• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZenaxPure

Going to jump into Season 4 when it starts on Friday. Trying to decide which class to go with though. Have any been substantially updated as a result of this patch or other recent ones?

Define substantially updated. Cause blizzard doesn't change skills much anymore (I mean they change them but it's all very minor tweaks) instead most class changes come in the form of redesigned/new items. In that case every class has had some pretty major changes in this patch as everyone has at least 1 new set or 1 old set that got changed to make them much more powerful (or in some cases both). You can't really go wrong with any class in s4 imo if you want to try out a new play style.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
yeah thats what im using as reference. dat rng :(

I would imagine the cube recipe also abides by the same relative drop rates as the items themselves. SMK is the rarest ceremonial knife when it comes to actual drops/gambling, so it's also going to be the rarest from the cube.

ZenaxPure

SMK is notoriously rare. Took me around 8 months to get one. Granted that was back when it took longer to gear and shit (less blood shards per rift, lower legendary drop rate, no cube, etc. etc.) but yeah man, it sucks.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
just tried Carnevil with the new 6p Helltooth instead of 6p zuni... yeah, no.

The 900% dmg buff to your dart and dogs+garg if you stick them in there doesnt outweight the 275% dmg to pets that all the fetiches get I guess

that 2p helltooth is still amazing tho and I cant imagine not using it, which is annoying me because I wanted to use 2p spider just to have the spider with me lol

Celegus

I was thinking of starting back up once the new ladder rolls around. How is crusader now days? I leveled one up when the expansion launched but it was fairly lack luster from what I remember.

Far and away my favorite still. Roland's is great with bash or sweep and the new set looks dope. Even Akarat is decent with a condemn build, or you can go full support. I think they have plenty of options and their attacks have a lot more OOMPH than other classes, which is why I like them so much.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Some new info about crowd control resistance:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/com...one_give_me_an_eli5_for_crowd_control/cufmnur

I always thought it decayed at 10% per second, but it was actually changed to 5% per second with the RoS release. So, if an enemy's CC'd for 10 seconds, and nothing else is applied, it'll take 20 seconds before it would be fully affected again.

Also, the difficulty chart in the game guide was updated through to Torment 10 if people are looking for the new experience-vs-health numbers.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/game/guide/gameplay/game-difficulty

Edit: They just replied and said the resistance info there is going to be updated. https://twitter.com/Raticus79/status/636644310054670337

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
solo 40 greater rift, my first. barely scrapped by. still need that starmetal, even with the cube buffs. and, well, better overall gear lol. Also basically out of deaths breath :(

It uses the same % as the drop rate, so rare legendaries are still rare when converting. I did 50flails to get the blessed shield one and didn't get it. I actually got ancient versions of almost every other flail in the game, but not a single gryfin. So yeah, SMK is still gonna be annoying to get.

MedIC86

Damn, i think some things will get nerfed, walking around with serpent sparker with ancient furnance buff, TnT, and RoRG is so overpowered it isnt even funny anymore.

ZenaxPure

Damn, i think some things will get nerfed, walking around with serpent sparker with ancient furnance buff, TnT, and RoRG is so overpowered it isnt even funny anymore.

Eh, highest wizard on the leaderboard right now is only GR 62 (and hilariously enough isn't using sparker) which is a couple ranks lower than all the other classes save Crusader.

Rhaknar

just DESTROYED a 40 greater rift with my monk friend, which we couldnt finish before the patch. Fun fun fun.

gonna try that rotating element ring on my WD, I hear even if you just play normal (without tryign to time the correct element) its still a big dps boost. plus Im trying out rings now that Im not using the set reduction one

using furnace cube weapon passive until I get my starmetal kukri and 100% pet dmg on gear passive, and the new helltooth 2p to go along with zuni for carnevil. Carnevil with only 5 fetiches shooting and the rest tanking is much better btw, for my playstyle at least.

also using the new dmg near enemies passive, but it seems way too risky, especially considering when it gets up there when things are hard again, so im gonna drop it now for bad medicine probably, no point in using it as a crutch if ill just drop it later

good times :)

MrDaravon

So sad I can't play this now/at Season launch. Goddamn my GPU for finally dying :(.

Like I mentioned before feel free to take me off the clan if you need room, I don't have any sort of ETA. This was a laptop so I'm gonna have to build a completely new rig. I should know tomorrow or Friday if I have this job I'm hoping to land, if so I can order parts immediately, if not I'll probably have to wait a bit. #struggle

Pepto

Banned
First day done with the new zombie bears build. Got up to level 60. The gameplay is so much nicer than carnevil. Too bad the build is pretty laggy.

Not playing yet, waiting for the season start, but I'll be in there. Not sure what I want to roll with this season. Maybe Barb?

Or perhaps finally a witch doctor which I've never had past like 10.

Demon Hunter is probably too boring for me after having done it the past couple seasons.

Rhaknar

Thinking of doing a fucked up full support build on my WD to play coop with my OP monk friend, basically getting as much "% dmg from all sources" effects, but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't out weight my self nerfing. Could be fun tho, I'm a big fan of weird specs

Baliis

So sad I can't play this now/at Season launch. Goddamn my GPU for finally dying :(.

Like I mentioned before feel free to take me off the clan if you need room, I don't have any sort of ETA. This was a laptop so I'm gonna have to build a completely new rig. I should know tomorrow or Friday if I have this job I'm hoping to land, if so I can order parts immediately, if not I'll probably have to wait a bit. #struggle

Damn that sucks.

mileS

Sober

Well, no. The higher levels of difficulty just got harder instead. Everyone else can cube in extra effects as well. Wizards aren't unique. Everyone can cube Furnaces too if the wanted.

Vodh

What an amazing patch! I'm glad I waited and didn't try PTR or read too much about it. It's like a completely different game, possibly the biggest improvement since RoS. Scratch that, easily the biggest improvement since RoS.

The best thing about it is how now all of a sudden I can't stop making plans for what I will be doing next and how. Previously it all boiled down to 'farm bounties for a better RoRG' 'farm rifts for items and keys and hope for the best, decide on a slot to gamble with Kadala' (with abysmal droprate for most of the things you want) and 'farm grifts and hope for the best, upgrade gems'.

Now, I'm figuring out which item or which build I want to go for next and finally there are ways of actually farming for a particular item at a decent pace. Sure, the things I'll be doing aren't all that much different, but the purpose and direction, the control over the RNG we now have is a complete gamechanger.

And it's virtually without drawbacks, at least for me. I never had the patience to actually farm up a full best-in-slot set for any class, I've only ever had 3 characters that were viable for T6 farming, so I can already tell this patch is going to have a very positive impact on the game's longevity for me.

Oh, and Helltooth WD is crazy good. Running the bear version for now (getting a good ancient SuWong and switching to Acid Cloud will be my weekend project I think) and I'm loving every second of it.

Wolfie5

Got the cube first, then bounties at T7, which was easy as T6 and got 8 mats of every act.

I have SMK in the cube now and I am not sure I will ever replace it(unless I use one as my main weapon). Having BBV up all the time, several during boss fights which gives me better mobility is really good. Also put MoJ and RoRG in the cube. I have Focus and Restraint as my main rings now(decent rolls, can be better). With all the bonuses on, my fetishes can crit over 1 billion now!

Did some hellfire amu runs solo at T10, and could kill the bosses pretty quick, some problems with diablo though as he spawned other bosses.
Crafted 5-6 amu but no luck with the rolls yet.

Need to try that hellfire 2 set bonus, but not sure what to sacrifice. I have Zuni 6 set bonus which I really like. Need to experiment, unless someone can tell me if it's better than 6p-Zuni, focus/restraint or MoJ.

I am loving the new patch. I am excited to try some new builds later and try some new combos with the cube. I am curious about the new spider set and how viable they are at higher difficulties. Even if it's not, maybe it's a fun build to play with at lower difficulties.
I have to say, the addition of the cube and a new area(although small) is something I expected in a new expansion pack, not a patch :)

Ran some tests, Bounties on normal to master give 3 materials(2 in the main box and 1 in bonus box), so not very good in that regard. However, 2 changes make me think it might be worth to do 1 or 2 rounds of bounties as soon as you hit 70 on normal, rather than do the usual rifting. You get like 8-10recipes per bounties boxes and the 70 crafted legendaries don't take forgotten souls anymore(instead they use bounty materials). That means in one round of bounty, you can craft a few legendaries and because you get all the recipes pretty much from that one clear, you can start right away by crafting like a legendary 2H + augild 3pc or cain or whatever. You might be unlucky on recipes though cause there's really a ton of them, especially since it also has stupid jeweler designs, so you'd have to run another round of bounties(or at least a few, but I like running the full thing so you have an equal amount of materials).

That's a pretty decent boost of power right away I think. Doesn't take too long to do one round of bounties on normal even with garbage gear, and if you do say Augild chest+helm+shoulders and Sunder, you still have enough mats to cube at least one item(like say, Leoric's Crown for double gem bonus that you probably got for leveling anyway).

Rhaknar

I hate that the Spider set is the same pieces as the helltooth set. You can't have 6p and 2p from the other like zuni can. Zuni is so versatile with what you can have (ring, off hand)... grrr. I want to do a spider build but that 2p helltooth is so good

I hate that the Spider set is the same pieces as the helltooth set. You can't have 6p and 2p from the other like zuni can. Zuni is so versatile with what you can have (ring, off hand)... grrr. I want to do a spider build but that 2p helltooth is so good
Use RoRG then ?

Rhaknar

Use RoRG then ?

They both have the same 6 pieces. RoRG reduces by 1. That's 5 for the Spider set (lets say head, shoulders, torso, hands and legs) for the 6p. Leaves 1 for helltooth (feet), need 2 for 2p.

IbukiLordSA

The new belt and bracers for Demon Hunter are pretty insane, completed a 52grift with 7 minutes to spare and didn't die once, that damage reduction from the bracers are crazy. Am running Nats build so didn't have much help from Kanai in terms of weapon passive, it seems to suit the UE multishot build much more than Nats build.

Will switch over the my UE Demon Hunter and see what happens there.

Xanathus

So what's everyone going to roll for season 4? I was planning on going Barb again because I'm lazy and wanna spin-to-win but DH is looking good too with Yang's Recurve but it looks like so much more work to play.

Dahbomb

So what's everyone going to roll for season 4? I was planning on going Barb again because I'm lazy and wanna spin-to-win but DH is looking good too with Yang's Recurve but it looks like so much more work to play.
Uliana Monk easy.

Just press one button to win.

After playing so many high APM Monk specs for years... finally we get one that I can use without destroying my KB.

Hopefully i'll be ready for s4 ....rolling dh again as i like it more than wiz still

kunai cube concept is weird ;_; what set up for that thing should I go for? :O

Hopefully i'll be ready for s4 ....rolling dh again as i like it more than wiz still

kunai cube concept is weird ;_; what set up for that thing should I go for? :O

For the extracts, it's fairly standard stuff in general.

For weapon, you go Furnace(50%dmg against elites) or whatever your class specific weapons effects give that you'd need more than this(example sparkler for wizard for 2 hydras or SMK for WD for voodoo uptime).

For jewelry, ring of royal grandeur is an obvious one, convention of elements, unity, obsidian ring of zodiac. The basic stuff, whatever you can't fit on your char so you can use Focus and Restraint for yourself.

For armor, it's highly dependant on your class, there's a few possible generic choices(cindercoat for 30% fire cost reduction is a pretty nice one for example or leoric's crown for double effect on the helm gem) but mostly you're going to cube one of these build specific legendaries so you have more room to get a 2pc set for something else and so on.

Before you get these, you kinda cube whatever's useful so you have something at all.

Robin64

How hard or easy does the final chapter of the Season Journey look to you guys?

Chapter IX - Guardian

Kanai's Excellent Adventure - Extract 100 Legendary powers using Kanai's Cube.
Flawless Victory - Complete 3 Conquests this Season.
We Don't Stop - Reach Greater Rift Level 60 Solo.
2 Fast 2 Furious - Finish a level 70 Nephalem Rift on Torment X difficulty within 3 minutes.
Gem Fatale - Level three Legendary Gems to level 60.

ZenaxPure

GR60 solo won't be hard?

Most classes will be pushing close to GR70 this season (if not above), GR60 is very doable even for normal people. I mean it's not going to happen over night but you won't need BiS perfect rolled (including secondary stats) items to reach it.

My non-season barb only has like 1 ancient item right now (no ancient weapons) and GR 55 is very manageable. A lot of my stuff is rolled fairly poorly as well.

GR60 solo won't be hard?

Not if you play most of the season, or like a good amount. It's more or less GR50 prepatch with the Kanai cube addition, so that's realistically doable even if you don't go crazy. It will require a fair amount of time, but so does everything else in that list. I guess it is the only one you can't get carried on though.

Tovarisc

My non-season barb only has like 1 ancient item right now (no ancient weapons) and GR 55 is very manageable. A lot of my stuff is rolled fairly poorly as well.

Not sure how good comparison point barbs are because as of now they are borderline Godtier with WW build and, like you mention yourself, don't need that good gear to do great.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
We're almost there!

WBAC7An.gif

We are 2 people, looking for another 2 chill people on EU who wants to start rolling XP farm as soon as the patch goes live! When we start farming, we don't stop unless it's for small breaks! Mic isn't required (we're gonna be on Mumble) but it makes things more fun.

PM me if you're interested!

-

This IS the route we're going to be following!

Start on hard

Start on adventure mode

BETTER XP
=========
> Go to HALLS OF AGONY from floor 1, 2 and 3

or

BETTER GEAR
===========
> Go to rifts (lvl 1) - they don't require keys anymore

ZenaxPure

Not sure how good comparison point barbs are because as of now they are borderline Godtier with WW build and, like you mention yourself, don't need that good gear to do great.

Barbarians aren't even the highest class on the leaderboard atm (that is WD) and most the high end barbarians are running a HoTA build right now anyway (which seems to be about on par with WW).

If it makes you feel any better though my monk has garbage tier gear all of which I crafted today using the cube (minus a hat where I literally rolled the STR away for DEX) and she cleared GR 49 in 11 minutes on her first try. If her gear was at least as good as my barbarians she would very much be capable of GR55 as well.

Costia

Not if you play most of the season, or like a good amount. It's more or less GR50 prepatch with the Kanai cube addition, so that's realistically doable even if you don't go crazy. It will require a fair amount of time, but so does everything else in that list. I guess it is the only one you can't get carried on though.

In season 3 I got the portrait frame in ~2 weeks of playing. Looks like it won't be that easy this time.

We're almost there!

WBAC7An.gif

We are 2 people, looking for another 2 chill people on EU who wants to start rolling XP farm as soon as the patch goes live! When we start farming, we don't stop unless it's for small breaks! Mic isn't required (we're gonna be on Mumble) but it makes things more fun.

PM me if you're interested!

-

This IS the route we're going to be following!
I would have joined but I don't think I can be as available as you need, another time maybe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom