• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, big loss in damage from mirrorball. Last I heard, Moonlight Ward got its Arcane damage increase to a max of 40%. Calamity does arcane as well.

well...just....maybe......

As it currently stands, even if they straight up DOUBLE all of Wizard's spell damage....they still wouldn't be on par with WD!

That's how bad it is.

jblank83

The damage on Calamity is meaningless. It's 175% weapon damage. You can stack arcane all day and the damage from Calamity will still be just a scratch on a T4 elite's backside.

Speaking of which, Blizzard has been directly nerfing Teleport - Calamity the past few patches. Reduce Wormhole from 4 ports to 3 ports to 2 ports...then reduce damage from Calamity....

SRSLY...WTF are they so afraid of in Teleport - Calamity?

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't played in like 2 weeks but I just booted up the PTR and holy changes Batman, so many little things have been tweaked.

Dahbomb

People on the PTR should re-add some of the players.

My tag: DantheBadass#1260.

For Greater Rift and other Torment 6 testing. Not many people on the PTR as far as friends list goes obviously.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
OK so Greater Rifts are possibly the biggest disappointment in recent memory, what a load of old shit they are. You have to do a bunch of Greater Rifts that feel like you're playing normal before it even starts to get interesting. I'd had enough after 30 minutes. I was really expecting something different.

Fularu

Banned
OK so Greater Rifts are possibly the biggest disappointment in recent memory, what a load of old shit they are. You have to do a bunch of Greater Rifts that feel like you're playing normal before it even starts to get interesting. I'd had enough after 30 minutes. I was really expecting something different.

It takes roughly 15 minutes to get to T6 level greater rifts (lvl 20+), it's not only rather fast, but on the way you'll pick up about 6 legendaries. How can that be seen as disapointing beats me.

Also remember, Legendary gems aren't in the game yet, and they're Greater Rifts rewards.

Dahbomb

It takes very little time to get to the insanely difficult Greater Rifts...

You are probably not clearing the initial Rifts fast enough. You go from 1 to 11 to 20 if you clear them fast enough. Past 20 you start reaching T5-T6 territory.

ZenaxPure

You are probably not clearing the initial Rifts fast enough. You go from 1 to 11 to 20 if you clear them fast enough. Past 20 you start reaching T5-T6 territory.

Yeah I was wondering the same thing. If you aren't getting to the difficult rifts fast enough then it should generally be your own fault since the skips are based on clear times (though I'm not sure if the game tells you how that is calculated or anything).

Ayumi

I know that this shouldn't bother me, but I feel very insecure about my paragon level right now. While I was gone from the game (working full-time, doing other stuff), it seems that everyone raced to 3-400+ and I'm only 132 or something.

It seems that most people are having parties in T6 while I can barely do T2 by myself right now. I know it shouldn't matter, but it feels like I will never be able to catch up since I really can't play that much. I still enjoy the game, and I only play for fun, I just hope there isn't a war against low leveled characters. Because I don't know if I ever have the patience to reach 250+ since I aim to focus on gearing up.

Dahbomb

I know that this shouldn't bother me, but I feel very insecure about my paragon level right now. While I was gone from the game (working full-time, doing other stuff), it seems that everyone raced to 3-400+ and I'm only 132 or something.

It seems that most people are having parties in T6 while I can barely do T2 by myself right now. I know it shouldn't matter, but it feels like I will never be able to catch up since I really can't play that much. I still enjoy the game, and I only play for fun, I just hope there isn't a war against low leveled characters. Because I don't know if I ever have the patience to reach 250+ since I aim to focus on gearing up.
You don't have to worry.

In the new patch... you get leveled up INSANELY fast in Greater Rifts. Assuming this change stays in... you will be able to get to Paragon 300-400 in no time.

Like I am Paragon 350 and I was getting 4-5 levels per Rift in Greater Rifts. In one hour you can gain like 15 levels easily.

The once you get T6 geared you will level up much faster and catch up. So it's not that huge of an issue. Everybody started somewhere.

Ayumi

You don't have to worry.

In the new patch... you get leveled up INSANELY fast in Greater Rifts. Assuming this change stays in... you will be able to get to Paragon 300-400 in no time.

Like I am Paragon 350 and I was getting 4-5 levels per Rift in Greater Rifts. In one hour you can gain like 15 levels easily.

That sounds incredibly great.

I know there's no Paragon cap, but I'm guessing people will get to the point where they no longer get much/any experience and actually level up. After calculating, you don't benefit from the levels after 800, right (with regards to the paragon point system)? You think they will change that?

Got too much time on my hands right now so hopefully I can use it for D3.

Thanks for the headups, guys. :3

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Once upon a time people were active on the GAF mumble, but last time I tried logging in was when the game first came out.

qmz5dl6.png

I tried to log in just yesterday but for some reason my connection always got rejected. Public Mumble servers were fine though.

Any idea what's up?

Ayumi

Blue post on Ramalandi's Gift (10 hours ago, by Grimiku)
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/13244304566?page=2#21

Presently Ramaladni's Gift has an incorrect tooltip and patch note, which makes it very confusing to decipher how it's supposed to work.
Also, the item is not yet fully implemented, which means it can't be looted right now (even though it's dropping on the PTR).
We're aware of that issue, but we don't have an ETA to share at the moment on when we expect it to be 100% functional.

That said, here's how Ramaladni's Gift is currently intended to work. This is all with the caveat that it's still under development, and potentially subject to change:

• It will add a socket to an unsocketed weapon
  • It only works on weapons
  • It will work on enchanted weapons, so long as they don't have a socket
  • It effectively adds an item affix in the form of a socket
  • It will be consumed on use

Dahbomb

So what about some of the Legendaries that have 5 Primary Affixes (like the new Grandfather)? Would that mean that it's now possible to have 6 Primary affixes on weapons?

ZenaxPure

After calculating, you don't benefit from the levels after 800, right (with regards to the paragon point system)? You think they will change that?

After 800 you can still put points into your primary stat and vitality, so there is always a reason to level up.

That said, it does dramatically slow down when you get to high levels though, so this greater rift xp will be pretty nice. I'm actually looking forward to seasons just for a paragon reset, only gaining 1 level every couple of days (as currently I am playing a non T6 capable character and only doing 5-15 rifts per day) is kinda depressing. The xp needed just goes up crazy amounts, looking at the numbers if I gain 100 levels in the season it will only give me like 3ish levels when it rolls back into the main game.

Ayumi

Played with EscapingJail today and I really enjoyed it! Nice and very helpful guy. I got more insight on what to do with the current game status and my character, so I'll definitely enjoy the game more now, since I got some leads on how to gear up and stuff. :3

Robin64

I hope 1 to 70 is a lot faster in Seasons. Everything interesting seems to be for top level, so would be annoying if just getting there was still a slog.

Played with EscapingJail today and I really enjoyed it! Nice and very helpful guy. I got more insight on what to do with the current game status and my character, so I'll definitely enjoy the game more now, since I got some leads on how to gear up and stuff. :3

Thanks I appreciate it. Lets play again soon!

robochimp

I started doing some key and uber mat farming for the first time in ROS, I think they should make wardens and ubers have a chance of dropping a rift fragment or a handful of blood shards.

While the hellfire amulet is a nice thing to work towards, the gameplay to get it is pretty much the same gameplay they decided wasn't fun when the killed the legendary crafting mat system.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member

I clear T6 in around 10 minutes, how much faster do I need to clear it? I just find it odd how I have to spend my time one shotting mobs before I get to the interesting levels, it just seems stupid to me. It's normal Bounties all over again.

scy

Yeah I went there but it's been dead for a long ass time. (For Diablo)

For what it's worth, most the time when the Mumble was in heavy use was on the backup server, not the main one, since it was always down at the time. That group of us hasn't been on in awhile, though.

...but we'll probably be back for 2.1.

I clear T6 in around 10 minutes, how much faster do I need to clear it? I just find it odd how I have to spend my time one shotting mobs before I get to the interesting levels, it just seems stupid to me. It's normal Bounties all over again.

It takes around 3 rifts to get what's roughly equivalent to a T5/6 rift assuming you can knock out the early ones in 3-5 minutes.

Yn0jOgG.jpg

Best hellfire amulet i've gotten even though stats are on the lower end but now I got something to test a legendary gem with if they ever add it in PTR.

Robin64

How rare are the Greater Rift Stones meant to be? Getting tired of doing Normal Rifts and not seeing one. I didn't think just getting into the Greater Rift was going to be a ballache.

ZenaxPure

I started doing some key and uber mat farming for the first time in ROS, I think they should make wardens and ubers have a chance of dropping a rift fragment or a handful of blood shards.

While the hellfire amulet is a nice thing to work towards, the gameplay to get it is pretty much the same gameplay they decided wasn't fun when the killed the legendary crafting mat system.

I still am really not a fan of keys/mats not being 100% on T6. I did a few key runs and the bosses the other day with a friend and it was pretty annoying killing a warden only for him to not drop the item. Even worse still when we got inside and the some of the bosses didn't drop their items.

Also I feel like the furnace killed the fun in most of those fights lol. The Diablo portal is actually still really cool but the others we were doing in like less than minute most of the time.

Shifty76

How rare are the Greater Rift Stones meant to be? Getting tired of doing Normal Rifts and not seeing one. I didn't think just getting into the Greater Rift was going to be a ballache.

I've only done two rifts so far on PTR, but got one both times (T6 though)

This might be a stupid question, but I don't have this game on PC at all. (Played on X360, will be playing soon on PS4)

Which is a stronger class as of patch 2.04(which is the version the console port will be based on, Crusader or DH?

I would like to hope 2.1 and later patches make their way on to the PS4 but I'm not too hopeful.

Robin64

So a couple of hours of farming rifts and a friend joining in for a bunch at the end, the total number of Greater Rift Stones was... 0.

Blizzard. Wut.

Shifty76

Did another four since my post. Nothing, still. Wow. This is the problem when anything has a chance, someone will be unlucky.

If they're using the same drop rate formula as they did with legendary crafting materials then the drop rates (or lack of) you're seeing do make sense:

Normal - 15%
Hard - 18%
Expert - 21%
Master - 25%
Torment 1 - 31%
Torment 2 - 37%
Torment 3 - 44%
Torment 4 - 53%
Torment 5 - 64%
Torment 6 - 77%

Try running something higher than normal and see how you make out

If they're using the same drop rate formula as they did with legendary crafting materials then the drop rates (or lack of) you're seeing do make sense:

Normal - 15%
Hard - 18%
Expert - 21%
Master - 25%
Torment 1 - 31%
Torment 2 - 37%
Torment 3 - 44%
Torment 4 - 53%
Torment 5 - 64%
Torment 6 - 77%

Try running something higher than normal and see how you make out
Really just comes down to shit luck apparently. *sigh*

I hope they change it. As it is, it's painfully bad.

Layering random over random over random and having you do it 4x at minimum resulting in a random reward is the worst designed crafting grind ever.

So far, very disappointed with 2.1. Cesspool is a TERRIBLE map. It's very maze-like similar to pandamonium rifts I guess? Lots of dead ends. Greater Rifts feel like it's just thought up by an intern or whatever. They want harder mobs to push the bar progression further, so they make elites spawn health globe looking orbs that you have to pick up to progress it after killing them. -_- it should be automatic. Also, partying for greater rifts results in so many different lvl of keys, I don't believe they are really going with this method??

It's early so we'll see how it goes with more patches to PTR 2.1 but so far? I'm not enjoying it at all.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I believe every greater rift token should be the same and players should be able to choose what level to start at as long as the prior has been completed (ran out of time or died)

So you open the initial rift level 1 and complete, it gives another GRF... you open another and you are forced into whatever it set you at (level 9) and eventually you get up to level 31 and die. Next token you use you can choose from level 1 to 30.

Alternatively blizzard could do the same thing except without the choice and just force back to level 1.

In hardcore mode, i suggest either having a "reset rift progress" button and/or allowing multiple GRF to make the rift death protected

Dahbomb

Yeah they need to alter the way you access Greater Rifts.

I also feel that Rifts which are on a level much higher than T6 (like around T8) should be giving more rewards/drop. Right now they give the same or lower rewards as a standard Rift when it's obviously way harder to efficiently clear a tier 34 Rift.

I do very much enjoy the insane EXP bonus in Greater Rifts and not having to pick up or click anything in Rifts. One more change I want is that those red globes that you pick up to increase progress bar should not be a droppable item... they should just be added to the progress bar automatically. People mistake them for health bars and just not think to pick them up if they are on full health.

Rokam

Haven't been paying attention, but anything for Lightning WW barbs on the PTR. Or are they still shite at higher torments.

Celegus

Did another four since my post. Nothing, still. Wow. This is the problem when anything has a chance, someone will be unlucky.

I started "gathering" up some keys to make an amulet when the patch hits, so far I'm 0/9 on Torment VI. Found two pieces of Akkhan I didn't need though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom