• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
so saders are basically the same with 2H

dunno what the people on battle.net forums are smoking

a 25% buff to weapons and reduction of 20% to end damage is still technically a 20% reduction to weapon damage thanks to how the game calculates damage

so in the end crusaders don't get better best case

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
So I got an invite to the GAF clan but it said the clan is full again already :-/ This saddens me.

Oh, I guess the pending invitations don't count in the member count and we had too many. Will it let you request again? I know there's some sort of delay on it.

Skorrge too, I had rejected that one since you didn't have any posts here yet, sorry.

Man, trying to manage things with the limited tools in game is frustrating. I don't think the devs really had our scenario in mind.

Anyone interested in taking over? I haven't been able to figure out a good approach - we're getting more random join requests than I expected, and they take time to filter out properly - and it's about to get a whole lot worse once seasons arrive.

Ayumi

Oh, I guess the pending invitations don't count in the member count and we had too many. Will it let you request again? I know there's some sort of delay on it.

Skorrge too, I had rejected that one since you didn't have any posts here yet, sorry.

Man, trying to manage things with the limited tools in game is frustrating. I don't think the devs really had our scenario in mind.

Anyone interested in taking over? I haven't been able to figure out a good approach - we're getting more random join requests than I expected, and they take time to filter out properly - and it's about to get a whole lot worse once seasons arrive.

Can't you just assign more officers to handle the requests? I'd be willing to do that, if you gave me a little guidance on how to deal with it (i.e only adding people from this thread, etc).

ZenaxPure

we're getting more random join requests than I expected, and they take time to filter out properly

Yeah I noticed this as well, there is always a lot of pending invites when I log on. Way more then I was expecting.

This is going to seem like a dumb question, but is the name listed on the pending invite the battletag? I didn't want to invite anyone because I wasn't entirely sure (and doubly I didn't want to kick anyone since I wasn't sure how we were handling that).

Shifty76

So is it about on par with raiment yet? I've had the sunwuko set sitting in my stash for what feels like forever and I think I'd enjoy using it more than the dashing strike build... Assuming it was about on par of course.

Pretty close, plus the play style is nowhere near as nauseating.

I was running TR: Flurry, which spits out clones at a pretty decent rate. Between the Flurry bomb, spamming mantra for extra clones, and SSS I had some pretty nice nukes going on for elite packs. I 1-shot them on T5 more often than not.

Will play around with Flying Dragon tonight with more of a tank n spank spec. Not using 30+ spirit/sec for TR should mean lots of spirit available for CS or bells

Raticus79

Can't you just assign more officers to handle the requests? I'd be willing to do that, if you gave me a little guidance on how to deal with it (i.e only adding people from this thread, etc).

That part's not so bad, just doing a search for the name part of the battletag on NeoGAF like you said. The hard part is fairly choosing who to remove to free up a spot. I'll add you later so you can see what I'm talking about. The game doesn't give you anything to work with. It doesn't even reliably show paragon levels in the roster for a really basic paragon level method.

I tried making a spreadsheet with all the members and a link to their profile on D3rockstars which shows a history, but that site doesn't seem to be reliable. "Last updated" dates in battle.net profiles can't be used since they get updated when other people check them. Manually maintaining a history of player levels would sort of work but that's pretty much a part time job, and that still needs to be turned into some sort of score in order to sort people. Then there's the question of how to evaluate the incoming person to see how they stack up against who you would be kicking...

So yeah, I've been pretty much doing nothing but that sort of stuff when I've been logged in for the last few weeks, haven't actually played come to think of it, and at the end of the day it really is just for managing membership in a chat channel which doesn't offer many other benefits as Zenax mentioned earlier.

I just think a community's a better fit for a group this size.

Yeah I noticed this as well, there is always a lot of pending invites when I log on. Way more then I was expecting.

This is going to seem like a dumb question, but is the name listed on the pending invite the battletag? I didn't want to invite anyone because I wasn't entirely sure (and doubly I didn't want to kick anyone since I wasn't sure how we were handling that).

Yup, the name on the list is the battletag. To see the full tag, open the "add friend" dialog by right clicking.

Ayumi

Ah, I understand. That sounds like a lot of effort.

Hmm.. Would it be possible to change the current clan name (to something like NeoGAFidle, make a new clan (NeoGAF) and broadcast a message on the old one to guide active users to the new clan?

Raticus79

Hmm.. Would it be possible to change the current clan name (to something like NeoGAFidle, make a new clan (NeoGAF) and broadcast a message on the old one to guide active users to the new clan?

The current clan is actually the result of doing that previously - we had 3 and created a single new one.

Skorrge

Neo Member

No worries. I couldn't post until I got my forum approval today. It still tells me I have to wait longer before I can requests again.

I know exactly how you feel. I dealt with similar things running my guild in WoW. I haven't seen the tools available to clan management yet, so I am not sure what options you have. Is it easy for you to link an inactive member in game to their profile here? That way you could start sending emails. Those that don't reply can be removed. Then you can say they were given a fair chance.....Just a thought with out knowing your resources.

ZenaxPure

I know exactly how you feel. I dealt with similar things running my guild in WoW. I haven't seen the tools available to clan management yet, so I am not sure what options you have.

Pretend everything in the clan UI has an edit button next to it. That's about the extent of the options you have. It's ridiculous.

I ran my own guild in WoW for a long time as well and it's crazy the amount of granular detail and control you had and how absolutely none of that is in D3.

Raticus79

No worries. I couldn't post until I got my forum approval today. It still tells me I have to wait longer before I can requests again.

I know exactly how you feel. I dealt with similar things running my guild in WoW. I haven't seen the tools available to clan management yet, so I am not sure what options you have. Is it easy for you to link an inactive member in game to their profile here? That way you could start sending emails. Those that don't reply can be removed. Then you can say they were given a fair chance.....Just a thought with out knowing your resources.

Yup, we started using the Clan Note feature to fill in NeoGAF member names, so we could send PMs.

IceMarker

Please not again, it was a pain in the ass last time. Let it be. People will come back (including myself) when patch 2.1 hits live.

I think we should be advertising a purge. If you want to stay in the clan, you have a week after 2.1 to quote this post and add you in-game tag.

Something along those lines. That way we have a list of people we can easily identify. It would be fair and would relieve Raticus from having to deal with this frequently.

I would suggest that we start a second post for people to quote for confirming GAF account invites.

So leorics crown doubles the power of a gem in the socket now and the Swami keeps damage buff from Archon for 12s after it ends.

25% cooldown reduction goodness + belt (forgot which one) has cdr. Nice to have more options to stack CDR.

Anyways, 2.1 feels like a mess. I'm not expecting it out for months. Can't tell if garg hitting for less than 50m is a bug or intended and they nerfed fetish sycophants survivability to make the enforcer gem more attractive... lame. New patch shows every class clearing greater rifts tier "255".

Pickman

Mine is still pending to accept on my end, so as soon as there's room made I can accept the invite request. I think it said I had 5 days left on it as of yesterday. I'll pop on around 7 pm EST or so tonight before I go balls deep in Destiny (the beta, not the stripperexotic dancer).

Raticus79

I think we should be advertising a purge. If you want to stay in the clan, you have a week after 2.1 to quote this post and add you in-game tag.

Something along those lines. That way we have a list of people we can easily identify. It would be fair and would relieve Raticus from having to deal with this frequently.

I would suggest that we start a second post for people to quote for confirming GAF account invites.

Yeah, I'll work something out with google docs spreadsheets for different purposes.

So leorics crown doubles the power of a gem in the socket now and the Swami keeps damage buff from Archon for 12s after it ends.

25% cooldown reduction goodness + belt (forgot which one) has cdr. Nice to have more options to stack CDR.

Anyways, 2.1 feels like a mess. I'm not expecting it out for months. Can't tell if garg hitting for less than 50m is a bug or intended and they nerfed fetish sycophants survivability to make the enforcer gem more attractive... lame. New patch shows every class clearing greater rifts tier "255".

I'll be surprised if 2.1 arrives before September. They don't have a hard deadline like they did with meeting RoS release schedule.

That crown should be a better choice than Kekegi's for monks. With the new legendary gem that gives CDR with attack speed stacks and monks should be close to perma-serenity without needing SSS.

Mine is still pending to accept on my end, so as soon as there's room made I can accept the invite request. I think it said I had 5 days left on it as of yesterday

Oh, ok, that makes things a bit easier. I freed up a couple more spots (people under 100 who hadn't gained a level in 6 weeks) so you should be able to get in this time.

---

Quote for a link to view the roster spreadsheet (hidden with email tag)

Just logged on and seasons have started!
NiOVlDI.jpg

Dahbomb

2.1 is definitely a mess but it's a good mess. It's actually really hard to go back to live servers now. Having to individually salvage items sucks!

Oh, Dashing Strike charges are now reduced by CDR, and Sunwuko set no longer gets gimped by reduced spirit cost items, which is another nice buff
Did not know this... good to know.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I just tried the latest PTR patch and an old issue has come back to haunt me. The problem is I'm getting massive amounts of stuttering while maintaining a locked 60fps. Anyone else having this issue?

Eliciel

So with a 3000dmg Scourge i'll be having a 3780dmg Scourge if it's a 26% dmg raise? The thing is I'm still losing the Critical Hit Dmg 130% from the offhand 50% of the time (at least on my build i'm at 50% cc) Is this actually on par after this change or does this still lack sufficient buff to close that gap?

it's
2x2,2kdmg (burning axe and sun keeper) + 2x130%dmg (50% of the time) + 2x750str+ 5-10%cooldown*1-2 (good but mostly average case)

vs.

3,8kdmg + 1x130%dmg (50% of the time) + 1x1100str+ 5-10%cooldown*1 (very good case)

I wonder... I guess the 2h version will just outperform the moment you Leapquake for example and the 1h version will outperform if you hit fast. I mean at least they could just raise the str and maybe also add some passives to increase crits or increase dmg overall with 2h.

I'm really interested how this will work out in the end.

ZenaxPure

I'm really interested how this will work out in the end.

As am I. There is some math/testing floating around on the d3 barb forums already so I am curious to see where it ends up. There is also random other things like the earthen might passive coming back that I am curious about. I hope leap quake builds with a spender end up better then those without since I find them more fun to play.

Eliciel

As am I. There is some math/testing floating around on the d3 barb forums already so I am curious to see where it ends up. There is also random other things like the earthen might passive coming back that I am curious about. I hope leap quake builds with a spender end up better then those without since I find them more fun to play.

I tested around some things and I guess a pretty standardized build in the future will be Fury of the Vanished Peak + ramalandis gift just hitting that edge dmg of the Fury and then adding that socket finally adding Seismic Slam (fire rune) to your setup and wearing a cindercoat.

Without any other adjustments I got a Cindercoat with 27% Fury reduction on fire skills and the FoVP with 44% Seismic Slam Fury spending reduction I'm spending 13 Fury per Seismic Slam (Shattered Ground) and got 150 Fury. Adding 2 more IK sets to get +2 Fury generation and maybe also adding Unforgiving (+2 Fury generation) will give one hell of a dmg dealing combo even combined with your beloved Leapquake (earthset) and you can even leave the lut socks on.

If you want unlimited fury you could also go for IK Full Set with the Call of the Ancient+Ancients' Fury (+3 Fury on every hit) and then either get the unforgiving out of your passives or leave it be depending on your fury generation. Even Earthen Might could be a viable alternative stacking that up with your avalanche+earthquake could lead to unlimited fury in the end combining everything. Because in the end you're only spending 13 fury per SS, that's 11,5 SS for 150 Fury...given this takes you 11 seconds you should already have 44 Fury back without Earthen Might. Launching one would give you 44+30 = 74. Launching Both would give you 44+30+30 = 104 after 11 seconds. You get the idea..you can basically spam this on a pretty consistent basis. Btw. 11*735% dmg = 8085% ; Earthquake with Molten Fury deals 4500% (PTR:5100%) over 8 seconds.... so to tell you the truth this is reallly great. Combined it's even better ;).

You will be leaping 3x --> SS --> Leaping 3x ---> SS ...Leaping alone will grant you 15*3=45 Fury remember those 104 from above? ;) I'm soo much looking forward to this

I think this could quiet possibly be the next big hitter on barbs. Nevertheless I guess the best alternative will be combining Leapquake with this and this will bring you down to 2 IK sets, because otherwise you can't wear the Cindercoat....Dmgwise You just have to compare if the dropped exchanged magefists for the IK gloves are worth it. I think there is a lot to play around with as soon as PTR gets on the actual servers and people start playing around with this for real.

Pepto

Banned
it's
2x2,2kdmg (burning axe and sun keeper)

I'm not 100% sure but I think dual wielding does not work like that.

I mainly (99% of my play time) play WD so this info is really old but I remember when I tried using barb some skills used main hand damage and some skills alternated their damage based on the animation of the character.

Around 2.1 is a good idea. I'm not interested in playing PTR and I think I've had my fill of live

Once the patch drops I'll be back in

Blizzard ignoring the problem with 2H is really irritating. A flat % increase isn't good enough. Hell, even if they gave all 2H weapons the chance to roll 2 sockets, it still wouldn't be good enough.

The blue post stating that the decision to give a flat damage increase instead of thinking up passives for 2H legendaries is damning. Bullshit.

Maledict

Well, I agree with the idea that they shouldn't make two handed passives for every class. That would suck, restricting passive choice and variety in builds.

On the other hand, I am getting really tired of the fact crusaders have been causing issues in balance and itemisation since release. These sort of problems were obvious from the start and it's prevented them from fixing two handers. The fact that at launch they had that utterly stupid movement speed penalty tagged onto them just shows how ill-thought out the concept was beyond 'it sounds cool!'.

Fularu

Banned
Just SC. Feel free to spin up a hardcore branch if you want.

This confuses me, Hardcore characters have nothing to do with the clan. Whenever I log on (which is hard to do thanks to the PTR beeing that much better) I am in the clan whether I play my SC or my HC chars. I wouldn't understand the need to create a specific NeoGaf HC clan.

Also that new Leoric's Crown could be BIS for every single class that needs CDR... and a lvl 10 one would be bis for leveling alts!

ZenaxPure

This confuses me, Hardcore characters have nothing to do with the clan. Whenever I log on (which is hard to do thanks to the PTR beeing that much better) I am in the clan whether I play my SC or my HC chars. I wouldn't understand the need to create a specific NeoGaf HC clan.

Well I assume his point is along the lines that if someone only plays hardcore they won't get much out of being in the clan (other than to chat with people). There is maybe 3 people in the clan that play hardcore on a regular basis.

Raticus79

Well I assume his point is along the lines that if someone only plays hardcore they won't get much out of being in the clan (other than to chat with people). There is maybe 3 people in the clan that play hardcore on a regular basis.

Yeah, exactly. I remember someone left for a dedicated HC clan for that reason.

Fularu

Banned
I hope we'll have plenty of people coming back for 2.1 and play seasons.

The changes in 2.1 are great, and the changes they're making to Monks are also interesting (especially the latest spirit changes)

MartyStu

My wizard is definitely going lightning when this hits production.

Even with my mostly shitty lightning gear I was able to jump form Torment II to Torment IV.

Raticus79

I hope we'll have plenty of people coming back for 2.1 and play seasons.

Oh, no doubt about that. I'm planning ahead for things to really hit the fan when 2.1 arrives and 500 people are looking for spots.

Long story short, the best solution I've found is to remake the GAF community (to clear randoms from the roster) and then run that community in the same manner as the clan, with screened membership. It's set to public so people can find it, but now has the "invite required" box checked, so requests to join have to be approved. I'll keep an external spreadsheet going to work as the roster and who's who once we hit the limit and the game doesn't display regular members any more.

I expect that the single clan approach is going to get really ugly and not really workable once seasons are in the picture, so I have the community ready to go as the fallback plan once we hit that point. I've remade it so people will need to request to join again, sorry.

---

We didn't have enough people for the PTR clan to work (not much point in having an approval process there when so few people log in), so I just dropped the PTR clan and made an open "GAF" community on PTR instead.

Also that new Leoric's Crown could be BIS for every single class that needs CDR... and a lvl 10 one would be bis for leveling alts!

I play a Woh Wizard, I can't wait to find this crown! The only thing I won't like about Leoric's Crown is that I can't transmorg it into a form of wizard hat. I always loved the pointy wizard hat on my wizard. Looks so smexy!

My wizard is definitely going lightning when this hits production.

Even with my mostly shitty lightning gear I was able to jump form Torment II to Torment IV.

After playing so long, I have collected Velvet Camaral, Wyrdward, Myken's Ball of Hate etc. I can't wait to try these stuff out when 2.1 hits!

Looks like there will still be changes. Seems like Meteor and Arcane Orb's damage hasn't been looked at yet. And I hope they'll revise Archon damage too. At least it has crowd control immunity now.

Fularu

Banned
Oh, no doubt about that. I'm planning ahead for things to really hit the fan when 2.1 arrives and 500 people are looking for spots.

Long story short, the best solution I've found is to remake the GAF community (to clear randoms from the roster) and then run that community in the same manner as the clan, with screened membership. It's set to public so people can find it, but now has the "invite required" box checked, so requests to join have to be approved. I'll keep an external spreadsheet going to work as the roster and who's who once we hit the limit and the game doesn't display regular members any more.

I expect that the single clan approach is going to get really ugly and not really workable once seasons are in the picture, so I have the community ready to go as the fallback plan once we hit that point. I've remade it so people will need to request to join again, sorry.

---

We didn't have enough people for the PTR clan to work (not much point in having an approval process there when so few people log in), so I just dropped the PTR clan and made an open "GAF" community on PTR instead.

I think the large number of players will be temporary. People trying out Greater rifts, making one seasonal character then dropping off (after complaining about not getting the loot they want)

Repeat for when 2.2 comes out :p

I believe the clan should be more or less for permanent playrs logging on at least weekly, the community's fine for the once in a while players.

ZenaxPure

I think the large number of players will be temporary. People trying out Greater rifts, making one seasonal character then dropping off (after complaining about not getting the loot they want)

Repeat for when 2.2 comes out :p.

This is how I see things as well, so I think the community is a great idea for this when the time comes. Since the feature works better now than it did at launch it will be good for people coming back to check out the patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom