• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark_castle

I find this particular quote regarding Wizard's raised AP initial channelling by Nevalistis hysterical.

I don't think our philosophy quite matched up with the actual changes that took place. Channeling spells, as the name implies, should be most effective when time is spent channeling them for a few seconds.

We recognize the additional Arcane Power costs we implemented in the initial 2.1 PTR didn't accomplish this goal, but rather disincentivized using these skills. In the next PTR, you'll find we've removed the upfront Arcane Power cost from Arcane Torrent, Disintegrate, and Ray of Frost. In addition, the damage these abilities do with now scale upward over time, rewarding you for spending additional time channeling.

These changes more accurate portray our design intent for these skills - that the longer you channel, the more reward it brings. Let us know what you think, especially once we patch the PTR and you can give these changes a try in practice. :)

Does nobody in the Blizzard company has any sort of common sense (when it comes to Diablo 3) before they even made the decision to make this change to begin with? I mean sure it's just PTR, and I get their intention to entice Wizards to channel longer, but 30(!!!) AP just to initiate channelling, and with Energy Armor taking away 20AP, average Wizard is sitting around 110 AP. At higher difficulties, you want to keep moving because elite affixes hits hard, so you got to hit and run often, so 30, 30, 30, AP payment for NOTHING.

Just what the fuck, whoever is currently in charge of Wizard class is a massive idiot, and everyone who read this proposal and say, "Yeaaa.....this might work!" need to be fired immediately. To this day, I can't believe they actually put this nerf out there and expect Wizard to test it and see if they like the change.

Big motherfucking middle finger to you, Blizzard, and whoever is in charge of Wizard class in general. Thanks for wasting people's precious time by releasing IDIOTIC change like that and see what the response is like.

I am starting to believe Blizzard is truly giving up on the Wizard class, and no, the buff to MM and Hydra does not solve everything.

Furious charge getting treatment in next PTR update.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/13271387411?page=3#46
There's a bunch of awesome Furious Charge changes coming to the PTR soon™. We’re making some improvements to its pathfinding, increasing its travel distance and speed, and polishing it up to make sure using this skill is a more smooth experience. Items will also synergize better with Furious Charge – Vile Ward is being revamped with a sweet new Legendary power for Furious Charge and +% Damage to Furious Charge is being added as a possible item affix for 2-handed Mighty Weapons, Shoulders, and Chest pieces. Overall, you should see some significant buffs here. Hopefully they'll all be making the next PTR build and you can let us know how they feel! :)

Shifty76

Just cleared tier 29 solo on my monk, using none of that shatter palm silliness. 30 will be doable with decent density I think.

Duress

I don't feel like they're making it fair, as far as challenge goes.

If I play higher levels, I feel like I'm just kiteing things, otherwise I'm getting killed by one hit.

Are you basically just grind paragon levels to the point where it gets easier for you?

Ayumi

This just happened. Same set plan dropped 1 minute apart. Bug, or just very coincidental? Never seen/had it happen before.

GR3EuMO.png

Nymerio

This just happened. Same set plan dropped 1 minute apart. Bug, or just very coincidental? Never seen/had it happen before.

Happend twice to me because I thought I'd learn the recipe when I get back to town. Now I always go back immediately to learn.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Weird, One of Xa'rith's (Act 3 Keywarden) mirror images just dropped loot. Got a key of war. :eek:

Or maybe the loot drop from one of the goblins I was fighting at the same time jumped to the illusion somehow and was grabbed from its pool? ?_?

IlludiumQ36

Finally got a Kridershot......

....at level 53 Hardcore.

Getting to 70 is such a chore as it is - then you get a slap in the face like that.

Shifty76

Finally got a Rimeheart and Frostburn gloves, shame the spec is going down the shitter soon.

Invis just blitzed the previous time record for tier 100 on the solo monk board. Did it in 7:30 or so. Must have been some dense rifts to do it in that time. Abuse that combo while you can!

Finally got a Kridershot......

....at level 53 Hardcore.

Getting to 70 is such a chore as it is - then you get a slap in the face like that.

This is why I think season/ladders in D3 isn't going to work and 2.1 is going to lose more people.. Campaign + 1-70 is the worst experience you can have in this game, nothing is different every reset. You're leveling that same character you had up to 70 and get gear until it's torment capable again and then farm the same as usual for random chance at new legs.

That new WD leg better be damn awesome or I'm not even going to bother.

Jrmint

I got a double key drop from Act IV Keywarden. o_O
There was recently a blue post which said all key wardens have a chance of dropping other act keys in addition to their own. This happened to my friend also and I wasn't aware of it before then.

Pickman

Anyone else getting crazy luck on hand-me-downs lately?

My Barb was a fresh 70 decked out in a bunch of yellows and lvl 61 legendaries.

I had a few good runs on my Crusader and got him set up with the lightning spec rocking Shard of Hate and Fulminator dual wield.

My character profile

Are there any pieces you know of that cross over well with the other mainstat pairs? (Monk=DH; Wiz=WD)

MrDaravon

Anything in particular that people are doing right now to prepare for 2.1? Obviously you can't prepare for seasons, but what about other changes? At a glance only thing I'm seeing is maybe farm keys/organs to prep for Hellfire amulets, and maybe stock up on frags?

cdyhybrid

Anything in particular that people are doing right now to prepare for 2.1? Obviously you can't prepare for seasons, but what about other changes? At a glance only thing I'm seeing is maybe farm keys/organs to prep for Hellfire amulets, and maybe stock up on frags?

I'm going to be doing a seasonal character, so I have no reason to play at all right now =\

This encompassed my weekend. I've got two organs. A machine for each realm and enough keys to make two more machines.

I used all the damn rift frags I've farmed though. Need to farm some more.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
For Sets the buffs have been retroactive. For standard Legendaries the buffs will not be retroactive.

Have they really? I remember back in patch 1.X that that legacy set items and new set items were separate (e.g. you couldn't get set bonuses from wearing both old and new items of a same set).

Dahbomb

Have they really? I remember back in patch 1.X that old set that legacy set items and new set items were separate (e.g. you couldn't get set bonuses from wearing both old and new items of a same set).
They retroactively buffed the Wizard and DH sets on the PTR. They also retroactively buffed the Monk sets in the current patch.

They are planning to buff the Firebird and the Invoker sets (again) so I would hold on to those if you have them.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
They retroactively buffed the Wizard and DH sets on the PTR. They also retroactively buffed the Monk sets in the current patch.

They are planning to buff the Firebird and the Invoker sets (again) so I would hold on to those if you have them.

Oh okay, great. Too bad no wizard sets seem to be buffed this time around.

Celegus

I hope they do take another look at Firebird's, it's pretty pitiful even with the new bonus. I'd love for the 4 set bonus to be worthwhile as well, not just the 6.

I won't be playing much for a while though; I broke my foot on Saturday and that doesn't mix well with my standing desk. I have a whole other set of problems with sitting, so it appears that I have a summer of laying in bed or on the couch. Which really sucks, because all my other hobbies are outdoors.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
I hope they do take another look at Firebird's, it's pretty pitiful even with the new bonus. I'd love for the 4 set bonus to be worthwhile as well, not just the 6.

I won't be playing much for a while though; I broke my foot on Saturday and that doesn't mix well with my standing desk. I have a whole other set of problems with sitting, so it appears that I have a summer of laying in bed or on the couch. Which really sucks, because all my other hobbies are outdoors.

Maybe get one of those rolling scooter things people prop their casts on?

https://www.goodbyecrutches.com

Edit: or just pile up some pillows on a box of the appropriate height and get around with crutches otherwise.

scy

Entertaining crash+burn thread for MathGAF:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/2a1w18/lets_take_a_closer_look_at_area_damage/

OP was convinced we were all massively underestimating the value of area damage, did a whole bunch of tables and spreadsheets. The twist:
forgot to divide by the number of monsters

This is the sole reason why whenever I did math related posts for EO/Disgaea/any game ever, I'd spend an extra few hours (/day, if complex enough) double-checking my numbers to make sure I didn't do this.

...of course, I still screwed it up every single time ever.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
How are WD doing in the 2.1 ptr?

Surprisingly they're the worst for greater rifts according to the 2.1 PTR solo leaderboards. The pet size and AI changes helped them out a lot though. I expect it'll all change once Exploding Palm gets nerfed.

Monk: 100
DH: 100 (only one)
Crus: 54
Barb: 49
Wiz: 40
WD: 37

Monks have Serenity+SSS for defense and shatter/palm for offense.

DH have the bugged Shadow's Mantle set for defense. I'm not sure what they're doing for offense though...

Shifty76

Surprisingly they're the worst for greater rifts according to the 2.1 PTR solo leaderboards. The pet size and AI changes helped them out a lot though. I expect it'll all change once Exploding Palm gets nerfed.

DH have the bugged Shadow's Mantle set for defense. I'm not sure what they're doing for offense though...

Yeah with EP nerf monk will drop below WD unless we get some accompanying buffs. Highest I've seen a non-shatter palm monk was tier 30. Best I managed with Raiment spec was 29, but I think 30 is doable with the right rift

Pepto

Banned

Really hard to say anything about the leaderboards. Top classes are using bugged gear or specs that will be nerfed.

No idea how crusaders and barbs are getting so far. Looked at Alkaizers stream archives and he is having huge trouble beating 33/34. I can't find that tier 45 run but if someone finds it I would like to see it.

Kinda feel bad for Wizards. Looks like the top players use Rimeheart and Frostburns and that will most likely be nerfed. And even with that op gear they are "only" doing lvl 40.

I gotta ask, does the expansion have cut scenes? Im currently at Malthael, the last fight and I've seen no cut scenes what so ever the entire expansion. Is my game bugging or did Blizzard get rid of the pre rendered cut scenes?

I gotta ask, does the expansion have cut scenes? Im currently at Malthael, the last fight and I've seen no cut scenes what so ever the entire expansion. Is my game bugging or did Blizzard get rid of the pre rendered cut scenes?
Ho boy! Wait until you beat Malthael.

ItsFuckingNothing.gif

V_Arnold

So...when will 2.1 hit Live? Before PoE's new permanent leagues next month? Or after console release? (Which would be a shame :p).

robochimp

This expansion was definitely pushed out the door faster than they planned. They had to save the game, so they appropriately focused gameplay. I would bet the next expansion will have the production value we expect from Blizzard.

This expansion was definitely pushed out the door faster than they planned. They had to save the game, so they appropriately focused gameplay. I would bet the next expansion will have the production value we expect from Blizzard.

Yeah I can sort of see that. Just finished Act 5, not even a finishing cut scene. God damn Blizzard, not what I expected. The last boss fight felt super cheap as well, the entire game I'd played through on Master not problem, then BAM last boss fight and I was getting curb stomped. It reminded me of the last boss in Wolfenstein (2009), easy game until the final fight with cheap mechanics.

But I'm eager to try out Adventure Mode, hopefully that can't be bad. Maybe I'll level my Crusader through it.

yeah once you unlock adventure mode it's the only way to play the game. the story is awful and unfun. but rifts are great and are getting better with the next patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom