• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDaravon

High GRifts in general are horse shit, they're not exciting or anything, they're just - Oh did I get a good rift cool then I'll get a 14 minute clear otherwise it's a waste of time and you just die a lot.

This is kind of my problem with GRifts in general, and I why I don't find them particularly interesting or fun to play. Still hoping they either change things up significantly and/or add more Torment difficulties. Right now every season I get fully geared within like two weeks, get all of the gems I need to rank 25, and then I'm kinda bored since pushing GR's has no appeal to me.

Lain

Today I finally managed to find a Focus and to complete the Tal set. Stats on the Focus/Restraint are bad (same on the Tal neck and the T&T) but with this stuff I managed to get to GR38 now.
Tal play-style isn't bad but it's not even all that fun. Delsere is a bit more fun, especially using an Orpheus wand with 60%, though even that puts too much stock into building up stacks of buffs to make attacks do some real damage.

My next goal is to find a better versions of most of the gears I got and especially to find a gift to use on the ancient SS I found days ago, which is gonna be tough since I only ever found 1 until now and that got wasted on a furnace that I ended up not using.

Radec

The sad thing about GR is you're still gambling on it.

-mobs
-pylons
-rift guardian

Wrong combination and you're done with that rift.

pylons should be disabled/debuffed when the rift guardian spawns honestly.

does tourment difficulty impact Cache loot ? I need a need Str Royal Ring and I'm struggling with my Str char.
100% legendary in T6, 50% I think in T1.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
As much as I love the power of ancient items, it's getting really annoying watching 4 kridershots drop and all of them being BIS for salvage build because none of them are better than my 3100 dps cluckeye with 11 discipline.

Edit: Hahaha I just realized how most of the discussion for this game is complaints and the rest of it is build ideas and helping new players out.

Grampasso

To those using the new NAT's strafe build with F+R, what's the deal? I found myself dying like 4 times in 5 mins in T6. Granted, survivability takes a deep compared to M6 (2/3 toughness and double the damage due to unity loss = 3x dmg) but I don't understand how you're supposed to use it efficiently.
Any tips? I'm using strafe with rockets rune, knockback bracers, RoV+stampede, BoTT, BotP and Zei as gems.

J. Bravo

I also die a lot as a tals wiz past like gr 38. I dont think i was using the best skill setup tho.

anyways I had 5 t6 bounty bags available today and NO ONE was on from the clan!! had to give to randoms from wiz community lmao.

Baliis

As much as I love the power of ancient items, it's getting really annoying watching 4 kridershots drop and all of them being BIS for salvage build because none of them are better than my 3100 dps cluckeye with 11 discipline.

Edit: Hahaha I just realized how most of the discussion for this game is complaints and the rest of it is build ideas and helping new players out.

I'm more Im more impressed you saw 4 kridershots drop. You should go buy some lotto tickets, fuck.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
uhh, all Kridershots roll dexterity and socket.

Durr I meant %damage, I'm just used to talking about sockets not rolling on weapons.

And yeah you're right they all have to roll dex, I probably just trashed it without thinking since at a quick glance - non ancient + 2100 dps + no discipline = insta salvage

Addnan

I am playing non-season and wondering what is best gear for crusader? Even how to obtain it lol.

The one that keeps blinding and grouping the enemies for me to kill. We need more support saders!

Rolands is supposed to be the new hot shit for solo play. Just keep farming

Sarcasm

The one that keeps blinding and grouping the enemies for me to kill. We need more support saders!

Farming what? Bounties or rifts? Or is is gambling with bloodshards?

idlewild_

Lacunis/Winged Assassins having immunity during their jumps is the most frustrating thing ever. Land next to you, kill you and die instantly. So stupid.

Lacunis/Winged Assassins having immunity during their jumps is the most frustrating thing ever. Land next to you, kill you and die instantly. So stupid.

That is one big thing I am surprised they havn't fixed. It feels clumsy as fuck. Add those act 5 big guys that jump and stun.

Sober

To those using the new NAT's strafe build with F+R, what's the deal? I found myself dying like 4 times in 5 mins in T6. Granted, survivability takes a deep compared to M6 (2/3 toughness and double the damage due to unity loss = 3x dmg) but I don't understand how you're supposed to use it efficiently.
Any tips? I'm using strafe with rockets rune, knockback bracers, RoV+stampede, BoTT, BotP and Zei as gems.
Yeah I actually don't understand how to Nat's strafe in all honesty. Tried it out a few times and it's like catch for me. Don't think it'll ever happen. Especially when M6 is a lot simpler and even UE is stupidly good. And I'm not even trying to do the speedrun Nats build either so I'm not trying to run through stuff but T6 just whoops my ass.

On the other end I'm having waaaay much more for with a DelRasha build on my wizard. Unlike DH's, I don't run into the problem with the wizard where things in GR40 or so literally one-shotting me.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I don't really get the Nats build either, a friend said it's very much bobbing and weaving in and out of packs since you're not particularly face tank worthy. You're supposed to just hold down strafe and tap evasive fire every 6 seconds while dumping rain of vengeance on everything, but that's all I really know about it. I've heard a lot of people use Smoke Screen and just SS everything all the time.

It's funny because I actually find UH to be an awful solo 50+ grift build but an incredible group build. M6 and nats I think are superior for solo rifting

J. Bravo

Yeah I actually don't understand how to Nat's strafe in all honesty. Tried it out a few times and it's like catch for me. Don't think it'll ever happen. Especially when M6 is a lot simpler and even UE is stupidly good. And I'm not even trying to do the speedrun Nats build either so I'm not trying to run through stuff but T6 just whoops my ass.

On the other end I'm having waaaay much more for with a DelRasha build on my wizard. Unlike DH's, I don't run into the problem with the wizard where things in GR40 or so literally one-shotting me.

got a link?

Reddaye

Banned
Just hopped back into this for the first time in about four months. Started up a seasonal Crusader and am currently working my way up to 70. Leveling in this game is so tedious even when you abuse quick bounties and Agony lvl 3. Should be max by tomorrow hopefully.

My previous clan seems to have folded, so I bailed and sent a request for the Gaf clan, hopefully that's cool.

I don't bite.....much.

Lain

I must have missed when the Orpheus wand got changed. I have a kinda sucky one with 60% off and was hoping to find a better one, which dropped today but the leg effect is only 30% on a 30-40% range. I guess the old leg effect was too good with the new set but it's still disappointing.
At least I found my second gift ever, so now I can decide if I should use it on Ancient SS I have set aside or wait.

Sober

sadly yes, can't find a group in the key warden community earlier :|
I usually see like ~70 people on T6 in Americas. It's fairly unreliable otherwise because T6 has 50% drop rates on keys and 100% drop rates on HFA/R mats. Are you on other server?

kuYuri

I've joined games as a support sader with people wanting to kick me because they don't understand I'm there as support. They just see my dps and think I'm a noob, lol. It's so frustrating.

I've joined games as a support sader with people wanting to kick me because they don't understand I'm there as support. They just see my dps and think I'm a noob, lol. It's so frustrating.

If you are talking about t6 then a support is not needed. Though if you just keep up with the group and make it look like you are doing something 9 times out of 10 no one will notice.

Gr40+ especially for speed clears, people are always looking for support.

If you are in the NA clan there are plenty of us willing to carry t6/gr35/gr40 depending on the situation.

eek5

come play with us

i've been running 40's lately and would love some supports :)

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
come play with us

I'll be on later on my WD. I have some serious catching up to do!

---

For pushing higher GR, ideally the clan would have at least 1/4 WDs, 1/4 crusaders, probably 1/4 DH (getting that Calamity in there) and then the remainder as whatever DPS people feel like playing. I think the entire seasonal top 1000 was WD+Crusader+DH+DH when I checked, lol, but it's more flexible than that I think. For speed mid-tier rifts it barely matters any more.

I think the crusaders have a much easier time starting out as support since they can get away with crafted gear for good uptime on the laws and only need 66% for full uptime. Transitioning to Roland's lets them do their own damage on top of utility. Three crusaders can stack 3 very strong laws too, while WD stacking is relatively limited.

For WD, it's kind of all or nothing. Zero to GR hero once you get the tiki mask, a bit rough before that. They have DPS support, but it's not applied as quickly as the crusader laws following you around.

Radec

how do pylons work now in GR?

Sometimes I'm almost 90% rift completion and only found 2 pylons on 1-2 full clear floor.

RG spawns without seeing the other 2.

kuYuri

If you are talking about t6 then a support is not needed. Though if you just keep up with the group and make it look like you are doing something 9 times out of 10 no one will notice.

Gr40+ especially for speed clears, people are always looking for support.

If you are in the NA clan there are plenty of us willing to carry t6/gr35/gr40 depending on the situation.

Not just in T6, but even in GRs I've had people get hostile towards me, lol. For T6, I was forced to make a boring stampede or Roland build just so people stopped complaining.

come play with us

Thanks! This was a thing last season when I was playing sader, not so much now. I'm still rocking my WW barb this season 3.

Baliis

Not just in T6, but even in GRs I've had people get hostile towards me, lol. For T6, I was forced to make a boring stampede or Roland build just so people stopped complaining.

Thanks! This was a thing last season when I was playing sader, not so much now. I'm still rocking my WW barb this season 3.

which is funny, because you're probably contributing less as a dps crusader anyways. I really should play my WD more, but I don't really have a group to play with consistantly

Grampasso

I managed to get it to work. It's mandatory to keybind correctly and use the numpad/locknum trick (it's not a glitch, it's an intended mechanic).
I followed the tactical hints given in this build

I managed to get it to work. It's mandatory to keybind correctly and use the numpad/locknum trick (it's not a glitch, it's an intended mechanic).

Isn't mandatory at all. I have done GR52 and dont use the numlock trick, can be done either way. Personal preference.

It all just takes practice. That guide you linked is a good one to read though. Stutter stepping marines in Starcraft for 2 years or so probably made it all a bit easier.

Grampasso

Isn't mandatory at all. I have done GR52 and dont use the numlock trick, can be done either way. Personal preference.

It all just takes practice. That guide you linked is a good one to read though. Stutter stepping marines in Starcraft for 2 years or so probably made it all a bit easier.

Yeah, I suppose at some point the keybinds may even be a hindrance once you get really accustomed with the playstyle, but at the beginning not having to worry about some things mey help the learning process

I'm calling bullshit on that. It's just a glitch they decided to let in the game, that's nowhere near what I'd call an intended mechanic

Wallach

WD is in such a fucked up spot still. I cleared 46 tonight after an earlier failed 46 by 2 seconds due to a really shitty first floor setup, and I wound up like rank ~890. It was still a terrible 46 run, too. Like probably every other WD I'm still waiting on an ancient Dagger of Darts at which point I will probably immediately shoot up around the top ~100.

If the rates on that Kadala simulator are anywhere near accurate it should only take around ~450,000 blood shards to gamble one on average. Any second now.

Grampasso

Ok, for what I know it's been there from the beginning and nearly any class could benefit from it one way or another. Maybe it wasn't intended to work that way but it's nothing they did take action for (and I suspect it would be difficult to discover)

Syntek

I know people used it for repeated spamming of short cooldown skills like sweeping wind...but since Strafe is a channeling skill, you can just hold the key down and it will resume channeling between EF/RoV casts anyway. It's actually better to do that because there are times when you want to interrupt Strafe, and Numlocking it down makes you forget that. I guess you could do it for casting Prep...but that is on a long cooldown anyway, and I'd rather save that skill for when I need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom