• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex

Getting back into the thick of things, having fun with the new season.

Ice Climbers at level 69, this is foreboding.

Addnan

Only if it was ancient :( So perfect, will not find such rolls in ancient.

67uZ2p9.png

Wallach

Got my Restraint on my seasonal DH (decent one too), and went straight through GR 43. Not sure it's worth pressing all that much further until I get more Plvls and higher level gems, though. Not sure how much higher than 45 I'll bother with in general as it doesn't seem like it'll be all that fun solo when just about anything will be a one hit kill. Might make an alt at that point.

Radec

Just saw a streamer got his first Gift at paragon 500+.

KuGsj.gif

- -

I'm ridiculously poor this start of the season. Killed tons of goblins and still no vault.

I think I have like 5m gold.
LLShC.gif

KuGsj.gif

- -

I'm ridiculously poor this start of the season. Killed tons of goblins and still no vault.

LLShC.gif

Yeah it's pretty ridiculous, I think we should be able to gamble for gifts. Like, gamble for crafting mats/gems, with a low chance of getting a gift

Boogdud

Only if it was ancient :( So perfect, will not find such rolls in ancient.

I got a nice ancient one on my DH first night of the new patch (http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/boogdud-1883/hero/3895419). I'm just starting to try to gear him after having him as just a kick around character back before 2.1 (I typically play wd and crus). I'm thinking about sticking with him a while but I have no idea what to start concentrating on. I'm guessing going 6 piece UE is the current hotness. I mostly just run like T2 rifts with him. I've been farming grifts with the wd/crus to get shards to gamble for the dh.

Any suggestions on what direction to take for gear?

MrDaravon

Just got the 6-piece UE set

L
O
L

All of my pieces are decent but not amazing except for the shoulders, and I have a decent but not amazing DML. Rolled max disc on the chest and DML, straight up 1-2 shotting everything on T6. Fucking amazing. And I don't even have a Krider, still running with a generator + DML and I don't have Focus/Restraint, so I still have a million miles to go for optimization.

It's totally crazy that DH now has three completely separate and totally viable builds. I was set on getting M6, then I got the Nat set first and I love the RoV play with it and was going to stick with that, then I got the last UE piece and checked that out and I love that. Super happy that there's multiple viable options now.

Celegus

I never cared for M6 style, so I might have to tinker around with my DH again. I think I have 5 Nat's already and found two UE pieces on other characters already. But Crusader is just too fun!

MrDaravon

I never cared for M6 style, so I might have to tinker around with my DH again. I think I have 5 Nat's already and found two UE pieces on other characters already. But Crusader is just too fun!

Yeah both Nats as the UE set are very different and much more active playstyles. Something for everyone! Until I got the UE set I was actually running a hybrid build where I was running full Nats but then also the DML and using Multishot instead of CA or running Strafe, worked pretty well.

th3dude

Just got the 6-piece UE set

L
O
L

All of my pieces are decent but not amazing except for the shoulders, and I have a decent but not amazing DML. Rolled max disc on the chest and DML, straight up 1-2 shotting everything on T6. Fucking amazing. And I don't even have a Krider, still running with a generator + DML and I don't have Focus/Restraint, so I still have a million miles to go for optimization.

It's totally crazy that DH now has three completely separate and totally viable builds. I was set on getting M6, then I got the Nat set first and I love the RoV play with it and was going to stick with that, then I got the last UE piece and checked that out and I love that. Super happy that there's multiple viable options now.

That's it. I'm playing DH this season.

Addnan

UE makes solo Demon Hunter enjoyable, have I said that already lol. I forget but it is worth repeating. Solo Demon Hunter high GRs solo can be fun with UE!

I probably should have picked a difficulty harder than Hard. I blame the confusing difficulty descriptions. I literally never got close to dying and I don't think that's because I played well, used a potion like 5 times throughout the entire game and could've easily never used it at all.

Leveling gems sucks :/

Need Bane of the Trapped at 25 before it does anything for me since I don't plan to run any other CC effects. Then I can pick up the cull the weak passive for sexy DPS.

Other gems are alright at lower levels, but I need to grind out that one. At least I can do GR 27+ now so it shouldn't be too terrible.

MrDaravon

They are quite different in what they are used for. Nat strafe is not really high GR viable, but it is fun and efficient for T6 clears.

This. You have to make some choices with UE though; Hatred is a bit of an issue unless you're rolling with a Kridershot, and you really need an Ancient Kridershot to make that work damage-wise by all accounts. But then using a Krider means you're using the Bolts quiver so you're giving up the DML MS bonus etc.

I probably should have picked a difficulty harder than Hard. I blame the confusing difficulty descriptions. I literally never got close to dying and I don't think that's because I played well, used a potion like 5 times throughout the entire game and could've easily never used it at all.

That's not a bad thing though. Hard gives you the big XP spike vs. normal (not nearly as big a delta from hard to expert) and you didn't waste time whittling down mobs or running around waiting for potion timer to recharge.

Ashodin

Got my first gem to 25, simplicity's strength. So Damn good with Omnislash belt. Since it hits four times, I get 8% health back every swing. Yum

That's not a bad thing though. Hard gives you the big XP spike vs. normal (not nearly as big a delta from hard to expert) and you didn't waste time whittling down mobs or running around waiting for potion timer to recharge.
That's true, I did start on normal until the mid 20s but that's okay. I'm thinking of changing the difficulty to master for the "new game+", is that a good idea? It gives double the xp and gold expert gives(also I can't go any higher since my character is only lvl 50 and I need it to be 60 to get the next difficulties.

This game is pretty good, don't know why I didn't get into this sooner. With this and Dota my life is basically over.

eek5

They are quite different in what they are used for. Nat strafe is not really high GR viable, but it is fun and efficient for T6 clears.

Sorry I don't know why I posted that. I meant for T6 clears. I'm assuming you enjoy strafe better for t6 clears since it's faster? That's what I'm going for...

Seems like shit dies in front of you with nat/strafe vs behind you with WW barb which is what I need to get mats lol

Leveling gems sucks :/

Need Bane of the Trapped at 25 before it does anything for me since I don't plan to run any other CC effects. Then I can pick up the cull the weak passive for sexy DPS.

Other gems are alright at lower levels, but I need to grind out that one. At least I can do GR 27+ now so it shouldn't be too terrible.

If you need help on the last 5 or so levels I can help you run 30-33's to get easier upgrades.

That's true, I did start on normal until the mid 20s but that's okay. I'm thinking of changing the difficulty to master for the "new game+", is that a good idea? It gives double the xp and gold expert gives(also I can't go any higher since my character is only lvl 50 and I need it to be 60 to get the next difficulties.

This game is pretty good, don't know why I didn't get into this sooner. With this and Dota my life is basically over.

Hard is one of the most efficient difficulties for leveling unless you can one shot trash on whatever difficulty you're moving on to.

Yeah this game is pretty fun now. They've made a lot of strides to improve the quality of life. Even 0-70 is pretty decent if you find some nice legendaries. BTW you should try adventure mode out.. No dumb campaign and you can do bounties to help you get fragments for end-game rifting. I think you unlock it at 60 if this if your first play through or it's unlocked already if you're on seasons (I think)

Lazyslob

Banned
playing with people is so annoying now. everyone is now playing a barbarian who does those whirlwind with the little tornados coming out. they dont actually do anything except running through the level without killing anything

playing with people is so annoying now. everyone is now playing a barbarian who does those whirlwind with the little tornados coming out. they dont actually do anything except running through the level without killing anything

Don't the tornadoes actually damage if they have the proper set of gear? I haven't played Barb since S2.

Lazyslob

Banned
no the tornados do damage im talking about the players. they just only run through levels. there are champions and elites sitting there they run through them once and keep on going. its annoying

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
no the tornados do damage im talking about the players. they just only run through levels. there are champions and elites sitting there they run through them once and keep on going. its annoying

I don't play in public games because they always just run so fast through shit and I'm just behind picking up all the shit I missed and not killing anything. More than half of the enjoyment is killing stuff.

It's why I only play solo or with friends.

MrDaravon

Sorry I don't know why I posted that. I meant for T6 clears. I'm assuming you enjoy strafe better for t6 clears since it's faster? That's what I'm going for...

Seems like shit dies in front of you with nat/strafe vs behind you with WW barb which is what I need to get mats lol

Most people run Strafe with 2 1h xbows with Nats because with every attack you're reducing the cooldown on RoV. You want 100% uptime or as close as possible on the 5-second buff you get when you cast RoV, Strafe is a way to do that quickly as well as doing damage and moving constantly. Most people will take the 100% movement speed rune on Strafe, and take the RoV rune tha fires guided shots, so RoV will follow you as you're moving and killing. The other upside of running 1 handers is you can use the Nat Slayer to help you get your Nat bonus, opens up various ring options. You can also run Cindercoat, Hexing Pants, Gloves of Worship etc. There's a ton of different options, really you just need to get the Nat 6-piece bonus somehow then past that is personal preference to a large extent. This is more or less the build: http://www.diablofans.com/builds/53651-2-2-natalya-strafe-speedfarm

Like the build says Pain Enhancer is doing a lot of your damage so you will want that. I still haven't gotten a damn Vault yet so I don't have Boon of the Hoarder, but that seems like a worthwhile and hilarious addition as noted there for even more movement speed.

Hard is one of the most efficient difficulties for leveling unless you can one shot trash on whatever difficulty you're moving on to.

Yeah this game is pretty fun now. They've made a lot of strides to improve the quality of life. Even 0-70 is pretty decent if you find some nice legendaries. BTW you should try adventure mode out.. No dumb campaign and you can do bounties to help you get fragments for end-game rifting. I think you unlock it at 60 if this if your first play through or it's unlocked already if you're on seasons (I think)
Thanks for the advice, will stick to hard for now then. I actually can't adventure yet since there was an issue with my Reaper of Souls game key(resolved now, short story is they gave me a non working key and I got them to give me a new one). Game says I can't do adventure until I've beaten campaign, which apparently keeps going if you have Reaper of Souls, now on act V.

Also what's the point of seasons? The game didn't really clear up why I would want to do that except "wow leaderboards", which I don't care about.

Lazyslob

Banned
I don't play in public games because they always just run so fast through shit and I'm just behind picking up all the shit I missed and not killing anything. More than half of the enjoyment is killing stuff.

It's why I only play solo or with friends.

yeah it would happen once in a while now its every game ever since the patch came out and everyone is now playing that barbarian. i just play alone now

Addnan

That's partly the benefit of it. My barb friend runs through kills most things and those of us with higher single target just finish of the remaining few. It's great.

neoism

KuGsj.gif

- -

LLShC.gif

Lol I've only ever gotten one gift ever since they been in the game those fuckers are too rare.. :/

Also what's the point of seasons? The game didn't really clear up why I would want to do that except "wow leaderboards", which I don't care about.

Clean sheets are awesome. Seasonal play lets you start from scratch and cobble your way from nothing to amazing. It's not really all that time intensive to start over either-I am "well-geared" about four days into the Season.

eek5

Thanks for the advice, will stick to hard for now then. I actually can't adventure yet since there was an issue with my Reaper of Souls game key(resolved now, short story is they gave me a non working key and I got them to give me a new one). Game says I can't do adventure until I've beaten campaign, which apparently keeps going if you have Reaper of Souls, now on act V.

leaderboards, some season exclusive rewards (helmet transmog), some season exclusive items (one for each class).. and most of the clan is playing seasons right now so you'd have people to play with... basically a fresh start.

I mainly do it to play a new class and have the stash space to collect gear sets and stuff

If you you want to start seasons after your RoS gets resolved send me a msg eek#1673 i'll help you get back to level 50 or whatever on your new character

Most people run Strafe with 2 1h xbows with Nats because with every attack you're reducing the cooldown on RoV. You want 100% uptime or as close as possible on the 5-second buff you get when you cast RoV, Strafe is a way to do that quickly as well as doing damage and moving constantly. Most people will take the 100% movement speed rune on Strafe, and take the RoV rune tha fires guided shots, so RoV will follow you as you're moving and killing. The other upside of running 1 handers is you can use the Nat Slayer to help you get your Nat bonus, opens up various ring options. You can also run Cindercoat, Hexing Pants, Gloves of Worship etc. There's a ton of different options, really you just need to get the Nat 6-piece bonus somehow then past that is personal preference to a large extent. This is more or less the build: http://www.diablofans.com/builds/53651-2-2-natalya-strafe-speedfarm

Like the build says Pain Enhancer is doing a lot of your damage so you will want that. I still haven't gotten a damn Vault yet so I don't have Boon of the Hoarder, but that seems like a worthwhile and hilarious addition as noted there for even more movement speed.

You can get boon in grifts now, btw, it's a gem drop but it might happen randomly not sure.

Does the RoV stack at all or should I only cast it after the previous RoV is done? Thanks for the info btw. I have most of that stuff.. kind of. Still finishing my Nats but looks like I'll have to actually play DH to get the weapon since I don't want to gamble that shit.

Luckily my Barb already uses pain enhancer and I levled my boon yesterday for this build. (not usable on my barb because all the gold drops behind me...)

Wallach

You can get boon in grifts now, btw, it's a gem drop but it might happen randomly not sure.

Does the RoV stack at all or should I only cast it after the previous RoV is done? Thanks for the info btw. I have most of that stuff.. kind of. Still finishing my Nats but looks like I'll have to actually play DH to get the weapon since I don't want to gamble that shit.

Luckily my Barb already uses pain enhancer and I levled my boon yesterday for this build. (not usable on my barb because all the gold drops behind me...)

If you're doing the Dark Cloud version, it doesn't stack it just refreshes the RoV. You'll generally still want to hit it as it becomes available since the Nat buff is shorter than Dark Cloud and you'll probably want to use the spike damage from Crashing Rain as much as you can.

MrDaravon

If you're doing the Dark Cloud version, it doesn't stack it just refreshes the RoV. You'll generally still want to hit it as it becomes available since the Nat buff is shorter than Dark Cloud and you'll probably want to use the spike damage from Crashing Rain as much as you can.

This. And yeah, Crashing Rain does crazy damage. For sure not a requirement, but I would rock that if you get one. Also I forgot the Nat Slayer rolls 20-25% RoV damage now. You do need a pretty solid set of rolls/gears to make it work on T6, I tried it before I got a Nat Slayer and had two so-so 1 handers and without Pain Enhancer at Rank 25 and it wasn't that good for T6 for me. I've got a near-perfect non-Ancient Nat Slayer now though, so I should give it another try with that. That would also let me equip Hexing pants, so that might push it over the edge for me.

I've heard that you're supposed to be able to get the Boon in Grifts, but I've done like 10-15 Grifts since I stopped getting all of the other legendary gems and nada.

eek5

Cool that makes sense. I'm only doing T2 now w/o 6pc nat so prob better off for me to wait until it's over to call another but once I get the 6pc I'll spam.

This. And yeah, Crashing Rain does crazy damage. For sure not a requirement, but I would rock that if you get one. Also I forgot the Nat Slayer rolls 20-25% RoV damage now. You do need a pretty solid set of rolls/gears to make it work on T6, I tried it before I got a Nat Slayer and had two so-so 1 handers and without Pain Enhancer at Rank 25 and it wasn't that good for T6 for me. I've got a near-perfect non-Ancient Nat Slayer now though, so I should give it another try with that. That would also let me equip Hexing pants, so that might push it over the edge for me.

I've heard that you're supposed to be able to get the Boon in Grifts, but I've done like 10-15 Grifts since I stopped getting all of the other legendary gems and nada.

It's not a regular gem drop, like you won't get it in place of another gem. It's just a random drop that can come from the RG when you kill it

Am I right in thinking sockets aren't really worth a damn before level 60 because these gems are actually pretty ass? Only useful one I'm using is a big ruby on my helm for that delicious xp, but the effects on weapons and armor are really useless. +34 dex? Come on now. Weapon effects are only slightly better.

Also thanks for the offer eek, I'll keep it I mind.

Wallach

Am I right in thinking sockets aren't really worth a damn before level 60 because these gems are actually pretty ass? Only useful one I'm using is a big ruby on my helm for that delicious xp, but the effects on weapons and armor are really useless. +34 dex? Come on now. Weapon effects are only slightly better.

Also thanks for the offer eek, I'll keep it I mind.

Rubies make a big difference in the early game, especially in fast weapons. If you can manage to get a socketed weapon early on it'll speed up things quite a lot if you're playing solo (or allow you to handle Master+ efficiently depending on what else you find).

That and helm are the only sockets really worth caring about while leveling for the most part.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
That's partly the benefit of it. My barb friend runs through kills most things and those of us with higher single target just finish of the remaining few. It's great.

When a barb is playing raekor, it's best to continue ... smaller packs increase risk of dropping one the 2 furious charges

I do leave stuff behind myself because when i play raekor, i kinda feel like an ass

Good for group farming and efficiency... not so good for everyone else if they can't keep up

Imagine when god monks take over

Also i'm starting to use wrath of waste now and it's incredibly strong.

Those little tornadoes are hitting for 250 million per tick and I'm not using optimal gear.

No F+R, no SoJ, no skull grasp, no bane of trapped, no hexing pants, no furnace.

Stuff just melts in T6

I can do/carry in T6 with my UE set now, so if anyone wants to farm that whenever I'm on just hit me up. Done up to ~GR 29 solo so far and that's without pushing or having Unity or F/R (or hell, even a decent follower setup at all really.) Still missing quite a few things to flesh out my build. I'm a little under 1mil sheet DPS with 9mil something toughness. A lot more applied damage from the set bonus/passives/gems though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom