• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZenaxPure

Just a question, since the clan never has more than 20 members online (usually only a handful whenever I'm online), is there no option to remove members inactive for x amount of time? I know that there's a chance of people returning.. I just hate to see the clan so inactive, not being able to take in active members since the memberlist is full.

Well, I could give some lengthy explantion about it all covering the problems the clan functions have and how we've been overcoming them, but, really at the end of the day it comes down to who needs an invite, which is almost no one right now.

We could go in right this second and kick like 50 people, but there aren't exactly 50 new people requesting an invite either. There just aren't a lot of gaf people playing right this second (which is to be expected really). We have generally been trying to make room any time someone comes to the thread and asks for an invite, it just doesn't happen that much anymore.

eek5

Just a question, since the clan never has more than 20 members online (usually only a handful whenever I'm online), is there no option to remove members inactive for x amount of time? I know that there's a chance of people returning.. I just hate to see the clan so inactive, not being able to take in active members since the memberlist is full.

You act like there are 20-30 GAFers online at a given time to fill the vacancies that would be opened up by booting 50-60 people from the clan.

Jrmint

Well, I could give some lengthy explantion about it all covering the problems the clan functions have and how we've been overcoming them, but, really at the end of the day it comes down to who needs an invite, which is almost no one right now.

We could go in right this second and kick like 50 people, but there aren't exactly 50 new people requesting an invite either. There just aren't a lot of gaf people playing right this second (which is to be expected really). We have generally been trying to make room any time someone comes to the thread and asks for an invite, it just doesn't happen that much anymore.
I have a friend that just joined Gaf who hasn't been approved yet that really would like an invite, if it'd be possible to make room for him.

JayHayabusa

@DahBomb

Thx a lot man.

Here's my updated build working on your points.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/JayHayabusa-2672/hero/40811808

Note that replacing all the gems by imperial royal diamonds will take some time cos funds are a bit limited. Should I start replacing them by Royals progressively as I go along?
Is that to up resistances and survive on T6? Does it counter the loss of raw dexterity?

For the gloves, went with Magefists cos they are better than my current Marauders. Had to forgo Cindercoat though but since I wont be spamming CA myself, I think I ll manage. Can't roll anything on the chest cos I already rolled 3 sockets.

Should I reroll crit damage instead of Crit Chance on SOJ? Had it in stash but since it showed -10% than the Krede Flame I didn't wear it!!
I have a so so Natalya's ring in stash but I ll stick with SOJ for the elite damage.

eek5

There is really no need to be snarky.

How am I being snarky? I'm asnwering your question. There really aren't enough active people to fill the inactive spots so there is no point in booting everyone from the clan. If there was a huge waiting list we'd consolidate clans again like we've done in the past.

Ayumi

How am I being snarky? I'm asnwering your question. There really aren't enough active people to fill the inactive spots so there is no point in booting everyone from the clan. If there was a huge waiting list we'd consolidate clans again like we've done in the past.

Alright. Well, I didn't mean to make it sound like I suggested to boot everyone. But ZenaxPure already implied this is not something that hasn't been thought of anyway, which I didn't know.

scy

There just aren't a lot of gaf people playing right this second (which is to be expected really).

Honestly, the PTR killed a lot of interest in coming back any time before 2.1. It's not like there's much gear I need to collect going into 2.1 anyway.

...then again, I really should hit Paragon 600 at least.

Dahbomb

You want Diamonds in your armor for your Resistances to survive T6.

Your SOJ is perfectly fine for your gear at this point. Aside from the Diamonds in the armor it's looking pretty solid overall now. Next thing I would work on is try to get Fire damage, Dex, Crit damage and Crit chance on your Amulet. Even a Rare Amulet would work fine if it gets 3 of those stats (so you can roll to the 4th).

I've got a quick class question maybe someone can help me with:

I'm starting Diablo 3 for the first time with Reaper of Souls. I've played DIablo 2 many years ago with Barbarian and Necromancer, but I certainly preferred the Barbarian style.

I'm stuck trying to decide between Barbarian and Paladin.

Any thoughts on which way to go? I think the Barbarian would be the "pure" way to go through 3 (as Paladin wasn't in there originally) but if I was choosing outright I think I'd go with Paladin. Although I don't plan on doing too much MP the first go though so it's defense buffs might not be ideal.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Streamlining the clan process: (US)

The clan was previously hidden from clan search because we were one of the biggest early clans and we were getting tons of requests from randoms. That shouldn't be as much of a problem any more since there are thousands of other 150-member clans now. I just enabled the "looking for members" setting so it'll show up in search again.

If people want in, they can just search for "NeoGAF" in the clan finder. It'll show us there along with the member count and clan description. Since the mumble info was in there, I moved that into a news post. Even though the clan is full, people can still request an invite and it'll show up as a pending request in the roster so we can see who wants in. Here's what it looks like.

88QMhMi.png
(make sure people search for "NeoGAF" and not just "GAF" because there are 30 other clans with variants of "IDGAF", etc)

I put a reminder there about joining the community. I think that'll be the best fallback process when 2.1 hits and everyone wants in again. The GAF community is at 500 members and it actually remembers enabling the chat setting now. I'm thinking of a two-tiered system here - everyone should join the community for the chat aspect, and then the most active folks are in the clan. Having it opened up for invites makes it easier for people to move back and forth. People could go "oh, I'm not going to be playing for a few months, I'll just drop down to the community" and not sweat it too much. I think it'll work out a lot better than the multi-clan approach.

The community is public and doesn't require invitation, although we can switch it to invite-only if it becomes a problem and we need to start blacklisting.

Officers: make sure the person requesting the invite is actually a NeoGAF member before accepting the invite. I usually asked them to make a verification post here or in the clan thread with their battle.net name if I can't find them with a search.

Will see how it goes for join request spam. Join requests under paragon 50 will be declined. (brutal, I know)

TL:DR
1. Join "GAF" community and click the button to activate the chat. It remembers the setting now. (some people may be satisfied with just the community since it accomplishes many of the same things as a clan)
2. Request to join the "NeoGAF" clan. Even if it says 150 members, it'll show your request for us in the roster so we can see who wants in.

rxdco07

Streamlining the clan process: (US)

The clan was previously hidden from clan search because we were one of the biggest early clans and we were getting tons of requests from randoms. That shouldn't be as much of a problem any more since there are thousands of other 150-member clans now. I just enabled the "looking for members" setting so it'll show up in search again.

If people want in, they can just search for "NeoGAF" in the clan finder. It'll show us there along with the member count and clan description. Since the mumble info was in there, I moved that into a news post. Even though the clan is full, people can still request an invite and it'll show up as a pending request in the roster so we can see who wants in. Here's what it looks like.

(make sure people search for "NeoGAF" and not just "GAF" because there are 30 other clans with variants of "IDGAF", etc)

I put a reminder there about joining the community. I think that'll be the best fallback process when 2.1 hits and everyone wants in again. The GAF community is at 500 members and it actually remembers enabling the chat setting now. I'm thinking of a two-tiered system here - everyone should join the community for the chat aspect, and then the most active folks are in the clan. Having it opened up for invites makes it easier for people to move back and forth. People could go "oh, I'm not going to be playing for a few months, I'll just drop down to the community" and not sweat it too much. I think it'll work out a lot better than the multi-clan approach.

The community is public and doesn't require invitation, although we can switch it to invite-only if it becomes a problem and we need to start blacklisting.

Officers: make sure the person requesting the invite is actually a NeoGAF member before accepting the invite. I usually asked them to make a verification post here or in the clan thread with their battle.net name if I can't find them with a search.

Will see how it goes for join request spam. Join requests under paragon 50 will be declined. (brutal, I know)

TL:DR
1. Join "GAF" community and click the button to activate the chat. It remembers the setting now. (some people may be satisfied with just the community since it accomplishes many of the same things as a clan)
2. Request to join the "NeoGAF" clan. Even if it says 150 members, it'll show your request for us in the roster so we can see who wants in.

Requested to join the NeoGAF clan #Xavier1575, best regards!

Jrmint

Anyone mind taking a look at my sentry DH for suggestions?

I feel like I've been staring at it too long.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/PyramidGod-1227/hero/37282748

Edit: I feel like my APS is too low at 1.46 but I don't see an easy way to get myself over that 1.75 breakpoint.
Those breakpoints don't come into play until 2.1 you know. Also once you equip a Kridershot it'll shoot up your attack speed to get to the next breakpoint. I think with a 2h xbow it won't be as important to hit the higher breakpoints. It also won't be as feasible since you'd had to reforge a lot of stuff to make up for the slow attack speed.

I also strongly recommend using Blood Vengeance instead of Archery. That ability combined with your Reapers will really help your hatred regen, which obviously results in more CA's.

Saw on reddit that they're adding a counter for fetish sycophants and fetish army. Cool I guess.

Still havn't found any use for using FA+SMK or Zuni 4pc set, I find addling frogs with Rhen'Ho much better at keeping up sycophants and better aoe dmg with smite gem.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/13347435316?page=3#45

Don Vu said:
Hey all,

I wanted to chime in and explain the philosophy behind the most recent Tempest Rush changes on our Public Test Realm.

We want to make Tempest Rush damage comparable to other moving-while-doing-damage skills (like Strafe and Whirlwind). Increasing the damage also meant increasing the resource cost, though.

As our internal tests have shown and some players have figured out by playing on the PTR, Tempest Rush is still infinitely sustainable with some gear and skill specialization. However, we've heard your feedback and are looking at ways to help improve that sustainability further. At the moment, we're exploring increasing both the Monk's base Maximum Spirit and Spirit regeneration from skills (which will have class-wide benefits as well). In addition to this, the next PTR build fixes an issue where Tempest Rush incorrectly has an upfront cost of 30 Spirit in addition to the channeling cost. The end goal for all these changes would be to make Tempest Rush sustainable with fewer items and skills as it is now in PTR, but still deal meaningful damage.

We don't have an ETA on when these changes might be on live the PTR. And, full disclosure: since this is a PTR, such changes are subject to iteration before the patch goes live.

Thanks for the discussion!

Well, spirit regen buffs are good news at least. I'm not too encouraged by setting the bar at strafe and WW though, lol.

I've got a quick class question maybe someone can help me with:

I'm starting Diablo 3 for the first time with Reaper of Souls. I've played DIablo 2 many years ago with Barbarian and Necromancer, but I certainly preferred the Barbarian style.

I'm stuck trying to decide between Barbarian and Paladin.

Any thoughts on which way to go? I think the Barbarian would be the "pure" way to go through 3 (as Paladin wasn't in there originally) but if I was choosing outright I think I'd go with Paladin. Although I don't plan on doing too much MP the first go though so it's defense buffs might not be ideal.

Crusader is a more well-designed character in RoS... Since that's one of the main draw the expansion. As it stands now, Crusaders are T6 viable.

They are, by no means, a defensive class. Their damage is among the highest, and have a variety of build.

Barby's have felt a bit neglected (and nerfed) since start of RoS... Possibly due to them dominating in vanilla. The PTR 2.1 is trying to address this. But don't keep your hopes up. Even changes in PTR is slow, and when there are changes, it's mostly minor tweaks.

So my vote's on the sader.

Duress

I have both IK and Earth set abilities with the RRoG.

I can't get my dps over 600k

I don't know if I should just go all out Earth set.

ZenaxPure

I have both IK and Earth set abilities with the RRoG.

I can't get my dps over 600k

I don't know if I should just go all out Earth set.

In the most ideal gear for leap quake (currently that is, the patch is an entirely different story) you don't have much sheet dps anyway. My barbarian's sheet dps is only 440k for example.

The thing with leapquake, though, is you want as much CDR as you can get without sacrificing other stats. This will eventually start to diminish the usefulness of the IK set. Just with my current CDR and Boon of Bul-Kathos alone I have my ancients up for every elite pack on normal floors and on the more densely packed ones (elite-wise) it's up enough to cycle wotb and ancients to make sure one of them is always up for a pack.

On top of that, you have to wear very specific pieces to achieve IK + MoTE which means giving up pieces that are better than the entirety of IK (for this specific build). No andariel or SoR, no harrington (though this won't be a big deal in greater rifts I guess), no Unity AND SoJ, no hexing pants. Every slot you put an IK piece in there is another piece you could equip that contributes more to the build than the entirety of IK.

Dany

Banned
The cheapest I can get the expansion is from amazon for 32 bucks. I'm curious to know if any other retailer in the US has a better offer.

Pacman2k

Those breakpoints don't come into play until 2.1 you know. Also once you equip a Kridershot it'll shoot up your attack speed to get to the next breakpoint. I think with a 2h xbow it won't be as important to hit the higher breakpoints. It also won't be as feasible since you'd had to reforge a lot of stuff to make up for the slow attack speed.

I also strongly recommend using Blood Vengeance instead of Archery. That ability combined with your Reapers will really help your hatred regen, which obviously results in more CA's.

Your comment got me thinking that Archery is pretty useless with a 2-hand xbow. I switched to Ballistics and it is making a pretty surprising impact. Going to stick with it for a while.

Thanks. :)

Dahbomb

They nerfed a bunch of Legendary Gems on the PTR.

Pretty obvious change as having just ONE OP Gem on gear could sky rocket you from tier 30 to tier 40 like that Smite gem. Although people were saying the Smite gem was bugged so who knows what's happening with that.

They nerfed a bunch of Legendary Gems on the PTR.

Pretty obvious change as having just ONE OP Gem on gear could sky rocket you from tier 30 to tier 40 like that Smite gem. Although people were saying the Smite gem was bugged so who knows what's happening with that.

I am sure they will slap an ICD on the smite gem and call it a day. So far all the gems that helped my trash clearing got hit hard. Conduit nerf to only hitting 1-2 targets is a strange one.

While farming for a Furnace with my Firestarter Crusader, I got my first Shard of Hate. Woot! Now it's just languishing in my stash...

Man, this thread moves so slowwwwwwwwwwwww these days.

Add me for games, Booga#6818. I play from 10 pm onwards, GMT+8.

Ayumi

Been wanting to start streaming on Twitch for fun, but I play on a MBP and apparently there aren't really many/any free options left after Twitch removed the support for FMLE. :(

Edit: I seem to perhaps have found a way!

Pickman

While farming for a Furnace with my Firestarter Crusader, I got my first Shard of Hate. Woot! Now it's just languishing in my stash...

Man, this thread moves so slowwwwwwwwwwwww these days.

Add me for games, Booga#6818. I play from 10 pm onwards, GMT+8.

Get a Fulminator or Odyn Son and make an insano lightning/cold barb.

Ayumi

What timezone are you in? I'd imagine most people are at work right now, like myself.

GMT +9, and it's the worst. Prime time is when I should be asleep!

The NeoGAF Mumble seemed dead so I ended up in a weird chat with some guy trying to woo me be over with his guitar. That's when I decided I'll stick with Skype. lol

Deadly

GMT +9, and it's the worst. Prime time is when I should be asleep!

The NeoGAF Mumble seemed dead so I ended up in a weird chat with some guy trying to woo me be over with his guitar. That's when I decided I'll stick with Skype. lol
This sounds hilarious hahahaha

So I had wild drop luck last night. 7 legs from one T5 rift. Even my bounties were dropping legs like crazy. Other than an SOJ they were all shit, but still crazy fun.

Still no Mara boots. I had two green boots fall too.

Ayumi

Note to self: actually maybe it's okay to play with Pickman.

Wouldn't mind listening to him/anyone singing or playing the guitar when Rifting, tbh!

So I had wild drop luck last night. 7 legs from one T5 rift. Even my bounties were dropping legs like crazy. Other than an SOJ they were all shit, but still crazy fun.

Still no Mara boots. I had two green boots fall too.

Sounds good to me! Even bad Legs are still Legs, and give you souls if you have to salvage it. (Don't skip Leg day, etc.)

P.S. Anyone is free to add me.. I'm not too active since I usually play alone (and that kinda sucks), but if I find someone fun to play with more, I can do hours and hours! Ayumi#2458 (US)

Pickman

Wouldn't mind listening to him/anyone singing or playing the guitar when Rifting, tbh!

Sounds good to me! Even bad Legs are still Legs, and give you souls if you have to salvage it. (Don't skip Leg day, etc.)

P.S. Anyone is free to add me.. I'm not too active since I usually play alone (and that kinda sucks), but if I find someone fun to play with more, I can do hours and hours! Ayumi#2458 (US)

You say this now, but wait until I go on a 40 minute interpretive mongolian throat singing solo.

buncha seasonal character strings.
salvage all ____ option (normal/magical/rare)
leorics crown and the swarmi seems to have been updated.
buffed lower end of channeled spells.

Heavenly Strength You can wield a two-handed weapon in your main hand while bearing a shield in your off hand. / Your damage dealt is reduced by 20%.

Not really much. PTR changes are going so slow, just nerfing things left and right.

Dahbomb

Thank god for Salvage all.

I don't understand these DH changes. Every patch they are removing some of the Poison skills of the DH. You can hardly even make a full DH Posion build now.... I mean what are even the skills that do Poison damage now?

Monk changes in a nut shell:

"We didn't think the Monk spirit regen was meaty enough....

So we DOUBLED it!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom