• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
We're almost there!

WBAC7An.gif

We are 2 people, looking for another 2 chill people on EU who wants to start rolling XP farm as soon as the patch goes live! When we start farming, we don't stop unless it's for small breaks! Mic isn't required (we're gonna be on Mumble) but it makes things more fun.

PM me if you're interested!

-

This IS the route we're going to be following!

OH SHIT IT'S ON BUDDY!
I remember that day near RoS launch when I got 50 paragon levels with you guys. Crazy times. Fun times.

We're talking seasonal, right? I can be there tomorrow evening after work (most likely around 19:00).
On Saturday I might be available early in the afternoon, then I have an afternoon/evening party. I might be back during the night or a bit before.
Then on Sunday I'll be there in the morning until early afternoon most likely.

Can I join?

[EDIT] Tried the adventuring life; didn't care for it. Too much pain, not enough profit.

In season 3 I got the portrait frame in ~2 weeks of playing. Looks like it won't be that easy this time.

Maybe I'm mistaken but there's 2 different rewards, one is the pet+portrait that are rewarded from relatively easy seasonal stuff(divided per chapter, with like clear bounties and so on) which is the equivalent of the current system and is fairly easy to do, and then you have a persistent seasonal systems with various tiers of difficulty with a portrait specific to that as a reward at the end but not exclusive to this season(though it might be, bit unclear on that). If you want that last portrait yeah it's gonna take quite a bit more, but the pet and seasonal portrait are very easy to obtain it seems.

Edit: Nvm reading Diablofans, I see how it is. You do get a portrait very easily as well as the pet, but you can keep getting a better version of the portrait as you progress, culminating in the final portrait for the final tier that was listed previously. So it kinda depends on what you want to do, you get a portrait regardless, it's just better if you play more. Bit similar to Paragon portrait system(original one back when 100 was cap). Link is http://www.diablofans.com/forums/di...eneral-discussion/130938-2-3-roundup-season-4 for details. Granted, the last one does look good.

Vodh

If anyone wants an invite to the EU clan, pm me or Yoshi with your bnet id. Do yourselves a favour and don't leave it out in the open like that for bots and scammers to see, this is the easiest way to get your inbox flooded with scam friend requests and messages. /psa

If anyone wants an invite to the EU clan, pm me or Yoshi with your bnet id. Do yourselves a favour and don't leave it out in the open like that for bots and scammers to see, this is the easiest way to get your inbox flooded with scam friend requests and messages. /psa

Isn't there an EU community too ? I already am in a clan with friends and I'd rather not leave them

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
So what's everyone going to roll for season 4? I was planning on going Barb again because I'm lazy and wanna spin-to-win but DH is looking good too with Yang's Recurve but it looks like so much more work to play.

I'm rolling a S4 monk, not because of any flavor of the season reason, but because the monk is the only class I've not leveled to 70 yet. yep, that's right, I've never gotten a monk above 60 yet, LOL! But that's "soon" to be corrected...

Played around with Kanei's Cube more last night, the sheer greatness of it has sunken in. Even if you get a shit roll on that legendary that you need, now you have the ability to constantly reroll it until it has stats that you like. GAME CHANGER. We have a modicum of power over the RNG now, and with time and effort we you can pretty much make any build work now. And if you get tons of one gem but not the type you really want you can easily fix that now. That's Awesome.

People are going to create incredible builds with this cube. I don't mean the uber powerful min/max builds, I mean the creative out there crazy idea builds. Fucking Awesome.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness

I don't think this is as much of an issue now as it was back in the AH days. Since friend requests can't include messages any more, the chat bots rely on spamming general chat.

Costia

Maybe I'm mistaken but there's 2 different rewards, one is the pet+portrait that are rewarded from relatively easy seasonal stuff(divided per chapter, with like clear bounties and so on) which is the equivalent of the current system and is fairly easy to do, and then you have a persistent seasonal systems with various tiers of difficulty with a portrait specific to that as a reward at the end but not exclusive to this season(though it might be, bit unclear on that). If you want that last portrait yeah it's gonna take quite a bit more, but the pet and seasonal portrait are very easy to obtain it seems.

Edit: Nvm reading Diablofans, I see how it is. You do get a portrait very easily as well as the pet, but you can keep getting a better version of the portrait as you progress, culminating in the final portrait for the final tier that was listed previously. So it kinda depends on what you want to do, you get a portrait regardless, it's just better if you play more. Bit similar to Paragon portrait system(original one back when 100 was cap). Link is http://www.diablofans.com/forums/di...eneral-discussion/130938-2-3-roundup-season-4 for details. Granted, the last one does look good.

Oh. I thought you only get the pet portrait if you complete all the chapters.

25 death's breaths is equally painful. Also, you can't get ancients that way. Pretty awesomely designed. Every recipe is useful.

I'd rather get 25 deaths breaths than 5 mats of each tbh
Deaths breaths drop a lot, and you can even use cain's set if you want more
(don't forget reforge takes 50 forgotten souls as well, you get more deaths breaths than souls and you need less)

Nymerio

Any tips on what items are good to cube on a monk? I'm currently using the leg effect of the Incense Torch with an Ashbringer, the head effect that doubles effectiveness of the socketed gem and the RoRG effect (Unity and SoJ equipped)

Haven't played during S3 at all so I don't know if there are any newer better effects out there.

Any tips on what items are good to cube on a monk? I'm currently using the leg effect of the Incense Torch with an Ashbringer, the head effect that doubles effectiveness of the socketed gem and the RoRG effect (Unity and SoJ equipped)

Haven't played during S3 at all so I don't know if there are any newer better effects out there.

Depends a lot on what you're playing ?
Furnace and RoRG/unity/convention are often go-tos if you don't know what to take, as for gear there's plenty of options, leoric is good but not mandatory in some builds

Wolfie5

I'd rather get 25 deaths breaths than 5 mats of each tbh
Deaths breaths drop a lot, and you can even use cain's set if you want more
(don't forget reforge takes 50 forgotten souls as well, you get more deaths breaths than souls and you need less)

Yeah, me too. I have like 5000 death breaths and they drop a lot more now (or is it a T10 thing?). During the few hours I played yesterday, stumbled on bandit shrine two times and got a lot of death breaths there. Seems like you can build up death breaths pretty quick, wish there was an auto pick up though.

No, the new mats is harder to get as they don't drop anywhere. Need to farm those bounties I guess.

25 death's breaths is equally painful. Also, you can't get ancients that way. Pretty awesomely designed. Every recipe is useful.

I got plenty of ancients doing that.

Luckily I had a massive stockpile of resources just waiting for me to play around with the cube. I had 3250 death breaths.

It's going to be real rough switching to season 4 :(

I got plenty of ancients doing that.

Luckily I had a massive stockpile of resources just waiting for me to play around with the cube. I had 3250 death breaths.

It's going to be real rough switching to season 4 :(

green goblins (heh) drop plenty of cool stuff now including several forgotten souls, that's a nice addition

nice.

I guess WoW has made me paranoid about wearing weapons not for your class.

Unless youre competing on the ladder, your gear doesn't matter. Dooshers in pub games might judge you, but if you play solo or with friends, then play what you like. I play a completely weird build, but its effective and a love it. I did a 40 rift last night in like 6-7 minutes (before the I got the DML quiver I gambled for right after I cleared it). I never cleared 40 in 2.2. I'm fairly confident ill be clearing 50 once I get an ancient Yangs. I still need to play and see which build is best and most enjoyable, nats, UE, or mara.

For any DHs that like Nats AND their wrists, check out my build.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/hellmonkey-1619/hero/2687745

Lain

Spent a little time in t10, and I can manage it, though it can get a bit deadly still. Also managed to clear a 50 GR (my best was 47 before 2.3) thanks to the cube and the changes to GRs. Best thing with the patch: now my cache is still full, but my wizard's inventory is empty. I just need to farm more mats so I can slowly empty the cache too.

Raticus79

Here's a video of the zDPS regen monk in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnIj7rCJero

Build guide: http://www.diablofans.com/builds/57533-quin69-gr74-healing-monk-group-only

HOTA barb is looking pretty solid for DPS there too. Might go for that instead of Uliana monk. Still haven't settled on my main DPS class.

Other build guides: https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/3ih0hn/deadsets_guides_to_23/
I'll just copy it here since this is a really good overview.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Deadset's build guides:

BARBARIAN

Whirlwind Bul’Kathos
The heir of the top performer in S3, this guide is more evolutionary than anything else, properly reflecting the power spike from Kanai’s Cube and Bane of the Stricken. The recommendations reflect the newfound power of Area Damage, so intricacies can still be found – but to put it simply: if a better, meaner Whirlwind build is what you’re after, this is it.

Rend Immortal King
In 2.2, Rend was often maligned as a tacked on oddity in Wrath of the Wastes, but by implementing the reworked Immortal King and dipping your toe into the WotW bonuses, a true Rend playstyle is allowed to emerge in Patch 2.3. Bloodbaths, AoEs and spreading DoTs are the name of the game for this build.

Hammer of the Ancients Immortal King
A vanilla favorite, Hammer of the Ancients was long regarded as a beginner skill in Reaper of Souls. With the flexible goodness of the Immortal King set and tailored legendaries like Fury of the Ancients, Bracers of the First Men and Gavel of Judgment, Hammer of the Ancients propels to the endgame and proves Barbarians are not just one trick AoE ponies.

CRUSADER

Blessed Hammer Seeker of the Light
Tugging at some nice Diablo 2 nostalgia, the Hammerdin playstyle returns through the Seeker of the Light set. If you’re a fan of screen-filling projectiles, mid-range fighting and the general ‘mage knight’ feel, this build might be right up your alley.

DEMON HUNTER

Multishot Unhallowed Essence
You can tell John Yang is a DH main not only by the name of the new bow, but its OP affixes as well – almost singlehandedly carrying the Multishot build into endgame viability. :p If you enjoyed the speedfarm playstyle in 2.2 and wanted it to work for progression, or you’d simply like a traditional ranged spray-and-pray, look into this.

Natalya Rain of Vengeance
A lightning variant emerged during the 2.3 PTR, and many liked and adopted it for the convenience of the huge AoE. If you ever wanted to play a tankier Demon Hunter that can take a hit and punish back, now is the best time to try the Natalya set – Hatred management is easier than ever.

MONK

Uliana’s Strategem Seven-Sided Strike
One of the coolest looking builds in 2.3, and surprisingly intricate with its critless setup, Uliana can easily win you over – but you have to invest time in Season 4! Hinging on the power of Lion’s Claw, this explosions-heavy build finally brings Seven-Sided Strike into viable territory.

Shenlong’s Crippling Wave
Simplicity can be devastatingly effective, as proven by this generator-only build. With its powers elevated sky-high, Crippling Wave will pummel your foes as you balance the Spirit generation-dumping mechanic of the reworked Shenlong’s fist weapons.

WITCH DOCTOR

Carnevil DoD Zunimassa
One of the biggest beneficiaries of Kanai’s Cube, Carnevil Witch Doctors are well on their way to show what the class is capable of. If summons, devastating poison damage and easier pet management sound like your thing, take a look at one of the top performers in the PTR.

Acid Cloud Helltooth
Helltooth is a thorn in the Witch Doctor loot table no more, as this top-to-bottom rework now adds an endgame playstyle Witch Doctors sorely needed. If you ever wanted to whittle down your foes with crippling DoTs and watch them corrode as they try to approach you, look no further.

WIZARD

Archon Vyr
Another D3 classic, the Archon makes a mean return with the rework to the underdeveloped Vyr set. With a unique power up – unleash –repeat playstyle, the new Archon Wizard brings melee-range destruction to a new level. If spellcasting right into the thick of the fight seems unthinkable for your squishy Wizard, this is the build that will make you reconsider

Akai XIII

Or me, Akai#1649.

I played RoS at launch but am just now getting back into it with this new patch

I'm really enjoying it. Seasons mode is like ladder was in d2 right? roll a new character and just have fun?

is there an active NA clan? I was in a clan with my rl friends but the most recent last play time for them is like 300+ days ago

Robin64

I played RoS at launch but am just now getting back into it with this new patch

I'm really enjoying it. Seasons mode is like ladder was in d2 right? roll a new character and just have fun?

is there an active NA clan? I was in a clan with my rl friends but the most recent last play time for them is like 300+ days ago

Yep, that's the basics of Seasons. You are entirely from scratch, no money, no items, nothing. But it has season exclusive legendaries, for one thing, as well as rewards to get and stuff like portraits and pets.

Pons

Neo Member
This thread is a bit more active than console d3 thread, so I will ask here as it is a question independent of console/pc and just diablo 3 skill question.

I am running an lightning archon Vyr build with Slow Time. For the life of me I can't find what skill/gear, and I've looked, multiple times, is causing slow time to go off sometimes when I get hit. Even multiple slow times going off if my teleport/fracture decoy's get hit. I've checked my equipped cube legendary powers, skills, passives, gear, its not something my follower is doing. I must be blind...

If anyone has any ideas what could cause slow time bubbles when I or my fracture decoy's get hit, I would appreciate it, as I have gone over my cube powers/skills/passives/items multiple times and just can't find it.

Thanks.

Baliis

I'll be going at it hard core like I usually do if I can, I think I need new leveling buddies this season though, haven't seen my old ones in a couple months, kinda sucks.

Raticus79

Important little detail for that support monk - if your party members are using Molten Wildebeest's Gizzard, the damage shield from it is based on that crazy buffed regen since the monk's effects increase their sheet regen.

"After not taking damage for 4 seconds, gain an absorb shield for 200% of your total Life per Second"

I imagine this specific part will get changed. That shield would be worth a million or two raw life points.

You're not super pro? Forget about it then.

(Nah, seriously, what region are you in?)

:C

America, I have maybe two friends who play regularly, one of which is in Australia so it's super laggy, the other runs a crazy build which I can't keep up with :c trying to be a crusader with hammers here.

My bnet thing is GruntOAction#1675

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
tried the spider set and some sort of spider build and nah, cant make it work. Not compared to my usual one at least.

Stevey

Took me an hour to sort my inventory out, looking forward to the season so I can start fresh.

Would be nice to level up with some people. I'm on EU.

No idea what class to roll, usually play Barb or Crusader

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom