• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

Finally got the Fist of Az... after 330 Paragons!

gxR3dKI.gif

And it's completely buttocks but I don't care... I will use it all day!

Now the REAL grind begins... the true min/max.

Armaros

Now you made me sad I didn't roll wizard this season. Aether Walker would have made bounties so much more bearable. You can even cube it now and save your weapon slot for something else!

A few other classes also have high mobility farming builds. Monks for one.

Also monks probably has the easiest time farming with the Sage's set for DBs.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Has anyone here done the season conquest of clearing solo GR40 without using set bonuses? I want to do it on my monk with Shenlong (doesn't count) but having a hard time figuring out the build/gear.

kuYuri

Of course when I finally end up getting a rorg it ends up being the worst one in existence.

Should I just get its power in the cube and move on?

Absolutely. RoRG stats are not that great compared to other items, people only want it for its ability. Something like Convention of Elements is a great drop because it rolls guaranteed CC% and socket.

Absolutely. RoRG stats are not that great compared to other items, people only want it for its ability. Something like Convention of Elements is a great drop because it rolls guaranteed CC% and socket.
Yeah I was pretty pissed off until I remembered that Kanai is now a thing, what a life saver.

Also, I had a question regarding dual wielding. No matter what 2 one-handed weapons I equip, the game keeps telling me that my 2 handers do way more damage, is the game calculating this wrong or something? If so, how do I know when it's better to dual wield?

I'm a Monk if it matters.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
5 sentries shooting multishot arsenal covering the screen in something out of a bullet hell shooter might just be one of the best things I've ever seen in a videogame. I truly don't care if marauder is shit (which I'm sure it is, hell it's on the list for revamps in 2.4), I love it and its fire-y rocket-y goodness.

Jas

Ancient Shenlong weapon dropped for my Barb.

Ancient BK weapon dropped for my Witch Doctor.

I was planning on playing monk later in the season, haha.

ACE 1991

Man, all the new season talk makes me want to go finally play Reaper of Souls. Wish I had grabbed it when they were on sale for 20.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Are you in the guild Bomb?

Edit: wait you would be in the US one, nvm

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
JFC I wasn't even on for 2 minutes now and it's well past peak times for internet so I'm not even sure if it's Comcast. I'll just be playing perfectly fine then out of nowhere the game is completely frozen, then eventually it explodes like everything of the last 5 minutes happened at once and pops up a message that says I got disconnected. This is such shit.

GR 57 cleared, but it was a pretty god rift with easy as hell enemies. Might be possible to do 58 with my current gear, but there's a couple pieces that would help a lot. Namely a good Hellfire Amulet.

ZenaxPure

Has anyone here done the season conquest of clearing solo GR40 without using set bonuses? I want to do it on my monk with Shenlong (doesn't count) but having a hard time figuring out the build/gear.

I cleared it with my barbarian but every time I looked at the leaderboard there was like a shit load of monks on there, shouldn't be that hard really. Shenlong is not banned for that conquest (as only the class armor sets are banned) so I imagine Shenlong + F/R is more than enough damage to clear it since it is only T9.

Dice

tICONKB.jpg

How do you get your DPS up? The game keeps dropping garbage for me. Should I be playing a higher torment or something?

Dahbomb

If Shenlong is allowed then that makes that Conquest a lot easier. I didn't look at the whole list and figured that all of the sets were banned.

Yeah you can just make a Generator build with Shenlongs. Cube Flying Dragon, Depth Diggers, level up Simplicity Gem + Bane of Trapped + Bane of Stricken, equip Focus and Restraint, Crudest Boots for double Fire Ally damage, Aughilds set for the elite bonuses etc. Maybe use some proc Legendaries as well to take advantage of the Shenlong buff. You can even cube Broken Promise and put in maximum area damage and attack speed on gear.

Build I would use for Monk is:

Shenlong weapons
F+R Rings
Andariel Visage Helm (fire damage)
Cindercoat
Magefists
Crudest Boots
Witching Hour
Pox Faulds
Fan of Knives Shoulder
Spirit Guards Bracers

Cube: Flying Dragon, Depth Diggers, Convention of Elements or Brokem Promise for the 100% crit build.

Gems: Bane of Trapped, Simplicity Strength and one of Pain Enhancer/Golgok/Bane of Stricken.

Are 2p and 4p bonus of the listed sets forbidden too ?
If not just go for that

http://www.diablofans.com/builds/57396-quin69-gr69-generator-build

I'm preparing this gear but including sage's set just for a DB farming monk, probably will farm T8 with it, should be manageable
I'll probably even tweak it a bit more to include 4p thousand storms using RORG instead of unity in the cube, tanking T8 shouldn't be too much of an issue and no CD dashing strike is insane

Dice

crit chance and crit damage everywhere possible
Should hit 800k easily, 1M with ancient weapon
I don't get this. Legendaries that drop are usually shittier than what I have. To even try and reroll a category for crits, the whole thing has to be good to begin with, but then to do that for every piece of equipment... I want to think okay maybe it just takes time to farm those legendaries, but then I see people who did it in like 2 days, and even considering the possibility of them simply taking no breaks, it seems ridiculously fast/lucky compared to how long it takes for the game just to drop a single legendary for me, let alone a good one.

Farm rifts, abuse kadala, craft legendary weapons with the cube when you have 25 death's breaths
Once you have a 6p class set (ideally the current FOTM) you can blow up T6 easily

I don't get this. Legendaries that drop are usually shittier than what I have. To even try and reroll a category for crits, the whole thing has to be good to begin with, but then to do that for every piece of equipment... I want to think okay maybe it just takes time to farm those legendaries, but then I see people who did it in like 2 days, and even considering the possibility of them simply taking no breaks, it seems ridiculously fast/lucky compared to how long it takes for the game just to drop a single legendary for me, let alone a good one.

Getting your desired 6p class set is very important, your character's power will increase tenfold just from completing it.

It's all just luck though, Kadala's usually the way to go for armor.

ZenaxPure

If Shenlong is allowed then that makes that Conquest a lot easier. I didn't look at the whole list and figured that all of the sets were banned.

This is pretty much why I said the conquest isn't very well balanced really, it just really runs home how bad itemization outside of set items has been during Reaper of Souls.

Out of the top 100 players to get the conquest almost 50% of them are Witch Doctors. Pretty much no surprise since they have always had by and far the best class legendaries.

Barbs/Monks are in second around 20 players each no doubt due to the new HoTA bracers/Shenlongs.

Demon Hunters/Wizards have less than 10 each. Again no surprise since Demon Hunters like Monk/Barbs have had shit items for most of the expansion and the best Wizard non-set stuff got nerfed (namely Fire Magic Missile).

There is ONE single Crusader in the top 100. No idea how he did it (since you can't view hero details on the conquest leaderboards) but it's interesting. Again though this is no surprise, Crusaders probably have the most class legendaries (with orange text effects) in the entire game but all of them were created in a time when 1400% weapon damage per second was considered strong.

I'm not really complaining, I had a ton of fun getting that conquest, some of the most fun I've ever had in D3. But it's a really hilarious reminder of how this expansion has progressed over the past year.

Rhaknar

all "done" with T7, time to move on to T8. My biggest hurdle atm is survivability, as I get 1 shot a lot :/

Dreavus

I really want to test that SSS set but the pieces I have are just so shitty I can't do it. CAN'T DO IT.

Hybrid Inna's 4pc and sunwuko 4pc will have to do for now (I'm mostly restricted by my slots and what pieces I actually have). I can blow up T6 but I don't think I can push much higher. Need to get around to farming a RORG eventually.

Anyone know if the bonuses from these sets stack? Will my Mystic allies get a damage boost to their wave of lights? (I'm going to guess no but man that would be powerful as hell)

I did the 40 no set conquest on my WD and yeah it was pretty easy. Things to note is a lot of stuff is actually allowed. Specifically, Aughild and F+R are ok, and I'd say F+R is more or less required to make up for the lack of damage.

There's also some underused legendaries that do a lot of damage, such as the belt that throws knives whenever you attack, which basically adds 700% weapon damage to everything you do since there doesn't seem to be a cooldown on it, Firewalkers which add 400% weapon damage where you walk and Pox Fauld which generate a cloud doing 550% weapon damage for 5secs whenever you run into a pack. There's more too(Thundergod's Vigor, Andariel, the skeleton king mace etc) and getting a good selection of these passive damage legendaries will make up for the lack of 2pc sets fairly easily(not 6pc obviously, but you're only doing T9, not T10, so it's enough).

You also probably want to go back to elemental % stack with a single element build and use any strong class legendary you can. Bane of Stricken for the rift boss if your single target damage is bad, and definitely get an ancient weapon.

Once you combine all of these, the actual build I don't think matters too much, though Crusaders do have weird baseline for their abilities and stuff and I don't really know if it'd be that easy on one.

Nymerio

This is my fifth monk and it's the first time I'm not drowning in Focus/Restraint rings and Shenlong fists. Instead I'm drowning in Inna's and Uliana's pieces :(

Akai XIII

This is my fifth monk and it's the first time I'm not drowning in Focus/Restraint rings and Shenlong fists. Instead I'm drowning in Inna's and Uliana's pieces :(
It's the opposite for me, I've found one focus and two restraints in 500 Plvls. About 10 gifts, 14 Flying Dragons and 6 Lions Claws though.

Nymerio

It's the opposite for me, I've found one focus and two restraints in 500 Plvls. About 10 gifts, 14 Flying Dragons and 6 Lions Claws though.

wtf :(

No gifts here and no flying dragons either. I shouldn't complain too much though, I got the depth diggers, spirit guards, the exploding palm bracers and fist relatively early.

Wolfie5

tICONKB.jpg

How do you get your DPS up? The game keeps dropping garbage for me. Should I be playing a higher torment or something?

I am going to assume you don't have a socket on your weapon with a high lvl emerald in it. Cause that seems very low dps for a lvl 70 character. Either that or you are using a weapon that is not lvl 70.
EDIT:
If you don't have a socket roll one and put in an emerald (flawless royal emerald is highest and will give you 130% CD).

Lanrutcon

Ok, future Monk dudes. I know you're going to be spamming Stupidly Severe Strike when you get the levels and the gear. You'll be so very excited that you won't stop to notice the 3 other monks in your grift group. You won't think to change your mantra, or slot in a madstone. Don't be that guy. Know how your build works when there are multiple EP users.

Dice

Wolfie5

that's the trick?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/dicetrain-1617/hero/65528725

I made some changes since that build based on advice here, but overall still similar.

Edit: Okay I just did what I could for now and have a royal emerald in both and now I'm at 388k.

Unfortunately I can't see stats on items on my phone, but you can also (if lucky with rolls)have 100 CD on your amulet and 50 on gloves, rings and paragon. And if you are not going for Ulianas build, than you should try get CC on your gloves, bracers, helmet, amulet and rings. There is also certain legs that also have CC or CD, like the belt witching hour can have 50 CD. Try to have around 50 CC and as high CD as possible.

Also I would at least put dex gems on my body armor instead of all res.
Then there are bonuses that doesn't show up on your DPS sheet, like cold dmg and skill increase dmg that would boost your dmg a lot depending what skills you use. So don't trust DPS sheet too much.

that's the trick?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/dicetrain-1617/hero/65528725

I made some changes since that build based on advice here, but overall still similar.

Edit: Okay I just did what I could for now and have a royal emerald in both and now I'm at 388k.

Well yeah, weapons HAVE to have a socket and you HAVE to socket emeralds, the highest possible you can use, that's not very good design but that's how the game works atm. Any weapon without a socket you have to reroll a stat into a socket, and you can't really use any other type of gem(red is nice for leveling though).

Other than that, your toughness seems way high, resocket your armor with dex gems(again upgrade them as high as you can) instead of resist all. Replace your lvl 36 ring asap though I guess the demons still do decent damage at low torment. If you want tankiness, get the passive that gives all resist for individual secondary stat resist, it's the best defensive passive in the game more or less(swampland attunement from WDs is also very good). After that it's mostly a matter of replacing your gear with set stuff as you find it.

Dice

Replace your lvl 36 ring asap though I guess the demons still do decent damage at low torment.
They do twice a crit exploding palm, for whatever reason. It is godlike. They are thus actually useful for activating exploding palm after I have laid it on several enemies. Until I get better equipment it's a big disadvantage to get rid of it.

That said, I just got a legendary focus for my enchantress follower and so I crafted a bunch of shit for her and now she's doing almost as much damage as me and has her cooldowns cut in half. Sweeeet.

Then there are bonuses that doesn't show up on your DPS sheet, like cold dmg and skill increase dmg that would boost your dmg a lot depending what skills you use. So don't trust DPS sheet too much.
Oh yeah I have a lot going on with damage bonus on my main skills and elemental damage bonuses. I also have a gem from my recent greater rift venture that boosts my basics another 26.5%.

Does someone have the numbers for resist armor and health and how you should be looking to build those. At what point should one be building up health over resist?

Take vit in every slot where it doesn't take a necessary affix (mostly CDR/CHC/CHD). Generally that's helm, pants, chest, belt, boots, shoulders, bracers.
Generally stacking all res is better because it has higher values on gear (since 10 armor = 1 res, but generally all res affixes are +100 and armor affixes are 350-600)

If you have a big % boost to either armor or all res, take this stat instead, % increases are better the higher the stat is (ie crusaders with +150% armor on prophet should think about maxing armor)

Does someone have the numbers for resist armor and health and how you should be looking to build those. At what point should one be building up health over resist?

You get health on the slots that can get it without hurting your other stats necessary for your build, this kinda depends on the build.

For example pants always have vit pretty much, because you get main stat, vit, sockets then either primary % if you use it a lot or armor/all resist. The other slots, it depends, you'll often be able to get a skill % but maybe your build doesn't use any of these skills, or cooldown reduction, or ressource cost reduction, or elemental damage %(on bracers), so if you don't need these, you'll roll vit. That means there's generally a finite amount of slots you can actually roll vit on, and you probably want to roll vit on all of these. Some slots you're not getting vit on(often gloves, rings, amulet, helm if you need skill%) so everything else should have vit when possible.

For armor/all resist, it's mostly, if your class gets armor from main stat(dex/str classes), then gear all resist, if your class gets all resist from main stat(int), gear for armor. There can be exceptions but it's a good rule to follow. And like vit, those are filler stats, you use them if you can't use anything better for damage. Damage is king and toughness is usually obtained via legendary/set effects(damage reduction and stuff) as well as legendary gems and unity if soloing.

all "done" with T7, time to move on to T8. My biggest hurdle atm is survivability, as I get 1 shot a lot :/

Pretty much Torment 8+ for Demon Hunters. I know the feeling.

I think my DH is capped at GR 44-45ish unless I get....

A better focus and restraint, an ancient bow, another Unity, decent Hellfire ammy.... or all of the above =)

I'm actually not sure which set has higher GR potential out of UE or nats, but I'm sticking with UE for now because it's a LOT more fun.

Sölf

That moment, when you do 2 Rifts and 1 Greater Rift and don't get a single legenday or set item, while your friend get like 4+ random drops and 1 from the Greater Rift Guardian.

Firemind

Sölf;177437360 said:
That moment, when you do 2 Rifts and 1 Greater Rift and don't get a single legenday or set item, while your friend get like 4+ random drops and 1 from the Greater Rift Guardian.
We can't all be awesome like monks.

Dice

Okay I'm at 408k now and with my badass sidekick I feel I'm on track for farming at a fun speed and I know what to do to build my might. Thanks guys.

Does wearing items from a set increase your chances of drops from that set? I ask because I got two more blackthorne surcoats while I was wearing one. I finally got a uliana coat so hopefully that increases my chances of other pieces from that set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom