• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zanosuke

Maan, I finally get my first furnace (with really good damage rolls too) but it was on my wiz so it rolled int :( I really hope Blizz improve their smartloot in the future so the mainstat of the item is fixed to the character it is meant for.

robochimp

Maan, I finally get my first furnace (with really good damage rolls too) but it was on my wiz so it rolled int :( I really hope Blizz improve their smartloot in the future so the mainstat of the item is fixed to the character it is meant for.

It dropped for your wizard with int, which is exactly what it should have done.

ZenaxPure

It dropped for your wizard with int, which is exactly what it should have done.

Not to mention furnace stats are mostly irrelevant. Sure some can be a positive but in most cases you only have your furnace equipped for like 30 seconds per rift, or less if you are in a group game (especially one with multiple furnaces).

Akai XIII

Hah Kadala really didn't want to give me the Marauder chest. I spent 36k shards trying to get it...

Someone gave it to me in a DH loot share.

Finished the Jade/quetz combo last night... Wow, feels so OP.

lilltias

So before finding a tasker so that I could wrapp up my pet build, I ended up finding pretty much everything you need for a jade harvester with quetz, except for a serpent. I'm playing around with it now, and while I do a TON of damage, I feel sooooo squichy. Can't even do T5. Feels like the ukrhatian serpent mojo is necessary for this build? I am even doing vitality on the helmet instead of socket (with diamond for CDR), and also rocking AR on shoulders instead of CDR. I just lost so much toughness with all the jade pieces. I do blackthorns for belt and amulette - doesn't help.

Disappoint.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Man I just went back to my Demon Hunter after playing a Wizard to 40 and I suck really badly. Lag and bad positioning (enemies not setting off traps) really fuck you up, I got spoiled with Wizard gameplay-wise. Still looking for more people who play low level heroes to level with, haven't seen anyone else in game for a while. Might need to get Reaper of Souls to play adventure mode since that is what people seem to do now.

forrest

formerly nacire
Just came by to post I am in the middle of a move from Tn to Fl and that's why I've been MIA so if there is a cleanup of the NA clan roster please dont boot me! Thanks!

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Just came by to post I am in the middle of a move from Tn to Fl and that's why I've been MIA so if there is a cleanup of the NA clan roster please dont boot me! Thanks!

No worries, I just booted a couple of people who were still under Paragon 50 a few weeks ago and that was it. If I was trying to enforce any sort of ongoing productivity I'd have to boot myself and we'd be down to about 50 members.

I'm still hoping they'll increase the roster size in 2.1, but I think they're dealing with a serious bottleneck with battle.net chat capacity. I bet even clan chat would split into two channels if we managed to get more than 100 people online at once.

Fularu

Banned
I log on play some HC, and am completely unmotivated to touch my SC characters ...

This patch needs to happen before destiny lands and I go MIA

My Barb is now 70 and Paragon 22!

Just hit me up if you see me online :D I know I'll never get a TF/SoH so I stopped playing SC for now (till seasons actually)

My Barb is now 70 and Paragon 22!

Just hit me up if you see me online :D I know I'll never get a TF/SoH so I stopped playing SC for now (till seasons actually)

is SoH = shard of hate? I just got one, it's pretty neat, but I didn't think it was a highly coveted piece.

ZenaxPure

I'm still hoping they'll increase the roster size in 2.1, but I think they're dealing with a serious bottleneck with battle.net chat capacity. I bet even clan chat would split into two channels if we managed to get more than 100 people online at once.

Some blue post from a few days ago makes it seem like they aren't doing anything at all to clans in 2.1. Kind of a bummer.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Cool. Sorry if I was a bit whiny on my earlier posts, I just miss the fun of playing in a group.

I am enjoying my time with the game a lot more than when I initially played. I had a demon hunter when the game first came out and beat all 4 acts never seeing any legendaries and only getting to level 35. On my replay starting a new hero, I brought a wizard up to 40 just from playing act I and II on master difficulty and have already disenchanted 3 legendaries and found probably 7 total in a fraction of the time, which is awesome.

Seems like they made a lot of great changes, I just need to get one of these heroes to 70 and then buy Reaper of Souls and I'll be set.

forrest

formerly nacire
No worries, I just booted a couple of people who were still under Paragon 50 a few weeks ago and that was it. If I was trying to enforce any sort of ongoing productivity I'd have to boot myself and we'd be down to about 50 members.

Awesome, thanks man! It will still be awhile before I'm back up and running again. Hopefully they get that patch out right before I do!

Razakin

No one really plays on the EU side of the clan nowadays. Wish a few more people were on :(
Currently bit burn't out of D3, which means I need a slight break and enjoy other games. Though, I rarely did play with clan members as I always feel my monk ain't the best in the game and I don't want to people carry me on higher than T3 rifts or so on.

But I assume when 2.1 hits, people again come back to game for a while and some leave, some stay.

Fularu

Banned
Eh it was bound to happen after the initial rush.

I mean the expansion is 3 months old now, the novelty has worn off. 2.1 will bring a lot of people back for a few weeks or more (seasons should help keep people online/entertained)

Edit : PTR by the end of this week probably

I'd like to encourage all of you to keep this thread going. I've been on a mini-vacation, but I'm back now, and interested in seeing how this conversation evolves over the coming weeks. We're still intending to release the patch 2.1 PTR by the end of the month, and that should create some interesting shifts in discussion.

So, what are your top 4 suggestions on how to improve Barbarians?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/13241704056#11

ZenaxPure

I wonder how long they plan to run the PTR. I really have no interest in playing on it (I rarely ever do PTR/Beta stuff in any game) but I of course do want to see all the changes. Mostly just wonder if the patch will actually be out before July ends.

Into

No one really plays on the EU side of the clan nowadays. Wish a few more people were on :(

Yep

People burned out what seemed like only 2 weeks. I thought at least it would take longer than that. But cannot blame them, if the game is not clicking for them, then that is that.

If the xpac managed to keep interest for 2-3 weeks, then i imagine a patch will work for 2-3 days at best.

Celegus

I wonder how long they plan to run the PTR. I really have no interest in playing on it (I rarely ever do PTR/Beta stuff in any game) but I of course do want to see all the changes. Mostly just wonder if the patch will actually be out before July ends.

Same here, Diablo is such a timesink as it is that I don't really want to play and have it not even count at all. I've never cared for playing beta versions of anything - I'd rather just wait for the finished product. Some patch notes would be nice though, so we can try to start preparing for it. I know someone was farming keys the other day in advance of the hellfire amulet, not a bad idea.

garath

I really think a lot of the burn out comes from the skill tree (or lack thereof). There's zero incentive to start a new character unless it's a completely different class. Being able to swap skills around means you only ever change your build to go with equipment. There's absolutely no permanence in any of your choices.

While this is great to stay invested in a single character, you hit that end game and then what's left?

A larger, more diverse skill tree with limited respecs would have encouraged more character building and been more appropriate for this seasons thing they are trying to do.

taybul

Same here, Diablo is such a timesink as it is that I don't really want to play and have it not even count at all.

I'm with you on this one. I haven't played in a while either. Time spent vs reward is near flat for me. I even got another character to 70 and just seeing where I'd like to be vs expected time to be anywhere close to there is just not motivating at all.

Even with 2.1 around the corner I'm sure that'll be another 2 week affair before people start dropping out again. Blizz will probably try to artificially extend that by making those amulets that will supposedly grant you a class skill difficult to be desirable. They'll undoubtedly make the most desirable skills harder to roll.

Krassus

I really think a lot of the burn out comes from the skill tree (or lack thereof). There's zero incentive to start a new character unless it's a completely different class. Being able to swap skills around means you only ever change your build to go with equipment. There's absolutely no permanence in any of your choices.

While this is great to stay invested in a single character, you hit that end game and then what's left?

A larger, more diverse skill tree with limited respecs would have encouraged more character building and been more appropriate for this seasons thing they are trying to do.

See Path of Exile =p

Honestly though if Diablo added a few more uniques that opened up more specs to be viable that would be a good start. They wont ever be able to go even a third as deep as PoE without a total redesign of their skill system. Diablo also needs an end game like you mentioned. PoE last expac added Uber Atziri in which gives you a reason to grind for those perfect items and to cap out levels. Its the closest thing to a one group / solo raid I have seen and would work great in D3. Maybe with the new Ubers for the neck we'll be getting some tough boss content?

Going to be fun to see how the new side areas work inside of greater rifts also. If they incentivize them of course with some kind of better loot for more of a risk.

garath

See Path of Exile =p

Honestly though if Diablo added a few more uniques that opened up more specs to be viable that would be a good start. They wont ever be able to go even a third as deep as PoE without a total redesign of their skill system. Diablo also needs an end game like you mentioned. PoE last expac added Uber Atziri in which gives you a reason to grind for those perfect items and to cap out levels. Its the closest thing to a one group / solo raid I have seen and would work great in D3. Maybe with the new Ubers for the neck we'll be getting some tough boss content?

Going to be fun to see how the new side areas work inside of greater rifts also. If they incentivize them of course with some kind of better loot for more of a risk.

Yeah. Skill trees like Path of Exile or TitanQuest are exciting and fun and really encourage building new characters to open up the gameplay.

D3 fell a little flat in that regard.

For end game, I like the sound of Greater Rifts. I hated the Uber grind for the level 60 hellfire ring. Doubt I'll like the level 70 one.

They do need some more challenging group based content.

ZenaxPure

The only problem with this logic is that if you just do a quick look through the clan roster at the various people that have not played in a long time those are people that never hit the end game anyway. All a system like you suggest would have done is been another layer to stop people from hitting that end game, meaning even less would have probably managed it. Basically I don't really think character progression really lead to this situation. I think it is just the natural flow of things, other games come out (and there have been some great games to come out since RoS launch), people have real life obligations, and others got all they wanted out of the game. I honestly don't think most people burnt out in the traditional meaning of the word, other things just came up.

That's also why I don't really see 2.1 as a thing that would do a lot for clan activity (outside of a few days or weeks). If so many people quit before they were at the "end game" for a single character what does 2.1 really offer them anyway that the original game didn't. I find that question especially interesting since Blizz also mentioned that Greater Rift difficulty is not tied to what difficulty you have the game set on. That means anyone coming back will still have to finish gearing up if they want to make the most out of the biggest new feature of the patch.

Laconic

Banned
2.1 will bring a lot of people back for a few weeks or more (seasons should help keep people online/entertained)

Personally, I think the whole nonsense of "Seasons" will be the double-tap headshot that kills the game. Blizzard is doin' it wrong. More wrong.

I don't see a point in adding seasons to a game without an economy. Best they could do is make leagues with modifiers like PoE. Without the draw of new items no one is going to want to start from scratch. You're already free to do that whenever you want.

Krassus

Lets just hope they add a carrot which will make us work towards something. I cant forsee their plan lasting of endless floors of the same boring rifts were doing now with just harder hitting stuff as you progress.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
uhhh. So if there are spots opening up in the GAF clan how do I get an invite? I'm like paragon 270.

Join the GAF public community and the officers in the clan are all also officers in the community roster. Just bug whoever's online. Hopefully there are still a few spots open

I can't tell you how much I disagree with this. If I had to roll a new monk for each build I've tried I would have quit a long time ago.

I still have 7 more levels to 70 for my barb ...

I hate that grind.

CRA5H

So.. I found a Shard of Hate to replace my Odyn Son and now my barb is dual wielding a SoH and a TF. Does it matter which is in my main hand besides the higher dmg weap?

I guess what I'm trying to say is will the way the procs work be affected by which weapon is in the main hand and which is in the offhand? I'm guessing the weapon's respective proc only procs when that weapon is the one being swung? Or do they both procs have a chance to proc simultaneously regardless of which weapon is the one you're striking with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom