• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok this is nuts. Pet doctors got way way better than before. It's not just TMF dog and Garg but it's like double the amount of fetishes are hitting a single target now and they don't get stuck trying to loop around finding a spot. They also don't run off, always hit nearest target.

Also sacrifice was pretty awesome with limited testing I did with homunclus (4sec version), It shoots like a fast missile and does up to 80m dmg, really great aoe.

Lain

Looking at the wizard stuff in the notes, I like how the skills I use have all received dmg buffs.
The change to firebird though is uninteresting.

Ok this is nuts. Pet doctors got way way better than before. It's not just TMF dog and Garg but it's like double the amount of fetishes are hitting a single target now and they don't get stuck trying to loop around finding a spot. They also don't run off, always hit nearest target.

Also sacrifice was pretty awesome with limited testing I did with homunclus (4sec version), It shoots like a fast missile and does up to 80m dmg, really great aoe.

yeah I'm glad to see they're just buffing everyone across the board rather than nerfing the more powerful classes.

This makes me giggly. I love the Jade build, but pet WD is so much more fun. Look forward to trying it out tonight.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Also new Legendaries have been leaked/datamine... FINALLY I can give up my Exploding Palm skill on the tab and use SSS:

p1_ItemPassive_Unique_Ring_941 - Your Seven-Sided Strike applies Exploding Palm.

Please don't be a Daibo...

I bet it'll go on a set bonus. The perma-shadow power bonus for the DH 4 set shows up the same way as other single-legendary bonuses.

ItemPassive_Unique_Ring_680_x1 - Shadow Power lasts forever

Trying to get last item to craft a hellfire amulet. I logged out to reset after I didn't get the drop and in a long ass queue. :(

done
gzWIDwI.jpg

The Cowboy

They doubled the resource cost for channelled spells for wizard =|

Frankly, I'm not impressed with the wizard changes at all, and the firebirds change is just not good enough IMO (i was hoping for something much more interesting that that), and they don't seem to have fixed the slow time bubble issue they said they would fix (i really hope they add this for the proper 2.1 release)..

After seeing the WD changes, i recon I'm off back to my pet WD when 2.1 hits - I'm not sure why they've buffed WD so much, they really don't need it.

Pets of different types have like no collision.

Basically im in the rift with those tight narrow rocky paths and all my pets + dog + garg can swing in that narrowness.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
There seems to be a debate on Diablofans over whether MM counts as a resource generator or not, considering the new bonus added in 2.1. I thought since it's a signature spell it surely counts??

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Depth diggers + punish belt + stormshield/helm of rule/justice lantern is going to be an interesting build lol

Dealing 430% weapon damage per blocked attack? Yes pls

Is anyone even able to create games? It still keeps saying the servers are busy

Insaniac

There seems to be a debate on Diablofans over whether MM counts as a resource generator or not, considering the new bonus added in 2.1. I thought since it's a signature spell it surely counts??

according to reddit the datamined entry says signature spells and generators, but the blog failed to mention it

Vicros

Remember that Blizzard post with the capitalized Greed?

"We may have additional treats on the horizon, but let's not get too Greedy. . . . You'll have your hands on the PTR soon enough to find out more."
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/14244559/patch-210-ptr-preview-6-17-2014

About that:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/293u7v/ptr_treasure_realm/

That's really cool, I wondered what ever happened to that idea. And holy shit at the size of that chest.

These last four hours of work need to go faster.

Ultratech

Dahbomb

Amethysts still give the same LOH as before.

Lame as fuck... completely irrelevant now that you can get like 7000 LOH from weapons alone.

Pacman2k

I'd be willing to help out with clan management if needed. I have a day job so I'm not on all day but I still regularly play for a few hours a few nights per week.

Just happy to help and want to keep the clan going.

ZenaxPure

Looking through the list of datamined item effects on diablofans it looks like there is a lot of really cool new items. I'm actually pretty excited to try some of them out.

MrDaravon

Been out of the loop for a while so I didn't know about some of this stuff, the PTR notes seem pretty nuts. At a glance it seems like most things got buffed to various degrees? Only stuff I feel like I'm familiar enough with offhand to speak to is the DH stuff, and most of their changes/gear stuff/etc is all pretty baller. Still balance issues that I don't expect to ever get fixed really, but hey. The 4-set Shadow Bonus that keeps Shadow Power up forever is potentially super interesting, especially since they re-buffed Gloom back up to 35% damage reduction. But then you'd have to give up the Mara's set which is actually better than before with the fix to the turret fire rate as well as the base turret damage being increased (although I forget if the damage your mara turrets do is based on the spenders or not, been a while).

Most of the seasonal legendaries right now kinda meh, there better be more than that. Also thank god they reduced the number of magic items needed for crafting, 120 was fucking ridiculous.

Oh wow just caught this, this is a fantastic change that should have been in years ago:

Holding down Shift when comparing items will now exclude bonuses provided by sockets from the comparison

ZenaxPure

Most of the seasonal legendaries right now kinda meh, there better be more than that.

Seems to be a lot more. There is a bunch of datamined effects out there. I assume the list isn't complete either. Seems to be some interesting DH ones as well like turning chakram into a generator and rapid fire increasing its damage the longer you stand still and channel the spell. Hope that one turns out well because I always enjoyed rapid fire in the past even if it wasn't all that amazing.

Also for Barbarians, an item that makes WW reflect projectiles back to the attacker. Not sure how useful that would be for damage in practice, but, pretty funny effect.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Welp I've hit my limit at Rift 31. Got through 26 in 8 minutes now 31 1-2 shots me and they got huge hp.

Still... this will all change when we get our sockets on our perfect hellfire amulet, SoJ and unity, get legendary gems and replace all our sockets on pants and chest with regen, get better weapons and a shit ton of those socket enabling gifts

Half our gear is poop now

Shadow set 4 piece now gives infinite Shadow Power. With Gloom that puts DH damage reduction on par with Monk. Pretty boring lol. At least it give you all the LOH you need for free. Marauder is even more beast now. I was hoping there would be an alternative

Fist of Thunder buff, what the fuck. Numbers boosted everywhere. Meanwhile Wave of Light is still junk.

Cool that there's a new legendary mat that gives you max slots on an item though.

garath

I'm wondering what I should use as spenders with the Mara bonus now that they fixed the atk speed bug. Maybe chakrams and ca? They buffed shooting stars which is what I use with my physical build.

Man, what horrible changes to Wizards. Nerfed all channelling builds (when they weren't all that powerful in the first place). Sub-par changes to Firebird 6 piece set. Buffs to Hydra. So now those without WoW can go Hydra/MM.

Still the Wizdog as they were....

ZenaxPure

Alright, Raticus gave me invite power so if there is still some people that want in the clan just put your battle tag here and I will work stuff out. We're still at 147/150.

Negator

Don't know if this is PTR only or not, but crafting items doesn't require the legendary crafting material anymore, all of them now just sell for thousands of gold.

Man, what horrible changes to Wizards. Nerfed all channelling builds (when they weren't all that powerful in the first place). Sub-par changes to Firebird 6 piece set. Buffs to Hydra. So now those without WoW can go Hydra/MM.

Still the Wizdog as they were....

The increased initial cost for channeling spells was assholish. I can't believe the laziness with the Firebird change. What the hell were they thinking? Who is going to use that? What does it do when you get to an elite? Absolutely nothing

Wizdog isn't even Wizdog anymore. Dogs got buffed lol

Don't know if this is PTR only or not, but crafting items doesn't require the legendary crafting material anymore, all of them now just sell for thousands of gold.

It's been like that since 2.0.6

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
100% more damage from generators pants is OP for crusader. our generators are the hardest hitting in the game.

those pants plus the punish gets all runes legendary sounds like a lot of fun.

ElyrionX

Just read the notes.

Blizzard hates wizards confirmed. Wtf is this shit? And Blizzard really really really wants us to use Hydra since day one of D3. It's ridiculous. Hydra is stupid and boring. Just kill it already and stop buffing it ffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom