• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eek5

How, though? I've been in rifts where I went -minutes- where I saw no more than 10 enemies.

I don't really know how to explain Yes, I've had 12min rifts but those are really, really rare for me. The majority of the time I'm under 9 and about hafl the time I finish before 8. I get as many 6-7min rifts as I do 12-13min rifts so it evens out.

I'm not cherry picking runs either; I was timing every single run I did for a while to see which builds I had were the most efficient and which torment I should be running.

Laconic

Banned
2000-ish on a level 70 one? 1177 - 1410 is the lowest possible +Damage roll it can have.

As for the bracers, I'd roll off the LoH easily. STR/AR/Crit/Elemental% is the set of stats I typically aim for on the slot.

I just checked it, and yes... it is a level 67. :p

AR on bracers? Can't they get both crit chance and crit damage? Why AR over vit?

scy

I'd rather have better mitigation over a larger Health pool (barring Helm since 700+ VIT wins there over AR). And Bracers cannot get Crit Damage so it's STR + Crit Chance + Elemental% + Mitigation Stat.

Laconic

Banned
I'd rather have better mitigation over a larger Health pool (barring Helm since 700+ VIT wins there over AR). And Bracers cannot get Crit Damage so it's STR + Crit Chance + Elemental% + Mitigation Stat.

Thank you for the insight. :)

lilltias

Pets not doing what they should is why I love the Carnevil build. Just pump up the attack speed and snipe away. Granted, it comes with other problems, like you have to realign your fetishes and try to keep all of them having los to targets, but that's actually quite fun to manage. And with the Starmetal the cooldown for my fetish army goes down real fast (extra fast with carnevil) so I can spam that and bbv to keep my dps going steady. Real fun. Can do T3/T4 fine and I don't even have that great gear aside from my weapon and mask. Is fun!

Radec

Pets not doing what they should is why I love the Carnevil build. Just pump up the attack speed and snipe away. Granted, it comes with other problems, like you have to realign your fetishes and try to keep all of them having los to targets, but that's actually quite fun to manage. And with the Starmetal the cooldown for my fetish army goes down real fast (extra fast with carnevil) so I can spam that and bbv to keep my dps going steady. Real fun. Can do T3/T4 fine and I don't even have that great gear aside from my weapon and mask. Is fun!

The awful thing about this build is that you will lose the MoJ bonus for pets which is huge.

If only they put Carnevil's bonus to a Mojo or a CK, Pet Build would have been alot stronger.

Carnevil is pretty fun in-deed, Champions melt seeing those numbers like a machine gun.

lilltias

The awful thing about this build is that you will lose the MoJ bonus for pets which is huge.

If only they put Carnevil's bonus to a Mojo or a CK, Pet Build would have been alot stronger.

Carnevil is pretty fun in-deed, Champions melt seeing those numbers like a machine gun.

Yeah, I'm not sure I can take this that much further. Combined with a MoJ bonus it would have been one crazy build though and most likely too op.

Radec

qqW0Giz.jpg

KuGsj.gif

Celegus

Finally got a shield worth using! A Defender of Westmarch (the one that shoots out the wolf) with good rolls on str/block/vit (and rolled crit) and over 30% block chance. It's pretty nice since I use Punish, the +15% block passive and the +armor% based on block chance passive.

My Crusader is feeling pretty much complete, at this point it's mostly just replacing the stuff I have with better versions - preferably my awful Akkhan chest and shoulders.

Mumei

Ricerocket was nice enough to give me a new Strongarm Bracer, so now I have 25% on the proc instead of the awful 22% I had before!

It did take me 40 million to get 20%, though. :mad:

Boogdud

I know it sounds lame, but I honestly think my game is bugged. The last legendary I got was on Tuesday at ~7pm. Since then I have put in about 10-11 hours and not a single legendary has dropped. I mean, not even a crap leg, just.. nothing.

fake edit: I'd also be lying if I didn't think that posting this will almost certainly guarantee that SOMETHING drops in the next few mins

Celegus

Also: I hate Arcane Dust. I run out of that way more often than anything else, I have tons of crystals and souls but never ever ever enough dust. And I pick up blues all the time! Freaking Reaper's Wraps eat 120 dust everytime, getting that many is even more annoying than killing Malthael.

garath

Also: I hate Arcane Dust. I run out of that way more often than anything else, I have tons of crystals and souls but never ever ever enough dust. And I pick up blues all the time! Freaking Reaper's Wraps eat 120 dust everytime, getting that many is even more annoying than killing Malthael.

Yeah, it's rough :(

Basically when I'm rifting now I'll pick up every blue I see and a yellow once in awhile. If I start running out of space I'll just start dropping yellows. I have more than enough crystals thanks to Kadala and tons of rifting. Dust is lower. If somehow I exceed my crystal count in dust, I'll swap it up.

Celegus

Basically when I'm rifting now I'll pick up every blue I see and a yellow once in awhile. If I start running out of space I'll just start dropping yellows. I have more than enough crystals thanks to Kadala and tons of rifting. Dust is lower. If somehow I exceed my crystal count in dust, I'll swap it up.

I pick up everything like a little hoarder. I'm super poor too, so I've been selling the yellows. It's some kind of miracle if I ever have over 10m gold.

Boogdud

No crap, 3 minutes after posting... the crudest boots drop.

Now, I guess if only that perfect SoJ or Harrington's would drop.. >.>

Mumei

Strongarm Bracers are mostly good for white trash though?

Nope.

Strongarm Bracers are sort of pointless for white trash, since it just adds more overkill. And while Strongarm is sort of pointless for some elites and champs (and all Rift Guardians), quite a few elites and champions are small enough to proc the "sucking in" effect of Piranhado.

Krassus

You go all phys? I went almost all with SoJ now but still missing a neck. Not sure if its faster with my setup. Would you mind checking it out? I kind of mixed in rockets with the passives as well since everything I'm using them procs them.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Luxury-1795/hero/35034858

Shifty76

Next you'll tell me your monk solos at <10 mins (let alone 6-7) , that claim would be espsecially delicious to hear with all the monk complaints in the thread.

Nope, my monk can't solo T6 in under 10 mins. Seen a few vids of solo monks who can though.

One was a ~460k dps monk with Rimeheart/Frosties combo, another was a lightning monk, another was a no-generator LTK fire monk, and there was one posted today (maybe yesterday, don't recall) of a CDR no-generator monk using lightning pillar to proc tons of weapon effects who is claiming ~10 min solo rifts.

I can dig up links to vids if you want.

Radec

So true :(. Monk was my main but it can't compete with the other classes. In 40-50 hours my Crusader is more geared and more powerful than my monk I spent a couple hundred hours on...

I was running a Monk before Loot 2.0, it was fun and somewhat devastating with the exploding palm + infinite bells build.

Then they nerf the shit out of it and haven't I don't know what build to use anymore. I just let him get to lvl 70 and haven't touched him again.

garath

You go all phys? I went almost all with SoJ now but still missing a neck. Not sure if its faster with my setup. Would you mind checking it out? I kind of mixed in rockets with the passives as well since everything I'm using them procs them.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Luxury-1795/hero/35034858

Looks good to me. You're better geared than I am :)

I don't have a dex Tasker and Theo so I opted to go 6 piece maurader and I use a unity as well as the SoJ. Works real well. My amulet is crap. I have the physical% but no crit damage.

Even despite that, I'm clearing faster than I was with a fire build and cindercoat. I believe physical is better than fire if you are using the 6 piece maurader set bonus. The multishot phys rune is better than the fire one and the rockets from shooting stars get the ballistics bonus on top of the phys% bonus. Not to mention the sentry and pets base attacks are physical and get boosted too.

I use pretty much the same build as you except I still use a generator. Without a cindercoat I've really appreciated having the generator. With your krider you're actually in a tough spot as you don't want the sentries using elem arrow lol. First world problems.

I'd replace custom engineering with something though. During normal clears I'm not even getting the max 4 sentries out let alone the 5. And stuff dies way to quick to worry about the sentry duration. It might be worth it on guardians but honestly, another passive can supplement the lost dps from a 5th sentry easy. Singled out is a great one.

I also found in my numerous Ghom dps runs that archery with a bow isn't super great. I prefer to use steady aim. It's not hard to keep the passive up and it's a lot more dps. As long as YOU are away from the mobs, the sentries get the bonus.

The ballistics passive is great. It really helps the dps with the phys build.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/garath-1132/hero/40752152

I was running a Monk before Loot 2.0, it was fun and somewhat devastating with the exploding palm + infinite bells build.

Then they nerf the shit out of it and haven't I don't know what build to use anymore. I just let him get to lvl 70 and haven't touched him again.

Yea same here. Ended up being a lightning monk in RoS but I got bored of feeling like I wasn't helping much. I feel like I have good gear (not the best, but decent at least) too. Already am running T5 on my crusader and I'm pretty sure my monk could barely solo 3? Hopefully Blizzard makes some meaningful changes for Monks in 2.1 like they are claiming!

Shifty76

I've got a couple of monks capable of soloing a lot of T6 content.

One is a zdps spec utilizing Rimeheart to shatter white enemies who have been tagged with EP, which in turn causes massive AOE explosions. Build works fantastic in groups, but if I'm solo and I run out of white mobs to blow up then there's nothing I can do vs elites as they (and their minions) are immune to the shatter from Rimeheart.

The other monk (my main) is a bit of a lightning/fire hybrid, running pretty much a cookie cutter LTK:SS spec. Rolls through T5 fairly easily, and T6 is doable, but far from efficient (T6 rifts around 15-20 mins). Need a SoH to drop to up the efficiency I think...not a lot else I can do in terms of gearing for her as she has BiS items in every other slot.

Krassus

Looks good to me. You're better geared than I am :)

I don't have a dex Tasker and Theo so I opted to go 6 piece maurader and I use a unity as well as the SoJ. Works real well. My amulet is crap. I have the physical% but no crit damage.

Even despite that, I'm clearing faster than I was with a fire build and cindercoat. I believe physical is better than fire if you are using the 6 piece maurader set bonus. The multishot phys rune is better than the fire one and the rockets from shooting stars get the ballistics bonus on top of the phys% bonus. Not to mention the sentry and pets base attacks are physical and get boosted too.

I use pretty much the same build as you except I still use a generator. Without a cindercoat I've really appreciated having the generator. With your krider you're actually in a tough spot as you don't want the sentries using elem arrow lol. First world problems.

I'd replace custom engineering with something though. During normal clears I'm not even getting the max 4 sentries out let alone the 5. And stuff dies way to quick to worry about the sentry duration. It might be worth it on guardians but honestly, another passive can supplement the lost dps from a 5th sentry easy. Singled out is a great one.

I also found in my numerous Ghom dps runs that archery with a bow isn't super great. I prefer to use steady aim. It's not hard to keep the passive up and it's a lot more dps. As long as YOU are away from the mobs, the sentries get the bonus.

The ballistics passive is great. It really helps the dps with the phys build.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/garath-1132/hero/40752152

Thanks im going to swap those passives out. I like the extra sentries for rift bosses and I was doing Malth farming all night. Putting out the 5 total makes T6 bosses really easy when I vault around dodging and prancing.

One is a zdps spec utilizing Rimeheart to shatter white enemies who have been tagged with EP, which in turn causes massive AOE explosions. Build works fantastic in groups, but if I'm solo and I run out of white mobs to blow up then there's nothing I can do vs elites as they (and their minions) are immune to the shatter from Rimeheart.

The other monk (my main) is a bit of a lightning/fire hybrid, running pretty much a cookie cutter LTK:SS spec. Rolls through T5 fairly easily, and T6 is doable, but far from efficient (T6 rifts around 15-20 mins). Need a SoH to drop to up the efficiency I think...not a lot else I can do in terms of gearing for her as she has BiS items in every other slot.

Can you link your build or profile? My monk and the buddy I run with is struggling to solo T5 and I have no idea what to tell him, thanks in advance.

Shifty76

Can you link your build or profile? My monk and the buddy I run with is struggling to solo T5 and I have no idea what to tell him, thanks in advance.

Zdps monk: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/shifty76-1953/hero/41051238

LTK monk: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/shifty76-1953/hero/6639133

Note that I switch that RoRG between the two of them since I only have one. I think it's currently on my zdps monk.

Stats on my main if that ring is equipped:

~1.1m sheet dps (goes up to around 1.3m when Vaxo clones spawn due to Unity passive)
~50% elite dmg, ~55% lightning dmg, ~30% fire dmg (handy for Epiphany, Gyana proc and fire ally)
~350k hp
~1500 AR, 11k armour

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness

Just need a couple of Furnaces to drop some day and then you can swap to that as needed and run one on your enchantress.

I've created a bunch of monks for gearing up separate resists for OWE and I'm slowly leveling them up. It's tough to swallow that pride and go zDPS with strength gear. Oh well, gotta roll with the punches. I'm just hoping 2.1 will at least fix the defensive value of dex so strength isn't preferred.

I'm gonna laugh when all u STR monks have to re-gear because 2.1 makes us awesome!

im probably gonna cry as the patch does nothing and my DEX monk continues to be shelved.

Shifty76

What am I doing wrong with my monk? http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Leviathon-1520/hero/3877211

I can barely solo T4, because I get my ass handed to me by elites. I know my life is low, but any other suggestions? Maybe Transcendence?

I do have a nice zDPS monk at least :(

Thanks.
Can't check bnet links from work to see individual item rolls, however:

1. Really want another 100k hp
2. Get around 50% cooldown reduction
3. Switch Momentum to StI
4. Consider Desert Shroud on Epiphany
5. Transcendence is a fantastic option since you're spending tons of spiirit.
6. Resists seem really low? Tough to tell from bnet profile though

Can't check bnet links from work to see individual item rolls, however:

1. Really want another 100k hp
2. Get around 50% cooldown reduction
3. Switch Momentum to StI
4. Consider Desert Shroud on Epiphany
5. Transcendence is a fantastic option since you're spending tons of spiirit.
6. Resists seem really low? Tough to tell from bnet profile though

Here is the diabloprogress link: http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/leviathon-1520/Levrikon/3877211

I switch to momentum for lower torment levels for an extra dmg boost. I need to try and crafter better OWE items, but it is such a pain.

Dahbomb

I'm gonna laugh when all u STR monks have to re-gear because 2.1 makes us awesome!

im probably gonna cry as the patch does nothing and my DEX monk continues to be shelved.
Most people have enough gear in their stash to easily change spec these days if needed. I don't even play Monk and I already have a bunch of items in stash for the buff (like their set pieces).

Krassus

Zdps monk: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/shifty76-1953/hero/41051238

LTK monk: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/shifty76-1953/hero/6639133

Note that I switch that RoRG between the two of them since I only have one. I think it's currently on my zdps monk.

Stats on my main if that ring is equipped:

~1.1m sheet dps (goes up to around 1.3m when Vaxo clones spawn due to Unity passive)
~50% elite dmg, ~55% lightning dmg, ~30% fire dmg (handy for Epiphany, Gyana proc and fire ally)
~350k hp
~1500 AR, 11k armour

Looks like its a lot I need to change. I'm running the 3pc Innas with RoRG so I can use the helm you have. Looks like the main thing is dropping Innas and going for Aughilds / Ashearas instead and cains instead of illusory / sunwuko gaunts.

Ill try it tonight, thanks again man

@Juices or whoever you are in Gaf clan, let me know if you are doing T6 bounties tonight. I was Luxury last night running them in the community with you =)

Shifty76

Here is the diabloprogress link: http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/leviathon-1520/Levrikon/3877211

I switch to momentum for lower torment levels for an extra dmg boost. I need to try and crafter better OWE items, but it is such a pain.

Yeah, that site is blocked too, but it's equally useless anyway. Too bad d3up is dead in the water.

Fender plays a LTK spam fire monk, so I'm sure he'll chip in with some other suggestions.

@Krassus: I'm considering dropping my RoRG for good on that monk as I have a nice Unity with my OWE resist (plus it's a pain switching the ring between characters)
If I do that I'll be adding in Aughilds shoulders and Asheara's...something. Boots most likely, since it's easier to get a good boot craft than it is a good glove craft. Might roll Asheara gloves too for the 4pc - either that or just use the Magefists I have laying around in my stash, undecided yet.

Yeah, that site is blocked too, but it's equally useless anyway. Too bad d3up is dead in the water.

Fender plays a LTK spam fire monk, so I'm sure he'll chip in with some other suggestions.

Thanks Shifty. I have a full lightning monk setup as well, but have tried it for awhile.

What am I doing wrong with my monk? http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Leviathon-1520/hero/3877211

I can barely solo T4, because I get my ass handed to me by elites. I know my life is low, but any other suggestions? Maybe Transcendence?

I do have a nice zDPS monk at least :(

Thanks.

Drop either dashing strike or the mantra and swap for serenity. LTK spam fire build with stacked CDR requires serenity. The majority of the time either it or epiphany should be up.

I personally dropped dashing strike in higher torments because I needed the damage. Serenity keeps me alive so dashing strike was mostly used for mobility anyway.

Edit: drop momentum for STI as well. The whole move a distance to increase damage doesn't synergize with IS / LTK spam

Drop either dashing strike or the mantra and swap for serenity. LTK spam fire build with stacked CDR requires serenity. The majority of the time either it or epiphany should be up.

I personally dropped dashing strike in higher torments because I needed the damage. Serenity keeps me alive so dashing strike was mostly used for mobility anyway.

Good point, I am only really dashing out of elites ground effects anyways. Might as well stay and fight longer. Thanks.

Good point, I am only really dashing out of elites ground effects anyways. Might as well stay and fight longer. Thanks.

Drop momentum for STI as well. A I said in the edit, the whole move distance for damage doesn't work well with the stationary nature of IS and LTK.

STI is needed t4 up 100%

iirate

Nope.

Strongarm Bracers are sort of pointless for white trash, since it just adds more overkill. And while Strongarm is sort of pointless for some elites and champs (and all Rift Guardians), quite a few elites and champions are small enough to proc the "sucking in" effect of Piranhado.

A good Ess of Johan can be indispensable with Strongarm Bracers since it can pull in any mob, RGs included.

Boogdud

I have had the most horrible/bizarre "non-smart loot" day I've ever had. Today on my WD I received:

Monk Lidless wall shield
Bul-kathos 2h set piece sword
Crusader fire walkers
Dexterity blackthornes chest
2 Dexterity amulets
3 dex/strength rings

Quite literally 3/4 of the legs I've had today are for the wrong class.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom