• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Avoid and friends are just doing T6 Act 2 - Black Soulstone - Realm of Shadow Quest.

Just find and pick up the body of Zoltun and instant exp.

Currently lvl 37~..

They just need a DH runner or something.

This looks very efficient but the guy won't spill the beans on the supposed 'trick." So is it jut literally reloading that quest and having one person run through, pick up the body, and then rinse/repeat.

Ok, yeah just requires a DH.

Radec

hF3OK2b.jpg

rofl.

They are streaming their 1-70? ZE said they weren't going to do that...

http://www.twitch.tv/avoidlol

This looks very efficient but the guy won't spill the beans on the supposed 'trick." So is it jut literally reloading that quest and having one person run through, pick up the body, and then rinse/repeat.

he explained it earlier.

tried it myself pretty easy for a DH.

Robin64

So does the new Iceblink gem make running a frost wizzy a decent sounding proposition?

Iceblink
Your Cold skills now apply Chill effects and your Chill effects now slow enemy movement speed by an additional 5%.
The additional movement speed reduction is increased by .4% per rank
At rank 25 you gain 10% increased chance to critically strike Chilled or Frozen enemies

dengatron

guess i'll go DH this time around. Had a great ancient wormwood and a decent dagger of darts last season but i've played WD too much lately. if barbs turn out to be okay group carries i'll consider that too. i just want to spin to win in my speed farm runs.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Anyone have a link to the Season 3 items? So I can decide if I want to bother doing this shit all over again.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/18642492/patch-220-now-live-4-7-2015#seasonalitems

Bottomless Potion of Amplification - New Legendary Potion
- Increases healing from all sources by 20-25% for 5 seconds

New Legendary Gems:
Iceblink
- Your Cold skills now apply Chill effects and your Chill effects now slow enemy movement speed by an additional 5%
- The additional movement speed reduction is increased by .4% per rank
- At rank 25 you gain 10% increased chance to critically strike Chilled or Frozen enemies
Mutilation Guard
- Gain 10% melee damage reduction
- Melee damage reduction is increased by 1% per rank
- At rank 25 while below 30% life, you may move through enemies unhindered

Several existing Legendary items have been updated to include a unique Legendary power
Note: Existing items will not be affected by the following changes. Only new versions of the items will roll with the added Legendary power.

Nagelring
- Summons a Fallen Lunatic to your side every 10-12 seconds

Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac
Your first hit with each cast of a resource-spending attack reduces the remaining cooldown of one of your skills by 1 second

Class-specific Items

Crusader
Blessed of Haull - New Legendary Belt
- Justice spawns a Blessed Hammer when it hits an enemy

Monk
Spirit Guards - New Legendary Bracers
- Your Spirit generators reduce your damage taken by 30-40% for 3 seconds

Witch Doctor
Short Man's Finger - New Legendary Ring
- Gargantuan instead summons three smaller Gargantuans each more powerful than the original

Wizard
Ranslor's Folly - New Legendary Bracers
- Energy Twister Periodically pulls in enemies within 30 yards

Several existing class-specific Legendary items have been updated to include a unique Legendary power
Note: Existing items will not be affected by the following changes. Only new versions of the items will roll with the added Legendary power.

Barbarian
Dread Iron - Legendary power added
- Ground Stomp causes an Avalanche

Demon Hunter
Dead Man's Legacy - Legendary power added
- Multishot hits enemies who are below 50-60% health twice

Obsidian Ring, Spirit Guards, Short Man's Finger and Dead Man's Legacy are the significant ones I think.

Nagelring's apparently great for early leveling if you get lucky and get one at a low level.

Not much in there for wizards. Ranslor's Folly isn't particularly useful since stuff just bounces around instead of being clustered. Could have been ok if people were still using wicked wind I guess.

Pepto

Banned
This game... I finally got a Starmetal Kukri after like 1000+ hours of playing WD and it drops while leveling a new char.

Jas

This game... I finally got a Starmetal Kukri after like 1000+ hours of playing WD and it drops while leveling a new char.

Wow, that sucks I think I would of cried...maybe haha. Hope you have better luck in the season.

I got my first one during season 2 after 500 hours on witch doctor.

Keep going back and forth about playing season 3. I've leveled 8 characters on PC and 6 on PS4, starting fresh isn't that fresh anymore haha.

Talaysen

It's worth using in the Frozen Orb + Delsere + Triumvirate set up but that's not going to compete with the Hydra Tal Rasha set up.

What's the hydra set up? I don't use hydra because it doesn't seem to trigger meteors.

Though I guess Magic Weapon - Ignite triggers the fire one, so I could replace my fire skill.

What class is everyone choosing for S3?

Have changed my mind 10x since last night. I want something with build diversity that is going to be welcomed in groups. Wizard, Witch Doctor, Monk...those are the choices. Barb I already have and played so much already. I'll end up leveling all three but going to go Wizard first along with a friend, can bounce gear this way at least.

Dahbomb

What's the hydra set up? I don't use hydra because it doesn't seem to trigger meteors.

Though I guess Magic Weapon - Ignite triggers the fire one, so I could replace my fire skill.
Just check Gabynator's set up.

You don't use Hydras for trigger, you use them for damage in between the Meteors.

MrDaravon

I think I'm going to start DH since it's my main and I know exactly what I'm looking for, then once I get settled there and have a stash for mats and whatnot I'll probably pick up Wiz. Wiz interests me, but I haven't played them in a very long time and it seems like they have a lot of options this season which is great, but it's a bit overwhelming and info for them is all over the place right now. I figure it'll be much easier to sort out builds and gear for them in a couple of weeks.

Ultratech

What class is everyone choosing for S3?

Prolly Barb.

I've been playing WD (mostly) forever, but I figured I'd rather do something different, so I'mma make a Barb.

Plus, I haven't really done much the last two seasons, so I may attempt to put a little bit more effort in for this one.

neoism

so not sure guys barb or monk still will prob fo innas+sunku again if sooo not really sure about barbs I havent played one in a year or soo??????

Dahbomb

LMAO I forgot to patch my game....

This is gonna take a while. Oh well... Seasons aren't a sprint they are a marathon anyway though I kinda wanted to start fresh day 1 with the GAF boys and level up together.

JSoup

Banned
So, looking at the seasons achievement list, am I correct in assuming anything not on that list can't be earned? Like, it was pretty easy in seasons 1 and 2 to get the banner stuffs, as any old achievement would count. Not so any more? I'm not finding clear language saying yes or no.

Edit: Just got the level 10 achievement, so I guess everything still counts, the list just only shows you seasonal achievements only by default.

Zvolen12

Neo Member
I am going to roll a wizard if anyone wants to do a 4man team up feel free to add me. I should be on tonight around 830-9ish. If you all arent lvl 60 by then. Heh

Zvolen#1397

Made it to 61 tonight before pooping out. With the time it takes to level from scratch, it's too much for me in one sitting starting at 9 pm.

Will finish tomorrow or Sunday.

neoism

well couldn't make it to 70 tonight GODDAMN I swear the last 5 levels is literally to worst thing in this game... :/

Alienups

My D3 started locking up quite frequently, odd. Dont have any problems in other games. Feels like it tends to happen the most as i finish a bounty.

Made it to 61 tonight before pooping out. With the time it takes to level from scratch, it's too much for me in one sitting starting at 9 pm.

Will finish tomorrow or Sunday.

Thanks for joining :)

Currently sitting at Paragon 34. Taking a bit of a break and just getting legendary gems atm by just increasing 1 level at a time.

Having quite alot of fun running around T1 with a random strafe build, can pretty much permastrafe, some elites cause me to lose it though. Only issue is my toughness is non existant, certain affixes cause hell for me.

Probably switch up to some kind of turret+cluster build shortly when I try push into T2.

Zvolen12

Neo Member
I too pooped out last night at around lvl 50, will hopefully finish the grind today too bad everyone is 70 already.

Some are even p100? Crazy!

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
what's the fastest class to 70?

Someone mentioned barbs due to getting Furious Charge:Merciless Assault (reset cooldown after hitting a group) at 33.

---

I'm doing the usual multibox thing. Trying out WD main (for tiki doc in clan GR later) with 2 DH and a crusader as the alts. It's a slow start of course due to the gear management overhead. Pretty much the slowest way to start a season, actually, but I don't mind drawing out that progression a bit.

Firemind

Is story mode faster or slower? I'm just casually levelling until I unlock the better runes, but I'm not even getting legs from the mid bosses? Didn't get one from Leoric. If so, I'm not even sure why I'm bothering with story mode.

Dahbomb

Is story mode faster or slower? I'm just casually levelling until I unlock the better runes, but I'm not even getting legs from the mid bosses? Didn't get one from Leoric. If so, I'm not even sure why I'm bothering with story mode.
It's way slower than Adventure mode.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

Just run bounties to build your rift tokens ... You should have a couple hundred when you're done and that will allow you to jump right into rifts to start building your gear

Dahbomb

https://youtu.be/1h6as6fR1h4

Cool Wizard hybrid build using Tal Rasha (6 pc) + Slow time set (4 pc) with Convention of Elements ring.

Really enjoying playing with Wizard thus far in S3. I think I will be going for Arcane Orb build with DMO plus the Ice Blackhole. You can get some insane numbers if you hit a large group with the Blackhole.

Blackhole is IMO the best skill in the game. It's the best skill in the game because it synergizes well with a lot of Wizard skills and some of the runes actually reward you with skillful play (by getting as many enemies as you in the hole). At least 4 of the runes I have tried have been very good. This isn't really my first time playing Wizard but going through the 1-70 process again with a Wizard has made me admire Black Hole even more than before. I definitely want to make a build with Blackhole at high enough level.

Also playing through 1-70 it's pretty obvious what the next Wizard set or focus should be on.... buffing up spells that are channeled or used while stationary. Stuff like Ray of Frost, Disintegrate and Arcane Torrent. These spells are pretty powerful from lvl 1-60 but as soon as you start getting into end game they become pretty bad because they are not supported by sets.

Next Wizard set should be:

2 piece bonus: Channeling spells ramp up 5x quicker and their cap damage is increased by 500%.

4 piece bonus: Standing still for over 1.5 second increases your damage mitigation by 50% for every one additional second up to 5 stacks. At full stacks you are immune to being CC'd.

6 piece bonus: Standing still for over 1.5 second increases your damage by 100% for every one additional second up to 5 stacks.

Celegus

https://youtu.be/1h6as6fR1h4

Cool Wizard hybrid build using Tal Rasha (6 pc) + Slow time set (4 pc) with Convention of Elements ring.

That's pretty similar to what I've been using, and it's incredibly fun. I don't have 5 pieces of the new set yet to try out the 6pc, but I doubt it's as good as the Tal Rasha 6pc bonus anyway. I haven't been able to find the meteor boots yet either, and it's still tearing everything apart.

J. Bravo

decided to go with wizard over barb. got to 43. its pretty damn fun, not gonna lie. right now i'm blowing stuff up with disintegrate. obvi wont last that much longer but it's still awesome haha.

Dahbomb

I played for 6 hours yesterday getting my character to 70 and I was exhausted after that.

I guess I am getting old, can't marathon like I used to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom