• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Just turned 61 with my Demon Hunter, first hero at max level (don't have reaper of souls just yet). Completed the game on Master difficulty and got a pretty sweet set item (hand crossbow). What content should I be doing for now to gear up and get Paragon levels until I can afford RoS?

Tc91

How long do people think the PTR will be up for? I have no motivation to play live after playing PTR.

Thinking about opening rifts with 5 keystones just puts me off.

How long do people think the PTR will be up for? I have no motivation to play live after playing PTR.

I don't think I have any motivation at all to play after seeing the changes in PTR. There's quite a few legendaries that I have right now which I thought were fairly incredible, but oh no, now they can roll with 5 primaries instead of 4, so I'll maybe need to get the 5 primary stat version instead if I intend on lasting any length of time in Greater Rifts.

All I'm saying is that Seasons had better be something very special or else I'll probably be done.

Probably until the end of July at the earliest..
I can't play live anymore either, killing time with WOD beta and console RPGs until 2.1 hits.

ZenaxPure

It's probably going to be a while, I don't think seasons or legendary gems are on the PTR yet...

I know the feeling though, if it wasn't for RiF I don't think I'd done very many rifts over the past month. I just can't bring myself to farm rift fragments anymore knowing that one bounty run only nets enough for one rift. Can't wait for the change.

Just turned 61 with my Demon Hunter, first hero at max level (don't have reaper of souls just yet). Completed the game on Master difficulty and got a pretty sweet set item (hand crossbow). What content should I be doing for now to gear up and get Paragon levels until I can afford RoS?

All you can really do is the story over and over if you don't have the expansion. I'd try to buy it asap if I were you. >_>

ferr

Just noticed the notes for 2.1. So for DH- lots of buffs, punishment nerfed, shadow mantle 4pc is cool. And I really like the idea of upgradable legendary gems.

Into

Has anyone tested whether the new Depth Diggers effect causes a increase in damage for Leap and the Earthquake that is left by Leap with the Earth set?

My guess is that it does increase the damage of Leap but no the EQs that are left behind

Jezbollah

Can any admins of the Euro Gaf guild please let me join?

I suspect there's probably a few others who may have sent join requests. Cheers.

Finally got all classes to L70...thanks to character swapping before rift closing. I hate to level my characters normally...cause I hate getting non-L70 legendaries.

Wickwire

I logged onto the PTR last night with my arcane wizard to see the arcane torrent mine changes, while the increased damage is nice, the initial AP cost is killing me. I don't have a very deep AP pool.

The increased damage for my frost hydra wizard is a welcome addition.

Tc91

DI2c3gV.png

Reroll the CDR to %dmg?

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
DI2c3gV.png

Reroll the CDR to %dmg?

No, with the new legendary consumable coming up to add sockets, you'd actually want to reroll the socket to something else so you can get a free affix out of it. (weird, I know)

With the usual "it's just in PTR right now" disclaimer.

Shifty76

DI2c3gV.png

Reroll the CDR to %dmg?

I'd roll the base dmg, since CDR is handy for lots of builds.

Interesting PTR monk bug:

The new Madstone spirit stone for monks applies EP to each target hit by SSS. When used with Sunwoku 4 pc set, it treats each applied EP as 75 spirit spent, so gives the bonus Sunwoku dmg for each EP.

(As)Use it while you can as I can't see it making 2.1 final in it's present form (unfortunately, as it's about the only build that makes 2-handers viable)

Vid of it in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yoRtf3bfPI&feature=youtu.be

TTOOLL

wow, I was leveling my WD up and discovered something amazing. If you socket a nice ruby in the weapon you get really overpower. I'm level 46 destroying T1, I think I could do T3 but speed is more important now. Awesome. I might level up other classes to 70 now.
Why didn't anyone tell me this before? ='(

I've heard it does, but I haven't found a pair yet.

^^Red or Green doing more damage depends. I use green, but I've heard red works better for some builds.

TTOOLL

I've heard it does, but I haven't found a pair yet.

^^Red or Green doing more damage depends. I use green, but I've heard red works better for some builds.

green works when you crit, right. Red works all the time. I mean, I had 4000 dps and when I socketed it jumped to 12000. I got a nice leg and it's now 21k.

yeah there's a certain threshold where crit damage makes more sense than raw damage since it's a % bonus.

you'll eventually want to get your crit chance up around 60%. at that point crit damage really explodes your DPS.

Celegus

green works when you crit, right. Red works all the time. I mean, I had 4000 dps and when I socketed it jumped to 12000. I got a nice leg and it's now 21k.

For leveling up, definitely red gems. But for 70, it's pretty much all emeralds all the time.

Raticus79

Yeah, red gems are great for leveling because they're a fixed base damage amount instead of a percentage. The old hellfire ring is better than the new hellfire ring for the first few solo levels for this reason.

Opiate

Just checking in guys. Is there any suggestion that Blizzard will bring back the market, or that there will ever be any meaningful way for players to create their own market?

Just checking in guys. Is there any suggestion that Blizzard will bring back the market, or that there will ever be any meaningful way for players to create their own market?

I haven't heard anything concrete, no.
I understand why, but it does make things trickier. There should just be some restrictions.

Too much gear that someone else could use.

Ayumi

Quite sure that their market will never come back. When the AH shut down, people were so happy. Surely there were probably some people who saw it as a bad thing, but Blizzard needs a large audience for something to happen. I never saw any complaints about the AH being removed either.

We never know if they will improve the trading system though. Right now I don't even know why the option is still there. I think the closest we'll ever get is the sub forum on the official Blizzard forums. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/3354991/

Raticus79

Nope. They've affirmed the stance a few times too. Wyatt said they wanted to give the new system "room to breathe". I doubt they'll ever bring it back due to the increased support costs associated with loading the servers with commercial botters, support requests due to account theft, etc.

In the mean time, some botters are selling stacks of dyes as a way to transfer gold. Lots of people selling leveling services.

Celegus

The whole account bound drops can be pretty annoying when you find that thing you know someone's been looking for, but have no use for it. But overall I'm okay with it. Encourages people to play together and gives you a better sense of ownership of your characters. Definitely glad they went this route and shut down the auction house at least, game is in a much better place now.

Opiate

Nope. They've affirmed the stance a few times too. Wyatt said they wanted to give the new system "room to breathe". I doubt they'll ever bring it back due to the increased support costs associated with loading the servers with commercial botters, support requests due to account theft, etc.

In the mean time, some botters are selling stacks of dyes as a way to transfer gold. Lots of people selling leveling services.

That's expected but unfortunate. This game certainly isn't for me; it seems the expansion really changed the game for the worse. I hope others are happy all the same!

Quite sure that their market will never come back. When the AH shut down, people were so happy. Surely there were probably some people who saw it as a bad thing, but Blizzard needs a large audience for something to happen. I never saw any complaints about the AH being removed either.

I know virtually no one who still plays this game. Everyone who I knew who played Diablo quit because of the removal of the AH, including my own father. I think the D2JSP crowd (which is huge) and the non-AH crowd (also huge) simply cannot enjoy the same game, sadly. Our mechanical desires are directly opposed to one another, so design choices which benefit one group directly harm the other.

I have no idea what the population statistics are like these days. Are they averaging substantially higher than 1M/month now? The game sustained a very healthy population pre-expansion.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I can't knock making real money off playing though, that was probably the only part of the system I respected. Some players were really running a professional hustle. Would have been great to more than cover the cost of entry for the game, which I know multiple GAF players did.

I appreciate the change more because for me it makes drops and loot more worthwhile. I wish I could understand the complaints for taking away the AH system but I don't really. There are other games that cater to complexity and strategy through player based economy, so I'm not sure why someone would pin their hopes on Diablo 3 for that kind of play.

Overall I guess it was something to make Diablo 3 more interesting. As it is, as much as I have enjoyed my time playing and will continue to do so to experience the expansion, it is definitely an overall disappointment in the series and as a game in general.

rxdco07

Hey guys,

Just wanted to add some tips that really helped me in terms of progressing to t1/t2 (casual gamers) and leveling from 1-60ish. I recently returend to diablo three weeks ago, so bear with me if these tips are common sense haha.

Some tips with power leveling:

Solo (from lvl 1, just kill/progress until you find a socketed weapon), immediately put a Red Gem with the damage boost and switch the game to Master or whichever torment level you can handle. Salvage the weapon as soon as you find a better socketed weapon and reapply the gem. Try to get a sockected helmet asap as well and insert a red gem for the XP bonus. Around lvl 40 or so, can probably switch the gem to life per hit.

Group: start a game on t6 with your alt and get a level 70 buddy to kill through everything, rinse and repeat.

After you hit level 70, I would suggest doing the adventure mode - bounties (act 1/act 3 are prolly the easiest ones) on master until you gather some fragments and eventually get all lvl 70 items with a couple of legendary/set pieces. After that, run rift groups on T1 and slowly start piecing items. Gems are reallly expensive, so I would omit Marquise gems and start with the Imeprial Gems before crafting the higher-level gems.

Opiate

There are other games that do random loot drop / loot whoring, too. If the point is "there are other games to play!" you could have that sword swing both ways.

Regardless, my primary frustration is that my personal gaming preferences are always so out of sync with NeoGAF that I rarely find a situation where I seem to "fit in" gaming wise, as it were. I think games are awful at telling stories and think Metal Gear Solid is so horrifically stupid I'm embarrassed to watch the story unfold. I think Forza is derivative and fetishistic, I think Mario is boring, I don't enjoy Zelda, and I think Uncharted is an actively bad game. When I play video games, I play Chess and Go the majority of the time, which have absolutely massive communities but which are almost entirely unrepresented here on NeoGAF. My primary modern video game presently is Natural Selection 2, which has a very small community.

As such, when I do find a game I play that a large chunk of NeoGAF is also excited about, I'm happy. It's frustrating to see that the very thing I like about the game is something that everyone else here hates so much. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised at this point, though.

None of this is intended to suggest you can't enjoy the game as is, of course. I'm only expressing and explaining my personal preferences. By all means, enjoy.

That's expected but unfortunate. This game certainly isn't for me; it seems the expansion really changed the game for the worse. I hope others are happy all the same!

I'd say parts are better, parts are worse, depending on your class.

There's parts I like, but after playing some on PTR and realizing I'll have to re-gear everything on my Wizard, I'm probably done until the PS4 version in August.

Regardless, my primary frustration is that my personal gaming preferences are always so out of sync with NeoGAF that I rarely find a situation where I seem to "fit in" gaming wise, as it were. I think games are awful at telling stories and think Metal Gear Solid is so horrifically stupid I'm embarrassed to watch the story unfold. I think Forza is derivative and fetishistic, I think Mario is boring, I don't enjoy Zelda, and I think Uncharted is an actively bad game. When I play video games, I play Chess and Go the majority of the time, which have absolutely massive communities but which are almost entirely unrepresented here on NeoGAF. My primary modern video game presently is Natural Selection 2, which has a very small community.

That's tough. I thought about picking up Pure Chess, but I have no one to play with, so that was a bummer. If you enjoy Natural Selection 2, there might be a few more that could draw you in. Did you try Frozen Synapse?

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Opiate, I am curious. What would you say you liked most about the previous system with the gold and real money auction houses? What part of the auction house play specifically gave you the most enjoyment?

Opiate

Opiate, I am curious. What would you say you liked most about the previous system with the gold and real money auction houses? What part of the auction house play specifically gave you the most enjoyment?

Manipulation and comprehensive knowledge of the market. The real stock market is so efficient that manipulation of it is essentially impossible; you would have to be an inside trader to have any real hope of "gaming" the system.

The Diablo 3 AH was imperfect, however. Not surprising, of course, given that it's much smaller and the stakes were much lower. I enjoyed learning the market value not just of items but of specific stats and then applying this knowledge to profit from it. I turned 5 million gold (earned leveling up) into billions of gold simply by informed, prudent application of my knowledge of items and their worth to the marketplace at large.

I enjoy social gaming mechanics because they require knowledge both of people (how they work and what they want) and of the other game mechanics (what items are worth what? Why are they worth so much? What stats seem to be popular, and for what reason?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom