• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radec

I really should have sold my stuff in the AH before it went down. I'm completely broke, but my wife still has over 100m. It suuuuucks!

Start selling those yellows instead of salvaging.

I'm upgrading gems and enchanting and I still manage to get it back from 40m to 50m after a some rifts.

I'm upgrading gems and enchanting and I still manage to get it back from 40m to 50m after a some rifts.

Rifts at what torment level? I am only running T2 and the gold is definitely not flowing, even with selling over salvaging.

RDreamer

Then you run out of crystals! yay...

:(

Fucking rings, man. They're the death of my wallet in this game.

garath

Rifts at what torment level? I am only running T2 and the gold is definitely not flowing, even with selling over salvaging.

I guess it depends on how much gem making, crafting and re-rolling you're doing. I haven't had to do more than a handful of re-rolls and crafts in over a week and haven't made any gems and I've made around 10mil with my casual gametime (re: ~8 hours give or take) just doing T2 rifts. It's anywhere from 1-2 mil an hour just from gold drops.

I started RoS with 46mil, dropped as low as 39mil (last week actually lol) and now currently at 49 mil.

I've been salvaging everything as well. Haven't sold a damn thing. Stockpiling those mats.

Dahbomb

The last blue post from Blizzard was from 4 days ago. They have gone completely radio silent and no update again today.

I can't imagine what the hell is going on the forums right about now. They also never confirmed/denied the loot table values.

RoS is slowly getting back to D3 Vanilla's long ass intervals between updates.

StMeph

I guess it depends on how much gem making, crafting and re-rolling you're doing. I haven't had to do more than a handful of re-rolls and crafts in over a week and haven't made any gems and I've made around 10mil with my casual gametime (re: ~8 hours give or take) just doing T2 rifts. It's anywhere from 1-2 mil an hour just from gold drops.

Fucking rings, man. They're the death of my wallet in this game.

It's the re-rolling and gem-making costs way higher than income. 10 million in 8 hours; spent in minutes for some gems to reroll jewelry. Still not rolled correctly. Need to go farm some more gold.

It's the re-rolling and gem-making costs way higher than income. 10 million in 8 hours; spent in minutes for some gems to reroll jewelry. Still not rolled correctly. Need to go farm some more gold.

Exactly my problem right now, and if it does not cost that much first, it usually comes with a high price in Veil Crystals, which means salvaging and not selling, which is making the process even longer... Arf.

I am starting to doubt my lightning Wizzard direction, even if it's fun, I am trailing behind my clan members all going for a Fire Wiz... Frustrating.

Do you guys think Blizzard will try to balance the game to make each specing possible? Or is it just wishfull thinking on my side?

PS: fun to see you are on the same threads as me StMeph, PaD/Diablo/Timepiece FTW! :)

garath

Guys can anyone tell me what is wrong with my monk? I can do T6 now but people keep booting me for low dps. I thought sheet dps didn't matter??

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/eek-1673/hero/47751293

:(

Sheet dps doesn't matter if it's supplemented with some solid elemental dps or skill specific dps. You don't have a lot of that unfortunately :( I see a 20% lighting and a lashing tail kick 13% and a way of fists 13%. But you aren't using either of those two skills. So it's just the lighting.... which I don't see you using any lighting skills? I'm not that familiar with monk skills though so I may be wrong on the lighting.

that's really really low dps. How are you doing T6? It must be a REAL slow go.

I'm hardly a monk expert though.

Celegus

I've been selling for a while now. I did just craft 4 flawless royals and spent too many millions on re-rolling my firebird source, which has also put me out of crystals.

StMeph

Do you guys think Blizzard will try to balance the game to make each specing possible? Or is it just wishfull thinking on my side?

Not really. Blizzard is not very good at finding balance, and tends to overdo things when nerfing or buffing, so there's always going to be some options that are clearly better than others. Lightning Wiz might be better in the future, if they overtune some weapon procs or coefficients, but don't count on it.

PS: fun to see you are on the same threads as me StMeph, PaD/Diablo/Timepiece FTW! :)

Always fun to see the same faces in other threads. Join the dark side and enter Hearthstone, Hex, or the fountain pen threads. <3

24 caches with no legs.

77 caches without a ring.

This game is doing everything it can to kill my motivation.

And I'm still convinced that individual characters are more likely to get certain types of items. MY demon hunter gets a ton of rings. Since playing my wizard, my last 5 legs have been two-handed swords and staves.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Kadala just gave me a nice neck for my alt Witch Doctor, sadly it took 50 fucking rolls to get any physical damage at all. 50.

lXX6uwt.jpg

So this decided to happen tonight... in the same T6 rift these two items dropped for my WIZARD...

I don't really play WD or Crusader but I know everyone is looking for these items... which one is more game changing and would make me want to try out that class? (I already roll crit on the helm since I figure every class wants crit... what would be best to reroll on the shield?)

lFbAdhe.png

Gxfa9at.png

scy

Jengaboard requires Gyrfalcon's Foote alongside it to actually change the class. Mask of Jeram plugs into the build a lot easier.

As for the Shield, Life Regen -> Crit% is the best option.

scy

Yeah, 2.0.5 is just the Bounty Bag and Blood Shard change, really. At this point, it's shaping up to either be a more robust patch ala 2.0.4 or it got rolled into 2.1.

I really hope not the latter since that would mean we'll probably be waiting for another ~month or so before a patch and that's just outrageous. The bounty and blood shard change is such a nice small change for QoL purposes that it really makes no sense to be taking this long. Whatever balance changes are alongside it could have just waited for 2.0.6 :(

Azulsky

Its looking like my group will probably be on hiatus from d3 for a while. Will come back when there is more to do.

I feel like I got my monies worth. Just wish you could actually get to play around with build options instead of being pigeonholed by drop rates.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
2.05 is a big patch though, it includes needed changes to bounties and rifts, plus lots of bug fixes. 2.1 I don't mind waiting another month for, but I really want 2.05 ASAP.

scy

I feel like people missed the joke.

Also, pull Monk with no Moonlight Ward? :lol

2.05 is a big patch though, it includes needed changes to bounties and rifts, plus lots of bug fixes. 2.1 I don't mind waiting another month for, but I really want 2.05 ASAP.

At this point, 2.0.5 really needs some extra meat if it's taken ~two weeks (three weeks if it's next Tuesday) since first announced. Like, just making bags and blood shards scale with Torment really doesn't seem like it should have taken this long :(

Fularu

Banned
Stone of Jordan with fire damage, Reaper's wraps with fire damage, Andariel's with fire damage, and you can probably swap out the Mad Monarch's for a Devastator (crafted legendary) for even more fire damage.
I wish I could find those plans :(

My barb needs a devastator and a better fire axe

garath

I feel like people missed the joke.

Also, pull Monk with no Moonlight Ward? :lol

At this point, 2.0.5 really needs some extra meat if it's taken ~two weeks (three weeks if it's next Tuesday) since first announced. Like, just making bags and blood shards scale with Torment really doesn't seem like it should have taken this long :(

Yeah. I felt the whoosh over my head after my post.

J0dy77

Last night I was messing around with builds on one of my wizards and decided to try out mirror image. I have close to 50% CDR, so they can be up almost always. I feel almost invincible

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/wickwire7-1676/hero/47089683

If I were to point out one big flaw with RoS it would be the lack of build variety for any class outside Wizard. Every time I join a group with a Wizard I see different things going on. Yes, there is a lot of overlap but there are viable ways to do lightning,arcane, cold and fire builds. If you get a monk in your group, he's going to be lightning or he's dragging u down (maybe a few decent fire players). DH is going to be loaded for Bear, Barb is going to be fire (maybe some lightning). Just very cookie cutter.

I still love the game and think they did a ton of things right with this expansion and can continue to improve. I know they've talked about legendary itemization in the seasons, hopefully this will allow classes to branch out. We need a lot more legendary items like cindercoat, magefists, jankebord, pride's fall, etc, in the game and better skill synergy for everyone not named Wizard. How can a monk not have a viable holy build? Why's poison completely forgotten about?

Love this expansion and love playing the builds we have to choose from, just hoping Blizz delivers more of a good thing.

Taz

The last blue post from Blizzard was from 4 days ago. They have gone completely radio silent and no update again today.

I can't imagine what the hell is going on the forums right about now. They also never confirmed/denied the loot table values.

RoS is slowly getting back to D3 Vanilla's long ass intervals between updates.

This is the problem with the game at the moment,

Level to 70 do normal collect rares > with rares do T1till you get crafted sets plus a few legendary s progress to T3 > farm for class sets to carry you to T6

The problem is with all classes, sets are to rare and the way it is now unless your super lucky you can only play one class because there is no specific way to farm Torment sets, which makes the game get stale because you can put 400 hour in to a class without ever getting that last set part you need and your mate can finish his in half the time.

If I were to point out one big flaw with RoS it would be the lack of build variety for any class outside Wizard. Every time I join a group with a Wizard I see different things going on. Yes, there is a lot of overlap but there are viable ways to do lightning,arcane, cold and fire builds. If you get a monk in your group, he's going to be lightning or he's dragging u down (maybe a few decent fire players). DH is going to be loaded for Bear, Barb is going to be fire (maybe some lightning). Just very cookie cutter.

I still love the game and think they did a ton of things right with this expansion and can continue to improve. I know they've talked about legendary itemization in the seasons, hopefully this will allow classes to branch out. We need a lot more legendary items like cindercoat, magefists, jankebord, pride's fall, etc, in the game and better skill synergy for everyone not named Wizard. How can a monk not have a viable holy build? Why's poison completely forgotten about?

Love this expansion and love playing the builds we have to choose from, just hoping Blizz delivers more of a good thing.

Fire monk representing! ;(

Azulsky

Level to 70 do normal collect rares > with rares do T1till you get crafted sets plus a few legendary s progress to T3 > farm for class sets to carry you to T6

The problem is with all classes, sets are to rare and the way it is now unless your super lucky you can only play one class because there is no specific way to farm Torment sets, which makes the game get stale because you can put 400 hour in to a class without ever getting that last set part you need and your mate can finish his in half the time.

I just sorta hoped that 100 hours in Rifts wouldve yielded a full set. Aside from gems I havent upgraded my monk in 2 weeks and the last set item I got was a Nat ring.

Kinda breaks you a bit seeing folks with full builds in pub games. Im all for enjoying the journey but there isnt a sense of completion and that gives me burnout.

The Mystic is cruel in more ways than one. Beside her ability to vanish piles of gold and mats in a matter of seconds, she can also make you ruin amulets and gear trying to experiment with builds only to find out to try to get back to square one is going to cost you another 15 hours of playing. Ugh. I really wish I could just revert back to the original as an option.

I have completely stagnated in my DPS in T2. Slowly trying to upgrade my gems but jumping from flawless imperial to royal barely made a notable impact. Guess I have to jump into this Holy build with two feet. If only I could get a fucking (useful) weapon or shield drop to help freshen up my build.

I am just spinning in circles with my crusader, who I started playing because I was tired of spinning in circles with my DH.

Eh. I'll take it.

TmNWu8d.png

Really disappointed that rifts just drop absolute crap and I HAVE to rely on Kadala for everything. I can't imagine how long it would take for me to get all the set pieces for my wizard when I've dropped a grand total of 2 since RoS started. And my wizard has 100 more hours in than my demon hunter who has dropped almost every single DH set item there is (except mara boots....)

Guess I'll start the transition from arcane to fire now.

Not really. Blizzard is not very good at finding balance, and tends to overdo things when nerfing or buffing, so there's always going to be some options that are clearly better than others. Lightning Wiz might be better in the future, if they overtune some weapon procs or coefficients, but don't count on it.

Always fun to see the same faces in other threads. Join the dark side and enter Hearthstone, Hex, or the fountain pen threads. <3

I used to play Hearthstone a lot, but I just stopped at some point, too much randomness for my taste (although I confess the game is pretty addictive and deep). I will drop by the fontain pen thread, as I have a few Dupont to brag about :D

I agree with you on the Lightning Wiz, but I feel very frustrated right now, will they buff it? When? How? Will I have an arcane/fire build by then? So much unknown, it's hard for me to know where to go next...

scy

I just sorta hoped that 100 hours in Rifts wouldve yielded a full set. Aside from gems I havent upgraded my monk in 2 weeks and the last set item I got was a Nat ring.

Kinda breaks you a bit seeing folks with full builds in pub games. Im all for enjoying the journey but there isnt a sense of completion and that gives me burnout.

500 hours.

I got my third and fourth piece in the last 100.

Still need one more.

The only reasonable upgrades to my Blessed Shield build are a trifecta RoRG, quadfecta SoJ, and a 1400+ Holy Gyrfalcon. The rest are +20-50 stat roll changes.

Boogdud

I think the problem with the game currently is that you are basically playing the lottery to figure out how you are going to play your character. The only thing determining your build is getting one or two ultra rare "game changing" pieces of loot.

The item may not be one you want, and the build you'll have to use may or may not be how you want to play, but if you don't build around one of those pieces of loot you are lagging WAY behind.

Oh and also, it will take a million years to get one of those pieces of loot unless you play 12 hours a day or get extremely lucky.

Sound like fun?

Wickwire

I completely agree. I leveled my monk with intentions as a fire monk, but eventhing I got seemed to be pushing me towards a lightning build. I chose to stick with my fire build though because one of my wizards is pure lightning and didnt see the point of another lightning toon. I would like to eventually build up a holy monk, like I had in vanilla.

traveler

Not Wario
Build variety seems fine at lower difficulties across all classes. It's really upper Torments that have the homogenization issue, and I'm not really sure if Wizards are even well off there either. Skills basically require the existence of legendaries that break them to be true endgame viable choices, and there's only so many legs that function like that, especially for non-Crusaders. Even Crusaders are limited at T6, though, to basically either a Gyrfalcon's Foote/Jekang/Holy build or a Akkhan's based perma-AC build. (Granted, there's a lot of room for variance within the second one of those, which is why I look forward to actually getting the set)

How many efficient T6 farming Wiz builds are there? Not that knowledgeable about the class.

How can a monk not have a viable holy build?

There's kind of already one for T3-T4, it just requires a daibo with a very low drop rate and some ridiculous specific gear rolls to make work.

The more I play, the more I think that T5-T6 solo builds are a fool's errand and waste of time. Unless they shake up the reward schedule significantly you are usually better off at the lower or mid torments soloing faster than dealing with the slower clear times and damage/toughness of the higher torments. If it is gold/XP you are worried about you shouldn't be near rifts at all.

Seems like the slow loading is a Mac problem. Bah...

Also why are almost all of the damned RIFers doing lowest para opens? Because that makes fucking sense. Let's have the person who probably has less keys open... because... I don't fucking know. And if they're not lowest para opens it's last in opens, which apparently fucks Mac users like me!

Not that any of that fucking matters because I'll just be using those blood shards to get shitty ass rares from Kadala because after 3 goddamned weeks she can't give me a cinder coat.

When I'm doing t5-t6 I'll also do lowest paragon opens , mostly because : I can't leave the boss on 5 percent before inviting because then some idiot is guaranteed to kill it before everyone gets inside, so having 3 guys in full rares join can make me waste a full minute longer just to kill the damn boss

But normally on t2-4 I always just do 'last to tp to boss opens' , that prevents the wooden computers (and macs apparently,hahaha) from slowing down my runs by taking 2 minutess to get their ass to the boss

kadela is your best bet for gearing up actually, other than sets she's the only reliable way of getting stuff like mask or jeram, jenkabord, lut socks, cindercoat and other build defining legendaries

worst advice possible, you will need many thousands of blue and rare crafting mats for crafting and rerolling down the line, never ever stop salvaging unless you have at least 3stacks of each.
I burnt through 2000 rare mats yesterday alone making some aughild helmets and rolling sockets on a chestpiece

you do make a lot more than that after a while
once you have some gear and do hellrifts you can run it in <2 mins, 30 runs an hour at about 500k + per run (420k from the quest + all the cursed chests and the drops from mobs)
10+ million an hour when you need some gold easily

higher torment rifts also get you more gold, 4-5 mill an hour doing t4 and a lot more on t6
I understand that they made the 280 stat gems a long term thing (and they don't add much dmg anyhow) but it's the stupid 1million gold per reroll attempt on rings/necklaces (and they can take 30+ rolls easily) as well as quickly compounding reroll cost on other slots that makes it really shitty for everyone who didn't start the expansion with hundreds of millions of gold.

OT: finally found a second unity, tried some t6 runs but I'm not sure it's worth it
takes me 9-12 mins to clear (when there's no conduit pylons) which is way slower than on t4
the exp in t6 4 man rifts with a EP monk is good though, about 2.5 billion exp an hour

But in the end you're just hitting higher health bars and getting slightly more drops, nothing changes gameplay wise obviously so it's still dull

Wickwire

There's kind of already one for T3-T4, it just requires a daibo with a very low drop rate and some ridiculous specific gear rolls to make work.

The more I play, the more I think that T5-T6 solo builds are a fool's errand and waste of time. Unless they shake up the reward schedule significantly you are usually better off at the lower or mid torments soloing faster than dealing with the slower clear times and damage/toughness of the higher torments. If it is gold/XP you are worried about you shouldn't be near rifts at all.

I agree. I mostly play solo and I never really farm anything besides t1-2. I like to get an idea of how good my gear and builds are based on my performance in higher levels. I never farm at that though. I rift for shards/legs and bounties for gold and xp.

ferr

Here is what Blizzard needs to add. Once you beat a rift guardian (solo or co-op) on T6, a large amount of text with names (developers, designers, producers etc, sort of like a credits screen) should scroll through the window. At the end of that it should say "You won!" or "Thank you for playing!". Because what more can someone expect from a non-subscription based game?

I agree. I mostly play solo and I never really farm anything besides t1-2. I like to get an idea of how good my gear and builds are based on my performance in higher levels. I never farm at that though.

I like to gauge efficiency via measuring repeated runs with enough sample sizes to deal with the high variance in Rift layouts and density. I find that optimizing for lower torments vs. even T3/T4 gets tricky because of champ/elite HP scaling, and the builds and gear I would optimally use for fast low torment clears are actually quite different for optimal clears at medium torments.

edit: last to TP to boss is brilliant reopen criteria. I hate people with crackerjack boxes hopping in my games and slowing everyone else down. Efficiency plummets.

scy

Build variety seems fine at lower difficulties across all classes. It's really upper Torments that have the homogenization issue, and I'm not really sure if Wizards are even well off there either. Skills basically require the existence of legendaries that break them to be true endgame viable choices, and there's only so many legs that function like that, especially for non-Crusaders. Even Crusaders are limited at T6, though, to basically either a Gyrfalcon's Foote/Jekang/Holy build or a Akkhan's based perma-AC build. (Granted, there's a lot of room for variance within the second one of those, which is why I look forward to actually getting the set)

Most the build variety in Wizard comes from the choice of spender and some Elemental diversity. The skills are pretty static, though. They really have the same 2-3 primary builds as every other class (Mirrorball based, Archon based).

worst advice possible, you will need many thousands of blue and rare crafting mats for crafting and rerolling down the line, never ever stop salvaging unless you have at least 3stacks of each.
I burnt through 2000 rare mats yesterday alone making some aughild helmets and rolling sockets on a chestpiece

Which is what most people say. Get 2+ stacks of Veiled Crystals and then just vendor everything until you need some again. Personally, I just vendor everything that sells for 4k+ and salvage the rest until I have more-than-enough crystal.

eek5

Also why are almost all of the damned RIFers doing lowest para opens? Because that makes fucking sense. Let's have the person who probably has less keys open... because... I don't fucking know. And if they're not lowest para opens it's last in opens, which apparently fucks Mac users like me!

Lowest para opens:
500, 400, 180 joins

Highest para opens:
180, 20, 50 joins

I can lower HP on boss but it's easier to invite at 98% and then by the time I get boss everyone is loaded in to just smash it.

I always do lowest and have switched to lowest level/para so that people leveling their alts can get fucked and open the rift because they make everyone wait for them or contribute nothing to clearing.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member

To be fair it is more than just that. One of the biggest fixes is the elemental damage on weapons not working properly with %DMG. I will probably gain around 100 weapon DPS after the patch.

This site has all the upcoming changes in a neat parcel.

scy

To be fair it is more than just that. One of the biggest fixes is the elemental damage on weapons not working properly with %DMG. I will probably gain around 100 weapon DPS after the patch.

This site has all the upcoming changes in a neat parcel.

And the two standout changes are those ones. The rest are bug fixes. Not to discredit them or anything but the only real non-bugfixes are the bounty bags and blood shard change. At this point, I'm really hoping this patch has an early skill retune pass as well rather than just the Torment-scaling change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom