• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zvolen12

Neo Member
In a Tals setup I see BotT gem is always suggested but I read elsewhere that cold damage doesnt proc trapped, but the chill rune of Blizzard does because it 'chills'. Am I correct in my thinking?

(This is obviously disregarding energy twister with the seasonal bracers as that would proc trapped)

Dahbomb

In a Tals setup I see BotT gem is always suggested but I read elsewhere that cold damage doesnt proc trapped, but the chill rune of Blizzard does because it 'chills'. Am I correct in my thinking?

(This is obviously disregarding energy twister with the seasonal bracers as that would proc trapped)

BotT eventually procs itself so it doesn't really matter. You put it on every character, period.

Wallach

BotT eventually procs itself so it doesn't really matter. You put it on every character, period.

Well, only within a pretty small radius of yourself. I'd recommend forcing some other kind of proc method if you're doing something like DH UE6 because you tend to be shooting offscreen. I personally like running EFire Focus w/ Iceblink for 3rd gem, but you could probably get away with an immortal Templar using Thunderfury and other stuff I suppose.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Am I right in thinking sockets aren't really worth a damn before level 60 because these gems are actually pretty ass? Only useful one I'm using is a big ruby on my helm for that delicious xp, but the effects on weapons and armor are really useless. +34 dex? Come on now. Weapon effects are only slightly better.

Also thanks for the offer eek, I'll keep it I mind.

Are you part of the clan yet in game?

I think i've experienced enough of WD this season. Both jade and zuni build focuses on Haunt and piranhas and the season WD gear is 100% junk. That's how creative Blizzard got with WDs this season. Overall WD is more of the same, better than before for sure with the zuni set and jade 2pc but that's it.

traveler

Not Wario
I haven't played since RoS launch and I just leveled a seasonal wizard to 70- what exactly is the progression these days? I've no real clue what the priority is with these new greater rifts, skill gems, ancient weapons, etc.

Zvolen12

Neo Member

Well, only within a pretty small radius of yourself. I'd recommend forcing some other kind of proc method if you're doing something like DH UE6 because you tend to be shooting offscreen. I personally like running EFire Focus w/ Iceblink for 3rd gem, but you could probably get away with an immortal Templar using Thunderfury and other stuff I suppose.

Which is exactly why I was asking, I know it procs itself but the range is minimal especially for a tals setup when most of your damage is being done outside that range. So is BotT worth it?

Does Blizzard proc it or should I instead run blackhole for the proc and also receive the strongarms buff as well.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Which is exactly why I was asking, I know it procs itself but the range is minimal especially for a tals setup when most of your damage is being done outside that range. So is BotT worth it?

Does Blizzard proc it or should I instead run blackhole for the proc and also receive the strongarms buff as well.

If your blizzard is slowing people then yes it should proc it.

Wallach

BotT is pretty strong even if you aren't utilizing the rank 25 effect, because it is a fully multiplicative bonus (i.e. it isn't in a % modifier "stack" with other effects), much like Zei's. Since it is still relatively easy to meet the condition and the damage scales per gem rank, it's generally one of the best gems and worth trying to leverage it somehow.

I've never touched Wizard so I couldn't say if Blizzard procs it - if it applies a slow or freeze effect when it hits, then it will trigger the gem on those enemies while they are under that effect. If it just deals damage, it won't.

Edit - On a side note, my season 3 DH cleared GR 45 tonight, and I picked up 2 Ramaladni's in the process. I got kind of screwed by Hamelin at the end of that GR just due to the map and placement he popped in (it was like the middle corner of one of those twisting narrow hallways from the Nephelem ruins or whatever) and probably lost over a minute just trying to deal with his position. I feel like I could probably do ~47 if I got an easy GR (like Unburied 1-floor w/ Perendi or something).

neoism

man I got lucky as shit today... got like 60 pls and and doing insane with this fire build... lol also damn
does insane damage with my generator first time i really used depth diggers... never really played firespec until this season... cant wait to make a good barb been like 2 years since I played one.

Haven't played this since 2.1. Thinking of getting back in today. I was a cookie cutter Furnace Wizard with Firebird set back in 2.1 doing GR of about 37.

ve seen the DMO set bonuses and it looks decent. Wonder if it can be combined with Tal Rasha set. That meteor boots and that slow time crown seems to gel quite nicely.

What builds & gears are the top tier Wizards using?

p/s I wonder if I'm still in NeoGAF guild...

playing with people is so annoying now. everyone is now playing a barbarian who does those whirlwind with the little tornados coming out. they dont actually do anything except running through the level without killing anything

I've been saying this since the spec hit the scene, it is not group friendly at all. I have no idea what Blizzard was thinking when they made the IK/Waste set. Remember they changed Rak b/c of this shit. Group with a barb? Get ready to basically stay in his wake and clean up his mess.

Celegus

Haven't played this since 2.1. Thinking of getting back in today. I was a cookie cutter Furnace Wizard with Firebird set back in 2.1 doing GR of about 37.

ve seen the DMO set bonuses and it looks decent. Wonder if it can be combined with Tal Rasha set. That meteor boots and that slow time crown seems to gel quite nicely.

What builds & gears are the top tier Wizards using?

p/s I wonder if I'm still in NeoGAF guild...

I've found 5 Tal's and 3 DMO to be my favorite. The 6 pc bonus on Tal's is much better than the 6 pc DMO. But either set or combination of the two is much more fun than Firebird's, so I'd definitely say give the game another shot.

Orlandu84

I just started playing again on a lark, and I am having the most fun playing that I can recall. I am in the Neogaf overflow clan. I read something about a consolidated clan. My username is orlandu84#1977. Thanks!

idlewild_

playing with people is so annoying now. everyone is now playing a barbarian who does those whirlwind with the little tornados coming out. they dont actually do anything except running through the level without killing anything

Had a group yesterday with 3 barbs and my dh, the lag was unreal with all of those tornadoes everywhere. Died so often in those rifts b/c my game would lock up for a couple seconds periodically.

Alex

Haven't messed around a lot since Season 1, and even then I went kind of soft. Haven't played a Monk since original D3 launch, which I rolled for this season. Getting some sets done up now and holy shit this is REALLY FUN. I weep as this game continues to make other loot hacks unplayable for me.

Had a random day off today and have just finished the main story line now,that last but of act 5 was a long slog though, going to have a couple of days off it now and see about levelling up to 70!

I know it's better to have a socket (and my Triumvirate means I can't actually use this) but for me personally, a 4.4k weapon just looks pretty crazy. ^_^

4.4kweapong4ukf.jpg

I know, everyone's seen one already. But it's novel to me, damn it! :p

eek5

I don't know what to do for my s3 dh. 500k dmg but it takes FOREVER to clear a t1 rift and I die a lot, yet normal rifts don't drop shit =\

Get some gems from GRIFTs if you can. Do level 1-2-3-4-5 etc.

lightning gem, pain enhancer, poison gem all do tons of damage in low torment even without levels

dreamlock

The hero Los Santos deserves
Its true lol

not mine, saw from reddit. no mention on how to do it.
poster said its from a GR44.

RIP S03 then tbh as well. Wish they had spent more time in QA before rushing it out.

Me and my crew stopped playing as soon as we heard of the GR exploiting in s02, and it's likely we'll only casually play this now..if at all. It's just such a huge turnoff to even try to get on the leaderboards after something like this happens.

See you guys in HOTS.

I can see myself making Top 1000 this season due to having holidays soon where I will be stuck at home the full two weeks but even though I would never get near the top it's still really depressing to see that exploit. Especially if people like Gabynator are rumoured to be using it.

RIP S03 then tbh as well. Wish they had spent more time in QA before rushing it out.

Me and my crew stopped playing as soon as we heard of the GR exploiting in s02, and it's likely we'll only casually play this now..if at all. It's just such a huge turnoff to even try to get on the leaderboards after something like this happens.

See you guys in HOTS.

Meh this is a rather minor issue, the exploit is really only worth it with a really high rift key. People are going to snag how many shards this way? The only individuals that will really take advantage of it are those getting fed blood thief's as they are rather rare and you need a group to make the exploit work.

Boogdud

Yup s3 confirmed dead. Blood shard exploit, don't want to post the sploit, but it's pretty easy to find. One guy has 270,000 and counting from it. Thanks for the blood shard goblin blizz (this is why we can't have nice things).

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I went from total dogshit loot luck over the past few days to getting all 6 pieces of my set in about an hour last night

rng gonna rng.

Radec

Well if it's from a GR it's not from a blood goblin

Sorry man, maybe seek professional help ?

Here's someone explaining the exploit.

Apparently there is a way to make the blood shard goblin drop tons more blood shards than what it would normally for the torment level you are on. Simply open a high level greater rift, say 45+, port out of it. Then go farm goblins. Seems while everyone hates the Caverns of Araneae Bounty it seems to be an awesome place to farm goblins. The cocoons seem to have a high chance to have a goblin in them. If and when you get a blood shard goblin it will drop blood shards as if it was of the level of the greater rift and not say T6. Look around the leader boards and see the insane amounts of blood shards people have spent. While farming higher greater rifts does give more the blood shard goblin is dropping an insane amount.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Its true lol

not mine, saw from reddit. no mention on how to do it.
poster said its from a GR44.

Here it is:
"If you find a blood shard goblin in the open world and go into a grift while it is killed the blood shard multiplier applies to the dropped blood shards. The higher the grift the more blood shards you should get."

Edit: like Radec said.

Blood shard counts and rift counts show up on player profiles, so people who were using it have a high ratio of shards to rifts (over 500). It's funny to see people finding out most top players were in on it. Not that they would get banned anyway, it's the name of the game - Blizzard will just fix it.

I guess people would be less prone to exploiting if blizzard didn't add that stupid ancient system
No need to ban these people, just ban them from playing on seasons (not only S3, all of them, upcoming too)

Nah it was just staying in town while other players cleared the grift, you had the GR xp multiplier and the T6 xp multiplier

The other thing people called a GR exploit was that xp bonus (ruby in helmet for example) are multiplicative in GR instead of additive (all the rest), but this is intended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom