• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Something to do with the Act 5 pants.

An interaction with that hardcore amulet that resurrects you and gets consumed (Ancestor's Grace) seems like the best guess so far.

I'd be really surprised if it was something that worked on regular and just hadn't been found yet.

Raticus79

Ok, here it is. Apparently Rogar's Huge Stone bugs out if you get under 1% life.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comm...t_reached_rank_1_on_seasonal_hardcore/cqrlma2

Which leads to stuff like:
PA0WFOZ.jpg

KzIv8it.jpg

Theoretically Shi Mizu's Haori would work with that since the life per second isn't actually gained, but it wouldn't matter since it's such a huge number to begin with.

Edit: Hotfixed now.

Raticus79

That's amazing rofl.

The crazy part for me is how the game can do stuff like this and not crash the server. It just divides by 0 and keeps right on truckin'.

We need one of those rare item screenshots that says "Rip Season" for situations like this.

reddit said:
The boards will be broken, it's too late already. I know of a certain clan that is already spamming trials with this to stock up on 70+ Gr keys to use it later in the season when all of this dies down. They likely have dozens of keys already as we speak. Even if they don't use it for progress they can get their legendary gems up to 80+ and that already would be huge advantage which will affect both solo and group play.

J. Bravo

lol thats pretty funny.

i had a good session today. found tals belt which allowed me to equip F+R. Also got a 43% tasker and theo, so once I get tals chest I can equip that which will be another huge dmg boost. soloed a 37. I realize that's not good, but I am not very good at this game. If i was good, i could probably do a 40. at least. my dmg is OP. Also got the seasonal wiz bracers ranslor's folly which help A TON.

so yeah, good day.

Radec

That monk who did 55 in under 5mins is dumb.

He could have solo'd that exploit by doing under 50 fast farming and be #1 at the end of season without getting in anyone's radar on how he did it.

Raticus79

My old Razer Naga mouse died horribly - I'm guessing a cat chomped the cord just enough to short it out since the cord was heating up whenever it was plugged in... either that or it just wore through somehow. There was a bit of plastic that had bubbled out slightly near the end of the cord, so it was officially toast.

I'm trying out a Logitech G600 this time instead. The ergonomics are all right although the G15-G17 buttons on it are a bit tough to hit. Those could stand to be a mm or two higher. I might stick on a little pad on each one to fix that. Overall it's fine though. The middle mouse click sounds a bit like the centre bubble of a Trouble board right now, lol - hopefully that clears up with use. It's nice to see that some other companies got on board with the thumb-numpad mouse style in the last year or so and it's not just Razer any more. They're great for games like this.

Baliis

My old Razer Naga mouse died horribly - I'm guessing a cat chomped the cord just enough to short it out since the cord was heating up whenever it was plugged in... either that or it just wore through somehow. There was a bit of plastic that had bubbled out slightly near the end of the cord, so it was officially toast.

I'm trying out a Logitech G600 this time instead. The ergonomics are all right although the G15-G17 buttons on it are a bit tough to hit. Those could stand to be a mm or two higher. I might stick on a little pad on each one to fix that. Overall it's fine though. The middle mouse click sounds a bit like the centre bubble of a Trouble board right now, lol - hopefully that clears up with use. It's nice to see that some other companies got on board with the thumb-numpad mouse style in the last year or so and it's not just Razer any more. They're great for games like this.

Not a big fan of mouse buttons like that, but I love my G500, super solid mouse.

I have a g700s, but I hardly use the extra buttons on it nowadays unless I absolutely have to since I kind of abused one into becoming a little loose after having it bound to a particularly important skill in WoW. This is after outright breaking an original g700 in a similar manner with the side buttons popping off altogether.

Looking at a g502 for my next mouse though if the current one doesn't hold up.

For Diablo though, I just bind the abilities to QWER and the two main mouse buttons and play like that, even though I can technically have everything on the mouse.

Jedi2016

Got my second BK weapon! Haven't rerolled either one yet. On paper, my damage is down about 45% compared to the Ancient Skorn I was carrying, but it seems to balance out in terms of actual damage dealt. Fury gen is ridiculous.. I stay pegged at full fury no matter what I do, I can Whirlwind across the map, just using the enhanced speed from the set bonus to get around faster. Now I just need Focus.. got a decent Restraint tonight, too, but I don't want to give up my SoJ just yet.

Baliis

I have a g700s, but I hardly use the extra buttons on it nowadays unless I absolutely have to since I kind of abused one into becoming a little loose after having it bound to a particularly important skill in WoW. This is after outright breaking an original g700 in a similar manner with the side buttons popping off altogether.

Looking at a g502 for my next mouse though if the current one doesn't hold up.

For Diablo though, I just bind the abilities to QWER and the two main mouse buttons and play like that, even though I can technically have everything on the mouse.

My "1" key on my old laptop didn't work after a while from playing WoW, it was my Steady Shot key.

I just use 1234 for my diablo keys, with one of my mouse buttons bound to force move.

Got my second BK weapon! Haven't rerolled either one yet. On paper, my damage is down about 45% compared to the Ancient Skorn I was carrying, but it seems to balance out in terms of actual damage dealt. Fury gen is ridiculous.. I stay pegged at full fury no matter what I do, I can Whirlwind across the map, just using the enhanced speed from the set bonus to get around faster. Now I just need Focus.. got a decent Restraint tonight, too, but I don't want to give up my SoJ just yet.

I'm pretty much in your spot at paragon 360+ lol. I'm worried I will have the BK set because I have no ramaladi's gift so it'll be gimped.

I wish this game had more depth to it than collect a certain Blizzard approved set to become capable of doing ___. I'm also trying to gear my DH and right now, I have a bunch of nats and multishot set but not enough for the 6pc so it's pretty gimped but when I get that 6th set piece bonus, it'll go from shit to ownage... another reason I hate these sets they keep introducing every season.

eek5

I only use the top 6 buttons and the g16 one below it (the one in the center with a nub). I usually don't bind any game keys to it though lol

Dunfisch

When levelling gems through Rifts at least 12 levels higher than your gem, you might forget the joys of RNG. Such as I did. 100% chance? No problem, take it. 100% chance? Well gee, that looks like a guaranteed roll, dunnit? 90% chance? I DON'T FUCKING THINK SO.

Oh Urshi, you old kidder.

Sure I've asked this before but is there an EU clan I can join?

Sure is. I'll let you guess what it's called. Vodh and Akai are the sole remaining active moderators, though Vodh hasn't been online in 8 days. No idea if Akai can grant membership.

Dunfisch

It's the same with all Diablo games, really. I've failed 3 90% rolls at times, which is honestly fairly ridiculous, but what can you do.

I remember back in Diablo 2, you had your infamous chance to hit for non-spell attacks.
The maximum was 95%, and with that you'd have as many misses as it suggests. Something like 89% chance to hit? Enjoy missing every second swing. The issue was compounded by how each enemy had different ratings to that and it was dependant on dexterity, so Barbarians were forced to put at least some points into it. Game was utterly retarded in some regards like that one.

Stevey

Sure is. I'll let you guess what it's called. Vodh and Akai are the sole remaining active moderators, though Vodh hasn't been online in 8 days. No idea if Akai can grant membership.

Well I've searched everything I can think of related to gaf and it's coming up blank

Dahbomb

It's the same with all Diablo games, really. I've failed 3 90% rolls at times, which is honestly fairly ridiculous, but what can you do.

I remember back in Diablo 2, you had your infamous chance to hit for non-spell attacks.
The maximum was 95%, and with that you'd have as many misses as it suggests. Something like 89% chance to hit? Enjoy missing every second swing. The issue was compounded by how each enemy had different ratings to that and it was dependant on dexterity, so Barbarians were forced to put at least some points into it. Game was utterly retarded in some regards like that one.
Yea attacks being able to miss in D2 was something I definitely do not miss from D2 (among other things from that game).

Leckan

Anyone know if I should roll off vit or hatred regen on my Calamity?

Granted, my toughness is pretty low but I survive often thanks the awareness passive and the Act 1 Bounty shoulders and I'm not sure how much 600 or so vit is gonna change that. On the other hand hatred is important for strafing with the Nat set.

Addnan

Anyone know if I should roll off vit or hatred regen on my Calamity?

Granted, my toughness is pretty low but I survive often thanks the awareness passive and the Act 1 Bounty shoulders and I'm not sure how much 600 or so vit is gonna change that. On the other hand hatred is important for strafing with the Nat set.

Vit on weapon is a very dead stat. Toughness on a sofcore DH is also a dead stat, full glass canon only

Raticus79

Whew, just need to get the boots and pants and then I'll be ready to try the "God Monk" setup. I got lucky toward the end of the run with Eek and got a 10 second in-geom and a bunch of the set pieces.

Addnan

So I checked out that Kadala simulator. It took 16375 shards to get an Unhallowed Essence helm with Vit on it.

RIP me.

Vit is still better than other random affix like cluster arrow on it. Try getting Multishot, Elemental arrow or native 6 crit and see how many shards that takes :p

Think I need to take some time off from this game. Couple of things are driving me frikkin insane.

Seems every single time I just want to farm GR35's I get easy tile sets and high density Grifts. But if I want to try beat my GR46 record I can fucking terrible tilesets, low density and stupid ass monster types like the ones that have that exterior shell thing you gotta pop first. Fucking stupid.

The other thing pissing me off is getting the maps where its lots of little rooms but you cant actually see whats in the room until you walk in the door, so you walk in and just get killed instantly. How the fuck are you spose to deal with that.

Sigh. Rant.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
I just crafted all the legendary plans I own so I could get all the transmogs.

And now I barely have any mats left. Damn, didn't know crafting cost so much.

Syntek

Vit on weapon is a very dead stat. Toughness on a sofcore DH is also a dead stat, full glass canon only

Depending on what you envision as endgame, toughness isn't always a dead stat. For 50+ rift fishing to set records, yeah, go full glass cannon and play on full alert. But that is something you only need to do once. What about the rest of the time then? I would say flash farming 45s is probably the sweet spot right now. At that tier, With UE and esoteric, you can stack enough toughness to absorb Jailer, Thunderstorm, eat a few blind arrows to the face, and tank a couple hits of winged assassins. It's a lot more laid back, and you are not really losing much efficiency relative to full on glass cannon.

It's much harder to do this with M6 and Nat's because you desperately need those affixes for cooldown and RCR, and yeah I'd agree that toughness is a lost cause there.

Finally got an UE set helm with vitality. What's better though - crit or multishot damage?

Still can't use it yet because I need the other half of Focus/Restraint to make it worthwhile over the stats hit I take from downgrading from an ancient helm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom