• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit of a random post but for those who enjoy tattoos I thought you might enjoy this. For those that don't and think it's stupid, each to their own!

Meet my new BFF. Excuse the mess, that Bepanthen tube went everywhere trying to open the damn thing.

aPxuamM.jpg

NeoCross

Nope, not WW barbs. Focus + Restraint is where it's at.

Can't be done past GR43+, the best rings at that level would be unity and CoE or some other combination that hasn't been discovered yet. You get blown up so fast that even with all the life on hit you have with blood funnel and LoH you won't survive. Sure you can run things like IP and Striving Giant but those only last for a couple of seconds at most.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Can't be done past GR43+, the best rings at that level would be unity and CoE or some other combination that hasn't been discovered yet. You get blown up so fast that even with all the life on hit you have with blood funnel and LoH you won't survive. Sure you can run things like IP and Striving Giant but those only last for a couple of seconds at most.

So high end barbs shouldn't be using Focus and Restraint? I'm guessing the Unity is primarily for the +15%dmg to Elites? Maybe I should play around with trading my rings out.....

I ran some GR's with my barb last night and GR30 is the best I can manage. Failed to beat the timer twice on GR31 and it was a death heavy slow crawl at that. I need more survivability even with an 11mil toughness, that much is obvious. I think I'm seeing why that 40% dmg reduction of 4pc-Wastes is so valuable, guess I need to farm one more Waste set piece.

I did get my last missing sword of Bul Kathos though. Equipping them both was a damage loss for me from my ancient Bone Wrath, but with the BK swords I can whirl quickly and endlessly, and wow at the twisters everywhere, so even though the stat sheet says I took a 200K damage loss I'm not sure it actually is.

It's ok you can spam kadala for random 1 handers at the low cost of 75 blood shards
lol
They really need to change weapon gambling. Either 75 for a random weapon of a certain category (1h sword for instance) or 25 for total random like it is currently

75 for total random is insane and absolutely not worth it
unless you exploit blood gobs

IvorB

So I got to level 70 a few days ago. I was neglecting this game for ages and I have no idea why as it's such a blast to play. I've been doing T1 bounties and got a bunch of rift key fragments to use. I found a lightning damage sword that has a chance to turn enemies into mini lightning turrets if they receive lightning damage. So I specced my mage with full lightning (electrocute, lightning meteor, lightning blizzard, lighting arcane orb) with heavy use of arcane dynamo and slow time. It's been going down really well and massacres have been rolling in. To top it all off I have one item that says for every massacre bonus gold will rain from the sky. :)

Ploid 3.0

Is it just me or does Diablo III nowadays like to crash half the time if there is too much action on the screen at once?

It crashed for me quite a bit when not much was happening. Restarting the computer seemed to help stop it for a bit if it got crash happy. The error message would be about Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package or something (maybe not 2005).

Baliis

Is it just me or does Diablo III nowadays like to crash half the time if there is too much action on the screen at once?

I don't usually crash, but I DC all the damn time now, it's infuriating to lose grifts over and over. I don't even disconnect from battle.net or the chat servers or anything, and no other internet problems, it will just randomly boot me out of the game.

Twookie

hey there

i'm a total noob to this game as i've only now started to play this game forreal (actually preordered reaper of souls but didn't actually play it before now)

what's the best wizard build atm?
i'm 5/6 on Delsere's Magnum Opus set because that's the only set items I've gotten pretty much so that's what I'm running atm even though I've no idea if it's good or not. I also got The Furnace yesterday with pretty good rolls which I was told was the best weapon in the game or something along those lines(my friends raged at me in skype when I got it so I assume it's good?).

NeoCross

So high end barbs shouldn't be using Focus and Restraint? I'm guessing the Unity is primarily for the +15%dmg to Elites? Maybe I should play around with trading my rings out.....

I ran some GR's with my barb last night and GR30 is the best I can manage. Failed to beat the timer twice on GR31 and it was a death heavy slow crawl at that. I need more survivability even with an 11mil toughness, that much is obvious. I think I'm seeing why that 40% dmg reduction of 4pc-Wastes is so valuable, guess I need to farm one more Waste set piece.

I did get my last missing sword of Bul Kathos though. Equipping them both was a damage loss for me from my ancient Bone Wrath, but with the BK swords I can whirl quickly and endlessly, and wow at the twisters everywhere, so even though the stat sheet says I took a 200K damage loss I'm not sure it actually is.

Maybe "can't be done" is a little too extreme and presumptuous since it's only been 2 weeks since S3 started. Let's just say it's extremely hard to pull off, because you're so squishy even with the 40% damage reduction while WW'ing. What I'm mostly seeing on the barb leader boards is people running Convention of Elements always, and either RRoG if they're WW6/IK4 or Unity with WW6/BK2.

hey there

i'm a total noob to this game as i've only now started to play this game forreal (actually preordered reaper of souls but didn't actually play it before now)

what's the best wizard build atm?
i'm 5/6 on Delsere's Magnum Opus set because that's the only set items I've gotten pretty much so that's what I'm running atm even though I've no idea if it's good or not. I also got The Furnace yesterday with pretty good rolls which I was told was the best weapon in the game or something along those lines(my friends raged at me in skype when I got it so I assume it's good?).

Furnace isn't the best at all, it never was, except on some classes (barb when raekor was the top build for instance)
For wizards you can go :
Full firebird + cindercoat + Tasker & Theo + serpent sparker to farm T6, it's pretty efficient and fast (drop your spells then keep running). Using ring of royal grandeur (RoRG). Weapon can also be devastator (craft) if you don't have serpent sparker
Full tal rasha + focus & restraint + serpent sparker for very high Grifts
Full tal rasha + 4/6 delser using RoRG, still with serpent sparker, for high Grifts (should reach 50 with good items)

Vyr's set is garbage

Twookie

Furnace isn't the best at all, it never was, except on some classes (barb when raekor was the top build for instance)
For wizards you can go :
Full firebird + cindercoat + Tasker & Theo + serpent sparker to farm T6, it's pretty efficient and fast (drop your spells then keep running). Using ring of royal grandeur (RoRG). Weapon can also be devastator (craft) if you don't have serpent sparker
Full tal rasha + focus & restraint + serpent sparker for very high Grifts
Full tal rasha + 4/6 delser using RoRG, still with serpent sparker, for high Grifts (should reach 50 with good items)

Vyr's set is garbage

aight, tyvm man

Radec

Quin is rerolling a belt's secondary stat (4.9 % chance to freeze) right now.

Must have been 600+ rerolls now.

He went from 8 billion gold down to 58 mil.

KuGsj.gif

dude's crazy.

eek5

I love F+R build. It's fast but it's more of a group build after 40's and even 40's are tough. You do a lot of DPS but you're glass cannon with no stuns/locks or anything like that so survivability is a bitch solo when someone isn't grouping everything together and locking it down.

If you're on GR30's only though keep truckin dude. I do 2-4 min 30-35 clears w/ my WotW/F+R which is pretty fast IMO and that's solo.. eventually you'll have the gear to push high 40's with IK/WW set or soemthing.

BTW dual BK is better even w/ the fury loss since you can pick up other offensive passives instead of fury regen passives or drop fury regenerating runes for more offensive ones. You end up with a net positive in the end plus it's a lot more fun and you move a lot faster than without them.

High GR barb right now is either raekor fishing or some weird balance between stacking as many 50% dmg reductions you can and getting your DPS to a level where you can still clear it in 15min. I think WotW + F/r probably caps out at around GR50 if you got an absolutely perfect one or something

Addnan

KuGsj.gif

dude's crazy.

He's at a I've already committed, can't stop now. Well way beyond that and then some.

Deadly

KuGsj.gif

dude's crazy.
I've been trying to get 15% meteor on my helm and I'm down to like 8mil per roll now :(

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
I love F+R build. It's fast but it's more of a group build after 40's and even 40's are tough. You do a lot of DPS but you're glass cannon with no stuns/locks or anything like that so survivability is a bitch solo when someone isn't grouping everything together and locking it down.

If you're on GR30's only though keep truckin dude. I do 2-4 min 30-35 clears w/ my WotW/F+R which is pretty fast IMO and that's solo.. eventually you'll have the gear to push high 40's with IK/WW set or soemthing.

BTW dual BK is better even w/ the fury loss since you can pick up other offensive passives instead of fury regen passives or drop fury regenerating runes for more offensive ones. You end up with a net positive in the end plus it's a lot more fun and you move a lot faster than without them.

High GR barb right now is either raekor fishing or some weird balance between stacking as many 50% dmg reductions you can and getting your DPS to a level where you can still clear it in 15min. I think WotW + F/r probably caps out at around GR50 if you got an absolutely perfect one or something

Here's Alkaizer's video about it that I mentioned:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/332q6x/alkaizer_group_whirlwind_setup/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PG5hPiHsIZo
Barb as the DPS for group GR.
He recommended Bash+Punish instead of furious charge for pushing higher GR.
FC does make more sense for the speed 35's though, like you said.

NeoCross

Someone fill me in. Why do WW barbs want F+R? Don't they just hold spin to win? So they can't actually get the bonus from F+R?

You get an ass ton more damage with F+R. You can run a generator, usually bash or frenzy to proc the rings. With Convention of Elements you get more damage out of your tornadoes but only on the 4 second window when the element is up. F+R gives you that damage consistently.

eek5

Here's Alkaizer's video about it that I mentioned:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/332q6x/alkaizer_group_whirlwind_setup/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PG5hPiHsIZo
Barb as the DPS for group GR.
He recommended Bash+Punish instead of furious charge for pushing higher GR.
FC does make more sense for the speed 35's though, like you said.

I've been using bash+punish. It's a lot easier although for lower GR it's kind of a pain because your tornadoes will kill trash before you can bash them so you sometimes stop WW for nothing, do an empty bash and get no proc which is annoying

Someone fill me in. Why do WW barbs want F+R? Don't they just hold spin to win? So they can't actually get the bonus from F+R?

You get half the bonus just for spinning to win which is enough to one shot trash in T6. For elites you bash then spin to win which also one shots elites in T6. Super fast runs.

Another thing is you can use the war cry belt since not having IK opens up your belt slot. 40% extra MS for 10 seconds is great for speed runs. That + sprint for groups means you're moving through the rift very fast and you casters can keep up.

Do non-attack generators such as WarCry and Groundstomp proc the 50% on F&R?

Or does it have to be Frenzy, Bash, Cleave?

No the generator has to hit something/do damage.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel

Ultratech

Welp, apparently completed the IK set. Still trying to get a Wastes Helm or Chest though.
Also managed to nab a BK weapon, which was nice.

Also got that Taskers rerolled and got a better chest with CoTA on it, so they're extra murderous now.

Jedi2016

Man, full Wastes set is ridiculous. Feels like my damage literally increased tenfold once I got the Dust Devils buff. Still carrying two IK to keep my Ancients up for Fury. I've yet to see any BK weapons, those are definitely top of the want-list right now.

Man, full Wastes set is ridiculous. Feels like my damage literally increased tenfold once I got the Dust Devils buff. Still carrying two IK to keep my Ancients up for Fury. I've yet to see any BK weapons, those are definitely top of the want-list right now.

I had the same experience when I equipped my DH with her final Unhallowed Essence setpiece, my Multishot damage went from 10 mil to 150 mil.

Dahbomb

That's pretty much like every 6 pc bonus nowadays.

It's like going from Super Saiyan 1 to Super Saiyan 3. The power level increase is obscene.

I had the same experience when I equipped my DH with her final Unhallowed Essence setpiece, my Multishot damage went from 10 mil to 150 mil.

Just wait until you get Focus+Restraint :) They make all other rings worthless.

Went from 300-400 mil to 750mil-1bil for Multishot. It's not even fair anymore.

Ploid 3.0

Same here for my Wizard with it's Tal-Rasha set. I recently finished Waste set on barb and it's powerful, but I feel like I'm struggling to stay near full fury. I have Focus + Restraint for my wizard and barb with a third set almost done, I even tossed some. Yet I can't find a Serpent's Spark, or the set dual wield weapons for barb. I gotta stop throwing away blood shards trying to get weapons.

Addnan

Blood shards on weapon is risky business, unless the weapon is the only thing or it will make such a great difference then you go for it. See pretty much every Demon Hunter gambling two handers this season. Krider makes that big of a difference, especially in group play.

Ultratech

Welp, I finally got 6pc Wastes + 4pc IK...it's utterly ridiculous.
I thought my Raekors was nice, this set just blows everything else out of the water.
Now if I can get the other BK weapon, I'll be in business.
(I've got Focus + Restraint, albeit with crappy rolls, but I'd need the Wastes helm to pull that mess off.)

Welp, I finally got 6pc Wastes + 4pc IK...it's utterly ridiculous.
I thought my Raekors was nice, this set just blows everything else out of the water.
Now if I can get the other BK weapon, I'll be in business.
(I've got Focus + Restraint, albeit with crappy rolls, but I'd need the Wastes helm to pull that mess off.)

I really want the other BK weapon as well... I feel like it's going to be awhile before I get one and if I do get one, it will be non ancient compared to my ancient one. ;x But atleast it will help speed up T6 farming due to the movement speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom