• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celegus

Anyone have some tips for my fire wizard? Other than the missing gem in the pants of course, ran out of money (probably another vit gem). I can do T3 pretty easily, but die way too quickly in the higher difficulties. Would putting a socket in my 2300 dps Chantodo wand be a better move than my current weapon? Any passives I should be running? Also, not sure what I should feed my shards to Kadala for next.

Tarazet

So, I have an Inna's Favor that dropped at level 60, during 2.0 but before the expansion launched. I kept it because of the roll I got on it. Still have yet to see anything else like it. Is a Dex roll over 500 supposed to be possible at 70? I mean, it's just a curiosity - something I would use to see if I can break 10K Dex for fun. But an interesting curiosity.

1Q0TAls.png

ElyrionX

Asking again. Does anyone get silky smooth 60fps (even in huge 4-player battles) at 1080 or 1200 high settings? What hardware are you running, if so?

DoctorStrum

Neo Member
Yesterday was a very good day for my barb. Got a Cindercoat from Kadala (although not the best rolls), Fire Walkers, Mad Monarchs Scepter and crafted 3 pieces of Ashearas set.

I also opened like 30 Act 1 caches but no RoRG :( They do drop from caches obtained on normal right?

I have a SoJ in my stash with strength, vit and physical, would it be worth it to reroll it to fire and sub for one of my current rings? Cause my sheet DPS would definitely suffer.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Hippetihop-2159/hero/21204031

Lethal

Neo Member
Im having the worst goddamn time gearing my WD. I want to build a pet doc with MoJ and Zuni set. So far, 2 pairs of Zuni boots and 8 Grin Reapers. Bunch of other garbage masks. Its killing me.

Especially bad since I geared my Monk comparatively easily to 100% lightning with 1600 AR, 9k armor etc. Even TF and OS were easier to find...

bcl0328

i7-4770k @ 4.4
R9 290 @ 1100/6000

Play on 1440p @ 90hz, almost never see it come off Vsync.

is all your settings maxed out? i have a GTX 680 and i get frame drops in certain environments and if there is a lot going on screen.

this game is just not optimized well. that's all. every blizz game is that way in my experience.

This is probably a dumb question.
With followers they benefit primarily from their primary stat and then also vitality.
It seems like their crit chance maxes out at 15% and their crit damage at 150.
Does this mean that socketed weapons should use either Diamonds or Rubies assuming the 15 and 150 are already met or almost met.
If so, any suggestions for which.

With non-weapon sockets I'm guessing just the primary stat is the best bet.

I have Asheara's set, so maxing out my followers should help a lot (and there's not a whole lot left to change on my wizard (Woh + mirrorball + aughild's + asheara's + magefist + cindercoat).

Thanks for any suggestions.

if their CC and CD is maxed, yes a ruby is best.

posting again so joesmokey sees :p

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/xanthore-1464/hero/42470326

any tips or advice for my wiz?

Trying to get this Witching Hour is becoming increasingly frustrating. Not to mention once I do get one I then move onto trying to get a Stone of Jordan.

Might start gearing my Monk or Wizard a bit further and just switch back to my DH when I want to spend the shards.

Totakeke

Finally got a BoP! Off a normal bounty of all things. :/

6d6Ol7Q.png

Unrolled too! I'm a happy camper. First impressions of the build, I'm kinda underwhelmed. The constant need to stare at the hotbar is exactly good for survival either.

I can't decide whether it's better with fire walkers or captain's crimson. On one hand fire walkers is just triggers rally better than anything else, but on the other hand you'll just die at higher torments standing so close to bosses.

Can Gyrfalcon's and Jenkabord drop from Kadala? Is it only class specific set items not included in Kadala's table (for now) or all class specific legendary lvl 70 items? Will Kadala give up Andraiels?

Celegus

Can Gyrfalcon's and Jenkabord drop from Kadala? Is it only class specific set items not included in Kadala's table (for now) or all class specific legendary lvl 70 items? Will Kadala give up Andraiels?

I don't know about the others, but she can definitely hand out an Andariel's helm. My wizard finally got one this weekend from her.

garath

Rifts are starting to be nicer to me (I had one rift over the weekend that gave me 1 maurader's set gloves and 3 other legendaries) but Kadala is still a bitch. Only 2 legendaries ever from her.

RNG.

My build is coming along though. With a ring of royal grandeur I'll get the maurader's 4 set bonus and get my zoo build going. Have a bombadier's rucksack waiting for that day too. Ran about 50 normal act 1 bounties over the weekend with nothing :(

I feel very hodge podge though. Nothing BiS yet except perhaps my Nat's slayer (of which I'm eagerly awaiting the elem damage fix). Been rerolling an archfiend quiver to get CA damage but I'm up to around 10 re-rolls with no luck so far. So many possible affixes, I think I'd have to get super lucky for that.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/garath-1132/hero/40752152

I know how difficulty etc effects cache drops but can I farm up a bunch of caches on my DH then open them on my Wizard for a better chance of rolling INT?

Finally got a BoP! Off a normal bounty of all things. :/

6d6Ol7Q.png

Unrolled too! I'm a happy camper. First impressions of the build, I'm kinda underwhelmed. The constant need to stare at the hotbar is exactly good for survival either.

I can't decide whether it's better with fire walkers or captain's crimson. On one hand fire walkers is just triggers rally better than anything else, but on the other hand you'll just die at higher torments standing so close to bosses.

At higher torments you'll want Iron Skin on your toolbar also.

That thing is nice

ferr

So looking at the kadala drop rates summary on diablofans (http://www.diablofans.com/forums/di...ing-drop-rates-summary-part-2-share-your-post) against the leaked non-torment loot table.. Calamity costs roughly 37,000 shards to get from Kadala. That's on average of course. CALAMITY 1.79% (1/55.86) ... Kadala 1H Leg 1/45 * 15 shards = 675 shards per leg ... 55.86 * 675 = 37,705.5 shards

So at 50(?) shards per rift, that would take 37,705/50= 754 rifts to obtain. At 10 minutes per rift, that would be 7540 minutes or 125 hours which is a little over 5 days of rifting. I guess RIF would help. I'm never gonna get one!

oh wow, and the rarest item in the game is http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/the-star-of-azkaranth at 0.16% = 837,500 shards or 2791 hours of rifting (116 days).

I have only seen blue posts on revising horadic cache loot tables but I would hope that being able to target specific 1h weapons with Kadala is planned. It is bullshit that some classes get the benefit if limiting the weapons pools and others have to slog through the entire pool of "1 handed weapons"

ferr

I have only seen blue posts on revising horadic cache loot tables but I would hope that being able to target specific 1h weapons with Kadala is planned. It is bullshit that some classes get the benefit if limiting the weapons pools and others have to slog through the entire pool of "1 handed weapons"

pretty sure they said that's coming in the next patch. you won't get weapons you don't need from kadala in regards to 1h gambling

So looking at the kadala drop rates summary on diablofans (http://www.diablofans.com/forums/di...ing-drop-rates-summary-part-2-share-your-post) against the leaked non-torment loot table.. Calamity costs roughly 37,000 shards to get from Kadala. That's on average of course. CALAMITY 1.79% (1/55.86) ... Kadala 1H Leg 1/45 * 15 shards = 675 shards per leg ... 55.86 * 675 = 37,705.5 shards

So at 50(?) shards per rift, that would take 37,705/50= 754 rifts to obtain. At 10 minutes per rift, that would be 7540 minutes or 125 hours which is a little over 5 days of rifting. I guess RIF would help. I'm never gonna get one!
This is the most depressing post I've read regarding Diablo 3 =(

Veezy

que?
So, all this talk of blood shards, what's the best way to spend them?

Also, all the gear that drops now I don't need, should I salvage it or sell it?

Any Paragon leveling tips for my Barb?

Totakeke

You could always get lucky on the first 15 shards!

Yeah I'm testing iron skin with fire walkers... still not enough mitigation against the rift guardian I tested at t4 to facetank it. I think I need to reconsider my gear.

ferr

This is the most depressing post I've read regarding Diablo 3 =(

Well, look at it this way- those 754 rifts might increase your chance of getting Calamity. If you stick to non-torment.. If you get 1 leg per rift (conjecture on that stat).. There are 15 types of legs that can drop for a DH (helm, shoulders, chest, cloak, amulet, wrist, gloves, belt, ring, boots, 1hxb, xb, bow, quiver,pants) -- so every leg has a 1/15 chance of being a 1hxb.

That's a 1hxb every 15 rifts and a calamity is 1/55 1hxb, so 1 calamity every 15*55=825 rifts.

OK, nevermind, good luck getting a calamity.

Also when it drops there's a good chance of it having crap rolls without a socket. I AM THE REAPER OF SOULS.

RDreamer

Yup. I think I'll just try to gamble for a Gyrfalcon's Foote when the next major patch hits, then craft everything else. Rest is a fleeting dream.

You shouldn't need to wait for that. Unless I'm mistaken they said gambling for legendaries isn't going to change, as you will already only get legendaries that your class can use. It's rares that you might get and can't use right now. Most people outside of new level 70s toss the rares anyway so it realistically doesn't matter if you can't use them.

zon

Agreed. I hope they change it soon.

garath

I'm never going to see a calamity :(

Have you consider Aughild for shoulder, helm and bracer?

Not a bad idea. Would rather a maurader's shoulder and Andariel's helm but might be a good set to have for now.

I'm still trying to get a reaper's wrap. I've crafted over 10 now.

Mumei

Have you consider Aughild for shoulder, helm and bracer?

I recently added Cain and Aughild on shoulder, bracer, boots, and pants and the set bonuses (with RoRG) has been very helpful. I finally feel like I'm competent in Torment I rifts.

Hey guys,

I decided to make a new wiz and throw my spare fire gear that I've saved up from my Tal Rasha arcane wiz on her and would appreciate some feedback/suggestions on doing T6. Here's a link to my profile: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Poomba-6477/hero/2447306

I've made a few attempts already and T6 is definitely doable, but I still die a few times during the run and especially against the tougher affixes. My self buffed DPS in game is about 1.6M and toughness about 6M. The most obvious thing I notice is that I probably need some more life... jailer is about 60% of my hp and mortars will pretty much one shot me.

Anything that would help me gear or build wise? I pretty much have every item in the game outside of the super rare stuff (no Wand of Woh, no Ice Climbers, no Moonlight Ward, etc.) I just swapped to Blackthorne's pants and boots to see if it will help with survivability but haven't tested it out yet. Before that I was running with Ashaera's hands, pants, and boots. I'm trying to roll 20% fire on the amulet but haven't gotten it yet. Is there a point when there is too much fire damage?

I was thinking about doing Aughild's bracers/helm, Ashaera's shoulders, pants, boots, then Magefist with Tal Rasha chest. I'm only using the weapon for the fire damage, but I have a few Thunderfury's I could swap out to if needed...

Firemind

You shouldn't need to wait for that. Unless I'm mistaken they said gambling for legendaries isn't going to change, as you will already only get legendaries that your class can use. It's rares that you might get and can't use right now. Most people outside of new level 70s toss the rares anyway so it realistically doesn't matter if you can't use them.

I thought they were going to split 1Hs and 2Hs into their respective weapon type subcategories? Because in this current state no way I'm going to throw away thousands of shards just to see pig stickers and the barbers pop up.

Celegus

So, all this talk of blood shards, what's the best way to spend them?

Also, all the gear that drops now I don't need, should I salvage it or sell it?

Any Paragon leveling tips for my Barb?

Spend them on armor first, since it's cheaper than weapons/jewelry. Either try to replace your crappiest item at a time, or go for a certain item if there's one you know you want.

I'd salvage a decent bit at first so that you have some materials to work with for crafting (a few hundred veiled crystals). Gold is pretty much used for crafting gems, so it is useful especially once you get some decent equipment worth putting good gems in. A flawless royal costs something like 10 million, and is the resaon I'm currently broke.

As far as leveling, they come pretty quickly once you can handle yourself in Torment. I played normal mode until I was equipped enough to handle torment 1, and then after that the levels just keep coming. It's not really worth it to worry specifically about leveling up, it's more of a side bonus.

I thought they were going to split 1Hs and 2Hs into their respective weapon type subcategories? Because in this current state no way I'm going to throw away thousands of shards just to see pig stickers and the barbers pop up.

I believe they said they have no plans to do this yet.

ElyrionX

i7-4770k @ 4.4
R9 290 @ 1100/6000

Play on 1440p @ 90hz, almost never see it come off Vsync.

Thanks. I read the official forums and realized that a lot of framerate issues go away if I turn off sound so I don't think it's entirely my GPU that needs upgrading bthe game is just buggy as shit.

Grinch

Banned
It's so god damn annoying farming white weapons. I tried to find Doubleshot for 4 hours today and nothing. Got several (shitty) legendaries during that, but god damn.

PM sent to bcl0328

bcl0328

It's so god damn annoying farming white weapons. I tried to find Doubleshot for 4 hours today and nothing. Got several (shitty) legendaries during that, but god damn.

you still need one? i won't be home for 5 more hours but im pretty sure i have one.

When I need weapons, I go to act 2 "road to alcarnus" (the area before Maghda) and pop all the weapon crates. Then I go the areas in act 1 before the Butcher and pop the "torture tools." It's similar to going to the Battlefields of Eternity and popping all the armor racks.

All in all, I think finding the white items to be the worst aspect of the crafting game design. 2 souls and the legendary mat for 1 craft is already a fair bit of work.

Getting a diabolic wand proved to be the hardest. I did the above at least 10 times. I then trying googling to see if the fuckers ever actually dropped. Then found out there's a vender in act 1 that can sell them if she appears. I bought 10 so I could try and make a starter weapon for my wizard. Turned out alright for a crafted weapon - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/jim2point0-1220/hero/42736491 (still not going to use that wizard until I get another Mirrorball - then I'll start farming for fire stuff).

I am really starting to dislike Crit. Chance. and Crit. Damage. They are OP and thus invalidate so many items.

I wouldn't say they are OP. Just seems to be how the game is designed in general. It's created some really boring itemization though. I sometimes wonder why you can even have certain stats on amulets and rings when nobody in their right mind would use them over crit.

I think any solution to the problem would require some significant game design changes no matter what. But I think they should be considering this as a main priority if they ever want more stat variety on gear. It would help the game become a lot more interesting.

I am really starting to dislike Crit. Chance. and Crit. Damage. They are OP and thus invalidate so many items. I would like to see CHC and CHD reduced to few slots and emphasized more in Paragon points and skills. I got that Deadmau dancing amulet last night but because it doesn't have CHC like my Countes Julio amulet, I am like, meh fuck it, probably won't use it ever because I can't be arsed to spend a metric fuck ton of gold and mats trying to re roll an amulet that might not end up being that great. So many drops could be fun if it wasn't for the dependency on CHC and CHD rolls.

Interesting feature added to DiabloProgress.

Single hit elemental dmg.

This stat tries to represent how hard you hit with each attack. This is especially important if you use a character designed around high resource cost attacks (like meteor, or cluster arrow). For these attacks, the DPS stat might not be as representative of how much dmg you can dish out as you'll be hitting faster, but not as hard, so you end up doing less dmg by the time your resources are depleted.

I've been trying to prioritize that over DPS, which is probably why my DH is ranked 509 for elemental DPS, but 174 for elemental dmg. Woo! I'm even using the wrong off-hand bow and the %dmg fix will help me even more.

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/jim2point0-1220/Kazyn/42736492

Dahbomb

Marginalizing CHD/CHC requires Loot 3.0 at the minimum or a big itemization rework. It's too ingrained into the system. And CHC/CHD is the only way you can do big damage on higher Torments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom