enough
except dota of course

I wouldn't give this game a second look without the droprate buff. I think the game "died" (by died I guess we just mean many people stopped playing, aka friends online got notably smaller) far before the buff even took place, like with any other game, people just get bored.

eek5

Monks needs a set like this:

Set item with 4 set bonus:
-Cast 2 additional bells when using the bell skill.

Set item with 6 set bonus:
-Exploding Palm hits all enemies within 15meters radius.

As an homage to zDPS monk they should make a 6 set bonus where your attacks now do 0 damage but all enemies you hit have EP cast on them and your spirit regen is doubled. lol

cdyhybrid

Oh gosh...please let these datamined patch notes be real. Supposedly this is from the same guy who datamined the legendary drop rates.

Spoilered it:

Monk
Momentum (Passive)
Previously: Moving 25 yards increases your damage by 15% for 4 seconds
Now: Moving 30 yards increases your damage by 20% for 6 seconds

Fixed a bug where Pillar of the Ancients impeded player movement

Barbarian
Changed durations for leap and earthquake animations

Items
Increased the drop chances for following items. Their assigned rarity value has been increased from 50 to 100 (lower being rarer) – same value as the Blackthorne’s set items

Classic class sets (Natalya, Immortal King’s, Tal Rasha’s, Inna’s, Zunimasa’s)
Expansion class sets (Raekor’s, Marauders, Firebird, Seven storms, Akkhan, Helltooth)
Expansion theme sets (Jade Harvester’s, Monkey King’s Garb (Sunwuko), Vyr’s, Shadow’s, Earth)
Expansion neutral sets (Invoker’s)
Drop rates for Istvan's Paired Blades and Bastions of Will have not been modified

Monkey King's Garb
4 set bonus:

Previously: Spending 75 Spirit causes a decoy to spawn that taunts nearby enemies and then explodes for 100%weapon damage as Holy.

Now: Spending 75 Spirit causes a decoy to spawn that taunts nearby enemies and then explodes for 1600% weapon damage as Holy.

Decoy taunt radius decreased from 20 to 15 meters
Decoy explosion delay decreased from 1 to 0.5 seconds

Raiment of a Thousand Storms
6 set bonus:

Previously: Whenever you teleport to an enemy, release Lightning at all nearby enemies for 100% weapon damage.

Now: Whenever you cast dashing strike, release Lightning at all nearby enemies for 3000% weapon damage.

Damage radius decreased from 20 to 15 meters

Crafting
Requirement for unique legendary crafting material (i.e. Essence of the Twin Seas) has been removed for crafted legendary / set items.

These crafting materials can be sold to vendors for 50,000 (yes 50K) gold each
Adjusted reagent requirements (set items require more Death’s Breaths; weapons no longer need Death’s Breath to craft)

Game mechanics

Plague
Now takes 6 seconds to fully stack

UI
Added elemental damage is now shown on skill tooltips

Blacksmith
Now only requires gold for training level 11 & 12

Jeweler
Now only requires gold for training level 12

kmfdmpig

If that materials part is real then that gives us a fair amount of free stash space, which is nice. No more first tab wasted with random materials.

garath

More class sets. Ok. I guess that's a good thing. It didn't feel like it took too long to get my Maurader's 6 piece though. And I have natalya's all over the place.

Still. better drops are better drops!

robochimp

Crafting thing seems weird, but, the rest of it doesn't look too unbelievable I guess.

Rare mats the way they are now force you into playing the game in a tedious and boring fashion.

Using more Death's breath for crafting just keeps you running bounties and rifts, which is how they want you to play the game.

Celegus

Rare mats the way they are now force you into playing the game in a tedious and boring fashion.

Using more Death's breath for crafting just keeps you running bounties and rifts, which is how they want you to play the game.

Guess maybe I shouldn't have sold a couple stacks of death's breath yesterday.

garath

Wait wow. I overlooked that. No more unique crafting item required? No more farming Malthael for Reaper's fear??? whoa!

Well, that's a very small step to freeing up stash space by removing those legendary unique crafting mats but also boosts gold for many players at the same time.

All set items having the same chance is a good change.

Nice little QoL patch but still waiting for 2.1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom