• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xanathus

It really doesn't matter how these changes affect your existing characters unless you're not planning on playing in the seasons.

garath

It really doesn't matter how these changes affect your existing characters unless you're not planning on playing in the seasons.

To be honest, I'm not sure why I'd play in the seasons. There's not a lot of incentive for me at least. With games like D2 and PoE there were new builds to try and leveling was pretty fun. D3's leveling is a chore - I've had a lot more fun with the game once I hit 60/70, and there are no locked in builds. And I have no horse in the ladder race. I have a wife, a job and kids. I'm not going to be competitive on any sort of ladder.

So it really does matter how it would affect my current characters, since those are the ones I'd be playing anyways :)

Vio-Lence

Banned
Anyone play HC on NA? Leveled a new crusader to 70 a week or two ago and looking for players. HC really makes the game more fun. Wish I tried it during vanilla. Not sure why it tookbme 2 or 3 months to play reaper.

Celegus

I'll take a look through the new season legendaries to see if there's anything super neat looking that I'd want to try out, but most likely I won't be joining in either. I already have all classes to 70, and there's not much of a point in having two of the same class at 70. But we'll see, my sister was thinking about getting RoS soon and that would be a great time to start.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
To be honest, I'm not sure why I'd play in the seasons. There's not a lot of incentive for me at least. With games like D2 and PoE there were new builds to try and leveling was pretty fun. D3's leveling is a chore - I've had a lot more fun with the game once I hit 60/70, and there are no locked in builds. And I have no horse in the ladder race. I have a wife, a job and kids. I'm not going to be competitive on any sort of ladder.

So it really does matter how it would affect my current characters, since those are the ones I'd be playing anyways :)

Yup, lots of people in that situation. That's what the season-first legendaries are there for.

Krassus

Wizards in T6 alone are horrible, you can mask their underperformance in groups and rationalize it however you want but the fact is they fall way behind every class imo including zDps monks.

Shifty76

So I spent a little more time on that jawbreaker / Raiment set as I figure I didn't give it enough of a chance. It is growing on me. Still not my preferred way to play by any means, but it is nice being able to dish out more dps. Feels kinda weird being able to deal more than 15m per hit (raiment procs hit anywhere from 60m - 150m depending what buffs I have active)

When I pop blind & Forbidden Palace on elites most packs die in just 2-3 dashes (T5), which is pretty nice. Plus, the mobility from dash means I'm never sticking around long enough to get hit, so I could probably get away with less defence.

Still looking for the pants from Raiment so I can switch out that RoRG for Unity and add in EotS in place of the Raiment helm.

My monk if anyone is interested.

cdyhybrid

So I spent a little more time on that jawbreaker / Raiment set as I figure I didn't give it enough of a chance. It is growing on me. Still not my preferred way to play by any means, but it is nice being able to dish out more dps. Feels kinda weird being able to deal more than 15m per hit (raiment procs hit anywhere from 60m - 150m depending what buffs I have active)

When I pop blind & Forbidden Palace on elites most packs die in just 2-3 dashes (T5), which is pretty nice. Plus, the mobility from dash means I'm never sticking around long enough to get hit, so I could probably get away with less defence.

Still looking for the pants from Raiment so I can switch out that RoRG for Unity and add in EotS in place of the Raiment helm.

My monk if anyone is interested.

Have you tried Hexing Pants with it? (if you have them)

Shifty76

Have you tried Hexing Pants with it? (if you have them)

I would LOVE a pair of Hexing Pants. Unfortunately, I don't have them, and the wiz I was playing with the other night didn't want to hand over the ones that dropped for him during a rift.

Still...since I'm hitting up Kadala for pants anyway, there is the off-chance that I might get a pair while looking for the Raiment ones :)

I did get a Furnace the other day though. Man that thing just melts RG's.

Hey I know we have a ton of great Crusaders in the guild, and I was hoping you guys could take a look at my profile and point me in a direction so I'm not just aimlessly playing her:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Graffgor-1309/hero/43571975

I can do T6 with nearly no deaths in this gear, unless shit really hits the fan, but I feel there's a ton of a room for improvement.

Edit: If you want to do the same for my other characters I would be super grateful as well!

Laconic

Banned

You are not alone.

jblank83

You need Aughild's (shoulder + bracers), a Ring of Royal Grandeur, a real weapon, and Ice Climbers wouldn't hurt. You could also put together a Vyr set with Born's and Captain Crimson. That's not a very good SoJ, either, though you're at the mercy of RNG there. You also need an amulet with +fire element. As for a weapon, you can craft up a Devastator with +20% fire on it. It'll look like less DPS but it'll do more damage.

You could find a better Magefist. On the subject of better versions of old items, it wouldn't hurt to get an Andariel's with a socket, or at least critical chance on it. And on the subject of old equipment, I know that's a nice Witching Hour but you might want to consider a Blackthorne's Belt for the immunity bonus, if you farm up a RoRG.

Also, Unwavering Will is, imo, overrated due to the abundance of monsters and monster effects that will constantly force you to move. Try Elemental Exposure, Dominance, or Arcane Dynamo.

So I can craft the Augh's, no prob there.

I have a RoRG, rolls are better for Unity though.

A Real Weapon - LOL, I used a Chantodo's for a while, but this is basically the best 1h thing I've found. I'll craft a Devastator and see how that works out.

I have Blackthorne's too, I might try giving that a shot again. Tried EE, didn't really like it, but I'm not attached to UW. I enjoyed Dominance.

Thanks, I'll go experiment. I actually just found a Starfire, but the rolls are meh.

jblank83

The purpose of the RoRG, despite worse rolls, is to enable the set bonuses. With it, Aughild's, and Blackthorne's, you will reach +25/-25 damage to and from Elites, as well as several other bonuses.

That is far better than the Unity, which does not even have a CHD bonus on it, assuming you aren't just using Unity to cheese solo with a follower.

As for Elemental Exposure, it will perform just as well if not better than Unwavering Will. UW will give +10% damage only after standing still for 1.5 seconds. EE can easily reach +15% damage immediately and constantly. That bonus is applied to everyone in the group, as well, making it very valuable. Arcane Dynamo is not bad either, if you're constantly throwing out meteors or explosive blasts. Dominance is not bad for trash or dense maps, but weak against single targets such as Rift Guardians.

Yes, make a Devastator with 20% fire bonus (or as close as you can get, obviously) and something like 1180 minimum and 1450 maximum damage on the elemental damage range. When you do, notice that the white damage range numbers are actually higher than Sever. These numbers are what your skills use as a base. That means they will do more damage with the Sever, without even counting the element damage bonus. It will be significant and noticeable.

Sure, I understand about the RoRG, I just put it on and am trying it again.

Just made a Devastator, a few actually...I'll give EE a shot again now.

Mine01

Hi guys, another question, hope anyone can answer me

As i said i've playing with other 3 friends diablo 3 (a monk(me), a witch doctor, a wizard and a barbarian) we die sometimes because we pretty much play just for fun, nothing hardcore.

That being said, i've grown tired of my monk, and i'd like to try Demon hunter, most of us are at level 18, i have a level 7 demon hunter, is there a way i can level up fast playing with them? and do you guys can tell me the main differences between a dh and a monk?

Thanks guys!

The Cowboy

So this is what i have so far in my Archon build - I'm trying to determine would it be worth it to sacrifice the extra Crit damage on my gloves and rings (130% total - i have 410% in game) for an extra 24% CDR (8% on each ring and the gloves) for this build (I'm really not sure).

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/TheCowboy-2318/hero/47866

Right now i have 60% CDR, so Archon is 20 seconds on and 20 seconds off, if i changed the Crit damage to CDR I'd have 70% CRD making Archon 20 seconds on and 10 seconds off but not hitting quite as hard

ZenaxPure

I got way too lucky yesterday and got the 3 remaining pieces of the raiment set I needed for my monk (4 pieces actually as I got 2 pairs of the gloves) and decided to give it a go. Don't think it's as fun as the shatter build but I'm finding it a lot more reliable since I don't get screwed over by low density rifts and the build seems to benefit just as much from high density (makes it WAY easier to spam dashing strike).

Think my only real complaint is with the jawbreaker. I wish the range on it was like 20-25 yards instead of 30-35. It's really annoying to use unless I'm dashing left and right. It's especially annoying for me cause mine rolled 34 yards. Better yet I wish they would have replaced the middle set bonus for something that made your other attacks have a chance to generate a charge of dashing strike (with a high success rate). Relying on the jawbreaker for charges feels more like a crap shoot sometimes than a mechanic I have 100% control over.

Celegus

Hey I know we have a ton of great Crusaders in the guild, and I was hoping you guys could take a look at my profile and point me in a direction so I'm not just aimlessly playing her:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Graffgor-1309/hero/43571975

I can do T6 with nearly no deaths in this gear, unless shit really hits the fan, but I feel there's a ton of a room for improvement.

Edit: If you want to do the same for my other characters I would be super grateful as well!

For starters, craft a new belt and maybe gamble for shields since those both have a useless property (life regen). Is Righteousness really necessary with Reaper's Wraps and the AC rune? I use FotH but rarely ever have wrath problems, so I'm not sure how that is compared to the shotgun build. If you have money to spare, I'd try to bump up the CD on your amulet too. Maybe go for some more CDR somewhere too, since it looks like you'd have a pretty sizable amount of downtime on AC.

Shifty76

Hi guys, another question, hope anyone can answer me

As i said i've playing with other 3 friends diablo 3 (a monk(me), a witch doctor, a wizard and a barbarian) we die sometimes because we pretty much play just for fun, nothing hardcore.

That being said, i've grown tired of my monk, and i'd like to try Demon hunter, most of us are at level 18, i have a level 7 demon hunter, is there a way i can level up fast playing with them? and do you guys can tell me the main differences between a dh and a monk?

Thanks guys!

You'll catch back up to them in no time.

DH deals way more damage but is extremely squishy

Laconic

Banned
Do you have the transmog? I thought I may have too, but they were probably all just Fulminators.

This was before the build was known about.Just before. I vaguely remember looking at a weapon, seeing a great damage roll, then seeing a unique affix, noting the affix was for normal mobs, going meh, and scrapping it. Maybe I imagined it. But if not, oh well. It probably rolled Strength anyway, seeing as I roll Barb.

Boogdud

Is Righteousness really necessary with Reaper's Wraps and the AC rune? I use FotH but rarely ever have wrath problems, so I'm not sure how that is compared to the shotgun build. If you have money to spare, I'd try to bump up the CD on your amulet too. Maybe go for some more CDR somewhere too, since it looks like you'd have a pretty sizable amount of downtime on AC.

Shotgun is pretty thirsty compared to foth, even with wraps and righteousness in champ mode. His cdr is really low for a shotgun build so it's going to need every bit of wrath he can get (27.5% without paragon).

I'd say you need to build up your cdr if you're trying for a shotgun build with a fotf. You need to be getting cdr on rings, amulet as well as shield (hellskull if possible) and gloves if you can get another pair (I might save the akks you have since you got good damage rolls on them for when they ultimate change the class in 2.1 ;) ).

Without CDR it's a lot tougher to do a shotgun build since when you're out of champion mode you can't really do any damage. What is your current downtime on champ? But if you can do T6 maybe it doesn't matter all that much. Right now my downtime is only a couple seconds, but during that time I usually just ride the pony around while I wait that 2 seconds, just to do something.

Celegus

I finally joined the perma-AC club last night, some seriously amazing Akkhan gauntlets dropped for me. 10% crit, 700+ str, 8% CDR and rolled 40% CD. It's quite nice not having to run around like an idiot every now and again.

jblank83

So this is what i have so far in my Archon build - I'm trying to determine would it be worth it to sacrifice the extra Crit damage on my gloves and rings (130% total - i have 410% in game) for an extra 24% CDR (8% on each ring and the gloves) for this build (I'm really not sure).

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/TheCowboy-2318/hero/47866

Right now i have 60% CDR, so Archon is 20 seconds on and 20 seconds off, if i changed the Crit damage to CDR I'd have 70% CRD making Archon 20 seconds on and 10 seconds off but not hitting quite as hard

That's a tradeoff every Wizard has to make, unless they avoid the entire issue by stacking fire. Checking your profile, I see you've gone ahead and rolled cooldown onto your gloves. You'll probably want to keep gambling for Vyr gloves that have CC/Cooldown or CHD/Cooldown, so you can throw CC or CHD onto them and have all three.

As for Archon downtime, 20 seconds is a long time. I'd suggest going for more cooldown without bankrupting your damage. I'd aim for at least 66% to 68%. Unfortunately, you're almost maxed out on cooldown without sacrificing rings/amulets, as you've already determined. The amulet is out. You can't give up 87% CHD. If you feel you can spare it, I'd roll cooldown on one of the rings, probably replacing the 40% CHD (which is a good but not amazing roll as is).

Theoretically, if you have every single slot with max cooldown rolls, as well as Captain Crimson and Born's, you're looking at 72% cooldown reduction. That means you'll still have 8 seconds of downtime on Archon. Getting 72% is very difficult, though. Even 70% is difficult. So you can reach for 66-68% and settle there, knowing you can't do much more than that.

In the meantime, just keep looking for rings/amulets that have cooldown on them.

It's my hope that in the future Blizzard provides better balancing for Vyr Archon builds. Right now there isn't much choice. Either you have a weak Archon with low downtime (but honestly even 10 seconds is a lot of downtime) or a strong Archon with high downtime (approx 30s).

Personally, after getting my Vyr Archon up to 66% cooldown, I decided it was too weak to be effective. So I reverted back to fire stacking, which, in my opinion, is as effective as a wizard can get right now.

Shifty76

My current list of "DAMMIT!" salvages:

Rimeheart (did find another one though)
2-3 x Frostburns (cold monks? Lol -> salvage) Prior to the Rimeheart discovery obviously
Furnace
2 x TMF
2 x jawbreaker (still have 2, so not a big deal)
numerous BK rings
numerous Deadmau5 amulets
Odyn Son with natural 10% CDR because it had no bonus +lightning dmg (found on WD)

Krassus

A while ago I think with barbs people found builds that used BK rings to super heal them somehow I think.

The amulet is boggling though?

For starters, craft a new belt and maybe gamble for shields since those both have a useless property (life regen). Is Righteousness really necessary with Reaper's Wraps and the AC rune? I use FotH but rarely ever have wrath problems, so I'm not sure how that is compared to the shotgun build. If you have money to spare, I'd try to bump up the CD on your amulet too. Maybe go for some more CDR somewhere too, since it looks like you'd have a pretty sizable amount of downtime on AC.

Thanks man... I can change the crit hit damage on the gloves to CDR but that's a big DPS loss.

I'll definitely recraft the belt though.

Any other ideas?

Edit: Good call on righteousness! I rarely have to use my primary at this point.

Shifty76

BK's are FANTASTIC follower rings which deal hundreds of millions of dps to high hp enemies. That dmg gets buffed by +elite dmg which is why I like to pair it with Halcyon.

Halcyon (preferably non-monk) with cdr, +phys and +elite dmg is BiS for zdps monks too

Dahbomb

I have salvaged a Rimeheart thinking it was a Fulminator.

I am pretty sure I have salvaged a BUNCH of green crafted items or other Monk items because they had All Resistance on it but I wanted a secondary resistance on there for OWE.

iirate

BK's are FANTASTIC follower rings which deal hundreds of millions of dps to high hp enemies. That dmg gets buffed by +elite dmg which is why I like to pair it with Halcyon.

Halcyon (preferably non-monk) with cdr, +phys and +elite dmg is BiS for zdps monks too

I have a really nice Halcyon with all of those things and secondary resist - does it being monk completely ruin it? I know the Epiphany jumping secondary will mess up your CS really badly, so I'm just wondering if it being a monk drop makes it unsalvagable.

Celegus

I have a really nice Halcyon with all of those things and secondary resist - does it being monk completely ruin it? I know the Epiphany jumping secondary will mess up your CS really badly, so I'm just wondering if it being a monk drop makes it unsalvagable.

No, it's still salvageable.
Into a soul.

Shifty76

I'd still use it. Just try to cast Epiphany when things are either already clumped, or if there's not many enemies on screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom