• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celegus

I mean I wouldn't say it's obsolete really. If you have gear capable of T6 it will still be able to do T6 in the patch. The new gear will really just help you get to higher ranks of greater rifts, which is pretty cool.

Yeah, I know. I guess at least that makes new drops potentially exciting again for items that we thought were already BiS. Does the 5 primaries apply to all legendaries without a special ability, like even set pieces?

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Yeah, I know. I guess at least that makes new drops potentially exciting again for items that we thought were already BiS. Does the 5 primaries apply to all legendaries without a special ability, like even set pieces?

Seems to be select items

Also the samalarian's gift (not sure if i spelled right... from memory) will give a socket to unsocketed items... giving every helmet, ring, amulet, pants, chest, off hand? and weapon a chance at 5 primaries.

Just have to find it, though and be SURE you are using it on something you will keep

Celegus

I wonder how ridiculously rare they are. Sounds too good, not having to waste your enchant on socketing every single weapon.

Maledict

Does that basically flip socketed weapons from being the stat you always want on a weapon to the stat you never want on a weapon? Similarly with other items that can roll sockets?

Krassus

When this hits live I'll be looking for people to leaderboard with. Currently 630 paragon and will probably be maining a DH.

Celegus

Does that basically flip socketed weapons from being the stat you always want on a weapon to the stat you never want on a weapon? Similarly with other items that can roll sockets?

It really just depends on the rarity. If they're super rare, it might be more valuable to use on a ring/amulet if you also have a legendary gem. But the option is certainly nice. Now I just need to find a nice FotF so I can have strength damage cooldown and socket.

DopeyFish

Interesting thing i noticed: boss bounty isn't mandatory for acts now

Also the horadric caches look funny now

I tried out fists of thunder seeing as it got a buff. What the hell? It feels like casting bash at 1aps

Cold monk looks like it would be cool. I already have Frostburns which should synergize nicely with the new passive. I just cbf playing monk though. It feels so shit.

From dfans datamined stuff:

ItemPassive_Unique_Ring_759_x1 - Teleport no longer has a cooldown but costs 25 Arcane Power.
ItemPassive_Unique_Ring_760_x1 - Gain the effect of all Armors.

I'll Equip Depth Diggers and proceed to tear shit up if those are two are really in.

Edit: I know about the Wand, but I haven't seen anything about the second.
MM getting 50-100% damage? lol

bcl0328

w5NylCb.jpg

Shifty76

I tried out fists of thunder seeing as it got a buff. What the hell? It feels like casting bash at 1aps

Yeah it's garbage. DPS on it is nice for sure, but it's so slow, and the proc coefficient still blows (didn't proc my furnace once in 30 secs of constant attacking) so I doubt I'll be using it other than MAYBE for the 3rd hit of a generator combo with combo strike.

So after last night I did some crafting to get my DH to about 750k dmg, all I want to do is to be able to start farming T1 so I can start getting some good drops. I can finally do T1 but IMO things are taking way to long to die for it only being T1 and having 750k. My crafted gear isn't the best but I'm out of mats atm. Here is my profile if anyone can see anything obviously wrong that would make a big difference. Ty
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/liferebooted-1675/hero/1178471

Akai XIII

Pick an element to go with (Fire/Physical is good for DH).

Craft new bracers with +element damage on and craft new shoulders - the rolls are low and at this point you dont really need +skill dmg (especially spike trap...) same goes for pants and belt.

Get a socket in your weapon, an emerald will boost your DPS significantly.

Your armour needs replacing, one socket isn't good enough, try to craft a new one with at least Dex and Vit, if you can AR/Elite damage and then roll for sockets (armour isn't as important due to 2.1).

Farm A1 bounties to get the Ring of Royal Grandeur (lowers set requirements by one).

As for skills, get rid of ambush, it's really not helping at all - you'll get an enemy down to 75% health... then? The passive is useless.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#aQdVOS!bXfh!ZccZYb

Try something like that, its far from perfect but you should find that it works a lot better. If you still feel squishy, change the rocket passive to awareness until 2.1. Note that not all of the skills are Phy/Fire - some need to serve as utility/provide better build synergy. You could swap out Vault for Smoke Screen (Displacement) for CC immunity.

Pick an element to go with (Fire/Physical is good for DH).

Craft new bracers with +element damage on and craft new shoulders - the rolls are low and at this point you dont really need +skill dmg (especially spike trap...) same goes for pants and belt.

Get a socket in your weapon, an emerald will boost your DPS significantly.

Your armour needs replacing, one socket isn't good enough, try to craft a new one with at least Dex and Vit, if you can AR/Elite damage and then roll for sockets (armour isn't as important due to 2.1).

Farm A1 bounties to get the Ring of Royal Grandeur (lowers set requirements by one).

As for skills, get rid of ambush, it's really not helping at all - you'll get an enemy down to 75% health... then? The passive is useless.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#aQdVOS!bXfh!ZccZYb

Try something like that, its far from perfect but you should find that it works a lot better. If you still feel squishy, change the rocket passive to awareness until 2.1. Note that not all of the skills are Phy/Fire - some need to serve as utility/provide better build synergy. You could swap out Vault for Smoke Screen (Displacement) for CC immunity.

Ok, thanks a lot :D I'll just keep farming all the mats I can find to replace the crafted stuff with better rolls.

Yeah it's garbage. DPS on it is nice for sure, but it's so slow, and the proc coefficient still blows (didn't proc my furnace once in 30 secs of constant attacking) so I doubt I'll be using it other than MAYBE for the 3rd hit of a generator combo with combo strike.

Are there any decent builds I can use to get reacquainted with monk? I have some decent lightning gear but no 1k storm pieces. I have enough stuff for a fire build stacking cdr but crafting was unkind the last time I made an attempt.

Anything new open up?

edit: I believe that was done at level 1. The highest legit solo is DH at 38 or thereabouts

DopeyFish

Just in case it wasn't clear to anyone... the red orbs that drop that aren't health globes just add to your rift completion bar

Shifty76

LMAO!

Monk nerfs incoming (more like Rimeheart build).

No way anyone should be normally able to get to 100th Rift.

Rimeheart build requires switching to Furnace for RG or dragging trash packs to RG to explode on it, neither of which are possible on greater rifts (unless you can TP to town and gear switch, but even then that last 1/4 of RG's HP would take forever)

@Toasty: Well, Raiment set with jawbreaker seems to be our most viable as of right now, but failing that I'm thinking maybe an old school dual or tri-gen build with combo strike, SW (apparently the buffed dmg is nice), EP and combo strike might be worth looking into again.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Once upon a time people were active on the GAF mumble, but last time I tried logging in was when the game first came out.

qmz5dl6.png

DopeyFish

I dunno, that's still pretty useful all things considered. Weapons are unusable without a socket, no way around it.

Yes, but the best parts would have been on everything else

Getting one affix vs potentially gaining 8 affixes

Hell. I'd love if the item opened up a socket on every piece of armor tbh. It's the essential issue with build diversity and every damn thing in this game is structured to be as cookie cutter as possible

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I dunno, that's still pretty useful all things considered. Weapons are unusable without a socket, no way around it.

Which is a design problem in itself.

Weapons shouldn't even drop without a socket.

Your boy here would love to chat while playing with others, any voice chat service is fine with me!

PM Sent
Occasionally, I use Skype! It only depends on whether I'm home alone or not.

PM Sent
Hey if you're ever in my group, which you have been in the past, I'll give you our mumble info. We're pretty talkative while we play.

Alright man hit me up next time you see me. Thanks.

jblank83

30 AP initial cost on each channel.....

...that'll make you flip even MOAR.

Well, I have a Mirrorball so I'm not using a "spender". That won't impact me much. The MM dmg increase and Depth Diggers synergy is nice for that purpose, as well.

It's a lazy solution that further funnels Wizards into one of two builds, though. And if greater rifts are really that much more difficult, giving MM Wizards a little more damage is not going to help them keep pace in T6, much less greater rifts.

The new wand is teleport like wow thanks for another soul leg.

Yah, teleporting constantly does nothing to improve group efficiency. If it doesn't have good cooldown or elemental damage bonus, it would only weaken existing builds, as well. Even the ring that adds all rune effects (if there is such a thing) for armor is not going to bump SoJ or RoRG from the required items list.

I'd like to see other items that really are effective in Wizard builds, but at this moment I can't see myself playing Wizard in greater rifts, even with a 40% arcane Moonlight Ward.

Dahbomb

I can't see Wizards being usable in 30+ Greater Rifts (barring the discovery of a new game breaking build) as anything except Support (like for crowd control). And even then both Monks and Barbs have more than enough crowd control.

Teleport wand with Teleport Calamity skill means you can constantly do AoE stun...but you need resource reduction. But that move takes up casting frames. Only can combo with explosive blast...but what's explosive blast without WoW?!

Why on a wand slot!??! fucking hell.

So many wiz leg to fix. Go revamp Jang's Envelopment FFS. Totally useless Wiz leg. Velvet Camaral...uber rare? useless..

Well, I have a Mirrorball so I'm not using a "spender". That won't impact me much. The MM dmg increase and Depth Diggers synergy is nice for that purpose, as well.

I'm a WoW/Archon wiz. The inital AP cost doesn't impact me as well..but it sure impacts our other wizard brothers! This change is so rage inducing. WTF were they smoking?

jblank83

You'd need a hell of a lot of resource reduction to get over the 25 AP cost. Calamity is only 1 second of stun, as well. You're looking at, what, 4 or 5 teleports, maybe 6 or 7 with resource reduction? For an entire 6 or 7 seconds of stun? Why not use Black Hole instead with a lot of cooldown reduction? Heck, use a two shot combo like Black Hole first, then Frost Nova.

Yes, I agree on the initial AP change. Did anyone anywhere ever complain about Wizards being able to cast Arcane Torrent without an initial AP cost?

Maybe the change is in preparation for some sort of legendary combo? Who knows.

Use with Cosmic Strand? Double the use? Oh wait...how does the wand even work with Cosmic Strand? /scratches head

But yes, it's GARBAGE as it is....like most wiz legs.

jblank83

Use with Cosmic Strand? Double the use? Oh wait...how does the wand even work with Cosmic Strand? /scratches head

But yes, it's GARBAGE as it is....like most wiz legs.

That's a lot of slots and a big loss in damage (Mirrorball) for a combo of very questionable utility. I dunno. Maybe a party of 2 Wizards stunning constantly could be useful. Why do that when so many other classes have simple crowd control solutions, though, or even over Black Hole / Frost Nova?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom