• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gettnig near P300 this season and no Dead Man's, seems like every other DH got one almost instantly. Dat RNG.

Chakram Variant I am using in the meantime is still pretty fun but definitely think Dead Man will instantly push me up a few grift levels.

Any Barbs able to comment on which set to prioritise, IK or WotW? Never played Barb before but currently gearing him via shards.

I got lucky on blood shards and got witching hour pretty early. I have been pretty lucky in general considering I haven't gone to crazy in play time.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Aliencowz7-1545/hero/60249672

That is my DH currently, have all 3 full sets with 2-3 ancients for each set. Gotten 2 Kridershots so far after never having seen one the rest of my time playing D3. Wish I could give out some dead man's legacies to the people that still need them though, gotten at least 8-10 of them and 3 ancients so far lol.

Addnan

You have a pretty good Krider so hope you've been looking at the lightning balls builds, it's pretty amazing for high GRs. My less than optimal gear was so mightily close to downing a 52 yesterday.

You have a pretty good Krider so hope you've been looking at the lightning balls builds, it's pretty amazing for high GRs. My less than optimal gear was so mightily close to downing a 52 yesterday.

I have been thinking about dropping the iceblink and trying a lightning ball build out, I tend to try to avoid pushing GRs to hard though since I have exceptionally bad luck with map and mob layouts.

I swear every time I try to do a high greater rift it ends up full of those winged assassin leaping dudes.

Celegus

Gettnig near P300 this season and no Dead Man's, seems like every other DH got one almost instantly. Dat RNG.

Chakram Variant I am using in the meantime is still pretty fun but definitely think Dead Man will instantly push me up a few grift levels.

Any Barbs able to comment on which set to prioritise, IK or WotW? Never played Barb before but currently gearing him via shards.

I'd go for Wastes first. I've had much better luck with that full set than the full IK bonus. Combining them is obviously ideal, but finding the IK hammer is quite problematic (for me).

hitgirl

Any gear I should be on the lockout for with my Crusader? I just beat the DLC and did my first rift on Torment II. Right now I have a ring that keeps the archers out 200% longer and they have been beating it, that's pretty much my build until I find another game changing item.

Addnan

You say you can't find the quiver and then you are putting all your shards into Barb gear! Why. You are far more likely to find it through Kadala.

Cool thanks, that happens to be the one I have the most pieces of.

Wastes is much better damage-wise currently with the 6 piece, and there's a few different ways to run it. Generally the smoothest ways to run it I have found involve at a minimum 6 WotW and 2 IK so you get permanent Call of the Ancients which provide either enormous fury generation or 50% damage reduction. But there are other ways to do it. The 6 piece IK bonus is just not worth it over 6 piece WotW.

Jedi2016

Wastes is much better damage-wise currently with the 6 piece, and there's a few different ways to run it. Generally the smoothest ways to run it I have found involve at a minimum 6 WotW and 2 IK so you get permanent Call of the Ancients which provide either enormous fury generation or 50% damage reduction. But there are other ways to do it. The 6 piece IK bonus is just not worth it over 6 piece WotW.
Yeah, I tried the new IK set and just wasn't feeling it. Went back to my Raekor/IK Furious Whirlwind build. The only change is I'm wearing less IK now for the CotA uptime. Still collecting pieces of WotW, I've only got two so far (the helm is Ancient, though, that's a plus). I wasn't sure you can fit six-piece WotW with 2-piece IK? Are there enough slots for that? (I haven't looked into it yet).

mileS

6pc IK is horrible. Even combined with 2pc wastes you can barely handle t6 alone.

Yeah, I tried the new IK set and just wasn't feeling it. Went back to my Raekor/IK Furious Whirlwind build. The only change is I'm wearing less IK now for the CotA uptime. Still collecting pieces of WotW, I've only got two so far (the helm is Ancient, though, that's a plus). I wasn't sure you can fit six-piece WotW with 2-piece IK? Are there enough slots for that? (I haven't looked into it yet).
You can :) in fact you can mix 6pc wastes with 4pc IK!
http://www.diablofans.com/builds/53986-6ww-4ik-gr50-55-whirlwind

I found the vault <3

Like 5 minutes after I booted up the game too.

Edit: for the love of God Sokahr will you please drop the key. Trying to get these keys on T2 is not good for my mental health.

You say you can't find the quiver and then you are putting all your shards into Barb gear! Why. You are far more likely to find it through Kadala.

Because I mistakenly thought Quivers were also 100 shards. But, it no longer matters.
QsVhoXC.jpg

There's a chance that the infernal machine bosses don't drop their item?

I'm done

Edit:btw I requested to join the NeoGAF EU clan so it'd be great if someone could approve me :)
As in the uber bosses or the key wardens? The uber bosses have a 100% drop rate at T6.
The ubers. I can only handle T3 right now so did it on that, big mistake. Should probably just farm those keys until I can do T6.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
So is there a way to cheese hate generation as a demon hunter using a UE6 build?

I find that hate is my biggest issue with this build and I am not sure what I could do to build it faster so I can reliably spam Multishot

Addnan

So is there a way to cheese hate generation as a demon hunter using a UE6 build?

I find that hate is my biggest issue with this build and I am not sure what I could do to build it faster so I can reliably spam Multishot

Evasive Fire Focus, bat companion and then if your really need to can use Night Stalker passive. Focus, bat + just a little bit of rcr seems to be enough for me.

eek5

I don't have a ton of problems with hatred. I do have problems with disc though.. sometimes when I'm vaulting a lot I'll run out and even with prep or whatever I can fill it all up. I have 75 disc so it takes forever to get back to max for my big bonus :(

MrDaravon

I don't have a ton of problems with hatred. I do have problems with disc though.. sometimes when I'm vaulting a lot I'll run out and even with prep or whatever I can fill it all up. I have 75 disc so it takes forever to get back to max for my big bonus :(

Yeah maintaining full or nearly full Disc is of paramount importance if you're running UE. You need to stop vaulting if that's not the case. Unless you're just running T6 and everything is dying anyway or whatever.

They really need to add T7/T8 or something. T6 is complete baby faceroll, but I just really don't like doing grfits. I get why some people do, but it's just not my thing, and I absolutely hate that I have to do them to level up gems, which leads to me just doing the bare minimum rank and types of gems I need. Getting rid of trials will be a big help, but I just don't find it fun to try to push grifts and then get a bad one and you just die a million times. The concept of grifts in a game that is RNG is hilarious to me. I already think I'm done again for this season, after about 50 hours my seasonal DH completely shits on any of my non-seasonal characters, T6 is a joke and I have no desire to push grifts. Almost all of my gear is Ancient with good to great rolls.....so yeah.

hitgirl

I just got Helm of Arkhan from the NPC. Is this a good helm for my crusader? I also got the Zweihander and now handing things well on T3.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I really have no idea which one is better.

I use cold skills, the difference with the socket is 22%, but the real kicker here is the 11 discipline vs 12 discipline.

Due to UE6 that's a 15% damage difference :S

Fucking diablo 3 man.

I think the cluckeye is technically worse which is really enraging to think about

neoism

plevel 200 man ive been a soo unlucky for like 100 pl levels really cant gear my barb at all... :/ seems like everyone but me is got on the sets ... ;(

Dreavus

Yeah maintaining full or nearly full Disc is of paramount importance if you're running UE. You need to stop vaulting if that's not the case. Unless you're just running T6 and everything is dying anyway or whatever.

They really need to add T7/T8 or something. T6 is complete baby faceroll, but I just really don't like doing grfits. I get why some people do, but it's just not my thing, and I absolutely hate that I have to do them to level up gems, which leads to me just doing the bare minimum rank and types of gems I need. Getting rid of trials will be a big help, but I just don't find it fun to try to push grifts and then get a bad one and you just die a million times. The concept of grifts in a game that is RNG is hilarious to me. I already think I'm done again for this season, after about 50 hours my seasonal DH completely shits on any of my non-seasonal characters, T6 is a joke and I have no desire to push grifts. Almost all of my gear is Ancient with good to great rolls.....so yeah.

Greater rifts feel like a pretty good way to go about the "end game" as far as I tell, since there is no upper limit to them. People are encouraged to push them as far as possible. It gives us something to fight over that can't ever be "maxed out". I think removing trials will be a great step for improving the mode.

The thing about adding T7/T8 is that wouldn't it just quickly become the "new T6"?

Jedi2016

plevel 200 man ive been a soo unlucky for like 100 pl levels really cant gear my barb at all... :/ seems like everyone but me is got on the sets ... ;(
Kadala hooked me up with two more pieces of WotW tonight. And both Ancient to boot. Can't complain. Gamble dat shit!

Got full WotW yesterday afternoon in like 2-3 hours of T6 farming with raekor lol, plus the ashbringer I linked above. Think I dropped 4 items (gloves pants chest and boots twice), and had to kadala the shoulders. Still missing the helm but it's not necessary, running 6p WotW + 2p IK for now (still need IK's BB, hopefully I get it ancient), it's a pretty funny gameplay, although in T6 I'm really low on fury because the ancients don't have time to generate fury

Looking forward to dropping the BK weapons but so far no luck with that, would help farm T6 faster

All that is not on season though :p

IceMarker

13 different people requesting to be in the official GAF clan and I recognize none of them/none have posted in the thread. C'mon people post once and lurk the rest of your time on GAF, I don't care! Just POST ONCE (with your Battletag) and I'll throw you an invite!

In other news, time to give me those Akkhan boots Ms. Kadala, it's been 3 days now.

Can you be in more than one clan at once ? Can't remember if it's clan or community that is exclusive
If yes then could you invite me ? If you guys accept europeans that is
Shugga#2416

Ultratech

Got full WotW yesterday afternoon in like 2-3 hours of T6 farming with raekor lol, plus the ashbringer I linked above. Think I dropped 4 items (gloves pants chest and boots twice), and had to kadala the shoulders. Still missing the helm but it's not necessary, running 6p WotW + 2p IK for now (still need IK's BB, hopefully I get it ancient), it's a pretty funny gameplay, although in T6 I'm really low on fury because the ancients don't have time to generate fury

Looking forward to dropping the BK weapons but so far no luck with that, would help farm T6 faster

All that is not on season though :p

Yeah, I need to pull together a Wastes set. So far, I've only got the Gloves + another piece.
Looking at my options right now; I've got full Raekors along with 2pc IK (may work Taskers in there since I got an amazing IK weapon and I've got enough pieces to make it work for now.)

Having perma CotA is pretty fun. If I could find a Vile Ward, it'd be awesome. Kadala keeps giving me crap shoulders though.

Yeah, I need to pull together a Wastes set. So far, I've only got the Gloves + another piece.
Looking at my options right now; I've got full Raekors along with 2pc IK (may work Taskers in there since I got an amazing IK weapon and I've got enough pieces to make it work for now.)

Having perma CotA is pretty fun. If I could find a Vile Ward, it'd be awesome. Kadala keeps giving me crap shoulders though.

5p raekor 2p IK is pretty good to farm. I don't think you can do 5p raekor 4p IK though because of the vile wards :/ But you can do 4p raekor 4p IK, that should work well.

Baliis

Forgot to post last night, but I finished the conquest last night to do GR 40 with three sets. Used Mara and Nats on my DH, Zunis on my WD. I don't have a Jeram or Dagger of Darts on my WD, so my damage suuuuucked. Nats took me longer for the actual rift because I died a lot, but only took like one try instead of six or seven for Zuni.

Got up to 4pc Firebird's and 2pc Tal's this weekend, pretty fun so far throwing down all those extra meteors :D

I just need to adjust my build to start actually making use of the wand I have that gives 20% extra disintegrate damage (Slorak's Madness). And I'd like to not be broke all the time from crafting gems and rerolling stats.

Or skull grasp + SoJ or something like that
6p IK + bul kathos just stomps T6 rifts, it's better than 6p wastes + 4p ik for farming imo (just for the movement speed and free 10 fury/sec)

Here's something new for the demon hunters - solo GR55 in the season with Nat's and Focus+Restraint.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/337h9q/ama_natalias_gr55_solo_dh_currently_1_us_seasons/
http://www.diablofans.com/builds/54714-natalias-gr55-1-dh-na-seasons

It's using the knockback rune on RoV, but for groups I imagine another rune and something other than strongarms for the bracers would be fine.

"Get RoV damage on any slot that can (Shoulders, chest), get strafe on helm if possible but not boots since %MS = 120dex = higher RoV damage."
That flawed logic... 120 dex = 1.2% damage considering you have 10k dex, there is no way this beats 15% to a skill lol

time to roll a Barb.

Getting bored with Tal Wiz.
Have fun, it's much more relaxing than wiz
Went from monk to wiz and was amazed how more relaxing it is.
And now I'm on my barb and it's just a cakewalk.. damn
Playing monk is so stressful in comparison to anything

Baliis

Here's something new for the demon hunters - solo GR55 in the season with Nat's and Focus+Restraint.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/337h9q/ama_natalias_gr55_solo_dh_currently_1_us_seasons/
http://www.diablofans.com/builds/54714-natalias-gr55-1-dh-na-seasons

It's using the knockback rune on RoV, but for groups I imagine another rune and something other than strongarms for the bracers would be fine.

I almost used something g like this for my GR 40, but I don't think I quite have the CDR to pull it off without using the obsidian ring for my cooldowns, so I went with that instead.

That flawed logic... 120 dex = 1.2% damage considering you have 10k dex, there is no way this beats 15% to a skill lol

I'd have to look at the numbers but I wouldn't be surprised if he's right, strafe damage is shit compared to your RoV damage. Between the actual skill and the belt, RoV hits for billions while strafe maybe hits like 20mil for me or so? I forget exactly, but it doesn't compare at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom