• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZenaxPure

Damn key runs. 2 runs through all the acts and not one drops -_-

Yeah it's seriously awful. I really hate farming keys nowadays. It was fine back pre-2.0 when we had nothing else to do, but between rifts and bounties (and soon greater rifts) it's so bland and boring. It's actually a shame because I really like the boss encounters themselves (even if the furnace has completely trivialized them).

Wish they'd up the drop rate, but the more I think about it the more I wish they'd just move the act 1 and 2 keywardens. Running around the entire fields of misery/oasis looking for them sucks. Act 3 and 4 aren't too terrible.

V_Arnold

So, I just browsed the legendary feedback thread, and if the items they are proposing truly are the season-exclusive legendaries, then DAMN, do they truly not play their own game?

I mean...there can be no other explanation. Maybe the one case where the developers refuse to play popular/effective builds and just add items on a whim.

Sad. This is Blizzard... :(

MrDaravon

Hrmm...DAT 8 hours maintenance......PTR porting over to live server? Here's hoping!

PTR is nowhere near ready for release right now to live lol.

Also after a full weekend of Destiny....they better get 2.1 out in the next month or so (which I doubt), because that game is going to be taking all of my time when it launches.

Ayumi

I'm so lonely in this game, you guys are always offline when I'm on. Stupid timezones!

I can hear my own echo all the way from Caldeum to Westmarch.. ; ~ ;

Xanathus

I'm so lonely in this game, you guys are always offline when I'm on. Stupid timezones!

I can hear my own echo all the way from Caldeum to Westmarch.. ; ~ ;

I imagine people are offline because they're not playing until 2.1 goes live. There's literally no reason to play anymore if you're planning on playing a season character.

So my DH and WD are pretty solid now. My monk ain't bad either. I'n trying to get him set pieces, farm keys and frags right now. Hoping the patch lands soon.

What's everyone gonna do when it hits? Hellfire ammy? Go for the GR right away?

ZenaxPure

Hoping the patch lands soon.

What's everyone gonna do when it hits? Hellfire ammy? Go for the GR right away?

I want the patch to get here soon... But man it really still looks far away.

Personally though I'm diving right into seasons. Will probably spend most of my time on a new character until I have the gear I want and then come back and start working on my current characters. Planning on making another Barbarian, with all the various changes, new items, and legendary gems I want to see if I can do something besides leap quake.

Actually I'm really interested in that ancient summoning mighty weapon, I hope it's actually good because having a barbarian similar to a fetish summoning WD sounds hilarious/fun.

Celegus

Since I haven't been playing much lately, jumping into a season with a new character sounds kind of fun actually. If there really is a new Crusader set, I'll probably make a female crusader and go for that (if it's any good). Otherwise some HF amulets sound like a pretty nice improvement over mine since I have terrible luck finding them.

Pickman

Right now I'm after a couple things. I'd really like a FotF so I can try out the Shotgun build (although I've got a decent flamesader build right now w/ darklight). I'd also like a unity ring so I can get that 50% perma dmg reduction with it on my follower for when I'm solo grinding RiFs. Last, and this is a work in progress, I really want to get every one of the elemental resist amulets. So far I've got Lightning, Poison and Arcane (albeit the arcane is a lvl 48) so I've just got frost and fire left to go, and maybe replacing that Arcane with something a bit higher tier. Being able to stand in Ghomfarts or Raziel's lightning storms and just heal to full is glorious.

My ammys are OK, but I only have one good leg one and the passive is meh. Making hellfire ammys are a priority here.

I would be tempted by seasons, but I just don't have the time to commit to a race to the top. Nor am I interested in racing from 1-70.

I'm not in the PTR though so the GR's are tempting to at least try right away even though I think the ammy is priority número uno .

Celegus

I've only found the Cold amulet and it couldn't have been much worse if it tried. My wizard still has a yellow amulet without an element and my barb/crusader have a collection of different elements but no special properties (kymbo's gold/ouroboros). HF ammy looks very nice to me, if only the wardens will drop their keys for once.

Ayumi

Today I spent almost 2 hours doing bounties (killing tons of elites, opened at least 4 rep. chests and tons of other chests) plus a few rifts, and got no Legendaries. Sometimes the drop rate is bad but today it was just whoa.

Just as it was almost 2 hours, I thought "Man, I will never get my new Vyr gloves at this rate..." then 2 min later, Vyr dropped.

Pretty sure Blizzard is spying on our brains.

EU or US? Which timezone?

US, GMT+9 (I play at weird times though.. but usually evening, around 6-7 PM maybe.)

Cetra

Just picked up Reaper of Souls yesterday. Played through Acts I - III on Crusader. Holy hell, she feels like a God.

Any good guides on builds out there? I'm leaning towards Holy atm, but I'm not quite sure which skills I should be relying on.

Here's my character.

ZenaxPure

I would be tempted by seasons, but I just don't have the time to commit to a race to the top. Nor am I interested in racing from 1-70.

I'm actually not really interested in the competitive aspect of seasons either, actually I'm not even interested in the competitive aspect of greater rifts (outside of trying to beat my personal bests). Mostly just want to go in fresh, kinda tired of my current characters due to having all the gear I want (except that fucking mirrorball) and needing literally 3+ billion xp per paragon level currently (seriously I did a bounty run on each of my characters today at their preferred torment level - so 5x T6 and 1 T5 - and I gained a total of about half a level, this is with killing ALL the enemies I come across as well). Kinda looking forward to just blazing through the early stages of paragon leveling again.

Also I like the idea of the conquests since it will be seasonal achievement hunting (though again, not as a competitive thing). Something to do when you want a break from rifts and such, basically exactly like the achievement system in the game now. I think chasing down achievements is actually one of the things that kept me playing vanilla D3 for so long haha.

Basically I'm just looking forward to a change of pace.

Celegus

I'm actually not really interested in the competitive aspect of seasons either, actually I'm not even interested in the competitive aspect of greater rifts (outside of trying to beat my personal bests). Mostly just want to go in fresh, kinda tired of my current characters due to having all the gear I want (except that fucking mirrorball) and needing literally 3+ billion xp per paragon level currently (seriously I did a bounty run on each of my characters today at their preferred torment level - so 5x T6 and 1 T5 - and I gained a total of about half a level, this is with killing ALL the enemies I come across as well). Kinda looking forward to just blazing through the early stages of paragon leveling again.

Also I like the idea of the conquests since it will be seasonal achievement hunting (though again, not as a competitive thing). Something to do when you want a break from rifts and such, basically exactly like the achievement system in the game now. I think chasing down achievements is actually one of the things that kept me playing vanilla D3 for so long haha.

Pretty much 100% true for me too. No interest in leaderboards or racing to 70, it's just another fun thing to do. Achievements are a fun distraction too, there's still a bunch of Act V ones I'm missing though.

ZenaxPure

Pretty much 100% true for me too. No interest in leaderboards or racing to 70, it's just another fun thing to do. Achievements are a fun distraction too, there's still a bunch of Act V ones I'm missing though.

I actually haven't done much achievement stuff in RoS, I should start going after some of those. I had almost all of the vanilla achievements (the majority of the ones I was missing were hardcore and coop achievements) and got kinda bummed out when 2.0 hit and I saw that % bar in the summary drop so far lol.

Skorrge

Neo Member
Just picked up Reaper of Souls yesterday. Played through Acts I - III on Crusader. Holy hell, she feels like a God.

Any good guides on builds out there? I'm leaning towards Holy atm, but I'm not quite sure which skills I should be relying on.

Here's my character.

I wouldn't worry about a build until max lvl. Pick skills you enjoy during the leveling process.

Once you hit max, the crusader has a couple really nice builds. The most popular (and probably the best end game as of now) is the Holy shotgun build ( good with groups and soloing) and the Firelight build (don't use in a group, unless you want disgruntled team mates lol).

If you look up the name Mannercookie on you tube, he has some good guides. I can help as well, just hit me up.

Good luck and enjoy!

I wouldn't worry about a build until max lvl. Pick skills you enjoy during the leveling process.

!

I agree and will take it a step further. Don't worry until T2-3. There are lots of viable skills in lower torment that become obsolete in T4 and beyond. Enjoy the options while you got em. No use narrowing your available builds so early

Pacman2k

Paragon 300 :D

Got a nasty looking chanon bolter. Thinking I should wait for 2.1 to jam a sock on with Ramaladni. Thoughts?

ALQ0u0T.png

Dahbomb

It's the thrill of being rewarded by pop up messages and bar filling. Not to be underestimated mechanics in these types of games of course.

ZenaxPure

It's the thrill of being rewarded by pop up messages and bar filling. Not to be underestimated mechanics in these types of games of course.

Yeah that's pretty true to be honest. I'm really at the point now where there is nothing rewarding for me anymore outside of paragon levels which once you can do T6 higher paragon levels mean little. I assume they will matter more in greater rifts though.

Seasons will give me a nice reset button for all the bar filling.

Dahbomb

I will definitely be doing Seasons. It's a nice excuse to try a new class and I want to get the exclusive Legendaries (just to add to my collection). I also want to do some of the Conquests or at least try to do them.

ZenaxPure

I will definitely be doing Seasons. It's a nice excuse to try a new class and I want to get the exclusive Legendaries (just to add to my collection). I also want to do some of the Conquests or at least try to do them.

Is there a list of all the conquests on the PTR or somewhere yet? I like the idea, but the examples they gave back in the 2.1 preview were pretty generic. I'm hoping we get a few really cool ones.

I mean I will be trying them anyway, but, yeah kinda curious.

Dahbomb

Is there a list of all the conquests on the PTR or somewhere yet? I like the idea, but the examples they gave back in the 2.1 preview were pretty generic. I'm hoping we get a few really cool ones.

I mean I will be trying them anyway, but, yeah kinda curious.
These are the ones that we have (just reading it from in-game and typing them):

Conquests:

Reach LVL70
Reach LVL70 in Hardcore
Acts 1 through V at max level in under 1 hour
Acts 1 through V at max level in under 1 hour in Hardcore
Kill Malthael at max level in T6
Kill Malthael at max level in T6 in Hardcore
Kill Diablo at max level in T6
Kill Diablo at max level in T6 in Hardcore
Reach Tiered Rift 30
Reach Tiered Rift 30 in Hardcore

There are also Season only Achievements:

Complete 100 Bounties in Act 1 - 5 (each is worth 10 points)
Kill 1000 of X enemies in Act X (each Act has 3 types of enemies that you need to kill 1000 times like Skeletons, Spiders etc for 10 points). Act 3 has an extra achievement worth 30 points for killing 3000 demons)
Reach 10 Paragon level (10 points) [It's possible that more levels are unlocked once you get them but on my character it only shows P10 achievement)
Kill X boss 25/50/75 times (there is one for every boss in the game pretty much)

And yeah most are fairly generic.

Here's my character.

The game starts at L70. You can use whatever build that's effective with your current gear before then. For T6 crusader build, there is Firestarter and Holy Shotgun. Both needs the Akkhan set (not difficult to get with RiF).

Which build you go to depends on which legendary item drops for you. Firestarter requires Darklight (or Furnace). Holy Shotgun requires Fate of the Fell.

There's also a T4/T5 build called Captain MURICA. You only need Gryfalcon's Foote and Jekangbord...don't even need the Akkhan set.

My advice is to get to L70 fast, then do RiF as much as possible to get shards and gamble for the gears you want.

Jedi2016

So I picked up RoS a couple months back. Started leveling a Crusader in the story, switched over to Adventure mode and dinged 70, now I'm back to finishing up the story. Paragon lv22, playing on Hard just to finish the story, then I'm going to jack up the difficulty and start running rifts again (currently roflstomping everything).

Didn't play for a while. Jumped on the other day for kicks, and thirty minutes later, this drops:

cQODJS6.jpg

This was the piece I figured I'd be grinding months and months to get, and it drops on a day that I only logged in to pass some time. Arcane needles are... rather, were, about the only things that were doing any noticeable damage to my Crusader. It gives me a lot more confidence in bumping up the difficulty once I finish blitzing through the story.

Dahbomb

I just don't see how it's possible to do Act I through V in under one hour in story mode

Unless I'm missing something
That's exactly what it says in the description and I am definitely with you.

I think they meant Act 1 - Act V but an hour for each Act.

Some of the fastest speed runs I have seen are just over an hour so if it's one hour for all 5 then that is definitely extremely tough (if not impossible).

ZenaxPure

It's probably close to impossible (assuming it works the way it's worded, though I doubt it does) but that is actually the most interesting conquest. I'd like to see them add some really tough ones down the line.

Pickman

It happened.

I got my FotF last night. After 5+ weeks of farming Kadala for it and 14k blood shards.

qsFLFlx.jpg

And I spent 18m gold trying to roll my f***ing CDR on it.

I've actually got to farm gold now in order to keep trying to reroll it. I'm up to something like 1.9m gold per roll now.

Into

Done with farming keys, it took a few days to get 100 of each, used Sprint with Marathon on T6 and just skipped everything.

Hopefully this is enough to at least get 1-2 good amulets.

Celegus

Done with farming keys, it took a few days to get 100 of each, used Sprint with Marathon on T6 and just skipped everything.

Hopefully this is enough to at least get 1-2 good amulets.

100?!? Every time I try to run keys, I end up getting about 1 key for every 10 warden kills on T6. One of the buggers last night dropped the Skeleton Key scoundrel token instead of his own key.

Ayumi

It happened.

I got my FotF last night. After 5+ weeks of farming Kadala for it and 14k blood shards.

qsFLFlx.jpg

I've actually got to farm gold now in order to keep trying to reroll it. I'm up to something like 1.9m gold per roll now.

Congratulations! Feels nice getting something you've really wanted, except when you realize you're out of gold when trying to re-roll.

Was except to craft a new helmet today, but when I came home I saw the maintenance notice. 1 hour and 20 minutes left, right?

Cetra

Thanks for the advice guys. As a returning player, I'd last left the game trying to get my Barbarian up to speed with a Whirlwind build. So I came back with that same mindset.

I made it to Act V last night after work. I'm loving it. The mood and atmosphere in Westmarch rivals everything but Act III in the base game, and it surely at least on par with that. Really looking to sinking my teeth back into it tonight.

For the Crusade!

Pickman

Arcane needles are... rather, were, about the only things that were doing any noticeable damage to my Crusader. It gives me a lot more confidence in bumping up the difficulty once I finish blitzing through the story.

Just wait til you hit Frost or Reflect Dmg elites on T5+...

Jin

It happened.

qsFLFlx.jpg

Congrats. I've been struggling to get this and it's driving me crazy. So far on my crusader I've gotten Baleful Remnant, two Dark Light, three Gyrfalcon's foote, four Jakenbord, Tasker and Theo, Stone of Jordon, Thunderfury, and countless other legs. I'm about to Hulk smash my PC.

Dahbomb

@DahBomb

Mind linking to your profile page? Started searching on this thread if you already did but got tired after 10 pages :)

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/DantheBadass-1260/hero/5888421

Don't mind the Aughilds Bracers and Belt on the DH... I do have a Harrington but I wanted more Toughness from the String of Ears and I also have Reapers Wrap Physical but wanted to see performance without the Health globe bonus.

The Monk is your standard pre-2.1 low DPS support Monk.

Skorrge

Neo Member
Just wait til you hit Frost or Reflect Dmg elites on T5+...

I run the rune Prophet on Akarat's Champion and don't have many issues in T5/T6. With 100% up time, Your armor is in the 92% range. Making Frost/Reflect pretty manageable.

This build (holy shotgun) gets me through T5 easy and in T6 I have to just pay attention a little more:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/skorrge-1543/hero/45450406

The only thing I find myself playing with is the wrathful passive. I will use indestructible in its place. You basically have to die 3 times in 20 seconds to actually die due to the indestructible/prophet combo.

Always willing to help and always looking for new ideas

Shifty76

With 100% up time, Your armor is in the 92% range. Making Frost/Reflect pretty manageable.

Crusader noob here. What exactly do you mean by "armour is in the 92% range"?
That you can buff your armour by 92%?
If so...holy shit!

My monk would kill for that kind of a buff. As it is now I get one-shot in tier 27+ GRifts, even with 50% dmg reduction (epiphany), 30% base dmg reduction because monk, 50% dmg reduction from dbl unity, 1200 AR, 18k armour, 450k hp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom