• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
7 aughilds chest armor. 6 of them spawned with a secondary res so no all res. The one that spawned with all res did not spawn with main stat.

I give up...

Dark_castle

Well that chart killed my hope of finding a level 70 witching hour.

I found two WH back to back last two days during rift runs, too bad both rolled low CD%. Just stick to Harrington if you have one. It's situational, but "chests" are everywhere, and the damage it gives is beyond insane, though I suspect the proc was a bug and supposed to only work on actual chests.

Dark_castle

Indeed, its so shitty when you get something you want and its bugged.

I got a Chantodo's Force and Chantodo's Will and the Force is bugged with its stats layout (its 3/3 instead of 4/2).

Yeah, I own the set as well. It's annoying to see Blizzard going out of their way to "fix" things that benefit players (FO, SoH) and not do a shit about the ones that hurt the players.

GorillaJu

So stoked. Went through about 25 or so legendary helms and spirit stones before I got this one, and the roll was pretty damn sweet.

swYSXca.png

GorillaJu

I am picking up my Monk again (Level 55)

Any build suggestions? I tried to ask someone I partied with but I was ignored.

Well, dahbomb has written tons of great info for monks on here, if you go digging through his posts in this thread I'm sure you'll find a lot of useful write-ups.

As for me, I absolutely love the build I'm using at the moment, because it's the most fun build I've played with any class in D3. Purely opinion of course, but Dashing Strikes, Sweeping Wind and Cyclone Strike are all so fun to me, for different reasons. It has everything, as far as I'm concerned, and the Stun/Knock-up combo from the primary/spender give you a lot of survivability too.

pmESBse.png

Fuck double post. Overestimated how fast this thread moves at odd hours :lol

Getting my Tempest Rush solo rift clears to sub 5 minutes. Happy with that. Speed clears seem less frustrating than trying to deal with the DPS/survivability issues at higher torments.

Now if only the game would drop anything besides Diabos and Two-Handers.

My luck turned around last night. I got a Cindercoat from Kadala, then I got some awful set ring off a champ in a rift. I pick it up, open a weapon rack, my treasure goblin picks up the white item, and then, as if he's been listening to me the whole time, he throws a Stone of Jordan at me.

I will never replace that Puzzle Ring.

All I need to do now is get it to fire damage and we're golden.

Insaniac

Hey Diablo GAF, I am working on a Lightning Wizz, here is my WIP build. Comments/Suggestions?

(I know, my chest armor and gloves and pauldron suck :D)

If you want to take advantage of Fulminators Proc, I found piercing orb to be the best at proccing it.

Also I'd substitue arcane orb spark for blackhole supermassive to group up enemies, and it works in conjunction with the fulminator proc.

If you want to take advantage of Fulminators Proc, I found piercing orb to be the best at proccing it.

Also I'd substitue arcane orb spark for blackhole supermassive to group up enemies, and it works in conjunction with the fulminator proc.

WOW, that blackhole is making my life so much easier!! Thx for the tips. NOt sure about the piercing orb tbh though, it seems a bit better umber wise, but less precise...

I also have this in my stash, would you consider equipping it and get back to electrocute?

Thx again!

Found a better RORG cache ring with 5.5 crit chance, should I roll damage on it or crit dmg?
dmg is pretty good for dual wield but I'm using two 1.2speed weapons atm

I'm earthquake spec barbarian

robochimp

Found a better RORG cache ring with 5.5 crit chance, should I roll damage on it or crit dmg?
dmg is pretty good for dual wield but I'm using two 1.2speed weapons atm

I'm earthquake spec barbarian

I would settle for which ever one you reroll first, there won't be much difference.

joesmokey

Hey Diablo GAF, I am working on a Lightning Wizz, here is my WIP build. Comments/Suggestions?

(I know, my chest armor and gloves and pauldron suck :D)
First, depending on what you are gearing for, let me save you the trouble and say you are much better off going with Fire or Arcane. Lightning is really only viable for up to T4. T5 and T6 are doable with Shard of Hate, but they're at least twice as slow farm wise. If you just want a change of pace to play lightning, it can be fun for a little while.

As far as your gear, well, there is a ton of room for improvement. You need to stack as much lightning damage as possible, ideally ~86% or so is the ceiling for lightning. Andariel's should have those type of rolls, but with the +lightning % on it. Your neck could benefit from +20% lightning damage legendary and you really need a Stone of Jordan. You should be seeking a glove with tri-fecta stats on it as you really need crit damage on them. Try to increase your gems as much as possible, since Wizards benefit hugely from +int gains. With this in mind, for lightning, you should be looking to benefit from 2 piece Firebird and 2 piece Vyr's set bonuses for the int gains. Aughild's also isn't bad for the +elite% dmg bonus (since you don't have Unity or SoJ). Basically, go with crit damage, crit chance, and attack speed. When properly geared, most of your damage will come from Electrocute or Shock Pulse (with Shard of Hate), so attack speed is very beneficial. Fulminator isn't really that great of a weapon proc, so ideally you'll want to replace that with whatever higher DPS weapon you find. Shard of Hate is the best for a lightning wizard, however Thunderfury works well too.

It also seems like you're trying to make up your toughness mostly from gear choices (like the All Res on your neck) when Wizards have the best skills in the game for this. Unless you're trying to only farm T1, there's no reason you shouldn't be using Energy Armor/Prismatic Armor. Unwavering Will is also really great to have and should replace Evocation (no real point to this as a lightning wizard). Not really sure of the major benefits for Astral Presence, but try using Prodigy instead.

And for proof, here's an older video of one of my lightning wizard builds before Shard of Hate.

As I said, it is fun to play as a change of pace, however it's not nearly as effective as Fire or Arcane.

Why is arcane any more viable for T5-T6? I can't think of anything that gives it in edge. Disintegrate\Arcane Torrent also require you to stand still for prolonged periods of time to take advantage of arcane dynamo, and that's kinda dangerous in the upper torments.

joesmokey

Why is arcane any more viable for T5-T6? I can't think of anything that gives it in edge. Disintegrate\Arcane Torrent also require you to stand still for prolonged periods of time to take advantage of arcane dynamo, and that's kinda dangerous in the upper torments.
Archon CDR build allows you to tear through the elites much faster and much more reliably.

Dahbomb

It's the Archon build. They just stack CDR until they can get near infinite Archon time with the Vyr set that gives you all runes with Archon.

Just noticed that we are in the Community now.

Azulsky

xASlKKd.png

Thank you <SLAIN>diligaf , for giving me this instead of salvaging it for that extra forgotten soul stack in your stash. I am forever in your debt.

I guess the Carnevil build was short lived lol, or I can make another WD.

Whilst its known some legendaries are obviously rarer than others, I don't know whether I trust that loot table.

I don't want to believe it because it makes me want to give up on my last few items!

So stoked. Went through about 25 or so legendary helms and spirit stones before I got this one, and the roll was pretty damn sweet.

swYSXca.png

Gotdamn! My Monk would love that.

First, depending on what you are gearing for, let me save you the trouble and say you are much better off going with Fire or Arcane. Lightning is really only viable for up to T4. T5 and T6 are doable with Shard of Hate, but they're at least twice as slow farm wise. If you just want a change of pace to play lightning, it can be fun for a little while.

As far as your gear, well, there is a ton of room for improvement. You need to stack as much lightning damage as possible, ideally ~86% or so is the ceiling for lightning. Andariel's should have those type of rolls, but with the +lightning % on it. Your neck could benefit from +20% lightning damage legendary and you really need a Stone of Jordan. You should be seeking a glove with tri-fecta stats on it as you really need crit damage on them. Try to increase your gems as much as possible, since Wizards benefit hugely from +int gains. With this in mind, for lightning, you should be looking to benefit from 2 piece Firebird and 2 piece Vyr's set bonuses for the int gains. Aughild's also isn't bad for the +elite% dmg bonus (since you don't have Unity or SoJ). Basically, go with crit damage, crit chance, and attack speed. When properly geared, most of your damage will come from Electrocute or Shock Pulse (with Shard of Hate), so attack speed is very beneficial. Fulminator isn't really that great of a weapon proc, so ideally you'll want to replace that with whatever higher DPS weapon you find. Shard of Hate is the best for a lightning wizard, however Thunderfury works well too.

It also seems like you're trying to make up your toughness mostly from gear choices (like the All Res on your neck) when Wizards have the best skills in the game for this. Unless you're trying to only farm T1, there's no reason you shouldn't be using Energy Armor/Prismatic Armor. Unwavering Will is also really great to have and should replace Evocation (no real point to this as a lightning wizard). Not really sure of the major benefits for Astral Presence, but try using Prodigy instead.

And for proof, here's an older video of one of my lightning wizard builds before Shard of Hate.

As I said, it is fun to play as a change of pace, however it's not nearly as effective as Fire or Arcane.

Nice post, you killed all my ambitions in just a few lines :D

I am definitely not playing enough to hit Torment 4+ in the next days so the game will most probably going to be patched a few times in the mean time :) (which means that Lightning will hopefully be a sustainable progression path by then...) (yeah, I just don't want to play a fire mage, as we already have 3 in my team of 10....).

That said, thanks a million for all your precise comments, I'll start working on all of this in the next few days, we'll see where it will get me to, if you don't mind I'll post change now and then in this thread to see if stuff are headed in the right direction, thx again!

IlludiumQ36

Following up on my 3-for-25 Forgottem Soul to Rift ratio from Friday and Saturday, today I'm 2 for 15.

FORTY rifts, FIVE souls. That is just infuriating. I'm not getting enough legendaries to offset it and I'm running out of keystones. Tired of doing the same bounties over and over. I'm absolutely pigeon-holed by the inability to craft or re-roll items.

I swear the game knows when you are getting a healthy collection of souls. Everytime I reach about 30+ in my stash the Mystic decides its time to make me dump 20 souls in getting the stat I want and even then it isn't a very good roll. Then its a choice of whether I keep my last few souls or try improve the roll.

RDreamer

Game's getting really discouraging. I haven't found anything even remotely good in a long while. And I've still got like 3 rings that refuse to re-roll. Feel like I've played a metric ton the last week and got literally nowhere. I don't remember any legs dropping today except a fucking templar item, despite doing a good amount of rifts.

DEO3

Not really sure what I should be gambling for at this point, as it feels like I've pretty much completed my Mirrorball build:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/deo-1305/hero/43817248

An amulet maybe? I can't think of any legendary particularly suited to a fire build so I've been more than content with my rare. Would a Thunderfury put out more damage than a Burning Axe? I could try and gamble one of those up, with the off chance I end up with a Wand of Woh. I feel as though I've pretty much capped out what this build is capable of, clearing T4s in 15 mins, T3s in 10 mins, and T1/2 in 5-8 mins by just Wave of Forcing my way through everything. I haven't had a single piece of Vyr's drop for me so making the switch to a T5/6 arcane build is a looooong way off I'm afraid.

joesmokey

Nice post, you killed all my ambitions in just a few lines :D

I am definitely not playing enough to hit Torment 4+ in the next days so the game will most probably going to be patched a few times in the mean time :) (which means that Lightning will hopefully be a sustainable progression path by then...) (yeah, I just don't want to play a fire mage, as we already have 3 in my team of 10....).

That said, thanks a million for all your precise comments, I'll start working on all of this in the next few days, we'll see where it will get me to, if you don't mind I'll post change now and then in this thread to see if stuff are headed in the right direction, thx again!
No problem, I didn't mean to be too discouraging :).

Really, it all depends on what type of player you are. If you're the type that just wants to play with friends around T3/T4 level, a full lightning mage will do just fine. If you instead are only happy if you can push through to T5/T6 content, then it's definitely wisest to look at another build. I'm the latter type which is why I eventually went with full fire.

ferr

So legendary drop rate rules out the tier drop system? More like a uniform common/uncommon/rare drop rate %. Calamity sure is rare. And those anti-element amulets..

kmfdmpig

This is probably a dumb question.
With followers they benefit primarily from their primary stat and then also vitality.
It seems like their crit chance maxes out at 15% and their crit damage at 150.
Does this mean that socketed weapons should use either Diamonds or Rubies assuming the 15 and 150 are already met or almost met.
If so, any suggestions for which.

With non-weapon sockets I'm guessing just the primary stat is the best bet.

I have Asheara's set, so maxing out my followers should help a lot (and there's not a whole lot left to change on my wizard (Woh + mirrorball + aughild's + asheara's + magefist + cindercoat).

Thanks for any suggestions.

kmfdmpig

Not really sure what I should be gambling for at this point, as it feels like I've pretty much completed my Mirrorball build:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/deo-1305/hero/43817248

An amulet maybe? I can't think of any legendary particularly suited to a fire build so I've been more than content with my rare. Would a Thunderfury put out more damage than a Burning Axe? I could try and gamble one of those up, with the off chance I end up with a Wand of Woh. I feel as though I've pretty much capped out what this build is capable of, clearing T4s in 15 mins, T3s in 10 mins, and T1/2 in 5-8 mins by just Wave of Forcing my way through everything. I haven't had a single piece of Vyr's drop for me so making the switch to a T5/6 arcane build is a looooong way off I'm afraid.

Isn't Oroboros a decent amulet to target?
The gems seem like the easiest upgrade, but your wiz looks solid.
The Wand of Woh is amazingly fun. I must have gotten lucky as I got it a while ago and have not gotten sick of it at all. Meteor + Explosive Blast = everything burns.

Four legs in one rift, then two coming out literally a second apart at the beginning of the next one, then 2 legs in each of the next rifts, and one from Kadala. Even the Wizard I'm leveling suddenly found one in Hard mode on Campaign.

Granted, most of them got ground into souls, and one of them was a set plan for quite possibly the worst set I've ever seen, but still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom