• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jersoc

What's the best way to farm the mats for Aughild's?

t3+ act 1. festering woods theres 2 bounties. gable and something else with an F.

matriarch's bone bounties. good luck! i spent a whole weekend doing it and kept rolling shit. i would look at communities and team up with others. solo is not worth it, imo.

Discobird

What's the best way to farm the mats for Aughild's?

Look for the following bounties

T1: Fecklar's Ghost, Hawthorne Gable, Matriarch's Bones (kill the named ghost before turning in the quest)

T2: Tomekeeper, Archivist, Tomb of Khan Dakab

Join the "Mat Farming" community and keep an eye out for people calling out that they have these bounties in their game. Do the highest torment you can.

ZenaxPure

Edit: Is this proc affected by +Fire Damage?

It has to be, when I was playing with the one I have it was critting for upwards of 10 million at times. Sadly you need to be in a group or have pretty high pick up radius to really make it shine. Barbarian can pop out tons of globes with shout, but half the time they end up outside of the packs you are fighting.

Like I said, just make a clan post and thread post about cutting members and ask them to PM you or make a post in the clan thread. If they're not active enough to read the clan post within a week or two, they're not active enough to be in the clan.

I think this is the way to go. Make posts in the clan chat and posts here as well.

Maybe start a post where people quote each other here to start a list for people wanting in.

Ultratech

Look for the following bounties

T1: Fecklar's Ghost, Hawthorne Gable, Matriarch's Bones (kill the named ghost before turning in the quest)

T2: Tomekeeper, Archivist, Tomb of Khan Dakab

Join the "Mat Farming" community and keep an eye out for people calling out that they have these bounties in their game. Do the highest torment you can.

This is how I did it.

And yeah, the Mat Farming community does help out a bit if somebody's going after similar mats.

So the same guy that gave me my Nat's Slayer also gave me this amulet tonight. He's like my 2nd Kadala.

tlRjD6S.png

4th reroll on that. So lucky.

Kinda annoyed that it seems I can't actually drop anything good on my own in rifts.

Tarazet

i just started playing Hardcore again. I got a Monk up to 19 in vanilla D3, never bothered to go the rest of the way. I smoked through the Campaign mode once and then started a Wizard, since it seems like Monks are fairly pathetic in Hardcore mode. I swear Dodge used to interact with special attacks and ground effects, but I guess either I'm remembering it wrong or it got stealth-nerfed. I buffed my softcore Monk up to 9300 Dex, put on all the dodgey abilities, and he was still a paper tiger on T3.

But rather than cry I'll just join the crowd. Hardcore Wiz seems like it will be a load of fun.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
So the same guy that gave me my Nat's Slayer also gave me this amulet tonight. He's like my 2nd Kadala.
4th reroll on that. So lucky.

Kinda annoyed that it seems I can't actually drop anything good on my own in rifts.

My pants just got tighter.

That ammy is gorgeous!

Got mask of Jarem from Kadala
626 int
100 all resistance
6 crit chance
98% pet damage!!!!!
I think next destination is Zunimassa's set

Lain

Got some useless stuff yesterday, but also a couple Warzechian Armguards, one of which was a nice upgrade compared to the one I was using, so I tried to put +cold damage on it to replace my own. Now this is funny, because in the past I tried to put +fire on my own, and I kept getting cold cold cold so I said suck it and went with cold. Well now that I wanted to put cold on the new one what I got was +fire. I said fuck it and stashed it away for a future fire build, along with the cindercoat.

I also spent a lot of money to cut gems to reroll the Ring of Royal Grandeur and after going through 13/15 millions I managed to get 6% crit hit on it. I'm quite happy with it now, althoguh I wished it had some crit dmg to begin with too, instead of just attack speed.
Now I need to save a lot of money to try and put crit dmg on the SoJ.

Now for a stupid question, because I have no idea about it and hopefully someone can tell me, would 3% dmg on a skill be better than say, 20ish int? I'm using a pair of set pants with 428 int and 15% to magic missile and found another pair with 454 but 12% to magic missile. It would be a downgrade to use the new ones, right?

Svafnir

Well, I'm pretty darn sure I've looted some 0% items, but I might be misunderstanding that.

0% items is because the game isn't on torment or smart loot won't allow it to drop, if smart loot fails then it can drop. Like a 15% chance for smart loot not to work.

However, I am curious about the information. Apparently it comes from a Korean leak? Sounds a little fishy. Yes some items are rarer than others, blizzard has confirmed that. So not sure if these numbers are legit.

Totakeke

Mortal Drama being common explains a lot. Blade of Prophecy being common doesn't explain anything. :(

In before and after confirmation bias.

Edit: Since I can't access the actual tables.

Here is a list of all Rare items:

Swords: Rimeheart, Shard of Hate (Shard is weird and has a drop rate that is one-quarter that of a Common item. Slanderer and the Little Rogue are bugged and appear as 0%, but most likely fall in the Rare tier.)
Orbs: Winter Flurry
Wands: Wand of Woh
Wizard Hats: Velvet Camaral
Necklaces: Mara's Kaleidoscope, Xephirian Amulet, Ancestor's Grace, The Star of Azkaranth (The Star of Azkaranth actually has a drop rate of one-fiftieth that of a Common item, making it the rarest item in the game by a considerable margin. This translates to a 0.16% chance of seeing it on any given amulet drop, unless you're a Wizard or Monk, in which case it's a whopping 0.14%.)
Pants: Hexing Pants of Mr. Yan, Pox Faulds (Like Shard of Hate, Pox Faulds has a drop rate that is one-quarter that of a Common item.)
Rings: Focus, Restraint
Crusader Shields: Akarat's Awakening
Bracers: Lacuni Prowlers
Hand Crossbows: Calamity
Crossbows: Chanon Bolter
Mojos: Shukrani's Triumph
2H swords: Cam's Rebuttal
2H Maces: The Furnace
Ceremonial Knives: Starmetal Kukri
Gloves: Frostburn, Tasker and Theo
Boots: Ice Climbers
Belts: The Witching Hour
Bows: Kridershot

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/24ohgx/diablo_3_legendary_drop_rates_revealed/ch95mfx

So I've got Kridershot, The Furnace, and Shard of Hate from the rare list so far at 70.

Ingeniero

I rerolled my Warzechian bracers for Lightning damage and got +19% at the third try.
I switch the blessed hammer to Thunderstruck rune, It's so much better now, T4 feels easy now.

garath

Sigh. Been doing act 1 bounties for two days straight. Must have done 50 so far. I want that ring! I'll have a decent zoo build going with my three mauraders.

Tarazet

I have no idea what I should do with my Monk. Can't really get past Master difficulty on the adventure mode and I'm a bit of loss where to go next.

Advice would be appreciated : http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Hesemonni-2217/hero/10864101

Get rid of the shield. You will never get anywhere as a Monk unless you are dual-wielding. Doing bounties on Normal is fine, even geared folks I know do it to get key fragments. Then you can do rifts on the highest difficulty you're comfortable with.

Your build doesn't make any sense either - no spirit spender and Fists of Thunder is the weakest spirit builder as well. Since you have Holy damage on your bracers, try Hundred Fists and Cyclone Strike, but as you get the pieces for it you will gravitate towards Fire or Lightning which will make it worthwhile to take Lashing Tail Kick. Also, try Transgression for a Mantra of Retaliation rune - 10% attack speed is an amazing buff. I always roll with it in groups.

You can keep the legacy Witching Hour and Inna's pants, but you should probably replace the Natalya's pieces with something better. You're severely nerfing your survivability by using all of this legacy stuff, but the WH and IR are still strong enough to use until you start doing, say, T2.

Eliciel

I've done 10 Rifts on Torment III. No stone left unturned. Collected 500 shards. Didn't get 1 single legendary inside the rifts.

Did they nerf anything with any of the patches/hotfixes? Seems really odd.

Achtius

Sigh. Been doing act 1 bounties for two days straight. Must have done 50 so far. I want that ring! I'll have a decent zoo build going with my three mauraders.

I thought I would too but then it wasn't . I probably need the pants and boots though.

Dahbomb

Is this worth keeping / rerolling? <_<

W84nVOL.png
Send this pic to Blizzard and tell them to fix their shit. No Lightning damage % on that Odyn Son.

Mortal Drama being common explains a lot. Blade of Prophecy being common doesn't explain anything. :(

In before and after confirmation bias.

Edit: Since I can't access the actual tables.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/24ohgx/diablo_3_legendary_drop_rates_revealed/ch95mfx

So I've got Kridershot, The Furnace, and Shard of Hate from the rare list so far at 70.

Sounds about right. Harrington is fairly Rare too as far as Belts go.

The Fire amulet is definitely the rarest item in the game (that isn't bugged). I think the devs even confirmed it.

th3dude

Solo - Rumford at the gate wretched mother trick, just google it.

Thanks to robochimp for the suggestion. Worked like a charm.

RNG sent me a message last night telling me to stop grinding my Crusader for now. I feel like the only item that could really improve the build is Gyrfalcons Foote. This message was sent to me by way of a Thunderfury and Thundergod's Vigor.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/th3dude-1399/hero/40942625

These seem like an excellent start to a Lightning/WW Barbarian.

Totakeke

Sounds about right. Harrington is fairly Rare too as far as Belts go.

The Fire amulet is definitely the rarest item in the game (that isn't bugged). I think the devs even confirmed it.

Based on the table, Harrington isn't all that rare all things considered. Just an uncommon. Though all the sets are uncommon too.

MbvvKEp.png

At least you can buy Harrington from Kadala.

Dahbomb

Yeah that's about right.... I would rate it as Tier 2/Uncommon as well.

I didn't see Magefists on there but I am assuming it's Tier 2/uncommon. It's way more rare than Gladiator Gauntlets but more common than Frost Gauntlets.

Thanks to robochimp for the suggestion. Worked like a charm.

RNG sent me a message last night telling me to stop grinding my Crusader for now. I feel like the only item that could really improve the build is Gyrfalcons Foote. This message was sent to me by way of a Thunderfury and Thundergod's Vigor.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/th3dude-1399/hero/40942625

These seem like an excellent start to a Lightning/WW Barbarian.

No amount of lightning gear will make you efficient in t3 and beyond as barb, just so you know (maybe if you also find a shard of hate t3 is worth bothering with)

th3dude

No amount of lightning gear will make you efficient in t3 and beyond as barb, just so you know (maybe if you also find a shard of hate t3 is worth bothering with)

Oh yea? That's a little disappointing. What about Crusader? Or are there just no Strength + Lightning viable builds out there at all?

The only thing that made lightning whirlwind work for those few days was how crazy Shard of Hate was pre nerf. If you wanna do some decent damage with your barb only real option is fire with hota or if you're lucky earthquake set.

Lain

Based on the table, Harrington isn't all that rare all things considered. Just an uncommon. Though all the sets are uncommon too.

MbvvKEp.png

At least you can buy Harrington from Kadala.

Looking at that picutre, I should feel extremely lucky to have gotten a witching hour to drop on my wizard.

Mumei

Send this pic to Blizzard and tell them to fix their shit. No Lightning damage % on that Odyn Son.

Heh.

I re-rolled once and got this:

RLcQr9x.png

Downgrade on the sheet but I think it's working better in practice. Maybe. It isn't worse, at least!

scy

No but seriously, it's missing the 15-20% Lightning Damage roll it is supposed to have. That one is a bugged drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom