• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
So yesterday I got:
-A godlike convention of elements
-My full wastes set
-My full IK set
-A godlike tasker and theo
-Focus and Restraint
-RORG
-Three awesome weapons (one ancient) that enable three awesome builds
-Ramaladni's Gift
-Strongarm Bracers
-SoJ x2
-Witching Hour x2
-A Cow level rift

Think I'm done with this game
kappa

Anyone on NA care lend a hand carrying me to 70 in season? Thinking about actually playing it for once, tag is digmouse#1608. Not online now but will do at around 10am ET everyday.

Think I'm done with this game
kappa

Yeah, once your gear gets to a point everytihng else comes in a flood due to blood shard income and the huge rewards for finishing higher end greater rifts.

Also speaking of Kappa this is easily the worst popular game on Twitch to actually watch. It's the same thing on all channels, a chaotic mess of hard to follow full group turbofarming, mumble crosstalk over the casters, and repetitive gameplay. I tuned into GiG some last night but I realized pretty quickty that the real novelty was waiting to see how he'd get banned from the service this time.

Dahbomb

Yeah, once your gear gets to a point everytihng else comes in a flood due to blood shard income and the huge rewards for finishing higher end greater rifts.

Also speaking of Kappa this is easily the worst popular game on Twitch to actually watch. It's the same thing on all channels, a chaotic mess of hard to follow full group turbofarming, mumble crosstalk over the casters, and repetitive gameplay. I tuned into GiG some last night but I realized pretty quickty that the real novelty was waiting to see how he'd get banned from the service this time.
I 100% agree. I hate watching other people play D3 on streams and the only time I would watch someone stream D3 is if they are testing a bunch of new builds and in general just theory crafting. Once the grind and farm starts up it's just unbearable to watch especially considering I could be using that time to farm myself.

I guess for viewers it's fun watching streamers mass ID Legendaries. It's the same thrill that viewers get when streamers open a bunch of packs in Hearthstone.... the people love the RNG stuff.

Ploid 3.0

Thanks to all the power-levelers in clan the past few days, you guys rock and continue to rock! I O U

I actually got so many blood shards doing it. Do the blood gob spawn more in normal zones rather than rifts or something? I usually do rifts with the mind to hopefully get lucky on gobs but they are usually absent or just the normal, or gem gob. When I started the season my 3rd monster was a blood goblin doing bounty in act1.

Doing groups like this level up help seem to produce more legendaries since I have a reason to keep going and not afk every zone or something. I got a set piece that I needed, it's level 60 but it'll do. Need moar, may start joining public games like mentioned a few posts ago. I don't think I would be leeching so I should be ok. I can probably do T5 but speeding through T4 with more people should help on finding more loot. If this work I may have to give up my solo ways.

MrDaravon

I generally agree that D3 is not a fun game to watch others play unless they're pushing for some GR record or testing a build. That said I do enjoy watching Modz quite a bit, but that's mostly because I like the music he plays and I personally find him to be an entertaining fellow. So it's mostly for entertainment purposes as opposed to watching the actual gameplay.

Dahbomb

Watching Kripp and Athene zerg down OG Diablo 3 Inferno was hella entertaining though.

God damn the game was ass back in the day.

eek5

I actually got so many blood shards doing it. Do the blood gob spawn more in normal zones rather than rifts or something? I usually do rifts with the mind to hopefully get lucky on gobs but they are usually absent or just the normal, or gem gob. When I started the season my 3rd monster was a blood goblin doing bounty in act1.

Doing groups like this level up help seem to produce more legendaries since I have a reason to keep going and not afk every zone or something. I got a set piece that I needed, it's level 60 but it'll do. Need moar, may start joining public games like mentioned a few posts ago. I don't think I would be leeching so I should be ok. I can probably do T5 but speeding through T4 with more people should help on finding more loot. If this work I may have to give up my solo ways.

I think they upped the gob spawn in normal zones but the they opened up the variety as well. That treasure bounty in Caverns of Araneae sometimes spawns 3-4 goblins.. pretty cool.

They seemed to break regular goblins though.. they only drop like 1 item now. Pretty disappointing.

Ploid 3.0

I think they upped the gob spawn in normal zones but the they opened up the variety as well. That treasure bounty in Caverns of Araneae sometimes spawns 3-4 goblins.. pretty cool.

They seemed to break regular goblins though.. they only drop like 1 item now. Pretty disappointing.

Thanks for the heads up, I will try this zone.

Watching Kripp and Athene zerg down OG Diablo 3 Inferno was hella entertaining though.

God damn the game was ass back in the day.

I liked watching these for the rips. The people on his mumble, or other's they talk about mourning or laughing at their deaths. I liked watching the Path of Exile hardcore more though. So many races, seasonal things, and so many valuable items lost to R.I.P.s. Starting over in POE was a lot different, in Diablo it seem like they can snap their finger and they are back where they left off, I didn't even know Nugiyen died this weekend until someone on his stream mentioned it. Less than a few hours he's back to normal.

eek5

Also killing the aspects in A4 to get il63 blue weapons since it was better than anything else you could get. *shudder*. D3 was a mess back then lol

tyrael "follower" was beast though

I've got 4 pieces of UE now. Just need boots and helm, but both my current ones there are ancient.

The dumb thing is I've gambled all the other DH set boots besides UE.

Have 3 pieces of Marauder and an ancient rucksack sitting in my stash right now.

Did finally get a socket on my god ouroboros today so there's that.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Act 5 chest runs when RoS came out were dumb as shit too. Amazing the boring crap people will do to actually avoid playing the game

If there was a mechanism where people could literally watch paint dry for an hour (verified using eye tracking, etc) and then get significantly increased drop rates for long enough that including the paint watching "strategy" was optimal for progression, they would do it.

(Someone else's example, I think it came up on an auction house thread or something)

Firemind

Does leapquake still exist? I'm still in the process of leveling my barb and I suddenly remember how much fun leaping into unsuspecting mobs really is.

eek5

barb bros

gamble strategy:
Code:
Pants:      IK, Raekor, Waste, Earth  # Gamble Odds: 1 / 78
Boots:      IK, Raekor, Waste         # Gamble Odds: 1 / 78
Shoulders:  Raekor, Waste, Earth      # Gamble Odds: 1 / 85
Gloves:     IK, Raekor, Waste, Earth  # Gamble Odds: 1 / 90
Helm:       IK, Raekor, Waste, Earth  # Gamble Odds: 1 / 105
Chest:      IK, Raekor, Waste         # Gamble Odds: 1 / 105
Belt:       IK                        # Gamble Odds: 1 / 150
Wpn:        IK                        # Gamble Odds: 1 / 225 
Wpn:        BK                        # Gamble Odds: 1 / 360

MrDaravon

Nat 6-piece is ridiculous. With unoptimized gear (still using bola quiver with bola as a generator and CA LfB etc etc) I went with doing fine in T2 to killing T2 elites in anywhere from 0-2 seconds. Goddamn.

Now I can carry eek!

Nat 6-piece is ridiculous. With unoptimized gear (still using bola quiver with bola as a generator and CA LfB etc etc) I went with doing fine in T2 to killing T2 elites in anywhere from 0-2 seconds. Goddamn.

Now I can carry eek!

Yep. Finished this last night also. Nat 6 piece using Strafe and Rain of Vengeance I can do T6 rifts in sub 10minutes. However I get pretty much 1 shot, trying to find ways to stack more toughness but it's difficult.

Just using this to finish off the UE set anyway so not overly concerned about dying. Though I will definitely return to this build once I find the right pieces to do 3 minute T6 rifts.

Haven't tried using the 6 piece for a CA build yet, might give that a shot tonight.

MrDaravon

Yep. Finished this last night also. Nat 6 piece using Strafe and Rain of Vengeance I can do T6 rifts in sub 10minutes. However I get pretty much 1 shot, trying to find ways to stack more toughness but it's difficult.

Just using this to finish off the UE set anyway so not overly concerned about dying. Though I will definitely return to this build once I find the right pieces to do 3 minute T6 rifts.

Haven't tried using the 6 piece for a CA build yet, might give that a shot tonight.

Yeah I actually got a decent DML, so right now I'm running Entangling Shot as a generator (when I need it, which isn't often) with Multishot instead of CA, seems to be working much better overall. T2 was efficient before, but now I'm facerolling T4. I can do T6 but a bit squishy. I just got my 4th UE piece (near perfect Ancient shoulders), if I get one more I guess I'll check that build out. I mostly see people reference that in combination with Krider + Ball Lightning, but don't see why you couldn't run what I'm doing with it for the Multishot.

Yeah I actually got a decent DML, so right now I'm running Entangling Shot as a generator (when I need it, which isn't often) with Multishot instead of CA, seems to be working much better overall. T2 was efficient before, but now I'm facerolling T4. I can do T6 but a bit squishy. I just got my 4th UE piece (near perfect Ancient shoulders), if I get one more I guess I'll check that build out. I mostly see people reference that in combination with Krider + Ball Lightning, but don't see why you couldn't run what I'm doing with it for the Multishot.

As soon as I finish the UE set I plan to use the Chakram variant of the MS build since I already have the Chakram Quiver. Will replace it with a DML as soon as I get one though.

Addnan

As soon as I finish the UE set I plan to use the Chakram variant of the MS build since I already have the Chakram Quiver. Will replace it with a DML as soon as I get one though.
When the RGs life drops below 50-60% it just begins to melt. Look amazing.

I have a perfectly rolled meticulous bolt for when I have an ancient Krider. Lol. Like that will ever drop and then also have high sec disc.

Popnbake

Is this worth using a gift on for tal rasha set?

xDOuJYG.png

Dahbomb

Is this worth using a gift on for tal rasha set?

xDOuJYG.png
It's not bad but for fully optimized Tal Rasha set up you want the Source because it will allow you to run the set without the RoRG (as the Meteor boots are essential) and Serpeant Sparker. You probably want to run this with the full set which means Belt, Pants, Chest, Helm, Amulet and Gloves.

I would Gift it anyway because from my experience getting a godlike weapon is more rare than getting a Gift. And that weapon certainly is godlike.

Dahbomb

Isn't Tal's off hand required if you're going to use Nilfur's Boast (Meteor Boots)?

I'm also using that Grand Vizier since I still don't have Tal's Ammy.
It's not required as you now have more pieces to the Tal Rasha set. You have Pants and Gloves for the Tal Rasha set which are new to 2.2.

So you can use the Nilfur's Boost with the Grand Vizier and do sizeable damage.

Popnbake

It's not bad but for fully optimized Tal Rasha set up you want the Source because it will allow you to run the set without the RoRG (as the Meteor boots are essential) and Serpeant Sparker. You probably want to run this with the full set which means Belt, Pants, Chest, Helm, Amulet and Gloves.

I would Gift it anyway because from my experience getting a godlike weapon is more rare than getting a Gift. And that weapon certainly is godlike.

Alright, thanks for the reply.
Only found 1 gift last season so hopefully my luck is better for this one in case I find a sparker.

Isn't Tal's off hand required if you're going to use Nilfur's Boast (Meteor Boots)?

I'm also using that Grand Vizier since I still don't have Tal's Ammy.

You should still be able to run the 6 piece setup without it but you won't have Tasker/Theo.

Hate being stuck at work when there is so much I want to try out in Diablo. Currently only playing one class, don't think I can even handle having an alt in seasons right now.

Haven't been this excited about the game since RoS launched. There's still some key issues to be fixed but damn Blizz, good job with 2.2.

Have 5 piece UE with a 59% DML. Shit just melts now, it's absurd. Also have 5 piece Maurader's with an ancient rucksack which might be pretty good as an alternative. Just missing the helm for both. Need focus/restraint after finishing the full 6-piece though and I'll be a complete beast. And an ancient weapon, thinking Buriza might be slightly better than Krider, but IDK. Have been getting resource starved with my current Krider since it only generates 3 hatred so I had to switch back to bat companion when I ditched marked for death to get the preparation rune that gives you extra max disc after finishing the set.

But yeah. On the hunt for a few good things now, and probably interested in crafting a hellfire ammy since there really isn't anything better, but it has to roll really well in terms of crit and chd since my current one is near maxed.

Have 5 piece UE with a 59% DML. Shit just melts now, it's absurd. Also have 5 piece Maurader's with an ancient rucksack which might be pretty good as an alternative. Just missing the helm for both. Need focus/restraint after finishing the full 6-piece though and I'll be a complete beast. And an ancient weapon, thinking Buriza might be slightly better than Krider, but IDK. Have been getting resource starved with my current Krider since it only generates 3 hatred so I had to switch back to bat companion when I ditched marked for death to get the preparation rune that gives you extra max disc after finishing the set.

But yeah. On the hunt for a few good things now, and probably interested in crafting a hellfire ammy since there really isn't anything better, but it has to roll really well in terms of crit and chd since my current one is near maxed.

Coming along nicely.

I am in Australia so our play times will be completely different but I would be down for spending some time with a group on the weekend collecting keys and doing ubers for the HF ammy. Weekend would be the best chance to be online at the same time.

Wallach

Yeah, the UE set is ridiculous. This is where I'm at now:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Metzger-1974/hero/60382071

T6 rifts are pretty much one-shot territory. I two-shot a Rift Guardian last night because Convention hit Fire right as he turned active. Shit's crazy. I'm not even rocking many really good rolls on this stuff.

Once I get a Restraint I'm going to probably swap to Bane of the Trapped + Iceblink and switch the generator to Evasive Fire - Focus. I have a Witching Hour but I'm sticking to the Krelm's for T6 rift farming just for the speed. Even if I swap Witching Hour in for GRifts I'm definitely keeping the Krelm bracer; that shit is perfect for this build, as it makes you immune to Vortex so you don't need to spend any Discipline to get out of the pulls alive and doesn't mess with your distance.

Dahbomb

Most of the classes are god mode in T6 now. The power creep is so real in this game.

Though I don't think anything is touching Monks right now in T6 performance.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
So I'm new to this game(played TL and TL2 though) and I just gotta say...

I found whimsydale

It was fucked up

But so worth it for the loot

d7z30Ty.gif

I love that you are still rocking that avatar.

Whimsydale actually sucks loot and exp wise if I remember correctly.
Gotta get dat min/max.

Dahbomb

Should I re-roll the meteor dge higher or should I re-roll the CD for socket or vit? Or maybe I am missing something entirely.
BvWl8Bd.jpg
I probably wouldn't change anything on there... especially not rolling CDR into Socket. That's a godly roll on that source all around.

Should I re-roll the meteor dge higher or should I re-roll the CD for socket or vit? Or maybe I am missing something entirely.
BvWl8Bd.jpg

CDR for 1000 vit believe me. You don't need CDR on tal rasha anyway, especially if you have the teleport wand (which you should get imo), and 6% CDR is a very low roll.

Addnan

Use the Elemental Arrow built with the krider. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCLewvBlet8 You will only be using your hatred to trigger the F+R.

I love that you are still rocking that avatar.

Whimsydale actually sucks loot and exp wise if I remember correctly.
Gotta get dat min/max.
ROFL it's more laziness than anything, never found a better one.

Really? I just remember getting a bunch of rates, not really great ones but eh. Must be because I'm relatively low level still(30).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom