• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duress

I don't think I'm putting enough dps out for ik barb. Maybe, I should switch my belt out for something else. Lamentation? I have a Witching Hour but it sucks.

MrDaravon

The Blood Shard exploit is interesting in that I can totally see how it happened, but I'm also surprised both that it wasn't caught internally, but also that it didn't get out there sooner. I almost want to do it once just to see how many I get.

Also fuck all that because THEY ARE REMOVING TRIALS FROM THE GAME

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/32snfb/trials_will_be_removed_from_the_game_wyatt_cheng/

Thank fucking Jesus, this is the main reason I don't touch grifts after I get whatever gems I need leveled.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Edit: beaten ^

Some updates on trials - they're working on removing them, but there are some details they need to work out. From Twitch:

Wyatt Cheng said:
Transcript:

[The question was about Trials and Keystones in general, and ideas to improve them.]

WYATT CHENG: The Trials are not good. We don't like them. I don't like them. I would hesitate to say I hate Trials... I would say that they are--

NEINBALL: Can we say it for you? (laugh)

WYATT CHENG: (laugh) I think it's part of the natural iteration process. It solved a problem that we had before. And, I don't want to defend Trials; I'm not going to defend Trials. I think that it is the latest in a sequence of events... and Trials will be getting removed from the game. I can't tell you when. I can tell you that we already don't have Trials in our internal builds. We've been playing around with it and testing it, and we are committed to removing them. But there were some problems that came up. I don't want to go into all the details that we have because it'll sound like I'm defending the Trials system, I just hope that people can respect that we are working on it. Johnny Ebert, he is hard at work. He's working with Roger, the Gameplay Engineer, to remove Trials.

And some of the problems that we've had, just scratching the surface, is what does legendary gem upgrading look like if we don't have Trials? What happens is-- so, in the very first version where we took Trials out, we'd say "well, how do I decide what grift to do?" and it's like, well, what if we just let you pick? Just like, crazy crazy idea, what if there was just this arbitrary-- or what if it was based on your personal best, that gets mentioned a lot, too.

So let's say that I can do-- normally I do grift 40 comfortably, but I happen to get to grift 50 in a 4-player party, and then I go back to solo and my legendary gem is 48. Well, what grift do I wanna do by myself next? I can kind of comfortably do 40, there's no way I'm going to be able to do 48, 49. And yet to upgrade my legendary gem, I'll be incentivized to pick 48 or 49. And it's going to be an absolutely terrible run, it takes 30-40 minutes to clear, but you do it anyway because that's how you get your 60% chance to upgrade your gem rather than a 2% chance. So we said, okay, that's no good. So, we iterated a little bit, we made it so that you have to beat the timer in order to upgrade your gem... [Editor's note: this was still part of the hypothetical ideas. It should not be implied that this timer change is coming.]

Anyway, there was kind of like-- it sounds like I'm defending Trials, at least maybe some people think that-- that's not my intention. I want to say that-- I'll keep my answer short. We've gutted Trials internally, we're working on it, there were some issues, it had a bunch of downstream effects, and we are still working on it. But we recognize that people are not happy with them. Asking for them to be removed isn't going to make it happen any faster. I wish it could! If I could make it happen faster I would say everyone should talk about it all the time, but, you know what, everyone talks about it all the time already, and unfortunately it just doesn't speed up how fast we can get them out.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/32snfb/trials_will_be_removed_from_the_game_wyatt_cheng/

Yeah I would be content with doing trial with more than a trial key at once, like 50 at once to get 50 rift keys of the same level

Grifts are actually good, you don't have to bother with shit loot, and it's a more reliable source of legendaries I find, but doing trials is an absolute fucking chore

Radec

The Blood Shard exploit is interesting in that I can totally see how it happened, but I'm also surprised both that it wasn't caught internally, but also that it didn't get out there sooner. I almost want to do it once just to see how many I get.

It probably kept as a secret among clan members few hours of S3. Only got popular today

J. Bravo

wizard is boring until I get a set I guess. I had a lot of fun with a disintegrate build leveling up to 70 but not so much at 70...I have a really good ancient triumvirate so i'm trying to play around arcane orb but not fun either.

Raticus79

It probably kept as a secret among clan members few hours of S3. Only got popular today

It would be interesting to see some stats on which players have the highest shard count vs rift count. It would give an idea of how many players are in the "inner circle" here. It seems like it only broke today because DatModz discovered it independently.

Edit: not sure if he discovered it or had just been told about it and demonstrated it on stream. One person said Athena found it first, another said it had been reported on the PTR bug forum (which isn't visible now of course). *shrug*

It would be interesting to see some stats on which players have the highest shard count vs rift count. It would give an idea of how many players are in the "inner circle" here. It seems like it only broke today because DatModz discovered it independently.

"oh but I was not exploiting, all those shards come from bounties"
Guaranteed lol

MrDaravon

"oh but I was not exploiting, all those shards come from bounties"
Guaranteed lol

You can see how many shards a profile has collected per season, if Modz was using the exploit he didn't use it very much, he's at under 70k bloodshards (I'm at 13k with a fraction of his playtime). Meanwhile people on the top of the leaderboards are all in the hundreds of thousands collected already. I doubt they'll do anything but fix it really.

Addnan

So little time to play this season (relative to last). My taint gear, look how damn high my vitality is lol.
TPKndrY.png

Raticus79

Hmm, I think I'll switch over to Barb and try that out. I haven't run one in ages. Was working on a support WD, but I've had one on each season and it's getting old.

Alienups

Speaking of Barb, how good is the final set bonus of Wrath of the Wastes ? I wanted to do a charge Barb this season but im one item away from having full WotW so eh.

eek5

Speaking of Barb, how good is the final set bonus of Wrath of the Wastes ? I wanted to do a charge Barb this season but im one item away from having full WotW so eh.

Charge barb is fuckin poops in comparison to wastes.

to put into perspective I did gr40 in under 4 mins w/ wastes+ik, took me 24 mins with raekor. I was trying to do the conquest lol.... then again I never played charge barb before so I was probably doing it wrong.

edit:

lol 502k bs

MrDaravon

Yeah, Barb seems ridiculous OP. We were doing T6 with one Barb, me (DH) and two Wizards. I basically 1-2 shot everything on T6 but wasn't even getting to 90% of mobs before they were dead from the Barb. Went from Para 185 to 200 in literally about 15 minutes. I'm really not that familiar with Barbs, I take it that Barb bracer being removed just hurts their ability to push in Greater Rifts right? They're melting T6 faster than anything else I've seen so far.

Yeah, Barb seems ridiculous OP. We were doing T6 with one Barb, me (DH) and two Wizards. I basically 1-2 shot everything on T6 but wasn't even getting to 90% of mobs before they were dead from the Barb. Went from Para 185 to 200 in literally about 15 minutes. I'm really not that familiar with Barbs, I take it that Barb bracer being removed just hurts their ability to push in Greater Rifts right? They're melting T6 faster than anything else I've seen so far.

Basically yeah, the bracers were used for defense. FC is still going to dominate solo leader boards.

The bracers basically gave you ignore pain:ignorance is bliss.

eek5

Yeah the bracer would be huge def and regen bonus equivalent to like 60k life regen and double unity.

Monk and dh might be able to do t6 better. Monk faster.. Dh because of where stuff dies in relation to your character position. I think where barb shines is grs. I do like 3 min 30s and 5 to 7 min 40s with ruby in helm and my gear is pretty average

Addnan

320 PL in less than a week
"so little time"
lmao

I saw I have 1M hp on my wizard recently, my toughness is probably a bit too inflated

See the bit where I wrote relative to... Anyway it's 30hrs play time in a week and a lot of that is afk in town.

Got my trapped and zeis to 50 today, so yay. That's one thing out of the way.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

Every class has a build that melts t6 in 1-2 minutes now.

Baliis

idk i kept getting one shot and my time went up like crazy

no pylons for boss so i had to just tank him which took forever

We're you using APD? Nothing should be able to touch you if you stay on frozen mobs.

But yea, no pylon/addless bosses suck since you can't cheese pylons anymore.

eek5

We're you using APD? Nothing should be able to touch you if you stay on frozen mobs.

But yea, no pylon/addless bosses suck since you can't cheese pylons anymore.

What's APD?

I mean I am fully aware I was probably doing it wrong. I don't have double unity or furnace and I jumped into a GR39 to test it died a couple times then quit out and tried two GR40's to get the conquest without ever trying the build anywhere else lol. I kind of figured it'd be EZ mode but it isn't :(

eek5

Yeah I was using those. I got the tall leg spammy guy for guardian. Even with ignore pain the rocks dropping from the ceiling would one shot me on GR40 :\

Baliis

Yeah I was using those. I got the tall leg spammy guy for guardian. Even with ignore pain the rocks dropping from the ceiling would one shot me on GR40 :

Well stop getting hit by easy to dodge rocks then? He even spawns adds so you can charge him more.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Cool that they are removing trials as a requirement for grifts but I wouldn't be opposed to them being worked into the game as a bonus level or something for normal rifts.

Have them full of goblins running around and spawning over and over

eek5

Well stop getting hit by easy to dodge rocks then? He even spawns adds so you can charge him more.

shit man hes droppin rocks or slammin his legs like all the time! when can i deal dmg to kill him!? I eventually stopped dying after he started spawning adds after 50% hp but it still took me 6 mins to kill him after that point

I might end up trying to do GR40 w/ leap set and then finish my 3rd one with DH nat's or m6 :\

Celegus

Oh man no trials is megaton. About time they change that horrible system, though who knows when the change will actually happen. The current system is so frustrating - I can easily clear GR48 but every time I try a 49 I get the absolute worst layouts, and then it takes an hour just to try again since I usually end up with only a 40-41 key off of a trial.

Honestly surprised that the blood shard exploit hasn't been hotfixed yet.

Community Manager

Hey everyone,

We're currently working on a hotfix to address an exploit that allows players to gain a significantly larger number of Blood Shards from Blood Thief goblins than intended. While we don't have an ETA to share at this time, we're looking to implement the hotfix (which will also address the underlying bug) as soon as possible in all gameplay regions and will be sure to update this thread once it's live.

With this, we're also in the process of actioning accounts which have been found to be actively using this exploit to gain an unfair advantage. This behavior not only undermines the spirit play, but directly violates our in-game policies for Diablo III. As always, maintaining a stable, safe, and enjoyable online environment for legitimate players is very important to us, and we'll be continuing to keep watch on Battle.net and take additional action as needed.

In the meantime, we encourage everyone to please game responsibly. Not only can using exploits lead to account penalties, but it can also negatively impact the enjoyment of your fellow players. This is why we're working as quickly as we can to fix the underlying issue, and why we'd appreciate your help in keeping the effects of the exploit as minimal as possible until it's removed from the game.

For more information on how to report exploitative behavior, click here. For questions regarding account actions, please refer to Account Administration.

Thank you!

I'll believe it when I see it, in terms of action taken.

Zvolen12

Neo Member
Yeah the bracer would be huge def and regen bonus equivalent to like 60k life regen and double unity.

Monk and dh might be able to do t6 better. Monk faster.. Dh because of where stuff dies in relation to your character position. I think where barb shines is grs. I do like 3 min 30s and 5 to 7 min 40s with ruby in helm and my gear is pretty average
Considering my highest in any season solo is 40 I cried a little inside. Heh! I should have rolled a barb maybe next season.

eek5

Honestly surprised that the blood shard exploit hasn't been hotfixed yet.

I'll believe it when I see it, in terms of action taken.

Honestly if you're in a position to exploit before the patch you should do it ASAP because they're not going to penalize everyone. Maybe the top 10 exploiters on leaderboards but everyone else? nope.

Honestly if you're in a position to exploit before the patch you should do it ASAP because they're not going to penalize everyone. Maybe the top 10 exploiters on leaderboards but everyone else? nope.

I find it kinda of funny to be honest, one of the reasons people say they play the PC version is to get away from hacking/cheating/etc. Here we are, people getting a full set of ancient gear in 5hrs.

Lol, Tubby crying to MannerCookie to remove his name from stream. Aww, someones sad that they might get banned.

Nice, MannerCookie had his entire account closed. Get some.

MrDaravon

Wait wait, they're actually outright permabanning people for this? loooooooooool

Figured they would just do rollbacks or wipe their season progress or something. I mean it was obviously an exploit and no one was doing it innocently, but it was a stupid bug that should have been caught by Blizzard. Also a bit weird that they're banning for this but they kind of famously have not banned people over previous exploits, many of which I would consider to be worse.

Wait wait, they're actually outright permabanning people for this? loooooooooool

Figured they would just do rollbacks or wipe their season progress or something. I mean it was obviously an exploit and no one was doing it innocently, but it was a stupid bug that should have been caught by Blizzard. Also a bit weird that they're banning for this but they kind of famously have not banned people over previous exploits, many of which I would consider to be worse.

He very well could be trolling for views, doubting he was actually banned.

Raticus79

Yeah, this is quite a surprise. Glad I didn't bet on it or I would have lost. Come to think of it, there are some similarities with the old "2 beez" incident where the people who continued to stream it after it "went public" got banned. I wonder if they'll go back and ban the rest since they're pretty easy to identify.

He very well could be trolling for views, doubting he was actually banned.

One post here says he was removed from the leaderboards and another said they saw him try multiple regions (to show it wasn't being faked by trying to connect to PTR or something).
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/17085118518?page=2
Just a bunch of hearsay right now. If anyone can watch the stream, keep an eye on that region selection.

He's crying, this is so stupid, screw this game if they want to ban me. Oh sweet irony.

Blizzard is really dumb for banning him, it is a bad decision. yah...

I remember MannerCookie was actually one of the better testers during the ROS beta, with their whole #RIPROS group breaking things pretty well. Sure did bump heads against the other posters though, lol.

Ploid 3.0

He's crying, this is so stupid, screw this game if they want to ban me. Oh sweet irony.

Blizzard is really dumb for banning him, it is a bad decision. yah...

Nah they did the correct thing, it advertise that they do not take exploiting lightly and it discourages people from doing it if they value their account. It happens all the time for people publicly advertising exploits. Guild Wars 2 near launch banned a lot of people that exploited buying a particular item from a NPC and reselling it. The people banned were usually popular streamers who pretty much advertised the exploit and made it easy to prove they did wrong. People agree to the TOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom