• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pacman2k

Anyone want to take a look at my current DH with the typical Marauder 6 (5) piece build? Looking for advice on improving it.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/PsychoPowaa-1568/hero/13500458

At a glance:

Diamond in the helm.
Reroll shoulders for Sentry dmg.
Reroll boots for CA dmg.
Reroll quiver for Sentry dmg. (tough roll.)

With a 1 hand xbow you likely dont need all the AS you have sprinkled on your gear, especially with taskers. If you go 2-handed it might matter. Do you know what your sentry APS is?

kuYuri

Oh yeah, don't worry about the topaz in the helm, I was just testing to see how much if the extra magic find does make any kind of difference, heh. :p

Thank for the advice!

EDIT: oh forgot to mention, I have an SoJ that adds phys dmg. Is it worth giving up Natalya buffs for SoJ? I feel like I get alot of use out of the Nat buffs.

Dahbomb

If you have a good Xbow to replace it then yea you can replace it.

The extra Discipline is nice though, hard to give up even for more damage.

Got a chance to fail without DCing (requires you to fail past 15 minutes in a GRift and then kill guardian). Here's the upgrade chance at Greater Rift 31
aO0sCvX.jpg

It upgrades 1 rank. Repeat Grifits 1-30+ over 50 times to gain that 2nd ability!

Mini-Conduit 500% -> 550%

You have a chance to upgrade the rank by more than one. On my first time, my elite damage gem jumped from 1 to 3.

Dunno the max though

Shifty76

No luck with gambling a Madstone so tried some GRifts on my Raiment monk.

Since they got rid of the stun rune on DS (GRRR) I switched out my Vaxo for a higher dps ammy and grabbed the barrage rune instead.

Pretty nice synergy with jawbreaker & Raiment actually. I'd dash between packs and barrage would continue to tick between dashes.

Paused for the moment at tier 27, which puts me at #12 on the solo monk board. No surprse to see that it's all Raiment spec builds in the top 10 considering monk doesn't have any other spec that can deal comparable dmg, even with BiS rolls on all the BiS items.

I was a little surprised that monk seems to be holding it's own compared to other classes. Still ranked the lowest, but the gap isn't as big as I had expected it to be.

Might try out the lightning EP instead of blind as I'm finding that I really miss the EP from my Vaxo clones for quickly clearing elites.

Dahbomb

Game crashed at 36 Greater Rift. I did get this new Legendary from a previous Rift:

Screenshot040.jpg

That's almost 200% more damage on Rapid Fire at max stack.

I normally have a SOJ plus Andariels (both Physical) on this build but I wanted to test out the new Legendary Gems so I had a Nat Ring lying around with a socket that I comboed with a Nat Helm.

Right now the Holy damage Gem (Smite) is pretty damn insane especially for classes that can proc it a ton.

Dahbomb

I made a build with DH using the Holy Smite Legendary gem.

It makes Strafe semi-viable. You can complete T6 with it but beyond that you will have difficulty.

I have combined it with Marauder 4 piece plus + Cindercoat + Tasker and Theo or Magefists + 3 piece Nat set bonus + Double Danettas + for additional Hatred regen and Haunt of Vaxo. Holy Smite gem is in the Nat's ring, it's hard to see.

Screenshot042.jpg

(Don't mind the gems I had replaced them after I took this pic)

Basically I just Tumble around and spawn some clones then start Strafing. Strafing has a good chance to proc those Holy smite on enemies and your minions proc the Smite proc too.

You can also forgo the Cindercoat + Magefist/T&T and instead go for the new Shadow set with perma Shadow Power. That gives you way more survivability but without Cindercoat your Strafe drains Hatred really quickly.

I have 4 piece Marauder because I can use Companion to top up and then also use the Preparation rune that gives Hatred. I have Reapers Wraps as well.

Main issue with this build is that if there is a huge pack then the damage is spread out very badly and you can't kill stuff fast enough. Against light but heavier enemies it's actually effective because the procs are concentrated on fewer targets. And of course since you are Strafing as opposed to laying down Sentries you are in harms way. Your Companions still do a decent job of taking the heat off you but it's still not as safe as 6 piece Marauder build.

I would still not use this over a 6 piece Marauder set but with more Gem incorporation (like the Conduit which works similat to the Smite one) we could definitely see more builds like this in the future.

Fularu

Banned
All the greater rifts I've been into so far have had terrible density. Like I'm running half the time in empty corridors.

Ayumi

Been trying to get a new Mirrorball for so long now. I think I've gotten every other source in the game instead, including 4 Tal's within a week.

ZenaxPure

Been trying to get a new Mirrorball for so long now. I think I've gotten every other source in the game instead, including 4 Tal's within a week.

I think I've spent around 15k shards (possibly more, I lost count) at this point trying to get one for my wizard, it's ridiculous. I usually get about 2 shitty firebird sources each time. So annoying.

Do Wizard channeling skills still drain AP over time or is it just a one-time up front AP cost now?

Removed initial AP cost. Drains AP over time. The longer you channel, the MOAR damage it gets!! (with a cap)

The catch is.....
the base damage starts off really low. You only break even to current live server's skills at about 3-4 seconds

ElyrionX

Removed initial AP cost. Drains AP over time. The longer you channel, the MOAR damage it gets!! (with a cap)

The catch is.....
the base damage starts off really low. You only break even to current live server's skills at about 3-4 seconds

Yeah this is stupid as hell. Channeling for 5 seconds is already quite hard as you run out of AP really fast not even accounting for how vulnerable you are. It'd make sense if it's a one-time cost but of course, either no one at Blizzard plays the Wiz class or they are total braindead retards. The fact that they thought it'd be a good idea to add a 30 AP initial cost to channeling spells illustrates this perfectly.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

The catch is.....

Correction

You start doing equal damage to live at about 3 seconds... but cumulative damage it takes about 7 seconds to do more damage on PTR than live

Shifty76

I'm not playing monk if the raiment build is the build to play. That shit gives me a headache.

I think Tempest Rush Flurry + Sunwoku set will be T6 capable.

I was just running T3 with my old zdps gear (400k dps) and it felt faster than the live TR + Inner Fire spec.

Working on converting my gems I have about 1500 marquise of each.

I'm not making a dent -_-

They really need a mass craft that doesn't take O(n) time to perform it. Either just instacraft all of them or do it like GW2 where it progressively speeds up to a ridiculous rate as you craft more and more in a single go.

Dahbomb

I was just running T3 with my old zdps gear (400k dps) and it felt faster than the live TR + Inner Fire spec.
That's because Exploding Palm is REALLY good at clearing lower level content now. Anything below T6 it does really well against... better than old EP in fact.

It's just that the higher you get into Greater Rifts the worse it starts to get. The old EP was the opposite... it just kept getting better with monster HP.

Shifty76

That's because Exploding Palm is REALLY good at clearing lower level content now. Anything below T6 it does really well against... better than old EP in fact.

It's just that the higher you get into Greater Rifts the worse it starts to get. The old EP was the opposite... it just kept getting better with monster HP.

Oh, that wasn't using zdps spec. It was using TR Flurry.

Highest crit so far is 440m. Not bad with 635k sheet dps :D

Duress

They really need a mass craft that doesn't take O(n) time to perform it. Either just instacraft all of them or do it like GW2 where it progressively speeds up to a ridiculous rate as you craft more and more in a single go.

I really wish they would short cut conversions. I hate waiting to convert 3 gems,3 gems, 3, gems, to finally get to the next tier. I'd like something that would give the tier in one go.

Insaniac

how active is D3 GAF? I want to join the clan or community cause the only person I normally play D3 with is extremely busy lately so i've been soloing and its booooooring. I want to gear up my crusader.

Dreavus

The catch is.....

God this sounds very bad. Standing still for that long is usually suicide.

Eliciel

how active is D3 GAF? I want to join the clan or community cause the only person I normally play D3 with is extremely busy lately so i've been soloing and its booooooring. I want to gear up my crusader.

I second that who is even in the leading position and invites new members? I'm just asking this because some people ingame asked me and I wasn't quite sure about this and atm I can't login due to a business trip.

ZenaxPure

I've been at the hospital all week so I haven't been on at all, but I can invite anyone that needs it, we should still have a couple of spots (NA side). I was planning on playing later tonight since this is my first full day home in a while.

Eliciel

I've been at the hospital all week so I haven't been on at all, but I can invite anyone that needs it, we should still have a couple of spots (NA side). I was planning on playing later tonight since this is my first full day home in a while.

All right thanks buddy! I hope you're doing all right again? I should have stated this in the first place, but I was talking about EU side. Who's in charge for that? :)

ZenaxPure

The NA clan is still full at the moment.

Also an amazing set of posts from Druin on where Monks are at and why they're more or less totally fucked right now: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/13423172406

Yeah, last time I invited we still had 2 slots. Looks like those got filled up while I've been out.

Anyhow, Monk does bum me out right now. The more I play with the raiment set the less I like it (it's fine as a build in concept, it just feels really clunky to play imo) which doesn't leave a lot of options (really just shatter monk right now, which I do actually like, but at least the current form of that is dead on the PTR). That said, we actually had this discussion a few weeks ago in this thread, but a lot of the problems he mentions aren't exclusive to monk. It just fucks them more because their items aren't as good as the other classes.

Really the only resource spenders in the game right now with a viable endgame build (where you actually use those abilities...) are the ones with items that make the spender really strong, which obviously most abilities (like 90% of them?) don't have.

I'm getting pretty frustrated with the game. I feel like I can't get my crusader or DH into that comfortable T6 range, despite the hours I put into them.

It feels like a slog at this point, and I'm losing motivation.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
I'm giving my wizard some rest now that my Crusader just made it to 70. It's a lot a of fun, but what stats/gear/skills should I be aiming for?

I'd like to do a shield/block-reliant build, but are those any good? What's a good starter build (I have mostly crap gear)?

[EDIT] Also, is Shield Bash affected in any way by attack speed?

Dahbomb

The NA clan is still full at the moment.

Also an amazing set of posts from Druin on where Monks are at and why they're more or less totally fucked right now: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/13423172406
Stuff most Monks have said multiple times already. EP nerf should've come with substantial buffs to other skills and Monk items but didn't.

TLDR version of that post + some of my opinions:

*Spirit generators suck in terms of generating Spirit and dealing damage. Most Monks either use passive Spirit Regen or use EP SS to gain Spirit. Spirit generator that is used is WotH which is only really used for procs as it has best proc coef.

*Spirit spenders suck in terms of damage efficiency. Even if you can spam WoL infinitely it doesn't compete with other classes and that's the Monks most powerful Spirit spender.

*SSS is underwhelming in dealing damage to any more than two enemies on screen. Having resource cost on it is a joke to begin with and CDR is still fairly high for what it brings.

*Sunwoko set is still underwhelming because 2H still suck. Inna's set is also fairly underwhelming. Raiment 4 set bonus is butt cheeks and the build overall is clunky to use. Shenlongs might as well not even exist in the game.

*TR got an unwarranted nerf.

*New STI sucks. Attack speed doesn't really matter for Monks nowadays... there is no build they have or can have that would benefit from iAS. They basically always want CDR and double crit.

*Blizzard doesn't seem to understand that having an item or set bonus that makes SW last for a minute is utterly useless. As is a set bonus that reduces its resource cost. Only way the resource cost thing would matter if SW had an active component where you got a burst damage from first activating it which in all honestly would be pretty cool.

*Monks innate healing skills suck and so does LPSS unless you have an insane amount of it.

MrDaravon

My fresh HC 70 WD has already found a fantastically rolled Hwoj Wrap and Harringtons, and good rolls on a Zuni Helm, Skorn, and Jade gloves. I'm only playing HC to work on achievements, I feel like the game is trolling me and/or trying to tell me to play HC.

iirate

Stuff most Monks have said multiple times already. EP nerf should've come with substantial buffs to other skills and Monk items but didn't.

TLDR version of that post + some of my opinions:

*Spirit generators suck in terms of generating Spirit and dealing damage. Most Monks either use passive Spirit Regen or use EP SS to gain Spirit. Spirit generator that is used is WotH which is only really used for procs as it has best proc coef.

*Spirit spenders suck in terms of damage efficiency. Even if you can spam WoL infinitely it doesn't compete with other classes and that's the Monks most powerful Spirit spender.

*SSS is underwhelming in dealing damage to any more than two enemies on screen. Having resource cost on it is a joke to begin with and CDR is still fairly high for what it brings.

*Sunwoko set is still underwhelming because 2H still suck. Inna's set is also fairly underwhelming. Raiment 4 set bonus is butt cheeks and the build overall is clunky to use. Shenlongs might as well not even exist in the game.

*TR got an unwarranted nerf.

*New STI sucks. Attack speed doesn't really matter for Monks nowadays... there is no build they have or can have that would benefit from iAS. They basically always want CDR and double crit.

*Blizzard doesn't seem to understand that having an item or set bonus that makes SW last for a minute is utterly useless. As is a set bonus that reduces its resource cost. Only way the resource cost thing would matter if SW had an active component where you got a burst damage from first activating it which in all honestly would be pretty cool.

*Monks innate healing skills suck and so does LPSS unless you have an insane amount of it.

It's so clear that we need a crusader-style revamp, and Blizzard doesn't seem interested in giving it to us.

All of our dodge actives are terrible and Mantra of Retribution doesn't fit the class at all. Our defensive actives need better utility, as they're really only used normally with their one or two glyphs that actually make them worthwhile. The base skills(particularly Breath of Heaven) ate just sad.

I have no interest in the other classes, so unless Blizzard actually gives monk the attention it needs, I'm probably done.

Celegus

Oh darn... just realized that I would still need Firebird gloves or chest (I think there's a chest) in order to keep using my mirrorball. Which is a shame because my firebird source is really good, but what else does wizard even have other than magic missile?

First rift as wizard since I said that and the only legendary I got was trifecta firebird gloves with 740 int. Waitin' on you 2.1.

Fularu

Banned
wow. I thought it was a few weeks away. Didn't realize blizzard PTR's run that long.

The PTR is still prety buggy, gems have been implemented and then disabled (are they enabled again?), seasons haven't been tested (yet) and balancing is still rather far off.

I'm not expecting 2.1 before the console versions hit.

MrDaravon

the fuck ?

So almost 2 months before this game gets interesting again.

Do PTR drops carry over when 2.1 hits ?

No, that wouldn't even really make sense given that items exist now in PTR with stats/affixes/properties that will never exist in Live. It is completely ridiculous how long it's taken them to get Ladders out, if anything they should have prioritized getting that out before 2.1 patch stuff if needed. Interest in the game has significantly dropped, and all I see from people on the outside whenever the game or the console version comes up is people saying how half of the classes in the game are busted and no one plays it anymore. They have an entirely different set of problems now then they did in vanilla D3; it's still a better game right now then vanilla ever was (unless you're playing Monk or Wiz arguably), but they fumbled post-launch.

Dahbomb

@DahBomb @Diablo GAF

Any general tips on my DH?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/JayHayabusa-2672/hero/40811808

What is the difference between having physical or fire on my Reaper's? Have another set with 20% Fire Damage but putting them on decreses my sheet DPS by about 10k.

Thx
If you are going with Fire spec (which you should):

*Helm - Replace Amethyst with a Diamond.
*Shoulder - Roll Life % into Sentry damage
*Chest - Not sure if you are able to but if you can get a roll on the Cindercoat I would try to roll that Companion into Vitality or Sentry damage.
*Replace all Gems in Chest/Pants with Diamonds.
*I would replace Sharpshooter Passive with Ballistic or Steady Aim. Sharpshooter is reset if your animals crit so it's not as useful as you may think HOWEVER for your gear I would say SS is decent because your CC is low. I would say for now keep SS but you really want more CC on your gear and eventually replace SS from your passive for the other two.
*Replace Multishot Full Broadside with Arsenal as it's a Fire skill
*You don't really need Preparation Punishment as you don't really need that much Hatred to spam skills with. Your Sentry will out damage you pretty easily so it's more important for you to have Sentries up faster than to have Hatred up so you can spam CA. I would honestly replace it with Smoke Screen Lingering Fog.
*Roll attack speed on your Krede Flame into Crit chance although you should work towards a Stone of Jordan of course. You can even get a Nat's Ring instead of that as your would get a ton of much needed crit chance from it.
*I would also roll the crit hit damage on your gloves into crit chance. Reason being that your crit chance is SIGNIFICANTLY lacking. I only see on your Bracer and Helm... your CC must be pretty low.

Sheet DPS is completely irrelevant. You will be dishing out more damage with the Fire Reapers Wrap (assuming the Crit chance is about the same) as your build is Fire based (you have Cindercoat plus the Amulet).

As far as Fire vs Physical goes, most people don't seem to think there is much of a difference between the two. Physical spec has advantage of your pets hitting harder and faster (because you will probably have Tasker and Theo on that build as well) but Fire spec you get that additional Fire+% damage on your gear for your Sentries to hit harder in addition you have more Rockets on screen to take advantage of Ballistics passive if you need to. In addition, the Fire skills tend to do more damage on their own. For a Fire build people generally prefer to get the Marauder chest and go with Magefist because the resource cost reduction isn't that needed on this build. Overall I personally think Fire build edges out in raw damage because TnT don't make a huge difference. It's really your Sentries that do most of the damage and they aren't dramatically affected by TnT from what I can tell.

On a side note that Marauder helm is god damn insane!

Ayumi

Yeah, last time I invited we still had 2 slots. Looks like those got filled up while I've been out.

Just a question, since the clan never has more than 20 members online (usually only a handful whenever I'm online), is there no option to remove members inactive for x amount of time? I know that there's a chance of people returning.. I just hate to see the clan so inactive, not being able to take in active members since the memberlist is full.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom