• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayumi

Feel free to add me (anyone) for rifting/bounty runs/whatever! Most of my friends play on a different timezone so I almost always feel lonely in-game. :<

Ayumi#2458

eek5

Did some level 38 grifts with some GAF clan members. That is some bull shit. We were pretty geared up, and I was dying a fair amount. So basically, does it just come down to paragon levels to get further?

you need zdps monk and/or wd to help cc probably

Ayumi

Blizzard pls

Uu08Wwt.png

Insaniac

Just a few questions about goblin vaults, I hope someone is able to answer.

If I max out the gold find with my Paragon Points, will I notice a big difference from if I don't put any points in gold find?

What would the difference be (estimated) on T6 by using a level 25 Hoarder gem, compared to not using one?

I understand if none of you have been able to experiment with this due to the rarity of the portal spawn. At least I hope someone could give me some kind of answer regarding the Paragon Points (since I have no gem yet).

Another question that might be hard to answer:

How many vaults have you gotten by farming?
(How many gobs did you kill, or where did you run/how many resets, etc)?

I guess I just want to know if it's worth "farming" for this or just left it happen by itself.

Farm for the vault. Just get it done and never worry about gold again.

I got the vault luckily 4 times when the double goblin thing was going and ended up with around 600 million gold (I was wearing as much gold find as possible.

With the boon of the hoarder gem, I never worry about gold any more. I have 880 million gold now and that is with minimal farming. If i spend 30 minutes killing mobs in T6 with my goldfind equipment, I earn around 20 million gold if not more.

Firemind

38 is really tough, most builds will get killed instantly by a fair amount of attacks. 38+ mostly comes down to not getting hit very often, hence the dominance of DHs hiding behind sentries and Crusaders shooting horses from a distance. Barbs can handle it a little better if they can keep ignore pain up 100% of the time.

But no, paragon levels aren't going to make that much of a difference. If you're running a decent build and have good equipment, the main differentiating factor is just going to be rift density and layout. Just pray you don't get Exarchs and Winged Assassins.
I don't know how people do it on HC. There are people who did and completed grift level 38/39.

Krassus

Am I too late to the Hellfire Ammy party also? Have 10 machines and a friend with the same amount if any 2 others with machines looking to do.

ZenaxPure

you need zdps monk and/or wd to help cc probably

Yeah, seriously. Someone dedicated to crowd control is really powerful for GRs in group play. I've been running my monk as zDPS when I do GRs with my friend and it makes a huge difference. Azurewrath/Frostburn/Sledgefist offers a pretty crazy amount of CC, not to mention the whole thing where you can become immortal now thanks to how much CDR you can get in 2.1.

I want to do it on my witch doctor instead but it looks like a SMK is really important for full on support (I assume to keep BBV up as much as possible) which I have still never seen somehow after hundreds of hours playing the class.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
What builds are WDs running for crowd control? Addling Toads would be in there, I suppose.

The monk CC seems like it relies on short-duration effects which quickly fall under the minimum required duration with the CC resistance mechanic. Is anything working for solid perma CC these days?

Edit: Aha, Tiklandian Visage: http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo3witc...prehensive_guide_for_the_tanking_witch_doctor

Edit2: regarding all the Gold Find discussion above, reminder that Gold Find is a multiplier now. Start with 2500% from difficulty, add 100% from paragon and gear, and now you're at 5000%, not 2600%. It's definitely worthwhile to have a gold find set to use when you're running boon of the hoarder.

ZenaxPure

What builds are WDs running for crowd control? Addling Toads would be in there, I suppose.

The monk CC seems like it relies on short-duration effects which quickly fall under the minimum required duration with the CC resistance mechanic. Is anything working for perma CC these days?

Just from browsing the leaderboards (as I was trying to get some ideas on what to do in co-op GRs at 35+ cause I was tired of getting one shot constantly) it looks like witch doctors don't even run an attack: piranado, mass confusion, spirit walk, fetish army and BBV for SMK, and horrify with the voodoo mask that causes horrify to fear and root for 8 seconds. That is the setup I've seen the most on 2 player leaderboard anyway.

As for monks, the biggest thing I've noticed personally is that in the mid 30s even white mobs start to deal insane amounts of damage. Even with short term CC I can usually keep white mobs controlled until they die.

Also seems like even without EP monk can't escape cyclone strike (not that I'm complaining as I enjoy playing monk support). Our group dps seems to be higher just from the simple fact that CS allows all of my partner's sentries to attack the same spot instead of attacking random single enemy units all over the map. Makes a pretty big difference when you are on a timer, each of those sentry attacks outside of large packs is just a waste of time we could be moving to the next pack.

Bombless

I'm going to see how far I can go using a Strafe build on my DH. With sentries as secondary. Just got a decent Helltrapper, only need a decent offhand xbow, either a Calamity or K'mar Tenclip (to get rid of Hot Pursuit passive).

eek5

Yeah, seriously. Someone dedicated to crowd control is really powerful for GRs in group play. I've been running my monk as zDPS when I do GRs with my friend and it makes a huge difference. Azurewrath/Frostburn/Sledgefist offers a pretty crazy amount of CC, not to mention the whole thing where you can become immortal now thanks to how much CDR you can get in 2.1.

I want to do it on my witch doctor instead but it looks like a SMK is really important for full on support (I assume to keep BBV up as much as possible) which I have still never seen somehow after hundreds of hours playing the class.
Yeah BBV uptime is important because the other 2 classes are usually DH and with BBV you can get them to 4.15bp using 2h bows which makes up for monk and wd doing almost no damage.

Facism

got a ps4 and was gifted the game. general ps4 question. does the disc ever stop spinning when running the game? it's pretty noticeable. granted i've only played it for 5 minutes.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
Feel free to add me (anyone) for rifting/bounty runs/whatever! Most of my friends play on a different timezone so I almost always feel lonely in-game. :<

Ayumi#2458

You can always count with me!

Ingeniero

Welp, I think I dun goofed.
I keep having the "Imput Limit Reached" error, so I went to Bnet forums and did:
This

Now my sound is fucked up, sounds awful, I think I disabled some critical stuff.

Help pls
Had little help from a blue post in Bnet forums, but no fix yet.
I think I really fucked up this time....

In other news, 4000 more shards spent, still no TnT...

BIG EDIT.

Blue post helped some more and now the problem is solved! yay!!!
Happy farming now!!

Saya

Is anyone playing on the Asian servers? Is there an Asian Diablo GAF clan?

I found two Unities today and yesterday the legendary enchantress token to make her invincible. Haven't tried the combo yet as I mostly play with PUGs though.

Also for my barb, I found the IK piece I needed to combine Raekor with IK for Furious Charge and CotA. Going to try out this new build later! Excited.

I still need to upgrade my weapons though. I swear every time i get a 2-H mace or sword drop its the freaking grandfather of gavel of judgement. :(

joesmokey

Furnace or no, at least I can still make progress:

Now I can finally see why everyone is complaining about Jailer so much, lol. Even with double unity, it takes off like 70% of your health pool.

GR39 seems impossible right now. Maybe I need to start pylon farming for it to be doable.

Ayumi

Furnace or no, at least I can still make progress:

Now I can finally see why everyone is complaining about Jailer so much, lol. Even with double unity, it takes off like 70% of your health pool.

GR39 seems impossible right now. Maybe I need to start pylon farming for it to be doable.

If it's any consolation, I have a Furnace but can't seem to do a decent level GRift yet.. I lack AllRes, toughness and some damage. I really need to use more Leg gems but I don't wanna sacrifice my current rolls. In a weird place, atm. :( A new good SoJ would help me jump up a few levels, I think.

koji

Soooo... I managed to get my account "muted" and can't get the mute off, friendlist is gone and I can't chat or read any chat in game (lol)

Anyway, if any of you EU GAF clan members happen to read this, that's the reason why I haven't been talking. (if an officer happens to read this could you please set it as note that I'm muted :))

Shifty76

Spent 450 shards and got a Rhen'ho and a SMK. Guess complaining on GAF really does work.
I was going to type up a post complaining about never getting m6 helm which would allow me to use T+T. Sure enough, Kadala finally gave it up last night.

2.84 bp is bonkers, can't even imagine 4.15.

Now if she'd just give up the rucksack...

Ayumi

Soooo... I managed to get my account "muted" and can't get the mute off, friendlist is gone and I can't chat or read any chat in game (lol)

Anyway, if any of you EU GAF clan members happen to read this, that's the reason why I haven't been talking. (if an officer happens to read this could you please set it as note that I'm muted :))

Soooo.. what exactly did you do to get muted? People don't get muted for no reasons..

Ayumi

Asked about Furnace and Kadala gave one up 150 shards into my night, still excited about it.

Where do I sign up for the furnace crew?)

Just remember to complain every day in this thread, it worked for me. Seriously, I suddenly had a "feeling" one day and bam, Furnace dropped.

koji

Soooo.. what exactly did you do to get muted? People don't get muted for no reasons..

It's a bug in account management / parental controls. Don't mute yourself there cause unmuting again is broken atm :-(

thread on the blizzard forums about it

I was trying to "appear offline" btw. It worked great, none of my friends see me online now :lol

In other news, I just looted a + cold dmg SoJ without socket on my fire wiz...

urghrollsSoJ.png

Not sure what to do with it, the elite dmg sure is great but everything is else is urgh... Maybe try and roll a socket on it anyway?

MrDaravon

Coming back after ~3-4 week break with Destiny and some other stuff. I caught up on the 2.1.1 patch notes, anything else of note happen or is that it? Also now that it's been live for a bit, are people feeling that Kadala is overall better now (like they claim) or no?

ZenaxPure

Coming back after ~3-4 week break with Destiny and some other stuff. I caught up on the 2.1.1 patch notes, anything else of note happen or is that it? Also now that it's been live for a bit, are people feeling that Kadala is overall better now (like they claim) or no?

She feels a tiny bit better now, I always spend all 500 shards at once and I seem to have less instances now where I spend all 500 and get absolutely 0 legendaries. Usually net at least one. It certainly isn't worse I will say that much.

Even if it was worse though, the amount of shards you get now is just crazy, close to 200 for mid 30s GR and even if you can't solo there it's pretty easy to reach in a group.

Celegus

Crusaders, what gems are my priorities?

Depends on the build. Mirinae for shotgun/condemn (or anything holy really). I run stampede, so I use Gogok of Swiftness for extra CDR, Pain Enhancer for the DoT, and Bane of the Trapped since the aura and horse stuns ensure everything takes extra damage.

Maybe a little better, but not a huge difference. Certainly less trips filling up your inventory with yellows and coming back to her over and over. And welcome back! What did you think of Destiny compared to Diablo? Seems like a pretty divisive game, but I don't have any interest in it.

MrDaravon

Even if it was worse though, the amount of shards you get now is just crazy, close to 200 for mid 30s GR and even if you can't solo there it's pretty easy to reach in a group.

Oh wow really? I had no idea they had buffed GR shard drops, will give that a go.

Maybe a little better, but not a huge difference. Certainly less trips filling up your inventory with yellows and coming back to her over and over. And welcome back! What did you think of Destiny compared to Diablo? Seems like a pretty divisive game, but I don't have any interest in it.

Destiny is a weird fucking game. It's core gunplay and movement are great and it can be fun to explore the world, but there's a million other things wrong with it. That one review that called it a "beautiful mess" is pretty spot on. I enjoy it, but at the same time I wouldn't recommend it to most people. It's bizarre. In any case I achieved most of what I wanted to do in the game for right now, but more importantly I was still slumming it with some friends on the 360 version since I don't have a PS4 yet, and since none of that progress will carry from 360 to PS4 (360 to X1 and PS3 to PS4 carry over) I can't bring myself to grind any further on it really.

It was pretty much my group's party chat/social game, so I enjoyed what I got out of it. I think some of their decisions are intentional, but I already predict that like Diablo 3 Destiny will be a game that will be greatly improved with patches and more content down the line. In 1-2 years I think it'll be a significantly better game, at least hopefully.

Krassus

Depends on the build. Mirinae for shotgun/condemn (or anything holy really). I run stampede, so I use Gogok of Swiftness for extra CDR, Pain Enhancer for the DoT, and Bane of the Trapped since the aura and horse stuns ensure everything takes extra damage.

TY sir, Ill have to focus on bane and pain gems since I am pony also. I am at already 58% CDR without Paragon I should use something else for the Gogok?

Begaria

I've pushed aside trying to get a good Hellfire Amulet for now. Grinding for keys that aren't 100% drops at T6 is boring and aggravating. The actual Uber fights are always fun, it's just a shame you have to do something so monotonous to get to them.

Instead, I've hit Act 1 T6 bounties hard trying to get an even better RoRG. I'm trying for one that naturally rolls at least 5.5% CC and high strength. My current RoRG had something re-enchanted to give 6% CC. With a natural high CC, I can reroll the Attack Speed into a socket so I can use another Legendary Gem. I've gotten several RoRGs from my attempts thus far, but nothing worthwhile to use. Got close with one that rolled 4.5% CC and 50 points of Strength lower than what I had, but I smashed it. At least I'm getting mad Paragon Levels doing this. I went up almost 20 levels in the last two days or so.

Celegus

TY sir, Ill have to focus on bane and pain gems since I am pony also. I am at already 58% CDR without Paragon I should use something else for the Gogok?

I'm not sure what my CDR is at right now, but even with Gogok I have a few seconds before the cooldown for AC is ready again. It'd be nice to have a better Leoric's, but my Akkhan helm is just too good. If you're already at 100% uptime on AC, then it's not really necessary. Bane of the Powerful is always a good choice too.

StMeph

Destiny is a weird fucking game. It's core gunplay and movement are great and it can be fun to explore the world, but there's a million other things wrong with it. That one review that called it a "beautiful mess" is pretty spot on. I enjoy it, but at the same time I wouldn't recommend it to most people. It's bizarre. In any case I achieved most of what I wanted to do in the game for right now, but more importantly I was still slumming it with some friends on the 360 version since I don't have a PS4 yet, and since none of that progress will carry from 360 to PS4 (360 to X1 and PS3 to PS4 carry over) I can't bring myself to grind any further on it really.

It was pretty much my group's party chat/social game, so I enjoyed what I got out of it. I think some of their decisions are intentional, but I already predict that like Diablo 3 Destiny will be a game that will be greatly improved with patches and more content down the line. In 1-2 years I think it'll be a significantly better game, at least hopefully.

A few of my friends are REALLY into Destiny, but can't voice why. Off-topic, but would you mind going into some of the weird fucking things wrong with the game?

If you have that much CDR, yes, skip Gogok. And if it's possible, consider rolling some CDR on gear to damage, and put Paragon points into CDR. It's a more efficient use of points.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I've pushed aside trying to get a good Hellfire Amulet for now. Grinding for keys that aren't 100% drops at T6 is boring and aggravating. The actual Uber fights are always fun, it's just a shame you have to do something so monotonous to get to them..

Always play in a group (i tend to get a lot of multi key drops in a group)

Always have one player in said group that is insanely fast... like a crusader with 100% steed uptime

I can do all 4 keywardens (find and kill) in about 5 minutes

Insaniac

Always play in a group (i tend to get a lot of multi key drops in a group)

Always have one player in said group that is insanely fast... like a crusader with 100% steed uptime

I can do all 4 keywardens (find and kill) in about 5 minutes

Is it possible to get 100% steed uptime? you'd probably need the maximum amount of cooldown right?

Destiny is ass and deserves to get lit up by the playerbase. Almost as bad as launch D3.

At least with launch D3, I still felt like I was getting a full game experience, and I didn't feel like a DLC Expansion pass was necessary

StMeph

Is it possible to get 100% steed uptime? you'd probably need the maximum amount of cooldown right?

Between the usual desired CDR for AC uptime, the 1H Flail that doubles the duration of the ability (Swiftmount?), and Lord Commander passive, 100% is doable.

MrDaravon

Ahhhhh yes, after like an hour settling right back into the game. Diablo 3 is like my security blanket of games lol.

A few of my friends are REALLY into Destiny, but can't voice why. Off-topic, but would you mind going into some of the weird fucking things wrong with the game?

I posted some very specific thoughts in the OT for the game here. By far the biggest and largest complaints are:

-The story is nonsense and is barely explained
-There is not much content
-They say it's not a MMO, but it very clearly is, and for the amount of content there is it becomes VERY repetitive VERY quickly

On the plus side it's a Bungie game so the core gunplay and movement and everything is pretty top notch, I think the setting/backstory for the game is super interesting and to some extent I like poking around in the world. The problem is all of that is behind extremely repetitive activities, little content, crazy load times, and tons of weird currency and rank gear walls. Pretty much the whole time I'm playing it I wonder why the hell I am playing it, but then I keep playing. It's pretty weird. In my case though it's really just a social game, since it's what me and my friends are all in a party chat so we can just go do objectives and mess around while bullshitting in chat. Dropping the game for now with Borderlands and some other stuff coming out, but like Diablo I think this game will be made much better with patches and some more content and changes. The key difference though is that it looks like you're probably going to have pay for the actual new content in Destiny, which is a problem given how little there is right now. And given what we know about what the first expansion is adding.....yeah, no way spending money on that.

Addnan

It's great that I can now tank through T6 but my fucking fingers using up spirit is hurting. What a stupid fucking build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom