• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramirez

I freaking love this build/gear set I'm running with my Crusader.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Ram-1596/hero/44625090

I basically have 72% block chance at all times, I can run into a massive amount of mobs on T4/5 and not even drop health, pretty funny. I still need a magefist/cindercoat and the shield that buffs Blessed Shield, but it's still working out fine for me thus far.

I got a good Akkahn helmet tonight, so at least I have one item from the set after 150 hours or so. :p

ferr

hrmmm, finally having bad luck with Kadala. Been trying for maybe a week or so to get a fire amulet for my DH, haven't found crap after so many shards. I get leg amulets that go straight to salvage because of extremely strict CA build requirements, not so fun.

i did manage to get a nice phys SOJ tonight though. if i get a theo i'll consider possibly going chakram zoo.

Totally agreed. You simply can't afford to not have CHC and CHD at close to maximum values in every possible slot. Itemization in this game is just restricted as hell. I feel like the whole stat system is just kind of crap. Too much of your damage output, which is the most important thing in the game bar none, is tied to a few very specific attributes.

People bitched and complained, but I liked the idea of capping the amount of CC and CD one can get.

ferr

People bitched and complained, but I liked the idea of capping the amount of CC and CD one can get.

But if it was capped, what would people invest into to get into higher torments? Get their toughness to 50m? Eventually some other stat would push to the top of must-have-perfectly-on-everything.

That's actually a pretty good idea. Leads to gear strategy. You can strategize where you're getting to your cap from. Then you get to strategize other stats.

Right. People might use area damage or resource cost reduction more. Etc etc.

But if it was capped, what would people invest into to get into higher torments? Get their toughness to 50m? Eventually some other stat would push to the top of must-have-perfectly-on-everything.

It would be up to the devs to balance the attributes.

The point would be to encourage people to use other attributes rather than CC or CD.

scy

Probably just cap Area damage, CDR, Resource Cost, etc. to go with it.

That and I think this is in reference to CC/CHD being capped and balanced around and not really just "flip a switch today and cap CC/CHD, good luck everyone~~~"

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
The problem with crits is that this game is all about burst damage. 50% crit chance at 400% crit damage should come out to around double damage output compared to not having those stats. In reality, though, it's far far more.

ElyrionX

CC and CHD is fine. At least the two stats synergize with each other and players are forced to pursue both and it's not a case of one stat dominating everything else. Ultimately, RoS is about efficiency and even if CC and CHD gets nerfed, people will just flock to the next best damage stat to have on their items.

Many people don't realize that these things don't exist in a vacuum. It's all relative and there will always be something that will be better than the rest. It's like people calling for build diversity. There is absolutely no such thing. There will always be one or two builds that will dominate everything else. It's just a matter of how much better these builds are.

RDreamer

Really getting sick of gambling for Cindercoat. Been spending 95% of my shards for 3 weeks on it, and I've got nothing to show for it yet.

All the damage stats synergize with one another. The idea would be to force people to use those other synergies and not just stack the most dominant of the lot.

Insaniac

IfEJhAZ.jpg

Someone please help, what should I roll on this magefist to crit? (If i'm trying to be more tanky, would the vitality help or the armor?)

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
My friend recently got into Diablo and I feel bad for him, he's constantly out of gold and can't enchant any of his pieces, and that's with me giving him all my drops as well. It must really suck starting as a new player without any help at all. I'm so glad I came into RoS prepared.

The thing about CC/CHD is that they are universally good and have some too-convenient itemization distribution.

Let's start with CHD, which is the main offender. CHD has value on level 70 gear is generally around 50% per primary affix slot. That's pretty reasonable. The problem is that weapon sockets exceed that by a factor of 2.5, and amulets are worth double that baseline value. So you have these undercosted CHD affix slots that are being widely used because of how much more efficient they are for damage per affix slot. Since you have access to this huge pile of undercosted CHD, you now need enough CC to make it worthwhile, so you stack that as well. The result is the very common 40-50% CC / 400-500% CHD that's seen on in-game character sheets. Note that CC is also undercosted in gear, though only in one slot (amulet).

Everything else is more or less normalized and/or situational, without any innate gearing advantages like CHD has. Cooldown Reduction is absolutely crazy for some builds of a class, while other builds of the same class won't even touch it. Same for resource cost reduction and to a lesser extent area damage (which needs a bit of a buff).

I agree with the statement that there will always be a best stacking stat if CHD/CC aren't left uncapped and as is. That top dog is likely just going to continue to be elemental damage. But capping out CHD/CC would at least free up some additional primary affixes for more customization.

valeo

My friend recently got into Diablo and I feel bad for him, he's constantly out of gold and can't enchant any of his pieces, and that's with me giving him all my drops as well. It must really suck starting as a new player without any help at all. I'm so glad I came into RoS prepared.

It's annoying for new players that the gold sinks are geared towards people who have millions of gold from the original D3, tbh.

Just starting to get into my Barb. Care to share your profile?

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Finicky-2766/hero/42871032

Had a good night with my Barb. Found a Magefist and then a pair of Firewalkers.

Fire Barb experts, what else do I need to do with her? http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Ronabo-1462/hero/40713821

3 pieces of earthen set + lut socks would more than double your damage, + you can combine it with the aughild set to make you tanky enough for higher torments

It's annoying for new players that the gold sinks are geared towards people who have millions of gold from the original D3, tbh.
tell me about it :\

damn, so no update this week.

boring..

I wonder how they intend to retain players with no updates, fixes (only nerfs they can hotfix like the myriam reroll cost glitch) let alone new content (most of which isn't actually new content)
My friends list has been quickly shifting from having lots of online people to having 'last logged in several days ago' in the past 2 weeks
I guess it doesn't matter to them since there's no subscription fee, but people will remember when their next game releases

Was hoping 2.05 might come today but i guess not. I haven't logged in in almost a month but I'm still holding out hope they might turn things around. I just can't bear the thought of doing rifts for another 2 hours just to find another "Stolen Ring".

I don't know why I treat this game differently than others. Usually i will just play a game until I get bored with it and move on. I just wish they'd say what their plans are for the game. In the past the devs were pretty vocal on the official forums but as of late they haven't been posting at all.

At least I have Grim Dawn keeping my loot lust fulfilled for now.

garath

Few more rifts last night, few more legendaries into forgotten souls. At least I'm getting a legendary or two every night now. Just continuing to be tough to get those elusive best in slot pieces.

STILL no cindercoat. At this point I've pretty much given up on that and working for a zoo build. REALLY REALLY need that ring of grandeur. Ran like 50 act 1 caches over the weekend with nothing. Another few last night. I was really hoping today would be the patch that makes the torment level impact the drop rate of caches. :(

I don't know if I can take another week of act 1 bounty farming.

On the bright side, it's so easy. Equip both my Danetta's, firewalkers, use trail of cinders on my vault and I can just spam vault through the levels killing almost anything in my path. I can complete the full act 1 bounty in about 5-10 min.

Tarazet

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/neoism-1506/Arrietty/1516357

so why cant I do t2 really well...? with the passives Im using usually just for solo I have over 2m Elite dps... is it my skills....
I really wish I had the souls to but 15% light dam and my ammy and 20% on my SOJ its sooo expansive ima wait for the patch

I have almost the same elemental elite DPS number, less toughness, but I can do T3 pretty easily. Set bonuses help a lot.. I have Inna's 3-piece, Aughild's 3-piece and Raiment of a Thousand Storms 2-piece.

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/tarazet-1231/Wark/2529492

Celegus

I really should have sold my stuff in the AH before it went down. I'm completely broke, but my wife still has over 100m. It suuuuucks!

I'm also a little unnerved by the complete lack of communication by the devs. Aside from the fixes in the next patch, there's still a lot of broken crap in this game.

The official forums are pretty much reflecting the same sentiments. People are getting very annoyed with their silence. It seems like this is the longest period of quiet from them since I started playing. Does this happen often?

This game and Blizzard most of all, has conditioned its player base into thinking that "The next Patch" is going to fix things, everybody is always looking forward and hoping that "the next patch" is the one that will make things right. It's been like that since Diablo 3 launched, as an example Monk's primary stat was as ineffective and underpowered compared to the other classes primary stats when the game launched as it is now, but somehow people think that the next patch is going to fix Monks.
I guess people like to dream, remember, if it doesn't work, there is always "The next patch".

I guess people like to dream, remember, if it doesn't work, there is always "The next patch".

The next patch is supposed to fix %dmg on weapons and make higher torments more rewarding for both bounties and rifts. That's not a "fix everything" patch but it would help quite a bit. It doesn't seem like a huge patch so I don't know why it's taking so long.

RDreamer

Wish I knew why ROS's performance is just dogshit compared to D3's. RIF community fucking sucks for me. I've had a few games where I don't load the goddamned map until the RG is dead and I get no shards. I crash on entering the level, too, a good amount of times. Just had another fucking crash when I was trying to load up. I was the reopened too and no one else apparently stuck around so when my game came back I had to go reopen for him. Everyone else in the RIF community has to open like 1 out of 4 and it makes sense but lately I feel like I get bloodshards for every 2 that I have to open. Fucking blows.

Anyone else crash a lot and just have really slow loading of levels?

Boogdud

I'm also a little unnerved by the complete lack of communication by the devs. Aside from the fixes in the next patch, there's still a lot of broken crap in this game.

The official forums are pretty much reflecting the same sentiments. People are getting very annoyed with their silence. It seems like this is the longest period of quiet from them since I started playing. Does this happen often?

Glad others are noticing this as well. First couple weeks after launch there were blue posts as far as the eye can see on every subforum with information and updates on everything. Then we got 2.04 and since then it has been a ghost town. I think 2.04 was baked in at launch anyway and was pretty much on deck to be released.

Since then they have gone completely silent. Hell they're not even mentioning what they're working on. At least give us something. For a lot of people the threads are showing and they're losing interest.

Celegus

Anyone else crash a lot and just have really slow loading of levels?

Not at all. It does seem to take more resources though, as my GPU started getting a little hotter than I'd prefer and kicking the fan into high, where it never did before the expansion. It's fine with the side panel open though, so I just took that off for now.

RDreamer

Seems like the slow loading is a Mac problem. Bah...

Also why are almost all of the damned RIFers doing lowest para opens? Because that makes fucking sense. Let's have the person who probably has less keys open... because... I don't fucking know. And if they're not lowest para opens it's last in opens, which apparently fucks Mac users like me!

Not that any of that fucking matters because I'll just be using those blood shards to get shitty ass rares from Kadala because after 3 goddamned weeks she can't give me a cinder coat.

Mumei

Seems like the slow loading is a Mac problem. Bah...

Also why are almost all of the damned RIFers doing lowest para opens? Because that makes fucking sense. Let's have the person who probably has less keys open... because... I don't fucking know. And if they're not lowest para opens it's last in opens, which apparently fucks Mac users like me!

Not that any of that fucking matters because I'll just be using those blood shards to get shitty ass rares from Kadala because after 3 goddamned weeks she can't give me a cinder coat.

I'm on a Mac[book Air] and the issues are sort of intermittent. My games generally load pretty fast, though.

RDreamer

I'm on a Mac[book Air] and the issues are sort of intermittent. My games generally load pretty fast, though.

What OS are you running? Seems it's a problem with Mavericks.

My games generally load very slow. It especially sucks when I'm a crusader and can't catch up to the damned group which is now 8 rooms away by the time I load up. It also sucks if I'm a weaker character and just die before I load. I won't even attempt hardcore now.

I've generally tried clearing all my ram and closing pretty much everything while playing. Sometimes I get decent load times. Most of the time not. Even my decent load times don't seem to be even remotely what other people get though.

Mumei

What OS are you running? Seems it's a problem with Mavericks.

My games generally load very slow. It especially sucks when I'm a crusader and can't catch up to the damned group which is now 8 rooms away by the time I load up. It also sucks if I'm a weaker character and just die before I load. I won't even attempt hardcore now.

I've generally tried clearing all my ram and closing pretty much everything while playing. Sometimes I get decent load times. Most of the time not. Even my decent load times don't seem to be even remotely what other people get though.

Whatever the most recent OS is; I can't remember the kitty offhand. I just got mine a month or so ago, and it's a 2013 model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom