• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElyrionX

You still haven't added me. Booga#6818..

Me? I didn't see your battletag in the SG thread after I posted mine and I didn't see a request from you in-game either so I thought you forgot about it. Haven't logged on in two weeks anyway. Will add you next time I get in.

qtrBvBL.jpg

dat arcane dmg buff.

Shifty76

My DH is stuck at 400k dps in normal because nothing drops, ever. Does the DH have any good stuff to craft to get me into the torments?

Crafted level 70 gear is perfectly useful for T1-2. Match that up with some of the crafted set pieces (Aughilds, Cains, Ashearas) and you should be able to get to T4 no problem.

Just make sure to get dps in dps slots (jewelry, gloves) and toughness in toughness slots (everything else, but helm/bracers really should have cc and +element dmg on bracers)

Speaking of bracers: Crafting cost reduced to 72 dust! Huzzah!

ZenaxPure

What will be the fastest way to level once seasons go live? Just do bounties in adventure mode?

Probably. I feel like it makes the most sense anyway since by the time you are level 70 you will probably have enough rift fragments for a few hundred rifts in the new system. Assuming you don't get power leveled to max level.

Celegus

Seriously Blizz... that's what they came up with for Firebird's? I mean I guess I can try it out but I doubt that's gonna be enough to pass on Cindercoat/Magefist/new Depth Diggers. If those Depth Diggers do work with MM though, that just seems crazy.

Deadly

Just read the notes.

Blizzard hates wizards confirmed. Wtf is this shit? And Blizzard really really really wants us to use Hydra since day one of D3. It's ridiculous. Hydra is stupid and boring. Just kill it already and stop buffing it ffs.
Couldn't agree more. Give us 3-4 hydras at once then I'd be ok :)

Sigmaah

Cold Barb is legit as fuck especially for Greater Rifts

WE IN THERE!

It seems like you get a good amount of set drops from the rift guardian in greater rifts, THAT'S THAT GOOD SHIT SON.

Greater rifts are actually challenging and fun, YO 2.1 tho!!!!

Me, Rice, and Dahbomb made it to 33, 32 was hard as fuck, I can't imagine 33 lmao.

Dahbomb

Impressions of Greater Rifts:

*They are mad fun but really difficult. Past 20 they start reaching T5-T6 and beyond 30 they feel like T8. I am talking about 35 million Toughness 2200+ All res nearly 20K armor Monks getting wiped out pretty fast by mobs (along with having 15K LOH and 25K LPS) and mobs with higher health although it feels like damage goes up faster than mob HP. You really need optimized groups and builds to climb the rankings.

Highest for 3 players on the PTR right now is 38, we made it to 33 to get rank 43. We could've done one more but one of our party members left.

You get 3 keys for the next level so you essentially get 3 attempts at a higher level. If you complete Rifts fast you get bigger jumps for the next one (so say if you completed Rift 11 in 6 mins, your next one might be lvl 20).

*You get Experience RRREEEAAALLLLYYY fast in Greater Rifts. Unless this is a PTR thing... I am talking about getting like 3-4 Levels PER GREATER RIFT if you are at 300-400 Paragon level. That's pretty insane.

*Loot in the Greater Rift isn't spectacular. You get 2+ Legendaries at the end, a bunch of mats plus a few Rares... definitely does not cover for the whole Rift if you account for the Rares. Sometimes you can get 3-4 Legendaries. It actually feels better this way... just collect your loot at the end without having to be distracted by loot against the mobs. Still I wouldn't really say these are farmable as the keys are limited (and the later keys are hard to farm)... stick to T6 Rifts.

*You can't close Rifts if you feel like you are going to fail a current Rift. They should fix this.

*Cold specs are more viable in Greater Rift especially with Rimeheart. The new Monk Cyclone Strike and the buffed Cold Earthquake is legit. I personally didn't have a Rimeheart but with it we could've made it past 35. With Cold spec you can freeze entire groups and just go to town.

*Monks are essential in group play and you need a Monk with INSANE HEALTH. I am talking about 50 million + toughness and 70K+ healing maybe even more. Everyone needs good tougness too because even Barbs were getting wrecked like they were DHs. Exploding Palm gets even more value in Greater Rifts because it speeds up clear times. I would say Barbs (Cold spec), Monk (Rimeheart build), WD and Crusader/DH would be the way to go.

*Lightning damage affix is really insane especially against groups configuration that does a lot of hit fast (like WD DoTs). Not even the tankiest characters can survive that.

*The Death Maiden is bugged only the bug is amplified in higher Rifts. I was getting one shotted by a white Death Maiden.

There's a bug to duplicate your items by the way. It's pretty easy... you enchant an item and then you leave the game. The duplicate item (the original rolled item) stays in your inventory. You can make like 4-5 copies of an item this way. Pretty sure this will get fixed.

Shifty76

4 Rifts later (T3) and still no key :(

T6 RG dropped one for me first go :)

Meanwhile, in the world of monk:

OWE change dropped me from 12m toughness down to 8m with the new Harmony passive. Definitely noticed I was more squishy...maybe some of that toughness loss was from not having dodge though.

Tried the buffed FoT but didn't really like it. Yeah it could do 20m crits, but it was so slooooooow.

Will test more tomorrow night.

Dahbomb

OWE change dropped me from 12m toughness down to 8m with the new Harmony passive. Definitely noticed I was more squishy...maybe some of that toughness loss was from not having dodge though.
I went down in toughness too but I feel like you are some what compensated with the Armor and Life regen changes. My life regen/LOH values are tripled and lets me get mad sustain.

Of course I was playing a low DPS support Monk so mileage varies. I have 4 piece Blackthorne, the Arcane immunity Amulet, 3 piece Aughilds and 3 piece Asheara bonus. I can tank pretty much anything except insane Lightning enchanted damage spam on 30+ Greater Rifts.

ZenaxPure

I honestly can't believe they're leaving exploding palm unchanged. I feel like every single high ranked greater rift group is going to have a monk in it.

Shifty76

I went down in toughness too but I feel like you are some what compensated with the Armor and Life regen changes. My life regen/LOH values are tripled and lets me get mad sustain.

Of course I was playing a low DPS support Monk so mileage varies. I have 4 piece Blackthorne, the Arcane immunity Amulet, 3 piece Aughilds and 3 piece Asheara bonus. I can tank pretty much anything except insane Lightning enchanted damage spam on 30+ Greater Rifts.

I didn't even try crafting new gear yet. I'm assuming it's just new gear that gets the buffed rolls? I honestly didn't even think to look considering I have so little healing on that Raiment spec.

I'll have to dig out my zdps Rimeheart monk and play around with one of those new freezy skills. Will make lack of frosties less noticeable for sure.

Dahbomb

A bunch of Legendaries now roll with 5 primary stats. It's usually one with no Orange special Legendary stat.

And a bunch of Legendaries had their rolls changed. Halcyon now rolls with different affixes same as the Blackthorne amulet and Travelers Pledge (which can roll insane now).

Insaniac

A bunch of Legendaries now roll with 5 primary stats. It's usually one with no Orange special Legendary stat.

And a bunch of Legendaries had their rolls changed. Halcyon now rolls with different affixes same as the Blackthorne amulet and Travelers Pledge (which can roll insane now).

yeah i just got a Flavor of Time amulet that rolled mainstat, crit, CD, 8% CDR and move speed. Rolled the movespeed once into 20% fire damage (I'm a Fire damage CDR archon).

Ugh now i wish I could keep it, this always happens on PTR :(

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
It must be said... play at least the first level of a greater rift in a group, you get the amount of keys as people in their party

I really really like greater rifts, though. They get so damn tough. That and they feel rewarding.

DustinC

Yeah, just had a Flavor of Time that dropped with main stat, res all, cc, cdr, and move speed. Needless to say, best Flavor of Time I've ever seen.

These Tiered Rifts are pretty cool. Not having to keep track of items and instead running around kicking ass is awesome. Oh and the loot from the RG is pretty damn good lol
none of which were Blackthorne

Got this sweet Nat ring from a guardian too

I think tiered rifts hit T6 values at level 25. After that HP is clearly higher. Not sure about the damage since I was playing my DH and I wasn't really getting hit anyway.

Oh yeah! Dex to armour is such a huge boon. I don't need unity to do T6 on my DH anymore. Straight bodying shit. I don't know why but they buffed pretty much everything to do with Marauder 6 piece. It's fucking bananas.

Damage in Tiered Rifts becomes outrageous around 30. Even porting to town and swapping to unity didn't help that much. Had a keep full of Anarchs and I got gangbanged

ZenaxPure

Sorry for asking, what's the clan name? I did some searches but couldn't really find anything specific (I did find a "NeoGAF Overflow" one but it had 110 members or so).

I don't think you will find us in the search (assuming that the search only shows clans that have the recruiting check box clicked, which we do not). Post your battle tag here and I will take care of it.

Fularu

Banned
LOL my RG had 3 billion HP at lvl 22.

I got 5 levels of rift with next to no enemies, I was more racing the empty corridors against the clock than anything else. They can't have tiered rifts with no mob density, it ruins a run.

MrDaravon

Lacuni Prowlers rolling 5 primaries makes those potentially BiS now if you don't need the resource regen from the Reapers Wraps maybe?

Edit: Oh shit, people are saying SoJ's can roll with 5 primaries now? Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Celegus

Lacuni Prowlers rolling 5 primaries makes those potentially BiS now if you don't need the resource regen from the Reapers Wraps maybe?

Edit: Oh shit, people are saying SoJ's can roll with 5 primaries now? Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Aaaaand all of our equipment is obsolete now.

ZenaxPure

Aaaaand all of our equipment is obsolete now.

I mean I wouldn't say it's obsolete really. If you have gear capable of T6 it will still be able to do T6 in the patch. The new gear will really just help you get to higher ranks of greater rifts, which is pretty cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom