• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

I think many people are in the same boat. Only way I can get a legitimate upgrade is if I get a Nat's Slayer (which I can combine with Calamity and my Nats Boots for a significant damage upgrade) or a Marauder Spaulder.

Yeah, I've just been at this point for nearly a month so it's been extra annoying.

Does anyone here play on max settings and manage to sustain 60 fps in 4-player games when fights get intense? My framerate is 60fps in small fights and everywhere else but when things get busy, it dips to as low as 20fps at times. I'm running a 560Ti and have turned off Reflections as well as moving Shadows to Medium and it still dips a lot. Thinking of upgrading my graphics card just for this. Any advice?

tick the 'low fx' box
it tones down all the particle effects which for me were destroying performance in 4 man groups
it runs better for me now with that ticked off (whereas setting everything else to low or max didnt make a difference for me)

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Finicky-2766/hero/42871032
Quake barb v0.95
I finally found managed to craft a devastator I could work with after almost 20 tries
Discovered my gloves still had attack speed on them from when I was lightning (linked my profile before as quake spec and noone point it out,you guys are useless :< )

Also found a unity with 5 percent crit chance and max elite dmg on it, pretty happy about that (first unity in 930+ rifts)

The only upgrades left for me now are a better roll on the aughild helmet, a better chain that doesn't waste a roll slot on weapon throw damage,(or a string of ears) and the arcane absorb necklace

I can do t5 now (and melt the ever living shit out of t6 hellrifts) but not having the arcane absorb necklace really hurts as a melee

My barb has had a really nice gearing curve so far, from the base gear to lightning spec gear through t1-2-3 to the earthen set + cindercoat for graduating to t4 and then filling out the rest with better weapons and good rolls on items to soon make it worth running t6
It's probably by accident that they ended up making such a natural gearing curve but it has been nice.
Shame it's so heavily reliant on being a lucky shit and actually finding the earth set and lut socks before dying of old age

joesmokey

I am noticing more people complaining about this similar;y, 5+ rifts for 1 leg.
This is why all of my "casual" friends have stopped playing. I say casual lightly as they're only casual compared to those of us who play much more each day. These are the type of people that aren't just waiting for the next patch (like I am) either. They've moved on and are pretty much gone for good.

The retention rate for Reaper of Souls at this point has to be abysmal for Blizzard.

Dahbomb

That curve is almost the same for every class.

Standard Legendaries plus basic cookie cutter build gets you through T1-T3 with every class.

Beyond that you can get to T4-T5 with specific neutral set pieces (Aughilds, Asheara, Cains etc) + specific Legendaries (Cindercoat, Shard of Hate, Krider Shot, Tasker and Theo, Mask of Jeram etc). After that you start needing class specific Sets like Marauders/Nats, Barb Sets, Akkhan, WD sets etc. This is where Monks fall behind hard... all they can do is optimize the stuff they have for T4-T5 until they can somewhat do T6 as well and it's still not comfortable.

Totakeke

Then when you reach T4-T5 you realize it's only even more tedious than you're at T1-T3 because getting equivalent or better stuffs still takes as much luck. :p

scy

Looks like it's time to start a new class!

Playing alts doesn't really make me feel better, though. Like, my Crusader is my most fun character at the moment so alts are just boring currently.

And, besides, my WD is basically in a similar boat of needing set pieces :x

I use Heaven's Fury (Blessed Ground) + Bowmen if I need the extra single-target damage. Otherwise, I use Shield Glare (Divine Verdict) for the Damage Bonus when grouped instead of Bowmen.

why does everyone else have a Holy Gyrfalcon's ;__;

Damn! Holy makes a big difference.

What a stupid passive.

xzoowy

The last few days been quite a turnaround for my WD, Ive went from a Fire Pet Build to a Cold DOT build. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/MentholMoose-1800/hero/43260179
In a 3 days period Ive gather a Quetzalcoatl, Stone of Jordan with Cold Damage, Frostburns, Sun Keeper and already had a Hwoj Wrap in my stash. Cold DOT build is fine for single player, as it takes some time and kiting to kill mobs/elites without the Jade Harvester Full Set Nuke. So you progress at a slower pace but have very high survivability as you hit once your foes with Haunt/Locust Swarm then run away and observe them die, Currently Haunt can reach as high as 20M+ every tick when it crits on elites, which is quite impressive. My previous Pet Fire build seemed better suited for fast group play, with Gargantuan punching like a truck and fetishes where melting elites quite fast.

tch

Ok I've been holding out on getting RoS but finally caved to today. What is the best way to dive in?
After beating act 5 do I do rifts? Adventure mode? Are these the same thing? And I only have a vague idea of shards and gambling and rerolling stats. Does the game do a good job of explaining all of these things?

Well, it's true. All the proof I need.

diEH3pk.jpg

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
i still havent had an invite to gaf clan asked 3 times now lol

scy

Today has actually been a productive day for drops. I finally got another set piece (ohgodstillneed1more), that Shard of Hate, a Firebird's piece :)lol), Restraint, and then some generically good rolls on some items.

Which means we're about to get shit for drops soon.

This might be quite controversial, but I really wish you could kick people who are a part of a private game. Earlier on I was playing with a buddy, happily rifting away, when another player joined out of nowhere (this is another can of worms, Blizzard, if it's a private game please inform me if someone who is in the same clan as I wants to join).

Would have been alright, but we were running a pretty steady series of rifts, only for said player to bone it up by ignoring my request to leave a conduit pylon alone so we could leave it for the rift guardian, then proceeding to draw a pack of elites in to the guardian for no particular reason.

He did apologize and mention something about being in his 30s and having kids, but he also ignored my earlier request that he leaves the game because he was pretty much ruining our speedy rift-running.

It's kind of shitty that they don't allow you to kick in non-public games. Not everyone in a clan likes playing with each other.

He did apologize and mention something about being in his 30s and having kids, but he also ignored my earlier request that he leaves the game because he was pretty much ruining our speedy rift-running.

Note, the descriptor has nothing to do with the events. So, I dunno what he's thinking.

<-- in my 30s and has kids, doesn't exempt you from willfully messing with someone's game. We're not technological idiots.

J0dy77

That's actually something I want to address. I hardly see anyone active nowadays in primary GAF clan. Heck I've had days with less than 5 people online and I don't even see clan officers being active. I think that there needs to be a clean up of non active members. My suggestion is to make a clan post and post in the Neogaf thread warning about the clean up and give everyone 2 to 4 weeks notice to PM or post someone indicating that they are still active. This should apply to all the GAF clans. After the inactive members have been removed, the active ones who weren't in the first GAF clan can choose to join it. The inactive ones can still join the other GAF clans later once its full again.

I think it needs to happen in the thread here. If the officers aren't online in game, they're never going to see it. Hopefully someone will see it and pass the torch to a more active member. We have some very active members in GafMAX that could compliment the main guild. Probably get a strong community going again.

RDreamer

Instead of trying to weed through existing clans, isn't it easier to create a whole new one that active people can then join? Seems to be the only easy way of getting only the active people to one clan.

Or boot out literally everyone from one clan and have actives all join and rejoin that specific one.

Sigmaah

Got a nice burning Axe today and a raekor helm. Don't really give a fuck about the helm tho SINCE IT'S NOT EARTH.

I can move onto fire now but nah I'll wait for the earth first.

jblank83

I think it needs to happen in the thread here.

Right, I never read the clan thread. Despite being active, I would be kicked for not reading some random post in that topic.

Better yet, just make a new post in the ingame message board.

In reference to a player needing an invite to the main clan, I can do invites. Maybe any member can, for that matter? I'm the one who invited Scy. So just find me or one of the other active members. That is, as long as there is space. Last I heard there were only one or two spots left after the inactive kicks.

Ramirez

I know it's highly unlikely, but I wish Blizzard would put in some of the better maps from D2 in a future patch. I'd love to do that A5 hill climb in HD. Most of the maps in D3 are abysmal, too many narrow walkways. Fucking spider cave!!

ZenaxPure

In reference to a player needing an invite to the main clan, I can do invites. Maybe any member can, for that matter? I'm the one who invited Scy. So just find me or one of the other active members. That is, as long as there is space. Last I heard there were only one or two spots left after the inactive kicks.

We're at the cap again I do believe, hence the discussion of needing to empty some more.

The only upgrades left for me now are a better roll on the aughild helmet, a better chain that doesn't waste a roll slot on weapon throw damage,(or a string of ears) and the arcane absorb necklace

seems rngesus is taking requests today
shortly after that post I dropped an awesome roll chain belt that doesn't waste a roll slot (rolled 15 percent life on it alongside all resist str and vit)
30k hp upgrade get.
got a mr YAN pants with perfect roll (good roll str vit all resist 2 sockets) from the same rift.

Then since after today my barb has pretty much no upgrades left the rngsus was like bro how about I hook you up with one of those newfangled Gyrfalcon flails from the GAF thread for your crusader you never play?
Then I talked to kadela and she gave me the Jekangbord shield immediately (150 shards right after the flail dropped:p)

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Finicky-2766/hero/40877047
my sader now

Just tried it on t4 (missing a potential 60 percent lightning dmg and 10 percent crit and 15 percent blessed shield dmg from rerolls/proper element on my items but I'm out of souls)
Taking the missing lightning dmg and 15 percent extra blessed shield dmg into account it's okay I guess (although the single target dmg isn't good), definitely viable for t4 but it feels shitty with the bad mobility from crusader even though I'm not getting the movespeed penalty anymore.

Burned through about 130 souls in the past 3 days with the sudden loot shower

th3dude

So I really want to get my Barb to 70 now that I found a Thunderfury. I'm at 63 now. Are there any "fast" ways these days?

I just beat the game on Normal for the first time on the PS3. I see that I'm already bumped up to Nightmare mode now, are there any bonuses for playing through it like how we get a boost in XP and Magic Items when we bump up the difficulty?

ElyrionX

I think something like 6 out of my last 7 weapon drops have been Two-Handed Swords, Two-Handed Axes or Staffs. Seriously, am I the only one getting trolled like this? I mean just drop me a fucking Monster Hunter and troll me with that orange Sword text on the ground for a second. At least, it's not as disappointing as a Two-Handed Axe orange text on the ground goddamnit.

EDIT: Just finished another rift and the RG droppd me a leg Staff.

Dahbomb

Radio silence on the next patch. Not even sure if they will get it out by Tuesday.

It's been a month since the game is released and basic stuff like damage % values still aren't fixed. Not a good look for Blizzard the moment.

ElyrionX

I think something like 6 out of my last 7 weapon drops have been Two-Handed Swords, Two-Handed Axes or Staffs. Seriously, am I the only one getting trolled like this? I mean just drop me a fucking Monster Hunter and troll me with that orange Sword text on the ground for a second. At least, it's not as disappointing as a Two-Handed Axe orange text on the ground goddamnit.

EDIT: Just finished another rift and the RG droppd me a leg Staff.

Just found a leg Daibo. I'm playing a Wiz.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I've requested to be part of the guild a few times but have been told it's full. Are there really people in the clan that are not active? Because I want in dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom