• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

idlewild_

extra health invulnerable minion horde was great

The worst one I remember was an invulnerable/horde/X/X frog pack I ran into in a cave. The champ elite would just keep burrowing and I'd be running around on my glass cannon DH like a chicken with it's head cut off hoping it pops back up.

edit: also, reflects damage basically one shotting my DH.

Dreavus

Got some power level action from a few friends last night. Goddamn is it good to just get straight into looking for gear right away. I thought I might miss the leveling progression, but after starting fresh for the 5-6th time I don't think I'm missing it much at all.

Shortly after I hit 70, managed to get two (middling) RoRG drops right away, and we found a vault to secure the hoarder gem; quite a bit of good luck last night for sure.

"Feel like playing in a group because it's too hard? Too bad, enemies deal more damage with more group members!"

lol ... it was like they were thinking of any way possible to make life miserable back then. I got up to ACT II worm caverns before they sent the nerf in because people were dropping like flies. I was pretty happy I made it past the act I to II wall.

Then we went from being stuck farming Act I to being stuck farming Act III for days. I think Act III is still my least favorite act because of that (only because Act IV might as well not exist).

So why is Buriza a popular DH weapon? Just got one and it screams meh. It does have that projectile pierce one more time thing but I don't know how valuable that is when I'm rocking a multishot build. Thoughts? Asking because it's a huge step down damage wise(20%).

Dahbomb

So why is Buriza a popular DH weapon? Just got one and it screams meh. It does have that projectile pierce one more time thing but I don't know how valuable that is when I'm rocking a multishot build. Thoughts? Asking because it's a huge step down damage wise(20%).
There's a build that's possible with the Unhallowed Essence set using Hungering Arrow. One of the runes gives more damage with additional pierces and you combine it with the Quiver that gives even more piercing to Hungering Arrow. You basically just stack attack speed and put on Focus + Restraint while spamming Hungering Arrow.

Not sure if that build still works, it was a remnant of the PTR days. I know that the build had RIDICULOUS single target DPS.

Wallach

There's a build that's possible with the Unhallowed Essence set using Hungering Arrow. One of the runes gives more damage with additional pierces and you combine it with the Quiver that gives even more piercing to Hungering Arrow. You basically just stack attack speed and put on Focus + Restraint while spamming Hungering Arrow.

Not sure if that build still works, it was a remnant of the PTR days. I know that the build had RIDICULOUS single target DPS.

There's an annoying downside, which is that Buriza is incapable of rolling max Discipline as a secondary. So you lose a bunch of damage on the UE6 multiplier.

Buriza's always been my favorite crossbow, but it's kinda RIP at the moment. Though Devouring Arrow does still do really stupid damage with UE6 even without the Discipline (it's just not really worth the blow up on your Multishot or the hit to your Hatred regen giving up Focus).

So tal rasha 6p + delsere 4p is really legit, it makes up for the lack of a good F+R
It also allows unity to be played when solo, so at least you don't die in 2 hits from trash mobs at 40+

Baliis

There's an annoying downside, which is that Buriza is incapable of rolling max Discipline as a secondary. So you lose a bunch of damage on the UE6 multiplier.

Buriza's always been my favorite crossbow, but it's kinda RIP at the moment. Though Devouring Arrow does still do really stupid damage with UE6 even without the Discipline (it's just not really worth the blow up on your Multishot or the hit to your Hatred regen giving up Focus).

Why can it not roll disc?

So apparently the big blood shard exploiters got rolled back. Haven't checked to confirm how far but it seems like their characters got reset.

Gabynator who did it for 200k shards was paragon 700. Hope that hurt a little bit for him.

EDIT: Can confirm Gaby got a complete reset. Can assume the others did too. Gone from a P700 GR50+ DH and Wiz to just a P45 Wiz lol.

Ashodin

So apparently the big blood shard exploiters got rolled back. Haven't checked to confirm how far but it seems like their characters got reset.

Gabynator who did it for 200k shards was paragon 700. Hope that hurt a little bit for him.

EDIT: Can confirm Gaby got a complete reset. Can assume the others did too. Gone from a P700 GR50+ DH and Wiz to just a P45 Wiz lol.

five0-ouch.gif

Howdy, would like to join the Neogaf clan. Just activated the game so I don't know what I'm doing but exited and expecting great adventures filled with loot, sent a request in game.

Wallach

Klankster is Plvl 2, rofl.

Dahbomb

Is it just the exploiters or was there a server wide reset?

So I've been checking out some top DH builds to see what I've been doing wrong and I noticed I have over double the toughness of even the top DH's with 13.5 mil and like triple the health with almost a million. Apparently that's not the correct way of doing things lol. I need to get over my +% life obsession.

Addnan

So I've been checking out some top DH builds to see what I've been doing wrong and I noticed I have over double the toughness of even the top DH's with 13.5 mil and like triple the health with almost a million. Apparently that's not the correct way of doing things lol. I need to get over my +% life obsession.

If you want to push the top then you want all the dps but if you are fairly new then a bit of toughness is nice if it allows you to just take that one extra hit.

If you want to push the top then you want all the dps but if you are fairly new then a bit of toughness is nice if it allows you to just take that one extra hit.
Fair enough, but I hit a point in which it was impossible for me to die but I wasn't killing fast enough, so I had to figure out what was going wrong. Guess I'll reroll some stats to get more damage.

Fair enough, but I hit a point in which it was impossible for me to die but I wasn't killing fast enough, so I had to figure out what was going wrong. Guess I'll reroll some stats to get more damage.

The way it is now is you go all damage and outrange or skip shit like Jailers or party with a Bitch Doctor. I am surprised tikiladian mask hasn't been nerfed yet, because if it stays the way it is now, it will FOREVER be #1 requirement to hit peak GR level while limited by only DPS.

rollback ? bunch of pussies geez

So I'm T1 right now, but if I can beat GR13 in 6.5 minutes and GR15 in 12 minutes, is it time to move on? Should I go T2 or T3? I'd still like to beat rifts at a reasonable pace.

So I'm T1 right now, but if I can beat GR13 in 6.5 minutes and GR15 in 12 minutes, is it time to move on? Should I go T2 or T3? I'd still like to beat rifts at a reasonable pace.

Too hard to say really. Best thing to do would be to just load up T2, enter a rift and see how it feels. If its feels too slow, just press escape and lower back to T1 until a few more upgrades.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
I wonder why the Diablo reddit keeps deleting threads posted about the rollbacks.

They have a stickied "megathread" intended for everything related to that, so the mods are deleting individual threads.

There are comments about the rollbacks, they're just far down with the default view and people wouldn't know they need to sort by newest to see them.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/32v3yr/megathread_blood_thief_exploit_discussion/cqg23fq

This is why the "new thread for new news" thing we have at NeoGAF is good.

Deadly

I think I've gambled every chest piece aside from tal's by now for gods sake.

Almost thinking about rolling a DH soon, the multishot build looks ridiculous.

Raticus79

I was checking out support barb builds but it seems like they're much worse off after the changes to in-geom and the obsidian ring. Too bad!

(edit: took out a bunch of outdated info)

Zvolen12

Neo Member
I think I've gambled every chest piece aside from tal's by now for gods sake.

Almost thinking about rolling a DH soon, the multishot build looks ridiculous.
I am in the same boat with you along with the desire to roll a DH. I was in a rift with a geared DH and the clear times were ridiculous.

BLCKATK

Hey guys, I just started playing D3 again, got myself a new seasonal DH, not sure exactly what to build for him yet but I'm having fun. Any chance I could get in the GAF clan? My b.net ID is BLCKATK #1537

What is atm the best build for wizards? in terms of rifts and grifts? i have gear for firebirds, tal, and in-geom build.

Firebird's pretty good for T6 rifts
Grifts you go either full tal rasha + F&R (but you won't have unity)
or Tal rasha + delsere (with unity and RORG)

I clear GR45 with tal rasha delsere without difficulty

For spells : piercing orb, mammoth hydra, blizzard (rune that freezes), teleport with calamity

Raticus79

Hey guys, I just started playing D3 again, got myself a new seasonal DH, not sure exactly what to build for him yet but I'm having fun. Any chance I could get in the GAF clan? My b.net ID is BLCKATK #1537

Yup, just request to join NeoGAF on the clan search and I'll check later today

IceMarker

Kadala will not give me those damn Akkhan Boots to complete my damn Condemn build. Meanwhile she's given me every pair of boots and about six Roland boots.

Kinda of wish I just went Barb for S3. Wizard is getting really really old, constantly having to cast Hydra to do any real damage.

I'm glad I bought the CE for Reaper of Souls (and Diablo III vanilla) because I have 1 of each class in Softcore, 1 of each class in Hardcore, and 3 spots open for whatever I feel like in Seasons. In this case I went Crusader, Barbarian, and Witch Doctor.

Rokam

Can't get an Angel Hair Braid to drop. It's starting to get a little disheartening, but this ended up dropping at the end of the night so I guess there's that.

z4Dl93a.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom