• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ettie

Loot lovers, I'm contemplating picking this up for PS3 instead of waiting for the 8/19 xpack bundle. Would I be missing anything besides the new act and class? Did the original version get the loot 2.0 patch and all the other non-content additions that will come with the RoS release on PS3?

Sarcasm

Loot lovers, I'm contemplating picking this up for PS3 instead of waiting for the 8/19 xpack bundle. Would I be missing anything besides the new act and class? Did the original version get the loot 2.0 patch and all the other non-content additions that will come with the RoS release on PS3?

Better off waiting for the PS3 RoS release since it also inludes Diablo 3 and is only 40 bucks.

I've seen it even lower than that pretty often lately. I hope we hear something soon, though my guess is that they're all hands on deck for the console versions. Maybe we'll have better communication once those are released?

Yeah the game does seem pretty dead at the moment. I uninstalled because I've hit a wall that I don't care to pass at the moment (on 3 characters I want between 1 and 3 specific items). Plus there isn't the same amount of activity to keep it exciting.

I've had my fill. Gonna wait for tiered rifts and apparently a lot of items are getting effects in 2.1 plus the injection of seasonal items, should make things a bit more interesting. The lack of anything to do or anything to look for outside of a couple of items is exhausting. There isn't the sensation of just stumbling across something that didn't cross your mind that's awesome once you get to a certain gear tier. Nothing to loot in a loot game is a damn shame.

eek5

Yeah the game does seem pretty dead at the moment. I uninstalled because I've hit a wall that I don't care to pass at the moment (on 3 characters I want between 1 and 3 specific items). Plus there isn't the same amount of activity to keep it exciting.

I've had my fill. Gonna wait for tiered rifts and apparently a lot of items are getting effects in 2.1 plus the injection of seasonal items, should make things a bit more interesting. The lack of anything to do or anything to look for outside of a couple of items is exhausting. There isn't the sensation of just stumbling across something that didn't cross your mind that's awesome once you get to a certain gear tier. Nothing to loot in a loot game is a damn shame.

Toasty pls.. who will I play with now?? :(

eek5

How do you join rift it forward? It seems like it would be much faster shard farming than doing rifts solo, over and over.

Yeah but playing the game is way more fun.

Take a step back and think about what you're doing when you have your cursor hovered over chat trying to request invites for 3 hours straight to pull the lever on some shitty slot machine over and over.

cdyhybrid

Do on-hit weapon procs only roll on attacks using that weapon?

For example, could an offhand Thunderfury proc on an attack that is mainhand only?

Yeah but playing the game is way more fun.

Take a step back and think about what you're doing when you have your cursor hovered over chat trying to request invites for 3 hours straight to pull the lever on some shitty slot machine over and over.

Yeah ... Running is where it's at.

I've got my HC WD up to about 7.5 million toughness. I'm thinking T2 is totally doable, but my damage is kinda meh.

hooray, a small news update from blizz.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/13141214441?page=1#1

With Patch 2.1 around the corner, many classes are receiving some substantial revisions to core functionalities. These changes have equally substantial philosophy behind them, so we want to prepare you in advance for the kinds of adjustments you should expect.

Preparation (Punishment) was creating less than ideal gameplay by encouraging the conversion of Discipline to direct DPS. The byproduct of this was Demon Hunters frequently finding themselves without their defensive or utility skills, often resulting in more frequent character death. To address this, we are reworking this rune to no longer cost Discipline, but have a 20 second cooldown.

While this change may initially seem severe, it has several major benefits we hope players will take the opportunity to explore and experiment with:

All Discipline is now reserved for defensive and utility skills, encouraging Demon Hunters to take greater advantage of these skills.
Nightstalker will feel less mandatory in conjunction with Punishment, freeing up a Passive slot in many builds.
If you choose to keep Preparation (Punishment) in your build, the cooldown corresponds with roughly how long it would take to regenerate the appropriate amount of Discipline (unless you had a large amount of Resource Cost Reduction).
Cooldown Reduction is now a more attractive stat, and this may open up new CDR-focused builds.

We know this changes builds and the gameplay pattern for some Demon Hunters. We’re also working hard to adjust other skills as well as introduce Legendary items both in this patch and constantly in the future in order to continue opening up new and exciting ways to play.

This change will soon be available on the PTR, and we hope that you will take the opportunity to try it out and let us know how it feels. We're eager to hear your feedback on this and other changes coming in Patch 2.1.

That sounds awful. I was waiting for, "Don't worry, we're significantly improving the hatred gained by generators/innate regen." Should have started off with something nice at least to disarm people. wtf blizz lol

CRA5H

Well.. there goes my build. I depended on Punishment to give me instant hatred now I have to wait 20 seconds to restore 75 hatred? My build relied on not relying on a spirit generator and now I have to. Oh well, life of a Blizzard client.

Krassus

That doesnt feel really important as a Sentry DH, nothing I ever used anyway. I did remember with Cinder + CA pre sentries, even with punishment I would only be able to add a couple of extra shots which didnt seem amazing.

That doesnt feel really important as a Sentry DH, nothing I ever used anyway. I did remember with Cinder + CA pre sentries, even with punishment I would only be able to add a couple of extra shots which didnt seem amazing.

With the right gear and cycling you can shoot 30+ Cluster Arrows. I saw a video of a dude doing it non-stop for a couple minutes, can't seem to remember what was called though.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Does no one play new heroes on this game anymore? I re-installed Diablo 3 for the first time since beating it when it first came out with a level 35 Demon Hunter. So it's been 2 years. I've been playing a new wizard the last couple of nights.

Every time I play the server ends up creating a game for me and no one ever joins and I see maybe 1 message every few hours in the general chat. Is the population of people playing that low, or am I being locked out of playing with other people because I haven't bought Reaper of Souls?

Not stoked with that change. I didn't use it as often with sentries, but it's pretty crucial at times. Who knows though...

I'm thinking that's kind of a warning shot IMO. Sounds like they're going to blow up a lot of current builds.

garath

Blizzard said:
The next change will be to Healing. Currently, Healing provided by gear isn't very valuable because you receive the vast amount of your healing from Health Globes. During internal testing, we discovered that as you reached higher Greater Rift levels, you really wanted more of your healing to come from your gear in order to survive. To facilitate this, we are reducing the amount of healing Health Globes provide, but buffing Life on Hit and Life Regeneration on gear to compensate. This change should make a more consistent experience when you turn up the difficulty (or reach a higher tier in a Greater Rift) in situations where you’re not killing as quickly and actually require the increased Healing.

-_-

th3dude

In addition, we're slightly modifying the entry mechanism for all Rifts. All players will need to have a Rift Fragment in order to enter a Nephalem Rift; however, we’ve reduced the cost for entering a Nephalem Rift down to one Rift Fragment per character to compensate.

Rift it Forward dead confirmed.

Designed to be informative and detailed, Leaderboards will allow you to compare your progress to that of your gameplay region, friends, and clan members, and each type of board will track progress a little differently.

Friends and clan leaderboards will be awesome.

It says rifts are gonna be reduced to one fragment to open but everyone entering has to pay up. Pretty good change

These are also interesting

Dexterity & Survivability:
A major change is coming to Dexterity to benefit Demon Hunters and Monks. Each point of Dexterity will grant 1 point of Armor instead of Dodge chance. Dodge isn’t as reliable as Armor or Resistances and doesn’t protect you from some of the most dangerous monster affixes like Plagued or Thunderstorm. In light of this buff, the existing passives that grant 30% of your Dexterity as Armor (Seize the Initiative and Awareness) will be completely redesigned.

Healing:
The next change will be to Healing. Currently, Healing provided by gear isn't very valuable because you receive the vast amount of your healing from Health Globes. During internal testing, we discovered that as you reached higher Greater Rift levels, you really wanted more of your healing to come from your gear in order to survive. To facilitate this, we are reducing the amount of healing Health Globes provide, but buffing Life on Hit and Life Regeneration on gear to compensate. This change should make a more consistent experience when you turn up the difficulty (or reach a higher tier in a Greater Rift) in situations where you’re not killing as quickly and actually require the increased Healing.

I hope LOH becomes a secondary then. There's pretty much no wiggle room anywhere at the moment

garath

It says rifts are gonna be reduced to one fragment to open but everyone entering has to pay up. Pretty good change

These are also interesting

I hope LOH becomes a secondary then. There's pretty much no wiggle room anywhere at the moment

After all this time de-prioritizing LoH and health regen (for good reason.. 1k life per hit when you have 300k hp? pretty useless) on all our end game gear, now they're reworking it - not just buffing LoH but NERFING life globes.

Why couldn't they leave life globes alone and then at least the current gear would still be effective for most content? I guess too much healing. Still. Big kick in the pants. Going to have to re-evaluate and replace a lot of our existing gear to survive, probably at a detriment to our other stats if it isn't made a secondary like you're suggesting (which I think is a great idea).

A major change is coming to Dexterity to benefit Demon Hunters and Monks. Each point of Dexterity will grant 1 point of Armor instead of Dodge chance. Dodge isn’t as reliable as Armor or Resistances and doesn’t protect you from some of the most dangerous monster affixes like Plagued or Thunderstorm. In light of this buff, the existing passives that grant 30% of your Dexterity as Armor (Seize the Initiative and Awareness) will be completely redesigned.

This is huge and frees up a passive.

The LoH crap could be good or just more meh. It might require more re-gearing and the loss of a damage slot on a piece, but on the flip side it could be not useless ... Finally

Mumei

Fortunately I don't really rely on health globes for most of my healing; I get most of it from the Siphon rune on Soul Harvest, then my potion.

jblank83

Agreed. What primary slot am I going to give up for LoH? CC? CHD? Primary stat? Elemental bonus?

If it's sufficiently buffed yet still primary, I might give up one or maybe two slots for it. I can't see going over that.

In addition, we're slightly modifying the entry mechanism for all Rifts. All players will need to have a Rift Fragment in order to enter a Nephalem Rift; however, we’ve reduced the cost for entering a Nephalem Rift down to one Rift Fragment per character to compensate.

I'm glad I farmed up a ton of keys during the double key buff.

Going to have to re-evaluate and replace a lot of our existing gear to survive

They've done this before. It's standard procedure. Now you have incentive to grind out gear again, and to get addicted again.

Artanisix

After all this time de-prioritizing LoH and health regen (for good reason.. 1k life per hit when you have 300k hp? pretty useless) on all our end game gear, now they're reworking it - not just buffing LoH but NERFING life globes.

Why couldn't they leave life globes alone and then at least the current gear would still be effective for most content? I guess too much healing. Still. Big kick in the pants. Going to have to re-evaluate and replace a lot of our existing gear to survive, probably at a detriment to our other stats if it isn't made a secondary like you're suggesting (which I think is a great idea).

I really don't think it's a big deal. It's a good change. Plus if you're playing ladder then you don't have to worry about "regearing".

jblank83

So far I like the greater rifts and legendary gem upgrades through them. Leaderboards or Conquest (seasonal achievements) I just don't care about.

Yeah, the leaderboards and "Conquest" junk is poopsock bait, 24 hour pass-off account all day all play never not playing stuff, especially as Conquests are limited to only the first 1000 players to achieve them. Anyone with even half a life should not care about the leaderboards.

Would like to hear more about legendary gems. What kinds of stats. What kind of unique skills/abilities.

garath

Things that interest me:

- Greater rifts
- Legendary gems
- Dex to armor change
- Friend/clan leaderboards (general public leaderboards who cares imo..)
- New items once seasons are done

Things that annoy me:

- DH prep/punishment change
- life on hit change (unless it becomes a secondary)
- New items are tied to seasons

Things I don't care about:

- Seasons
- General public ladders/leaderboards
- Conquests

All in all, sounds like a good content patch. Might have some more hooks to keep playing. I really wish they'd introduce new items outside of seasons though.

scy

Hm. I wonder if the Healing Globe change will also impact their values on gear. If so, I hope this comes with some thoughts about certain passives. Transcendance, Wrathful, and Bloodthirst may need to be increased to compensate, for instance.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/13182188100#1

With Patch 2.1 around the corner, many classes are receiving some substantial revisions to core functionalities. These changes have equally substantial philosophy behind them, so we want to prepare you in advance for the kinds of adjustments you should expect.

Adjustments to One With Everything has been a long-standing community request, but we wanted to make sure we could address this in a way that solves all of its components without reducing the Monk's survivability. There are two major issues with One With Everything:

It's too good, to the point it feels mandatory for all Monks to use.
It forces Monks to gear a specific way, which is difficult and frustrating.

We are addressing this issue in two ways. First, both Monks and Demon Hunters will no longer receive Dodge from Dexterity. Instead, they will receive Armor, similar to Barbarians and Crusaders. For more information on this change, please refer to our Patch 2.1.0 PTR Preview blog.

Second, One With Everything is being replaced with a new passive called Harmony. Harmony allows 30% of your single elemental resistances from items to apply to all elements.

With these two changes, we can move away from a place where Monks are forced to rely on their secondary affixes for Toughness. It’s possible you may see your Toughness as a lower number after this change is in effect, depending on how you've previously geared. However, the exchange of Dodge to more reliable survivability stats like Armor and more accessible All Resist should provide you roughly the same amount of survivability, and overall you shouldn't notice a big difference.

These changes will soon be available on the PTR, and we hope that you will take the opportunity to try them out and let us know how they feel. We're eager to hear your feedback on this and other changes coming in Patch 2.1.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Wow, it's like I didn't even post...

Sorry to interrupt your members only club, I just thought someone in here would be able to point out if I was doing something wrong. I'll leave you to it.

cdyhybrid

I'm curious how greater rifts will work in HC. Just simply avoid?

Unless you're a bad enough dude.

Works for me.

Wow, it's like I didn't even post...

Sorry to interrupt your members only club, I just thought someone in here would be able to point out if I was doing something wrong. I'll leave you to it.

Sorry, didn't see your post.

It's probably because you don't have RoS. The expansion is really good, so most people picked it up.

Jubs

A welcome change to OWE imo. Now I won't have to gear up in a super-specific manner anymore, opening up what I can finally use.

scy

To put that in perspective, five items with 150-160 of a different resist would yield 330-352 AR off the secondary slot vs 450-500 AR off the primary slot. And, well, pre-patch would have been 750 - 800 AR. On the bright side, baseline gaining 5000-6000 Armor over current STI use.

Does no one play new heroes on this game anymore? I re-installed Diablo 3 for the first time since beating it when it first came out with a level 35 Demon Hunter. So it's been 2 years. I've been playing a new wizard the last couple of nights.

Every time I play the server ends up creating a game for me and no one ever joins and I see maybe 1 message every few hours in the general chat. Is the population of people playing that low, or am I being locked out of playing with other people because I haven't bought Reaper of Souls?

To be fair, 2.1.0 has been in the works forever so it's a more interesting subject.

Besides that, there's practically nobody in the low levels so that's part of it. Is your game locked to invite only? Could be why nobody randomly joins. Or, again, very few people actually do anything at the low levels since it's easier to just get powerleveled through or to do it via Adventure Mode (which you don't have access to, I believe).

A welcome change to OWE imo. Now I won't have to gear up in a super-specific manner anymore, opening up what I can finally use.

Technically speaking, it just means you're back to gearing All Resist :x Unless gearing Armor / Life Regen / Life on Hit + different secondary resists + Harmony ends up being better, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom