• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

th3dude

I'm not sure I agree. If you aren't interested in seasons all you have are class changes and tiered rifts (unless they randomly announce a bunch of cool shit we don't know about). I honestly don't except tiered rifts alone to hold the interest of people very long. Especially if it is someone who played maybe a month of the expansion before getting tired.

I expect some people to play again when the patch comes out, sure, but not to the level others seem to expect (and certainly not last as long).

I think there will be a big surge with 2.1:

* Seasons - obvious for those interested in seasons
* Tiered rifts - Don't forget there will be leaderboards for these
* With seasons come new legendaries for those of us not playing seasons

There will also undoubtedly be a ton of changes. Perhaps we'll see QoL improvements and other things. I also don't doubt they have a few things up their sleeves.

CRA5H

Update is live. The notes showed but then vanished once the update was complete and I hit Play. The datamined details are legit.

Heres the skill info they added.

2ZP33Pi.png

They're not rolled into the dps #.

debc3bU.png

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Yup, Rainment + Jawbreaker should be fantastic for running bounties. Not sure about how it'll play out in T6 / Tiered Rifts.

If the Monkey King set works when using a series of smaller spirit spenders now then that could be really effective. Lots of damage and a slower Cyclone Strike effect (via taunt) that also works on Champions...

Raticus79

"Community Chat will now be joined by default"

Woohoo! Maybe we can finally get the community idea to work now.

Celegus

Yeah, I check for those 2 bounties every time I start a game and I've never seen them.

A little late now, but the easy way to do that was play story mode and the rock monster at the end that always appears can drop it. Waaaaaay faster than looking for the right bounty.

cdyhybrid

And now I just found a Witching Hour.

Have Chilanik's Chain on my Barb and Harrington's on my Crusader so I'll probably give it to another character.

First green drop is Blackthorne's. BLIZZAAAAARRRRRRRDDDDDDDDDD

CRA5H

Haven't played for a couple days and decided to try out the new changes.. must be my good luck but I had my first Unity, Inna's chest, and a couple other legs drop. That's more than I got in my last 4 rifts last time I played.

I'm a Unity noob but I'm assuming this is pretty worthless without a 2nd unity on my Immortal follower? I already have a RRoG and a trifecta ring equipped. I think I lose too much dps to have wearing a single Unity even worth it.

And thank goodness for removing the need to farm and that I can sell these mats for 50K! I just made 5 million gold in 10 seconds!

So it's true. I was hoping for a more thorough redesign of the sets. Monks get some nukes rather than entire play styles unlocking like other classes. At least it's a reason to play my Monk again I suppose. No way I was going to do that support shit

Raticus79

Monkey King set with Tempest Rush should be fun (assuming it works).

It'll be way easier to craft the cooldown reduction sets now too. Whew.

Shifty76

"We didn't think the Monk sets were meaty enough...

So we MULTIPLIED THEM BY 100X!!!!"

And the 6pc set bonus is still weaker than the barb's 4pc and also doesn't appear to scale with +elite or +element dmg like the barb's does.

Still...baby steps I guess.

garath

Haven't played for a couple days and decided to try out the new changes.. must be my good luck but I had my first Unity, Inna's chest, and a couple other legs drop. That's more than I got in my last 4 rifts last time I played.

I'm a Unity noob but I'm assuming this is pretty worthless without a 2nd unity on my Immortal follower? I already have a RRoG and a trifecta ring equipped. I think I lose too much dps to have wearing a single Unity even worth it.

And thank goodness for removing the need to farm and that I can sell these mats for 50K! I just made 5 million gold in 10 seconds!

I'm using a Unity simply because of the elite damage. I have crit chance and crit damage on mine so it's the best damage ring I have besides my Stone of Jordan.

CRA5H

I'm using a Unity simply because of the elite damage. I have crit chance and crit damage on mine so it's the best damage ring I have besides my Stone of Jordan.
Makes sense. I have 5% CC on mine so I gotta roll for CHD.. problem is that I've already wasted 30 Mill trying to roll CHD on my SoJ and best I could do is 27%... really not looking forward to rolling my Unity =(

They really need to lower the price of these damn gems. Or at least, change the gem requirement for rolling ammy/rings to a lower tier gem.

Dahbomb

My post was meant as a joke. I am not at all surprised that the way Blizzard "fixed" Monk's sets was to just increase the numbers by a fuck ton without actually redesigning them. Extremely lazy and boring.

I was about to ask if these changes made Monks viable in T6...guess I'll just stick with my other characters :lol

Lightning is still poop

If they wanted to keep the same motif it should have stayed as all teleports trigger the explosion. Changed FoT to always teleport at the start of the combo and maybe reduce it to 1000% damage (and have the god damn damage bonus in the actual set itself work). Then you'd be able to trigger lightning explosions with FoT, DS and SSS. It'd kind of be like fire epiphany without the full screen coverage but better damage. This is... I hope its just a stop gap.

scy

I still think that the set bonus should have just been tied to normal Monk mechanics of generating Spirit and spending Spirit. The flavor of the teleport-strike-explosion is cool but it's limited in application.

Still, unscaling 3000% is still a large amount of damage.

Celegus

Makes sense. I have 5% CC on mine so I gotta roll for CHD.. problem is that I've already wasted 30 Mill trying to roll CC on my SoJ and best I could do is 27%... really not looking forward to rolling my Unity =(

They really need to lower the price of these damn gems. Or at least, change the gem requirement for rolling ammy/rings to a lower tier gem.

Or just increase the drop rate of Imperial. I don't mind crafting the flawless imperial, but crafting 3 imperials just to craft the flawless is where it hurts.

Duress

Even if I click dash strike all the way of the bottom of the screen it doesn't go far enough for the Jawbreaker, to give me the dashing strike for free. You have to line it up correctly, too. Otherwise, you hit a wall, and lose a charge.

Shifty76

Even if I click dash strike all the way of the bottom of the screen it doesn't go far enough for the Jawbreaker, to give me the dashing strike for free. You have to line it up correctly, too. Otherwise, you hit a wall, and lose a charge.

Huh, so essentially worthless then. Guess I'll stick with my Odyn/TF and just enjoy the bonus dmg each time I dash into a pack

Ronabo

The removal of the rare crafting mats is weird IMO.

Not saying I liked it but it makes the rare enemy spawns mean nothing now. At least I was able to craft a pretty good Devastator upgrade after half a dozen attempts something I'd never been able to do.

cdyhybrid

The removal of the rare crafting mats is weird IMO.

Not saying I liked it but it makes the rare enemy spawns mean nothing now. At least I was able to craft a pretty good Devastator upgrade after half a dozen attempts something I'd never been able to do.

They mean 50K gold :p Or do they not drop the mats anymore?

But they said the reason they removed it was that it was pointing people towards gameplay that Blizzard wasn't intending (i.e., the mat farming community). With the change, the main way to get crafting mats is to do bounties and rifts, which is what Blizzard wants.

ZenaxPure

Looks like the leap speed change made it in despite not being in the patch notes... It just feels so much better when it doesn't take close to 4 seconds to get 3 leaps off.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
A small but good patch, it's a shame I've lost all interest in the game since I bought a Wii U. I'll be back at some point though!

MrDaravon

Hopped on, sold all of my mats. Was nice to clear out a good half tab. Then blew most of my mats on crafting lightning resist upgrade pieces for my OWE Monk, managed to craft pretty good upgrades on both of my Aughild pieces as well as both of my Ashearas pieces. Then also crafted a solid trifecta Asheara gloves and re-rolled the secondary to Lightning, so my OWE Monk has like...1600 AR now? Pretty ridiculous. Total bummer about the set bonuses, was not what I was hoping for at all there.

Edit: Oh, they're going to hotfix the Raiment set to have it scale with Lightning %, that's good news actually.

Insaniac

y1VTDfk.png

Question guys, is this SOJ good enough that I can reroll the element to make it flexible for whatever build I have? Or should I roll the crit damage higher or the intelligence (shame for bottom of the barrel intel roll, but I feel the extra 85 intelligence isn't gonna be as useful)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom