• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surprisingly they're the worst for greater rifts according to the 2.1 PTR solo leaderboards. The pet size and AI changes helped them out a lot though. I expect it'll all change once Exploding Palm gets nerfed.

Monk: 100
DH: 100 (only one)
Crus: 54
Barb: 49
Wiz: 40
WD: 37

Monks have Serenity+SSS for defense and shatter/palm for offense.

DH have the bugged Shadow's Mantle set for defense. I'm not sure what they're doing for offense though...

Had a look at the wd solo top list. As I thought, no one is running sycophants and are running stacked poison tmf dog.

1. Fetishes die. (will be resolved with leg gem that keeps pet from dying)
2. Fetishes uncontrollably kill you on reflect damage.

That's 25m ish a dmg hit potential lost due to those situations atm. Some jade doctors but they're using furnaces to make up for their awful awful awful RG kill times.

Dahbomb

I don't put much stock in those leaderboards until they release the nerf list for the broken stuff. Have to wait and see where the classes fall without OP/bugged items.

Firebird Set v3.0

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/13272867467?page=2#33
We are, indeed, redesigning the 6-Piece Set Bonus for Firebird's Finery. In this case, it's been completely redesigned, though we do want to keep Fire thematically appropriate to the set. We've removed the on-death qualifier from the set bonus, and dealing Fire damage will now cause enemies to start burning for the same amount of damage over 3 seconds, stacking up to a total of 3000% weapon damage as Fire per second. Once that cap is reached, enemies will instead burn until they die.

You'll be able to give this new set bonus a try in the next PTR patch, which we should be looking at arriving pretty soon. As always, be sure to let us know what you think when you give it a whirl!

I am willing to bet once enemies go offscreen the dot fades like WD's dot so can't just dot and run. Crazy dot stackage for MM/MB fire mages with new depth diggers.

IceMarker

And 2 weeks in Blizzard time is like 3 meetings about how to move forward in the next 6 weeks! :D

J99SgEA.gif

Xanathus

I'm hoping they take longer to polish up 2.1, there's waaaaaaaay too many problems and imbalances with how greater rifts work currently.

Dark_castle

Why does Blizzard want Wizards to go fire so damn bad?

It's mind-boggling really. It's not just Wizard. Essentially 5/6 classes have FIRE element for their endgame build.

Barbarian - Earthquake/Leap

Crusader - Darklight/Fire Starter (I know Holy shotgun is more popular, but Darklight fire is still extremely strong)

Witch Doctor - Pet/Burning Dog/Tiki Torchers (Jade Harvester may be stronger overall, but pets aren't pushover either)

Wizard - MM/Conflag/Mammoth Hydra/Molten Impact/Explosive Blast are all fire-themed

Demon Hunter - Cluster Arrow: loaded for bear/Mara

Only Monk has no viable fire build. For every other classes, fire is the best bet for dealing damage. God knows why Blizzard refuses to rectify this game design. They even flat out said that they refuse to make other elemental version of Cindercoat, and now they have a chance to CHANGE firebird, they only modify the 6set bonus (4set bonus needs lower cooldown or entirely different effect altogether) but keeping in tact of the fire element, when it could tweaked to benefit all elements.

They really just stopped at Archon in terms of encouraging multi-element endgame build for Wizard. We thought Arkhan set was a good sign Blizzard knows how to design good class set, but we're all wrong.

Edit: Though I'll say, Blizzard deserves credit for Witch Doctor and Crusader class. These two really does have multiple endgame build with different elements and sets of skills altogether, with some really well-thought class skills, passive, sets and legendary items that synergizes well with one another. I think Marauder set for DH is also pretty cool, but every other classes (Barb, Monk, Wizard) and their set are generally lackluster (aside from Monk's EP/Rimeheart combo which will be nerfed). I doubt patch 2.1 will fix all these, but we will see.

Fularu

Banned
and now they have a chance to CHANGE firebird, they only modify the 6set bonus (4set bonus needs lower cooldown or entirely different effect altogether) but keeping in tact of the fire element, when it could tweaked to benefit all elements.
It's called the Firebird set, not the cold/arcane/holy/poisonbird.

Dark_castle

Well, thematically, the set is based on the fiery phoenix. Changing the name would be a bit too simple of an answer.

Nobody cares if it's fiery phoenix or Chuck Norris. What matters is a set that is strong AND encourages build diversity. Look at Arkhan set. That's how they should design a set. A set that's powerful, fun and still open to build options.

Tal Rasha and Vyr set is trying to do something like that, but unfortunately they are weak at endgame.

Dahbomb

If they want a set that buffs your other elememts then they should buff Tal Rasha's. Fire set is clearly designed to be a Fire based set just like the Monk Lightning set is based around Lightning.

Also in PTR Cold Quake Barb is extremely viable. The crowd control with it is crazy.

And for DH, Physical Marauder is about as good as Fire Marauder.. if not better.

Honestly it's really just Wizards who have a main focus on Fire at end game. Other classes will have at least two different end game elements to choose from.

Celegus

Oh darn... just realized that I would still need Firebird gloves or chest (I think there's a chest) in order to keep using my mirrorball. Which is a shame because my firebird source is really good, but what else does wizard even have other than magic missile?

So I got this yesterday and I'm trying to figure out of I want to roll out of CDR or roll out of resource cost reduction because I know that the sentry build doesn't really use CDR at all right?
REbLVAB.jpg

scy

The Fire problem stems from the whole "if it deals more damage, it's Fire elemental" design philosophy they had for awhile. Which really shows up when the game eventually becomes "deal the most damage."

So I got this yesterday and I'm trying to figure out of I want to roll out of CDR or roll out of resource cost reduction because I know that the sentry build doesn't really use CDR at all right?

CDR is a lot more important than RCR. It's a fairly important stat at least up to ~33% or so for making the build a lot more fluid due to the Sentry cooldown. Basically third in priority after CC and CHD since IAS isn't that vital outside of breakpoints. You're aiming for Diamond in Helm, CDR on Shoulders, Gloves, and Quiver typically to handle your CDR.

Pacman2k

You want to roll off the resource cost reduction on those. Hands down.

Being able to drop sentries faster (via cooldown reduction) is a huge win for that build.

Omnicent

that ptr datamined info. So long EP.

For Wiz channeling is it now like strafe or like WD channel where it has an initial cost then thats it (the later would be to good to be true so that's probably not it. I have been out of the D3 loop thanks to MK8.)?

I had something like 3000% dmg on explosion in mind for EP fix . Man Blizz is so predictable and safe when it comes to changes on D3.

Conflagrate : The missile pierces through enemies and causes them to burn for 130% (55% before) weapon damage as Fire over 3 seconds. / Burn damage will refresh stacks up to 3 times and any Fire damage taken from you refreshes all existing stacks of Conflagrate to itstheir maximum duration.

I don't think MM dot had a cap before? It went really high the longer it went on.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Lol the changes just murdered wizard channeling viability

Wtf are you doing blizz

370% arcane torrent to start and you need to shoot for 3 seconds to get to where wiz was before? I dont really play wiz but that's awful. Should start at like 500% then scale to 1000%~

Dahbomb

RIP in peace EP.

Knee jerk reaction but Monks probably worst class in the game now.

I can't tell from reading the patch notes but it seems like they are nerfing the MM Conflagrated Wizard build. It's going to be a two way run for worst class between Monk and Wiz now (although people still have to use the new set).

Pacman2k

Yeah monks are broke now unless you're zdps.

Even happier I switched up to DH as my primary. Sentry build is a blast and looks like it will be great still in 2.1.

Vicros

• Life on Hit is no longer affected by proc coefficients and will now only be triggered once per attack, as long as that attack dealt damage

This is new, right? Seems like a bigger buff to LOH than just increasing the amount. Wonder how this will work with swarm of toads.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
  • Life on Hit is no longer affected by proc coefficients and will now only be triggered once per attack, as long as that attack dealt damage

This is new, right? Seems like a bigger buff to LOH than just increasing the amount. Wonder how this will work with swarm of toads.

also jekangboard shields now proc :>

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Weird. I have no idea why they would triple the channeling cost of tempest rush. I expect the new Flurry rune has something to do with it, but it's not even that powerful unless they're adding like 5 stacks a second...

If it's per attack, then I'm not sure about MM/MB, unless each missile counts separately.

ZenaxPure

So it looks like they are making it so you can generate fury from leap quakes again. I'm really surprised they are reverting it, but whatever. The build was more fun when you could actually do stuff in between the leaps.

Dahbomb

I think it has to be just "one activation" of a skill that hits otherwise it would be way too good.

But yeah this is much better than what they had before.

Lain

I guess I should try hard to find a Wand of Woh for my Wizard? The cap on conflagrate sounds like something that would hurt the damage from Hydra as well to me, but I'm surely wrong.

Weird. I have no idea why they would triple the channeling cost of tempest rush. I expect the new Flurry rune has something to do with it, but it's not even that powerful unless they're adding like 5 stacks a second...

After seeing the changes to the monk and wiz classes my hype levels for 2.1 are falling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom