• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Re-customizable builds are awesome, I don't know what some of you are talking about.

Diablo 3 is just more enjoyable to me in short bursts, especially when there's new content. I got burnt out while playing with the clan. I had a great time though, the shenanigans with Yoshichan and the others on Mumble were great, I hope we can do that again some time.

I'm slowly getting back into the game.

garath

So I just got a Stone of Jordan. What makes this one of the best rings in the game?

The elite damage and elemental damage. It's one of the highest (the highest?) sources of raw elite damage up to 30% and has up to 20% elemental. Both best in slot values.

ZenaxPure

Join the GAF public community and the officers in the clan are all also officers in the community roster. Just bug whoever's online. Hopefully there are still a few spots open

I feel like now is as good as time as any to mention that like half of the current officers haven't been active since the first week or two we reformed the clan and the other half are taking a break or only log on every once in a while. In general there is really only a handful of people still playing regularly right now and none of them are officers. I don't think it's really been an issue since there also hasn't really been many people seeking to get into the clan, but, I figured at some point people would ask again and it would probably be hard for them to just log on and get an invite.

Celegus

Is there a limit to the number of officers in a clan? I was kind of surprised someone like Zenax wasn't one already, or some of the other regulars.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Is there a limit to the number of officers in a clan? I was kind of surprised someone like Zenax wasn't one already, or some of the other regulars.

The limit's 25 for communities. I imagine it's the same for clans. I'm fine with promoting more people. Officers actually have the permission to promote other officers right now.

If anyone's interested in more actively managing things, I can hand over the reins. I have a lot of other competing stuff on the go.

The reason I ask people to contact us via the community roster is the clan invite commands don't work. Maybe they will in 2.1, but for now if I try to /claninvite gaffer#0001 (or cinvite) it says it's an invalid command.

By the way, people are saying the 2.1 PTR is starting to download in the launcher now.

I've been less regular. I'm on late at night west coast right now. If somone wants my officer spot because they still at a lot, they're welcome to it.

Edit: ooh PTR coming ... It's happening.gif

Downloading now. 11GB.

HYPED!

TVTtbwT.jpg

th3dude

Nice, PTR time. Hopefully this ends up being a quick test, I need 2.1!

An additional Stash Tab is now available for all players with Reaper of Souls

Woo!

A new Legendary consumable has been added
Ramalandi's Gift
Use on an unsocketed item to add the maximum number of sockets that item type allows

That's a nice change.

ZenaxPure

If anyone's interested in more actively managing things, I can hand over the reins. I have a lot of other competing stuff on the go.

I mean really there isn't much point in changing any of that since it's not like there are a bunch of responsibilities associated with the clan anyway (since clans are very limited in what they can do and are basically glorified chat rooms) but we could certainly use some more officers of the people still playing just for the sake of inviting anyone who still wants in.

Hmmm

(6) Set Bonus

Fixed an issue that caused Hatred spenders cast by the Sentries to have a slower attack speed than intended\

I just recently got 6/6 Marauder and was told atk spd didn't affect it. Now it will as a buff!? Sweet

Dahbomb

P1_CruShield_norm_unique_01 (Name still TBD)

New Legendary Crusader Shield
Removes the cooldown of Condemn
Condemn now costs 40 Wrath

So Blade of Prophecy plus this new shield = New shotgun build?

Also no new good Monk bonuses or buffs to previous Legendaries... forever sad.

Most important change is new stash tabs for everyone!!!!!

You get a stash tab!! You get stash.........!!

edit: Also how the hell does the new firebird bonus work? Is it a proc on hit?

Wizard

Firebird's Finery
(6) Set Bonus
Weapon damage increased from 300% to 2000% over 5 seconds

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Really curious about the details on that new socket-creating legendary.

Does it just add sockets or does it have to replace a primary affix?

Can it be done on an item that's previously enchanted?

"A new reward has been added: The Hellfire Amulet

Requires the same materials to craft as the Hellfire Ring plus 10 additional Forgotten Souls"

Sooo... better starting farming Hellfire Ring parts?

Ashodin

Really curious about the details on that new socket-creating legendary.

Does it just add sockets or does it have to replace a primary affix?

Can it be done on an item that's previously enchanted?

It itself is a legendary, so will be rare to find, so I'm assuming it's adding sockets where there was none previously (adding an affix) or enhancing current affix. Which means you should reroll then add this, then add another or so later.

Dahbomb

The new monk passives are interesting and it seems like they're trying to make a cold monk viable.
I just looked at some of those Monk changes and I thought "well I guess you don't really a Frost Gauntlet anymore".

The combination of the new Cold Cyclone Strike and new Sweeping Wind basically freeze enemies for you.

Fucking christ, when you log in first time, prepare for achievement spam.

Anyways, time to test pet AI. I just tried M6 DH and turrets still feel the same as it did on live.

Also guys, try joining GAF community so maybe we can give greater rift a try together.

Sigmaah

Earthquake buffs let's go!!!

Now I can run cold and do damage! But nah molten fury too strong.

Got my bro downloading this for me now, will be home in like 2 hours to play this shit!

ZenaxPure

Finally finished the rift I was in and am reading the notes fully now. Lol at the sacrifice change for WD. Only consumes one dog per cast, casts at your mouse cursor location, and TMF effects it so it does 3k weapon damage. Sounds amazing and hilarious.

Dahbomb

I am a bit disappointed in the amount of new Legendaries in the Ladder.

I hope they add more within this PTR and when the actual patch is released. Only 10 Legendaries aren't enough to hop on the Ladder bandwagon.

Also Seasons aren't even implemented in this PTR yet so people are just going to be trying out Greater Rifts really and the new class changes.

New icon I noticed for caches.

Opening rifts - now you gotta carry rift fragments in your inventory and click it over to the rift stone now...

My DH didn't fall over dead at being touched or jailed in T6. Pretty tanky with 20k armor and 1k all res lol.

ZenaxPure

Also fuck I just realized the new depth diggers are going to be so OP for MM wizards. Double damage on 3x missile shots... Assuming it effects them, but idk if they count as generators

Dahbomb

Life per Hit
weapons - 6190-7371
ring - 3095-3865

Regen
chest - 3714-4423
armor - 5158-6143
ring - 5158-6143
We didn't think LoH was meaty enough...

SO WE TRIPLED IT!!!!!!

Also new Legendaries have been leaked/datamine... FINALLY I can give up my Exploding Palm skill on the tab and use SSS:

p1_ItemPassive_Unique_Ring_941 - Your Seven-Sided Strike applies Exploding Palm.

Please don't be a Daibo...

Blizzard really treats Monks like a red headed step child. The class with the least new Legendaries in Seasons and one of them is garbage (SW for 1 minute).

Maledict

AS others have said, I hope they plan on adding more season legendaries, and also upgrading more of the existing pointless legendaries that currently drop. Right now there's nothing in the seasons list which would make me roll something new. I was sort of hoping they would be a bit bolder and steal more from Path of Exile with seasons, and actually add something into the game when playing them.

Also, is it me or are the majority of wizard changes in some form a nerf, with all of the popular current resource spenders apart from explosive blast now having a steep up front arcane power cost? With the boost to MM and the nerf to normal consumers, it does sort of feel like wizards may end up being pushed more and more to those two builds now. Bit odd considering I think general consensus was that wizards had issues at T5 & T6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom