• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ploid 3.0

One post here says he was removed from the leaderboards and another said they saw him try multiple regions (to show it wasn't being faked by trying to connect to PTR or something).
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/17085118518?page=2
Just a bunch of hearsay right now. If anyone can watch the stream, keep an eye on that region selection.

I'm watching it now, I saw him go through the regions on his battle.net launcher. All regions and PTR were crossed out (circle with diagonal strike down the center). He clicked on Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm, and such and they allow him to play those.

Crap forgot to copy and paste edit before typing.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
I don't know why people bother using exploits, is it really that important to risk getting account closure or getting progress reset?

Why would they ban someone over an exploit when there's no economy to be messed up? We can't even trade items or sell shit.

I literally don't give two flying fucks about someone "cheating" in this game anymore.

Ploid 3.0

Why would they ban someone over an exploit when there's no economy to be messed up? We can't even trade items or sell shit.

I literally don't give two flying fucks about someone "cheating" in this game anymore.

There is a season race going on, this exploit would have left people not using it in the dust due to how fast exploiters could gear up their characters for perfect items.

Shrug, their game their rules. The broader issue is that it is a mandatory online game that is 'trying' to attempt to have balance, ladders, progress, and a sense of achievement. Allowing exploits like this ruins that entire experience.

I'm not sure if you understand how bad this was, you are talking about individuals farming over 300, 400, 500k blood shards.

MrDaravon

I'm with you pretty much. But they have Leaderboards, so they have to at least put on some show of having everyone on an equal playing field because of that. I figured at worst they would just wipe the worst offenders seasonal characters though.

Also mannercookie is definitely banned, I watched Modz's stream for a bit and he's on his friends list, and when he tries to pull up mc's D3 profile it's completely blank with 0 achievements up top. I'm curious who else they will ban, if anyone. There's tons of pictures and evidence of Gaby, Klankster and some other folks doing it way more than mc was, so I'm curious if they will actually legitimately ban people that should be banned if they banned mc, or if they just did mc as a warning or something. Blizzard is so weird and inconsistent sometimes.

I hope they ban everybody who abused the exploit
Trying it once or twice for good fun is harmless, but having 300k+ blood shards ? lmao

It's also extremely easy to detect

There is a season race going on, this exploit would have left people not using it in the dust due to how fast exploiters could gear up their characters for perfect items.

Shrug, their game their rules. The broader issue is that it is a mandatory online game that is 'trying' to attempt to have balance, ladders, progress, and a sense of achievement. Allowing exploits like this ruins that entire experience.

I'm not sure if you understand how bad this was, you are talking about individuals farming over 300, 400, 500k blood shards.

I guess I forgot about seasons and the race to the top it promotes. At least it makes some sense in this context. I don't really see the appeal to getting to the top as fast as possible but to each their own. We don't even have any meaningful PvP that would necessitate an exploit free environment.

I'm with you pretty much. But they have Leaderboards, so they have to at least put on some show of having everyone on an equal playing field because of that. I figured at worst they would just wipe the worst offenders seasonal characters though.

I mean how long have you and I been playing this? I just enjoy getting on and smashing shit and finding new gear and trying new builds. Constantly improving my character. I set my own milestones and don't pay attention to anyone else. Hopefully my character is good enough to play with my GAF clan friends ..

Dahbomb

oh wait..

Mannercookie just got banned for using the exploit.

ynFpG9s.jpg

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

http://www.twitch.tv/mannercookie
Aww shiiieeet....

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
I guess I forgot about seasons and the race to the top it promotes. At least it makes some sense in this context. I don't really see the appeal to getting to the top as fast as possible but to each their own. We don't even have any meaningful PvP that would necessitate an exploit free environment.

I mean how long have you and I been playing this? I just enjoy getting on and smashing shit and finding new gear and trying new builds. Constantly improving my character. I set my own milestones and don't pay attention to anyone else. Hopefully my character is good enough to play with my GAF clan friends ..

The seasons have an appeal as a fresh start, both for people who want to compete and people playing casually just enjoying the quick progression during the early game. When people have geared up to the extent that it could be a month between upgrades, it's nice for them to have something to look forward to again. I'd say it's Blizzard's method of keeping the community's interest on life support until they finish up whatever else they're working on and gear up for another D3 expansion, so it's a big deal if anything messes up the validity of that season.

It's a common sentiment that "no one cares about non-season" since it has this legacy influence of busted stuff. People see the season as having better competitive integrity.

Alkaizer had been playing 8 hours a day or something without knowing about this exploit. Other people got to a similar gear level in a fraction of the time. Drawing a somewhat-silly analogy, it's like if someone had been putting in months of training for the Olympics and found out on competition day that everyone was allowed to use steroids and no one had told them.

Ploid 3.0

Recently finally got a complete Focus Restraint set and tried to roll crit damage on them both. I ended up with twins on primary stats. Now I have enough to try to get closer to 50 (no legendaries I need are dropping. Come on Serpent Sparker.

21Zy4cS.jpg

Dahbomb

Yea Blizzard just put out a statement saying they will be fixing the Shards and banning anyone caught using it.

Surprised they didn't just shut down the server.

Yea Wizards use F&R especially on the Arcane Orb build. Probably use on Tal Rasha as well.

The seasons have an appeal as a fresh start, both for people who want to compete and people playing casually just enjoying the quick progression during the early game. When people have geared up to the extent that it could be a month between upgrades, it's nice for them to have something to look forward to again. I'd say it's Blizzard's method of keeping the community's interest on life support until they finish up whatever else they're working on and gear up for another D3 expansion, so it's a big deal if anything messes up the validity of that season.

It's a common sentiment that "no one cares about non-season" since it has this legacy influence of busted stuff. People see the season as having better competitive integrity.

Alkaizer had been playing 8 hours a day or something without knowing about this exploit. Other people got to a similar gear level in a fraction of the time. Drawing a somewhat-silly analogy, it's like if someone had been putting in months of training for the Olympics and found out on competition day that everyone was allowed to use steroids and no one had told them.

I'm eager for something because all seasons have done for me is fragment the community I used to play with :/

MrDaravon

I'm eager for something because all seasons have done for me is fragment the community I used to play with :/

Within 30 hours of gametime my Seasons DH shit on my like 1500 hour non-seasons DH in all regards except Paragon levels and I guess legendary gem levels, although in that time I got the ones I needed to rank 25+ so eh. And this will vary from season to season depending on what items they add, but one of the items I'm using that is making my build is OP is only in Seasons. It's not for everyone, but at this point in the game's life except for paragon levels it is so ridiculously easy to get back to full t6 facemelt in relatively no time. And if you want to power-level you can super easy now. I'm at over para 250 in under 40 hours, and I'm hardly playing super efficiently.

Within 30 hours of gametime my Seasons DH shit on my like 1500 hour non-seasons DH in all regards except Paragon levels and I guess legendary gem levels, although in that time I got the ones I needed to rank 25+ so eh. And this will vary from season to season depending on what items they add, but one of the items I'm using that is making my build is OP is only in Seasons. It's not for everyone, but at this point in the game's life except for paragon levels it is so ridiculously easy to get back to full t6 facemelt in relatively no time. And if you want to power-level you can super easy now. I'm at over para 250 in under 40 hours, and I'm hardly playing super efficiently.

Maybe I'll jump into season 4. Two seemed to go fast. Did they shorten the duration?

I hope they don't ban the accounts, but just wipe their characters and remove their spots on the leaderboard.

Not home for another 9 hours, is anyone on NA able to check Quin69's profile for Rift/BS count? Should be easy to find his profile near top of the Monk leaderboards. Really hope he hasn't got involved in this, but he plays with mostly DNA people so he likely has.

Ploid 3.0

Yea Blizzard just put out a statement saying they will be fixing the Shards and banning anyone caught using it.

Surprised they didn't just shut down the server.

Yea Wizards use F&R especially on the Arcane Orb build. Probably use on Tal Rasha as well.

Yeah I'm doing Tal Rasha. Spam primary while blizzard and tornado refresh the spirit spender before I recast them again where needed. Hydra only seem to count as I put it out.

MrDaravon

How OG? Pre inferno nerf OG? lol

I'll hit u up if I'm on. Thanks eek.

Yeah I can help power level you as well, I should be able to carry a person in T6 no problems. What IS the best way to power level people, I haven't done it since vanilla. Is it still to get them some rift keys, have them sit in the beginning of the rift and just get the xp for completing the rift?

Edit: Unrelated, but a while back for some reason I found the Barb leapquake set helm on my DH. Just hit up my transmogrify menu, and it looks fucking horrific on my DH with the UE set on.

2G8rRVb.jpg

eek5

Yeah I can help power level you as well, I should be able to carry a person in T6 no problems. What IS the best way to power level people, I haven't done it since vanilla. Is it still to get them some rift keys, have them sit in the beginning of the rift and just get the xp for completing the rift?

Yeah I like to run T6 with them standing in the beginning of each area. Takes about 4-5 rifts usually so around 15-20 minutes. I mostly do this so I continue to get a good amount of drops and blood shards along the way.

I'll usually clear A1 bounties too hopefully getting them a rorg lol

Vicros

Welcome to A2 OH GOD BEEEEEEEEESSSSS

I remember the act one to act two transition on inferno being like a brick wall.

People who've come to the game late don't understand how fucked hard launch inferno was. It was like a different game back then. You would go weeks at a time with no legendary drops, and then when one did it would be worse than the rare you were already using in that slot.

Champ packs were awful. There used to be a elite affix called Invulnerable Minions. What this meant was lets say you have an elite desert wasp that had five blue minions. The five blue wasps would have a permanent shield that wouldn't go away until you killed the main elite wasp. You couldn't hurt them in any way. But that wasn't the only affix! Lets say they were also reflect, which back then meant reflect. It was always on and deadly and you would murder yourself just by attacking things. And then when you died there was no revive at corpse option. You had to run back from the last checkpoint every time.

But the best part?

When you got back to the pack you were fighting it was at full health becuse if you got to far away from a champ pack they would revive to full health.

Deadly

I remember the act one to act two transition on inferno being like a brick wall.

People who've come to the game late don't understand how fucked hard launch inferno was. It was like a different game back then. You would go weeks at a time with no legendary drops, and then when one did it would be worse than the rare you were already using in that slot.

Champ packs were awful. There used to be a elite affix called Invulnerable Minions. What this meant was lets say you have an elite desert wasp that had five blue minions. The five blue wasps would have a permanent shield that wouldn't go away until you killed the main elite wasp. You couldn't hurt them in any way. But that wasn't the only affix! Lets say they were also reflect, which back then meant reflect. It was always on and deadly and you would murder yourself just by attacking things. And then when you died there was no revive at corpse option. You had to run back from the last checkpoint every time.

But the best part?

When you got back to the pack you were fighting it was at full health becuse if you got to far away from a champ pack they would revive to full health.
Don't forget the enrage timers hahaha

Raticus79

I hope they don't ban the accounts, but just wipe their characters and remove their spots on the leaderboard.

Not home for another 9 hours, is anyone on NA able to check Quin69's profile for Rift/BS count? Should be easy to find his profile near top of the Monk leaderboards. Really hope he hasn't got involved in this, but he plays with mostly DNA people so he likely has.

Saw a random post that he was around 120k, so no problem there.

Raticus79

I just want to know what sorcery is going on in their code or deployment process that can create a bug like this from a blood shard goblin fix. I mean, they did recently fix a bug with the gelatinous sires not splitting consistently enough... maybe they repeated that split rate boost on top of itself with this hotfix deployment and the sires are now in turbo-reproduction mode.

This stuff reads like an issue log for Dwarf Fortress.

Ploid 3.0

Apparently the gelatinous goblins continue to split into way too many goblins after the hotfix, resulting in tons of loot:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/32vnnj/gelatinous_goblins_bugged_after_hotfix/

This actually happened to me, I thought it was normal, only one got away but the loot was still all bleh.

All these years-old-Inferno posts are giving me panic attacks...

Josh Mosquiera and his team saved Diablo III.

I was actually making progress in pre patch Inferno with my wizard. Melee face tanked Rakanoth for fun. I should look into melee wizard these days, it's probably not worth it since it's better to just destroy everything and that much defensive play isn't needed. I exploited the crap out of the hydra healing (heal on kill x3 hydra heads).

Getting gear back then was so bad. Level 40 - 50s still dropping everywhere, a messed up item level system, no smart loot, so many ways gear could be useless because the stars had to align to make it okay enough to look at it for more than 2 seconds.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
So I got myself two pieces of IK for my barb tonight and woah, that's really a game changer having the ancients run around with me full time. I topped out around GR12 before, now with two piece IK I'm up to GR17 and still slowly climbing up. Damn.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Finally did over 40 GR solo without unity with my barb (was using the unity like effect with ancients)

Thanks loot gods

Really need a stone of jordan and a good amulet with a socket on it... le sigh

robochimp

But the best part?

Don't forget the real money auction house, I sold a Nat's ring for $200.

Yeah good times, knowing that some people made mad cash using exploits to be invincible and farm act 3 on inferno like fuck and get crazy items to sell
Good times indeed.

So what other players got banned ? I want names

Radec

Invulnerable 4 Monks
Real glass canon Demon Hunter with AS gear.
Invulnerable Wizard

Against invulnerable minions.

fun times.

Radec

The new cold gem is pretty good on Demon Hunter, helps proc trapped and cull the weak easily with the generator.

If only Rimeheart's proc % is greater than 10%, it would be the best pair ever.

You can deal +10,000% dmg on those frozen mobs easily

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Two days of gearing made my shield bashes go from under 20mil to 2bil. lel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom