• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celegus

Whoa huge Heavenly Strength nerf? Where'd that come from? I guess I'll stop hoping for a FotF and be happy with my awesome Darklight after all. I also ran Maximus sometimes but no more now.

Edit: Oh that's why. About time they made 2H feasible for other classes (but still probably not)!

Dahbomb

Yea I was about to talk about the Heaven's Strength nerf until I saw that they are buffing 2H damage.

Curious to see how they stack up now. It was pretty obvious that they were reticent about buffing 2Hs because of the Heavenly Strength passive (makr 2H better than 1H, 2H become absurd on Crusader).

I hope the values of non damage stats are also accordingly adjusted for 2H.

Dahbomb

Too bad our spenders are terrible and we still have no spender-boosting legendaries to make them useful other than FoA
They actually buffed Wave of Light.

Combined with the new Daibo that reduces resource cost of WoL, the 2H buffs and the Sunwoko set.... you can make a Monk Holy WoL build that hits fairly hard. Still not top tier but it's better that what we had before.

Shifty76

They actually buffed Wave of Light.

Combined with the new Daibo that reduces resource cost of WoL, the 2H buffs and the Sunwoko set.... you can make a Monk Holy WoL build that hits fairly hard. Still not top tier but it's better that what we had before.
Yeah maybe. We'll see

So what 2 handers are worth keeping now?

I went through the list and found nothing worth using so far for non crusaders. Actually looking at 2h, I notice like 80% of them have no effect and the ones that do are usually junk except for Maximus and Furnace. Those new 2h passives will have to be big to make up for non interesting 2handers lol.

Dahbomb

Yeah there are a lot of "vanilla" 2H weapons in the game.

I would say Schaeffer's Hammer, Maximus, Furnace, Flying Dragon, Smoldering Core, The Tormentor (for your Enchantress), Scourge, Stalgard's, Blade of Prophecy, Cam's Rebuttal, Flow of Eternity, Warstaff of General Quang, Baleful Remnant, Fate of the Fell, Golden Flense, Mortal Drama, Fury of the Vanished Peak, Immortal King's are worth keeping around at least for testing purposes.

In 2.1 Incense Torch of the Grand Temple is going to be pretty good for Monk but no point in holding on to those now as the change for them won't be retroactive.

They really have to buff a bunch of these "vanilla" weapons. SO MANY useless Legendary weapons in the game. At least they are getting there slowly.

Dahbomb

Forked Lightning - Does fire damage

Blizzard, I can't even

They are probably going to change it's name in some patch down the line. This is pretty much how they do stuff these days... usually they will make a change in the PTR like an elemental change and then go back to change the name because they realized it doesn't match.

Insaniac

They are probably going to change it's name in some patch down the line. This is pretty much how they do stuff these days... usually they will make a change in the PTR like an elemental change and then go back to change the name because they realized it doesn't match.

True, but it kinda bothers me that blizzard is changing the best lightning signature spell to fire.

Insaniac

I mean, I assume it's just that one rune. Not really a big deal.

yeah thats what I meant. Forked Lightning is IMO the best rune for electrocute, and is what I use with my lightning build, so its a little frustrating having to switch knowing that all the other runes are inferior.

TripleT1

Diablo fans updated the data mined info with new textures and pics. There's a new set and it looks like something the crusader would wear.

New crus set incoming?

That is most definitely a crusader set.

Wonder if they've updated the invoker set this patch? I think that was supposed to be a crusader set.

ZenaxPure

yeah thats what I meant. Forked Lightning is IMO the best rune for electrocute, and is what I use with my lightning build, so its a little frustrating having to switch knowing that all the other runes are inferior.

Oh yeah, that is pretty annoying. I had a similar thing happen with my Demon Hunter when I was gearing him up (that HA rune that got turned into an ice rune iirc). Oh well, can't do anything about it I guess.

Wow..the new PTR changes are pretty good. They probably still haven't looked at meteor & arcane orb yet Interesting buffs to Blizzard. I also hate that Electrocute - Forked Lightning rune got changed to Fire. Da fuq?

And Explosive Blast cooldown reduced to 3 secs? DIdn't they just buffed the EB damage? WoWizards are gonna be such monsters. I wonder if with this cooldown reduction + EB damage buf + Firebird bufff, is their damage comparable to WD yet...

GMT +9, and it's the worst. Prime time is when I should be asleep!

The NeoGAF Mumble seemed dead so I ended up in a weird chat with some guy trying to woo me be over with his guitar. That's when I decided I'll stick with Skype. lol

I'm at GMT +8. I play 10 pm onwards. So it'll probably be your 11 pm+. Add me Booga#6818.

PTR is up.

uZwaGJn.jpg

62jaIK1.jpg

LkC3vRa.jpg

Dahbomb

You get these new transmog for getting LVL70 on Season 1 (Head and Shoulders):

Screenshot043.jpg

2H weapons were buffed. Check out the LoH on this:

Screenshot044.jpg

Dahbomb

Yeah I can just confirm that they buffed Life on Hit again. 1Hs can go up to 14-15K LoH where as 2Hs can have over 22K LoH. They buffed Paragon point LoH you can get close to 7K from it (not that much to be honest when you get so much from weapons).

The kicker? You still only get 1100 LoH from a full Amethyst in weapon LOL!

Dahbomb

Don't know I dont have a Wizard.

In other news they re-nerfed SoJ. It no longer rolls 5 Primary Affixes like it did in the previous PTR.

Dahbomb

When you first beat a Rift to get a Greater Rift you no longer get a Greater Rift Key 1 but rather you get a Greater Rift Key Infinity (with the infinite sign on it).

When you go in you in a very small dungeon (basically the area where you fight Diablo) called the Realm of Trials. You have to fight against waves of enemies on a short timer. After you beat this wave you then get the key for the next Rift (which is GR1).

I think this is bugged because even if you complete Wave 1 on time you still only progress to GR1. Does someone have some extra insight on this? This is a cool concept and IMO this is how Greater Rifts should be. It sucks going around finding enemies to kill, I would just rather have them come to me.

Edit: The way it's supposed to work is that for every Wave complete you get to pass that Greater Rift. It's still pretty buggy and is not representative of content you face in Greater Rifts. Wave 1 is much harder than Greater Rift 1. Like the timer moves way too fast or something.

Dahbomb

New Wizard changes are interesting. Quick check on 2.1. Are Greater Rifts and Leg gems exclusive to Season?
No to both.

And it can't be stressed enough that people should be saving up Jewelry with socket. And for DH Marauders and Pet WDs it's essential that you get Jewelry that doesn't have crit chance but instead has socket (because there's a gem that basically gives you 40% crit chance for free).

The crashes on PTR are really really lame... go up to GR 28, server crashes and you lose all your progress unable to upgrade your Gem.

ZenaxPure

Yep legendary gems are worth the loss of trifecta on rings

Don't really think many people are rolling with trifecta rings anyway (maybe WDs with TMF). It's impossible on rrog and not great on SoJ/Unity.

That said, reading that recent blue post about gem changes they mentioned you could use 3 gems which I didn't realize was possible (figured they'd limit you to one). I had a unity with a gem socket ready but I guess I should get some other stuff too...

Dahbomb

Don't know why you wouldn't be able to use 3... 2 rings + 1 amulet.

A combination I thought would be cool with Marauder build would be:

Enforcer: Critical chance increased on Pets (basically do not get crit chance on geat just have the big CC boost from this gem)

Zei's Stone of Vengeance : Increases your damage based on distance (since you will away from enemies any way as a Marauder)

Bane of the Powerful : Increases damage after killing Elites (after a certain upgrade rank it should basically be on all the time after killing your first Elite)

I can't actually test this because I have to re-roll all my rings and I don't have many pieces without Crit chance (as I didn't save them thinking they would be crap).

Depending on how Bane of the Trapped works with Chilled I might play that with a Frost Marauder build.

The Poison gem looks interesting as it's basically the only way Poison build might be viable on DHs. It's just too bad they removed many of DH's poison skills for some reason.

ZenaxPure

Don't know why you wouldn't be able to use 3... 2 rings + 1 amulet.

A long time spent playing Blizzard games really. They typically limit you pretty heavily when it comes to strong effects like the gems are supposed to be so I just went in assuming they would do the same here.

I mean... I'm glad it's not that way, but yeah I wasn't expecting it is all.

Dahbomb

What's the ETA on 2.1? Seems like it's been up on PTR for a longass time already.
Stuff is no where near "balanced" yet on the PTR so it's probably going to take them a lot longer. They still haven't' implemented Seasons on the PTR yet.

I wouldn't expect 2.1 any time before the end of August.

Skorrge

Neo Member
Hello,

First let me start by saying thank you for letting me join the forums. A friend turned me onto this site and it looks nothing short of awesome.

I may be new to the forums but I have been into gaming for about 30 years (I'm 34) . A couple of my current favorite games include D3 and WoW. I have recently taken a break from WoW after running a successful guild for 3 years. So that brings me to D3. I am an avid D3 player and enjoy the crusader the most right now. I enjoy running T5/T6 Rifts and I am always looking for cool people to run with.

Enough about me, thanks again for the invite and I am really interested in joining the in game clan.

~Skorrge
Battletag: Skorrge#1543

Ayumi

Don't mean to bash anyone who might feel offended at this, but

I think when you get invited to RIF for an RG (or other bounty/group acitivities) you should at least take the time to type out "Thank you". Everyone seems to just write "ty" and part within a second. To me this looks like a "I take this for granted" kind of thing. Anyone know what I mean?

I know "ty" is faster.. you're eager to join another game/move on, but it just doesn't seem that sincere. :(

Shifty76

So what 2 handers are worth keeping now?

For monks, Flying Dragon is amazing now. Incense Torch is pretty good, as is Warstaff. Flow of Eternity too.

Sunwuko got a massive set of buffs - my clones now hitting for 50-60m per as opposed to 30-40m per last PTR patch, and with the new boost to spirit regen I can spawn a TON of them.

Oh, Dashing Strike charges are now reduced by CDR, and Sunwuko set no longer gets gimped by reduced spirit cost items, which is another nice buff

ZenaxPure

Sunwuko got a massive set of buffs - my clones now hitting for 50-60m per as opposed to 30-40m per last PTR patch, and with the new boost to spirit regen I can spawn a TON of them.

So is it about on par with raiment yet? I've had the sunwuko set sitting in my stash for what feels like forever and I think I'd enjoy using it more than the dashing strike build... Assuming it was about on par of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom