• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mumei

So... you have magical second-hand rng, yes? Might I have some?

Sometimes it is magical second-hand RNG; other times it's just that I'm lucky myself. I've given away almost every piece of both Jade & Pet builds multiple times, except TMF (only once) and some elemental amulets / SoJs.

Shifty76

Speaking of RNG, I went 7 T4/5 rifts in a row last night with zero leg drops. Didn't even get a FS half the time either :/

Rest of the group were getting 3-4 per run. Bastards.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Speaking of RNG, I went 7 T4/5 rifts in a row last night with zero leg drops. Didn't even get a FS half the time either :/

Weird. Maybe that "mercy drop" system wasn't adjusted to keep up with 4x drop rates.

Sigmaah

The buff is totally real, come on bruh,

Seriously tho, the buff is/isn't real imo.

Akai XIII

Monk, Barb and Crusader sets complete. Got the helltooth and nearly Zuni, 2/4 shadow and 3/4 Nats.

Working on marauder next.

Not bad for two weeks lol.

Hope they introduce some new sets, especially crusader (sigourns?) in the 2.1 patch.

Laconic

Banned
Royal Ring would be so much more tolerable to grind for, if it rolled CHD or CC every time. I've grinded days of hours, only to wind up with IAS on all 5 RRoG that I've found. It sucks. Because it basically means no SoJ, because SoJ rolls nonsense besides the two obviously great static stats, as well, and rings are where we get at least a third of our characters', collective CHD and CC.

Chocobro

Royal Ring would be so much more tolerable to grind for, if it rolled CHD or CC every time. I've grinded days of hours, only to wind up with IAS on all 5 RRoG that I've found. It sucks. Because it basically means no SoJ, because SoJ rolls nonsense besides the two obviously great static stats, as well, and rings are where we get at least a third of our characters', collective CHD and CC.
RORG always roll IAS, life on hit, and main stat leaving room for one random stat. I got one with 50 CHD after six rings.

EDIT: toastyToast too fast. Mobile posting is slow :(

Laconic

Banned
RORG always roll IAS, life on hit, and main stat leaving room for one random stat. I got one with 50 CHD after six rings.

EDIT: toastyToast too fast. Mobile posting is slow :(

I know that. I meant to write IAS only, sans CHD or CC. I was saying that the random stat ought not be random, but rather be set to either CC or CHD, considering the ordeal of getting one. I have 5 that rolled neither. And I am burned the ever-living fuck out on grinding for a good one.

jblank83

The loss of 4-6 crit isn't going to break your build. It's nice to have, absolutely, but you can live without it. Just roll CHD onto it and live your life.

Laconic

Banned
The loss of 4-6 crit isn't going to break your build. It's nice to have, absolutely, but you can live without it. Just roll CHD onto it and live your life.

But the loss of 8-12, WILL, lol. :/ You need, what - at least 40 CC to be worth anything, right? Where are you going to make up that large of a hit to your pool, when you need to be rocking a RRoG and an SoJ... neither of which rolls innate crit? 6 on a helm, 10 on an ammy, 6 on gloves, 6 on bracers, all optimal rolls. Give or take a specific set bonus or class passive or two, where?

Boogdud

Well, after a full week off on vacation, I come back and decide to fire up the game.

2 full T5 solo clears breaking/opening/shrining everything and not a single legendary. I've missed you too Diablo.

nope.jpg

Think I'll just go play something else until the patch.

So much for the "rested" legendary rate.

Laconic

Banned
Well, after a full week off on vacation, I come back and decide to fire up the game.

2 full T5 solo clears breaking/opening/shrining everything and not a single legendary. I've missed you too Diablo.

nope.jpg

Think I'll just go play something else until the patch.

So much for the "rested" legendary rate.

This happened to me as well, when I came back yesterday.

Lain

But the loss of 8-12, WILL, lol. :/ You need, what - at least 40 CC to be worth anything, right? Where are you going to make up that large of a hit to your pool, when you need to be rocking a RRoG and an SoJ... neither of which rolls innate crit? 6 on a helm, 10 on an ammy, 6 on gloves, 6 on bracers, all optimal rolls. Give or take a specific set bonus or class passive or two, where?

I think gloves should be 10 too.

jblank83

Crit on one, CHD on the other. Yes, 40 is doable though 50 is ideal.

10 - Gloves
10 - Offhand, assuming source/mojo/shield
10 - Amulet
6 / 6 - Rings
6 - Helmet
6 - Bracers
5 - Paragon, if you want to take points out of CHD and/or AS
? - Various class skills such as Pinpoint Barrier for Wizard
? - Various passives

If you're an offhand class it shouldn't be difficult. If you're a dual wield/2H class it's more difficult.

Laconic

Banned
Crit on one, CHD on the other. Yes, 40 is doable though 50 is ideal.

10 - Gloves
10 - Offhand, assuming source/mojo/shield
10 - Amulet
6 / 6 - Rings
6 - Helmet
6 - Bracers
5 - Paragon, if you want to take points out of CHD and/or AS
? - Various class skills such as Pinpoint Barrier for Wizard
? - Various passives

If you're an offhand class it shouldn't be difficult. If you're a dual wield/2H class it's more difficult.

I am a Barb, lol.

jblank83

I am a Barb, lol.

Well, it's a little more difficult, then ;)

You could go with CC on one, CHD on the other, if you think it'll work for your build and/or you have the paragon points to spare. Otherwise, yes, roll crit onto them.

Another thing to look out for, eventually, are legendary gems. We still don't know what stats they'll have. There's the possibility they might have crit on them. Who knows.

Laconic

Banned
Well, it's a little more difficult, then ;)

You could go with CC on one, CHD on the other, if you think it'll work for your build and/or you have the paragon points to spare. Otherwise, yes, roll crit onto them.

Another thing to look out for, eventually, are legendary gems. We still don't know what stats they'll have. There's the possibility they might have crit on them. Who knows.

I hope leg gems are godlike. But I'm not starting over in a ladder to find out. Maybe once we get runewords and synergies, and a rework to skills and paragon, it will be worth it. I could get a Hell viable character up and running in matter of two to three days, in D2. There's no way in hell that I'm regrinding paragon, though - ain't nobody got time for that. I can't even conceive of 15 hour a day, 7 days a week no-lifers doing that.

Shadow780

So I got 5 sets of Helltooth yesterday, and I was going through my mules and I found this legacy SoJ that I forgot I kept around:

TPtJry3.png

So now I can pretty much spam Wall of Zombies even if there's just one enemy which is great for elites/bosses, coupled with Thing of the Deep and Grave Injustice it's even better. Only downside so far is that WoZ doesn't seem to stack when they're doing damage.

I'll probably going with this set-up until I can complete the Jade set.

I got my akkhan set and i feel dumb

I have my current gear here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/DopeyFish-1362/hero/43867457

I have my fire stuff here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/DopeyFish-1362/hero/48856130

I'm thinking... should i go firestarter, take all my gear from my fire build, reroll the lidless wall strength for cooldown (instead of using akarats awakening) and get a helmet with a socket... then replace some gems with diamonds? (maybe try for helm of akkhan and use hexing pants?)

I am so lost on this build tbh i feel like i'll have high damage output but be realllllly easy to kill

You can't get CDR on a normal shield. Only on crusader shields.

here is my firelight build if you are interested. I have 100% uptime on Akarat's
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/escapingjail-1496/hero/43536707

CRA5H

So after at least 25K shards on gloves with my WD.. I finally got my taskers...
It ends up dropping while doing a T4 rift with my DH

I2M3Tkc.jpg

So now I'm conflicted because it rolled very well for my DH but I don't have a single marauder set piece. My buddies told me to not roll main stat to INT for my WD or else I'd ruin it and I totally agree. Is there any way to have a good pet build with my DH while waiting on my Marauder's set?

Just keep going for Marauder's man, I've nearly completed 2 full sets of Mara and yet to see T&T drop for my DH. Out of nearly 300 paragon lvls I've only had it drop ONCE, and that was for my wizard.

With the drop rate buff they introduced last patch for set items I've had pieces of Mara drop MUCH more frequently as of lately.

eek5

I2M3Tkc.jpg

So now I'm conflicted because it rolled very well for my DH but I don't have a single marauder set piece. My buddies told me to not roll main stat to INT for my WD or else I'd ruin it and I totally agree. Is there any way to have a good pet build with my DH while waiting on my Marauder's set?

Just roll vit to CD and use it for both chars. It'll end up being about the same as rerolling int but your DH will benefit more from it when you go marauders

CRA5H

Just roll vit to CD and use it for both chars. It'll end up being about the same as rerolling int but your DH will benefit more from it when you go marauders
Hmm yeah i thought about that too. I'm gonna try a few more thousands gambles for gloves on my WD then i'll make the final decision.

Decided to play my WD for a bit and just had Doombringer drop with crap rolls however. It rolled with LpH and % Life and no socket. What is more crucial for a pet build? Life per hit or Life?

eek5

Hmm yeah i thought about that too. I'm gonna try a few more thousands gambles for gloves on my WD then i'll make the final decision.

Decided to play my WD for a bit and just had Doombringer drop with crap rolls however. It rolled with LpH and % Life and no socket. What is more crucial for a pet build? Life per hit or Life?

Life%

Celegus

So they're live and completely revitalized the game?

Firebird set is more apt. I have the full set just waiting for it to stop sucking.

Running IK set and Earth + Lut Socks is pretty nuts, finally got the last piece I needed to make it work. My toughness sure did take a hit though, so there's still a few kinks to work out. But fun!

garath

I2M3Tkc.jpg

God damn those are some sexy DH T&Ts. I'd love a pair like that.

I actually have an int rolled T&T in the stash lol. Too bad we can't trade :p

jblank83

Sunday in the early evening and at one time there were less than 5 people in the clan online.

I'd really like to hear an estimate of when 2.1 is going to go live, even if it's 3-6 months away.

Shifty76

Well, just finished my Sunwuko set. I don't think it's worth using over my full lightning (non-Raiment) set though.

Someone just posted a Sunwoku set T5 video over on the monk subreddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo3Monks/comments/28asru/diablo_iii_2_0_6_patch_holy_sunwuko_monk/

Looks like fairly decent kill speed. He figures it's faster than his lightning monk with SoH.

I played around with jawbreaker/raiment over the weekend and hated it, but maybe I just need to give it a bit more practice. I would like to get the Raiment pants so I can ditch my RoRG (even though it is a nice trifecta + dex) for double unity & SoJ for the survivability boost.

Celegus

Sunday in the early evening and at one time there were less than 5 people in the clan online.

I'd really like to hear an estimate of when 2.1 is going to go live, even if it's 3-6 months away.

I've seen it even lower than that pretty often lately. I hope we hear something soon, though my guess is that they're all hands on deck for the console versions. Maybe we'll have better communication once those are released?

cdyhybrid

Someone just posted a Sunwoku set T5 video over on the monk subreddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo3Monks/comments/28asru/diablo_iii_2_0_6_patch_holy_sunwuko_monk/

Looks like fairly decent kill speed. He figures it's faster than his lightning monk with SoH.

I played around with jawbreaker/raiment over the weekend and hated it, but maybe I just need to give it a bit more practice. I would like to get the Raiment pants so I can ditch my RoRG (even though it is a nice trifecta + dex) for double unity & SoJ for the survivability boost.

I'll check this out, since I'm using a SoH lightning build :p

He didn't post his profile though -_-

cdyhybrid

Profile link now there.

Might try it myself actually...

Wish he'd post his gear too. I can see what he's wearing in the video but I want to see the stats.

I only have two pieces of Inna's (and one is the 2Her -_-) so I won't be able to fully match him.

Edit: He posted it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom