• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Addnan

I played for 6 hours yesterday getting my character to 70 and I was exhausted after that.

I guess I am getting old, can't marathon like I used to.

I got home at 12am and managed to get to lv 20 before I fell asleep. Woke up in the morning and I had friends already doing T6 lol. I got a plevel this season, I was a leech.

Grinding 1 to 70 solo is just fucking exhausting because of how much it's boring
First hour is fun, last hour is kinda exciting because you're getting there, but the rest ? fuck that

Grinding 1 to 70 solo is just fucking exhausting because of how much it's boring
First hour is fun, last hour is kinda exciting because you're getting there, but the rest ? fuck that

Lol the first few minutes got boring already. I managed to get through it though and hit 70 in a few hours this morning after drinking too much last night.

The 69-70 is where you HOPE legendaries don't drop. I got a wyrmwood RIGHT before 70. Frustrating indeed.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
The most annoying thing is your progress outpaces your loot

So for a melee class like barb, you're basically stuck on lower difficulties for a while

But if you could get a level 70 35-40 grift person to join a T6 game you make, it takes like 4- 5 complete rift clears to level up and it can be done very very quickly

Dahbomb

You can just do early Greater Rifts (like 1-20) and they normally give a Legendary per run. Pretty easy way to gear up early on.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
We're in the WoW BC-era clown costume phase. Feels bad man.

Yup, this is pretty accurate.
rainbow_gear_2085.jpg

Rainbow Pimp Gear

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
You can just do early Greater Rifts (like 1-20) and they normally give a Legendary per run. Pretty easy way to gear up early on.

This was my strategy last season. I stopped doing reg rifts that much and just started doing greaters from rank 1 and maxing out

MrDaravon

I don't think there are anymore, but are there ANY DH builds that still use attack speed? I got a RRoG that rolled with a socket, and I want to make sure I should roll off the attack speed instead of the LpH. I don't remember there being any since breakpoints kinda stopped mattering when they changed Maras, and I took a look around reddit and diablofans and didn't see any builds referencing it at all.

Dahbomb

I don't think there are anymore, but are there ANY DH builds that still use attack speed? I got a RRoG that rolled with a socket, and I want to make sure I should roll off the attack speed instead of the LpH. I don't remember there being any since breakpoints kinda stopped mattering when they changed Maras, and I took a look around reddit and diablofans and didn't see any builds referencing it at all.
Pretty sure the UE Blue Ball Build requires attack speed.

Got my Dead Man's Legacy today, so that's a key part of the build done on Day 1/2. It's only okay, but it'll get the job done. Probably gamble for a better one eventually when all my other slots are filled out, but for now it's a pretty big power increase. Now I need a Kridershot or Buriza, besides other pieces of UE. Got the chest, but have Marauder's shoulders at the moment.

mileS

Started a barb. Then I started thinking why. Never really enjoyed the charge set playstyle. WW is fun for a short time until it gets to the point where I question why I'm playing a game where I have an action bar full of buffs, and hold down one button stearing my character around. Been there done that. No offense to any main barbs out there. Loved it for a bit but its not for me (to main at least) hate to be flavor of the month again but watching these Wizard videos has me interested. At least it looks like you can have multiple builds and play styles. The new tal set with slow time mixed in looks fun and at the very least demands more of your attention to win.

Xeteh

So I hit 70 earlier on my Crusader. Joined a T1 game to do a rift and get a GRift key. Did my L1 GR... set piece dropped, I was super stoked. I picked it up and said "Come on Roland's...." It was Tal Rasha.

DrAg0nBoY

Anyone from Europe would like to level up a seasonal character? I really don't want to level up alone, heh.

My battlenet tag is: DrAg0nBoY#2687

Yeah, I got to 30 before I decided to back out of this season. Deleted the character and am taking a break from the game for awhile, lol.

During the second season I got use to getting characters leveled fast thanks to the Gem of Ease.

Started a barb. Then I started thinking why. Never really enjoyed the charge set playstyle. WW is fun for a short time until it gets to the point where I question why I'm playing a game where I have an action bar full of buffs, and hold down one button stearing my character around. Been there done that. No offense to any main barbs out there. Loved it for a bit but its not for me (to main at least) hate to be flavor of the month again but watching these Wizard videos has me interested. At least it looks like you can have multiple builds and play styles. The new tal set with slow time mixed in looks fun and at the very least demands more of your attention to win.

Yep, this was why I went with Wizard this season. I already played Charge barb and got a solid week of WW barb. It isn't fun...sorry.

Go WD or Wizard, both have great diversity.

Yep, this was why I went with Wizard this season. I already played Charge barb and got a solid week of WW barb. It isn't fun...sorry.

Go WD or Wizard, both have great diversity.

I'd say depending on whether you just want quick T6 or to push Grifts DH is also another solid option. Multishot, Rain of Vengeance, Strafe and the normal Marauders all looking to be solid for running T6. Not too sure about pushing Grifts at this stage, haven't looked into it yet.

Shit. Mis clicked and ruined a pair of Marauder gloves. Would have given me the 4 piece bonus too. Went to roll for CHD and accidentally clicked on CC as the stat to roll :(

Firemind

Shit, that's why I play Diablo. Right click and pick up loot. If I wanted to micro manage, Í'd play StarCraft. And barb isn't even my main. I hate how wizards have evolved. #buffarchon

Ancient Bombadier's on Day 3. WELP. Maybe Marauder's was destined to be this season. But UE is so much more entertaining.

And I got my Kridershot, though it's kinda poopy. Will be on the lookout for another.

ksan

5p dash set, ancient flying dragon (trash dmg range, but +10% with the ramaldingdong from my friend), only one of focus/restraint though
feels pretty dec

yamo

Decided to play Demon Hunter for S3. Played Witch Doctor and Crusader in S1 and Wizard in S2 .

Managed to get 2 piece Natalya, Marauder and Unhallowed Essence so far.. ><
Hoping to get a full Natalya asap!

So the new tal rasha is pretty strong. Blazing through 35-37 grifts in 5 minutes with a not optimized at all gear, got the convention ring too with a good roll
Playing ice meteor, fire hydra, lightning black hole and arcane TP, works pretty well but cooldowns are annoying

Gotta play my RoRG though cause I haven't found the hat and the gloves yet, once I get both I can put unity on and some bonus item, probably cindercoat or witching hour or tasker & theo, have yet to decide. Maybe leo crown too. I can probably play aughild shoulders+bracers for now

edit : oh well it's up to date here
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Shugga-2416/hero/8611077

Wallach

Man, I've had a blast this weekend with my first Seasonal character. This new DH set was made for me. I get to spam Multishot for big deeps, and I may actually have a reason to equip a Kridershot someday on the off-chance that an Ancient one drops. I'm guessing Physical will still be strong here as well with a Buriza and Broadside/Devouring. Whichever drops as Ancient first, I guess. Edit - wait, I forgot they changed Devouring to Cold. RIP in pierces that idea. I'll probably still play with something silly like Depth Diggers, Ninth Cirri & Simplicity's Strength if I come across an Ancient Buriza. Edit 2 Actually Iceblink + BotT + Zei's might do more work overall in that scenario. I hope I get the chance to mess with this myself.

I've had pretty good luck this weekend; my stuff is all mediocre at best rolls for the most part, but I have an Ancient crossbow, 6 pieces of UE, a DML, a Convention; even crap versions of that stuff is way beyond the threshold for solo T6 farming. Should be pretty smooth sailing from here already.

One night of farming and I now have full Mara and Unhallowed.

Damn, lucky. 18hours played, sitting on 3mara, 2 ue, 2 nats. I have got 5 pairs of UE gloves so far.

Just got the 4 piece bonus for Nat's last night(with RoRG), combination of Turret+CB+RoV farming T2/3 atm.

Really want to finish UE so I can try out a Multishot build. Feel like I need the quiver before it will work though.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Hey now... Ballis is strong enough to carry people on T6.
everyone hit him up with powerlevel requests

hahahaha, you have a point there.

But that would be against Ballis' contract with Blizzard.

Wallach

I just checked the normal Buriza I saved to give that one follower I never use at the Mystic; you can't roll the chance to freeze off the item for Discipline. That sucks. Blizzard pls. Buriza-bro deserves better.

Radec

Leg drop seems pretty above average.

I'm farming in T3 on my para 20 wiz and I've been getting decent leg drops already.

I've finally started this on PS4 at the weekend, i've just finished Act 1 and am around Lv24 I think, i'm enjoying it so far as i've not played a dungeon crawler for years.

I've got no idea what all this seasons stuff is people keep talking about and i'm still learning about the gear but i'm having fun so far, I guess i'll learn about stuff as I go on, i've had a look online and there is so much information out there it's a bit overwhelming!

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Man, I have no idea how some of you do it. I'm seeing GAF'ers with seasonal characters who have a higher paragon level than my non-seasonal characters do!!!! And everyone is 70 already, and many of you are talking about GR's already. I played for a good eight hours already since Friday night and my new barb is only at level 55, but that seems about right because every season it's taken me about 12-15 hours to level up to 70. And that's doing non stop bounties and often times playing in random four mans for more XP.

I just don't know how some of you level so fast, clearly I'm simply doing something wrong....

Addnan

Damn, lucky. 18hours played, sitting on 3mara, 2 ue, 2 nats. I have got 5 pairs of UE gloves so far.

Just got the 4 piece bonus for Nat's last night(with RoRG), combination of Turret+CB+RoV farming T2/3 atm.

Really want to finish UE so I can try out a Multishot build. Feel like I need the quiver before it will work though.

The way we are gearing is very different that's all :p. You are doing it legit and seems about right how much you have. I have amazing friends in dire need of a carry, so they ran T6 for me. Lots of quick T6 rifts, followed by gambling geared me up quick, so now I can just work on my own time getting the most out of my gear.

Is that 4 piece Mara with a rorg? You should be table to clear T5 maybe T6 with that fairly ok.

Radec

Man, I have no idea how some of you do it. I'm seeing GAF'ers with seasonal characters who have a higher paragon level than my non-seasonal characters do!!!! And everyone is 70 already, and many of you are talking about GR's already. I played for a good eight hours already since Friday night and my new barb is only at level 55, but that seems about right because every season it's taken me about 12-15 hours to level up to 70. And that's doing non stop bounties and often times playing in random four mans for more XP.

I just don't know how some of you level so fast, clearly I'm simply doing something wrong....

After you hit 70, go to Torment 2 or 3 pubs immediately and leech exp and items!

:D

If someone notice you're not doing anything but leech, leave. and join a new group. lol

that's what I did after hitting 70 with full yellow gear.

Addnan

After you hit 70, go to Torment 2 or 3 pubs immediately and leech exp and items!

:D

If someone notice you're not doing anything but leech, leave. and join a new group. lol

that's what I did after hitting 70 with full yellow gear.

Scumbags :p

Yellows and some legendaries should be able to do T1 fairly easily.

Is Battle.net really slow to update lately? Before I used to log out and then it would be updated almost isntantly, now it seems to take forever.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
When you have a nagelring... no one will notice

Even at 400k DPS, each of the lunatics are hitting for 100 million damage

I've finally started this on PS4 at the weekend, i've just finished Act 1 and am around Lv24 I think, i'm enjoying it so far as i've not played a dungeon crawler for years.

I've got no idea what all this seasons stuff is people keep talking about and i'm still learning about the gear but i'm having fun so far, I guess i'll learn about stuff as I go on, i've had a look online and there is so much information out there it's a bit overwhelming!

Level 70 is when diablo begins... 1-70 is just a grind

Also seasons are PC only... but all the stuff in season 3 already drops on PS4.

Adventure mode - bounties and rifts is what 99% of diablo players do after the story mode is out of the way

When you have a nagelring... no one will notice

Even at 400k DPS, each of the lunatics are hitting for 100 million damage

Level 70 is when diablo begins... 1-70 is just a grind

Also seasons are PC only... but all the stuff in season 3 already drops on PS4.

Adventure mode - bounties and rifts is what 99% of diablo players do after the story mode is out of the way

Thanks for that information, i'll keep grinding away with my monk!

Wallach

My season 3 luck continues. Finally got a Ramaladni's for my ancient Pus Spitter, an ancient DML, and a few other ancient pieces. Cleared GR 37 fairly easily just before I logged off; tonight after work I'm going to push 40+. If I can get a Restraint to drop I'll be well on my way, or an immortal Templar relic so I could go Unity + Convention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom