• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently stuck at GR46 solo on my DH and 41 Solo on Barb.

DH I really need a better weapon, a witching hour(7k shards and counting) and a poison amulet would really help.

Barb I just don't fully understand the IK/WotW combo playstyle. I can get to the RG with ~8 minutes to spare but if he has any kind of affix such as the whirlwinds, poison etc it just wrecks me. Think I need to change my ancients rune to together as one but they are currently my main source of fury, so not sure how to fix that without gimping whirlwind and going the fury rune on that.

Celegus

DH I really need a better weapon, a witching hour(7k shards and counting) and a poison amulet would really help.

Barb I just don't fully understand the IK/WotW combo playstyle. I can get to the RG with ~8 minutes to spare but if he has any kind of affix such as the whirlwinds, poison etc it just wrecks me. Think I need to change my ancients rune to together as one but they are currently my main source of fury, so not sure how to fix that without gimping whirlwind and going the fury rune on that.

Have you tried Reaper's Wraps + Battle Rage Swords to Ploughshares?

Addnan

Immunity amulets are very situational. What you need is more POWER!

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
So last night I finally got the last piece of the Wastes set I needed and now I have the 6pc bonus. Holy Shit, talk about a damage increase! I've dropped IK entirely and now have 6pc Wastes, Focus/Restraint, and BK for weapons, plus legendary belt, ammy, and bracers.

So, I have lots of damage, but my survivability isn't fantastic. At GR34 I'm dying enough to prevent me from getting any higher, and when I do die it's usually fast and due to getting frozen or trapped. Here is my barbarian today:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Mengy-1287/hero/60335647

Anyone have any advice as to what I need to work on next to get further? For now I'm just running sub-GR32 rifts to level up my legendary gems.

Firemind

This game just does not want to give me stuff I actually want. Must have thrown away 10k shards, no gifts, no unities. Still using a well-rolled skorn but it's a skorn. Two badly rolled focus, no restraints. Same old. Same old. Trading would have made this a lot easier. Instead I have to gamble and keep my fingers crossed.

So last night I finally got the last piece of the Wastes set I needed and now I have the 6pc bonus. Holy Shit, talk about a damage increase! I've dropped IK entirely and now have 6pc Wastes, Focus/Restraint, and BK for weapons, plus legendary belt, ammy, and bracers.

So, I have lots of damage, but my survivability isn't fantastic. At GR34 I'm dying enough to prevent me from getting any higher, and when I do die it's usually fast and due to getting frozen or trapped. Here is my barbarian today:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Mengy-1287/hero/60335647

Anyone have any advice as to what I need to work on next to get further? For now I'm just running sub-GR32 rifts to level up my legendary gems.
It's probably not your GR setup, but you should drop Sprint and use WotB. Swords to Ploughshares is only usable with Reaper's Wraps (get Reaper's Wraps with physical damage) and I'm pretty sure you can drop Weapons Master for a defensive passive (Nerves of Steel is p good) and Unforgiving for Rampage. Use Pain Enhancer, Taeguk, Bane of the Trapped or Esoteric Alteration if you have trouble keeping alive.

Radec

Finally completed Wastes!

Barb life too easy.

Press WW to win.

Also got an ancient BK:WB, just need BK:SV.

btw, equip your follower with Eun-Jang-Do, RG will be permastunned when under 20%.
KuGsj.gif

Have you tried Reaper's Wraps + Battle Rage Swords to Ploughshares?

No I haven't. I will check it out, thanks.

EDIT: Just tried a 34 and 38. Definitely much easier to survive however the globe rune isn't proccing enough to keep up WW. Swapped out the cheat death rune for the fury regen one and still couldn't maintain it.

EDIT 2: Back to the original build, ancients suppying fury, blood funnel as ww rune but I swapped out the 3 strength gems in chest for diamonds and was able to do a 42 with 5minutes remaining. I think because my weapon is so bad I am probably maxed out at 42/43 anyway. Maybe I will just farm high 30's untiL I get an ancient weapon and hopefully a few other ancient pieces for a bit of a strength boost.

Radec

Yeah boy. Got the 2nd bk sword.

Infinite wrath is so good.

Is Zei's gem viable for WW? Or should i just go for taeguk as 3rd gem?

Yeah boy. Got the 2nd bk sword.

Infinite wrath is so good.

Is Zei's gem viable for WW? Or should i just go for taeguk as 3rd gem?

Not sure about Zei's but I went Taeguk, Trapped(at rank 25) and Wreath of Lightning for speed T6. Lightning was still good damage at T6 and the speed boost helped keep my runs under 3minutes pretty consistently.

Not sure about Zei's but I went Taeguk, Trapped(at rank 25) and Wreath of Lightning for speed T6. Lightning was still good damage at T6 and the speed boost helped keep my runs under 3minutes pretty consistently.

Try avarice band + boon of the hoarder, more reliable than lightning
What about weapon mastery when playing 6p wastes 4p IK ? Is the regen enough to put the shared damage rune on ancients instead of the fury generation one ?

JSoup

Banned
So, having never done much with rifts before and knowing pretty much nothing about legendary gems, are there any recommended reading pages to crash course myself on how all this works?

Edit: Ok, I found some reading. Seems simple enough.

Akai XIII

Swapped to the Tal melee build and managed to finish a 41.

Think its the first time I've managed over 39, with any class. Wiz has gone from my least played class to one of my most powerful. Weird.

Working on my seasonal WD now. Just need Carnevil.

robochimp

Finally had the boulder breaker drop and running 6pc Wastes and 4pc IK plus convention of elements. GR 40 was pretty easy GR 42 took me 20 minutes.

It's hard to recover from dying, needing to get WOTB and Call of the Ancients going again.

Still waiting for a unity or two to drop.

This is for my barb who I've been playing since D3's launch. He has a ridiculous 400 hours played on him.

Radec

Finally had the boulder breaker drop and running 6pc Wastes and 4pc IK plus convention of elements. GR 40 was pretty easy GR 42 took me 20 minutes.

It's hard to recover from dying, needing to get WOTB and Call of the Ancients going again.

Still waiting for a unity or two to drop.

This is for my barb who I've been playing since D3's launch. He has a ridiculous 400 hours played on him.

Dying on a 6 Wastes and 4 Ik is awful. Once that CoA is in cd, wrath is not going up.

Some QoL changes I have been thinking about and can only hope one day are implemented in D3. Being pretty much the only game I play these days it would sure make the experience alot smoother.

1. No Trials - At least we know this is being worked on, highly doubt it will be implemented until next season so RIP another 3 months.

2. All crafting materials/gems go directly into the stash, better yet their own little stash that doesn't take up any of our main stash tabs.

3. More stash space - Enough said.

4. Ability to save presets/loadouts - Set up your T6 farm gear/skills/passive/paragon and save it with the ability to name it anything you want. Save another for Grifts and then switch with the click of a button.

5. Either just straight up fix the issue regarding the amount of yellow/blue/white mats you get or have a way to salvage a yellow mat into X blues/whites.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
I wouldn't mind just heading straight into a Lv1 grift and then giving you a key based on your speed like Urshi does now.

That's probably what it's going to end up being, except you can jump more levels.

If they wanted to go crazy with the leader boards they should let you unlock the levels and do any level you wish, and each level has its own leader boards.

Or just have Orek sell Grift keys for "trial keys" (renamed ?). You can buy keys up to the highest level you've completed (minus 1 maybe ?)
We should have a common stash and one stash per character imo, stash management is horrible when you have 6 maxed classes (personally maining 3 of them)

Wickwire

this has been my first real play through in a season, is there some kind of exp buff or something? how do people have such high pLvLs? Like I'm almost 200 and I think that's high

Kioshen

this has been my first real play through in a season, is there some kind of exp buff or something? how do people have such high pLvLs? Like I'm almost 200 and I think that's high

A couple of people in my guild are over 650 plvl already. They just play a lot and due to power creep they flash farm gr40s instead of gr35s this season so the xp gain scales accordingly.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I think I'm going back to diablo 2.

Why?

I played some D2 a few months back, surprisingly I couldn't stand it, D3 has gotten so good now that I can't go back. I've since uninstalled D2 for the first time in over a decade, it's no longer on my PC. And I'm completely fine with that.

Insaniac

Hey is anyone interested in running some grifts 40-45ish? I have a Nats Demon Hunter, but I hate playing alone. Looking to level up some leg gems

spikybry#1289

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
You have perfect gear everywhere else?

Of course not. But I have full tal except the amulet, and I'm missing a serpent sparker. SS is for DPS, ammy is so I can replace my Tal gloves with a Tasker & Theo (well, once I get one, that is). That's the first step.

Then when I have all the pieces I need I can work on upgrading each slot.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
They kinda fucked up not giving Delsere's an additional.piece. Can't use the Slow Time hat with F+R.

Yeah, I have the full set sitting in my stash but the 6-piece + the fact that it's not as powerful as Tal pretty much guarantees I'm not gonna give it more than a passing glance. I hear it's still pretty good, but what's the point when Tal is already so much fun AND better?

What I'd like is some synergy between Vyr's and other sets. I'd like to go back to Archon, it's been a while. Or lightning/cold/arcane sets (much like Firebird is a fire set). I miss single-element builds.

Dahbomb

Delsere Frozen Orb build is pretty strong but the set lacks flexibility.

It's also a pretty fun, active style of play.

Vyr's will make a comeback though. They are definitely buffing old sets and Vyr will get its due.

Dahbomb

Vyr's Set: (6) Archon gains the effect of all runes and has no cooldown.

BOOM
The 4 piece already does that (give it all rune effects) and it's pretty easy to get perma Archon in this day and age thanks to stuff like Ring of Zodiac.

The problem with Vyr set is that it doesn't do the damage for it to be worth it. Even if you put a full damage gear and also had perma Archon... the damage isn't competitive with Delsere and Tal Rasha's.

So basically what will happen is that Blizzard will move the 4 pc bonus to be a 2 pc bonus, add some weird synergy and then be like "While in Archon you do 400% more damage".

IceMarker

The 4 piece already does that (give it all rune effects) and it's pretty easy to get perma Archon in this day and age thanks to stuff like Ring of Zodiac.

The problem with Vyr set is that it doesn't do the damage for it to be worth it. Even if you put a full damage gear and also had perma Archon... the damage isn't competitive with Delsere and Tal Rasha's.

So basically what will happen is that Blizzard will move the 4 pc bonus to be a 2 pc bonus, add some weird synergy and then be like "While in Archon you do 400% more damage".

Okay then what about (6) While Archon is active gain the effects of all Pylons.

lol

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Okay then what about (6) While Archon is active gain the effects of all Pylons.

lol

(6) Transform into Super Sa- I mean Super Archon 2: lightning strikes all surrounding enemies within 30 yards.

(6) While in Archon, all hits become critical hits.

(6) Replace Archon beam with triple archon beam. Can be cast while moving.

or, to switch things up:

(6) While in Archon, all legendaries dropped become ancient legendaries.

lol

The problem is when pretty much all you're missing is a weapon and an amulet. The 2 most expensive slots to gamble for :(.
Problem with weapon gambling is that non ancient weapons are absolute fucking trash. So the cost to gamble for weapons is actually 750 shards per gamble, not 75.
Better to upgrade the rest of your items and farm like a madman for your weapon. The shard cost just isn't worth it.
Some Monk did a Hardcore 55 in 4 mins and then quickly changed that to a 56 12min. I wonder what this new exploit is.

yay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom