• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Oh yay, first leg of the day is a se--waaaait a minute...
HKsh4uv.jpg
-___-

So fuck the RRoG, I"ll just find every piece of the WW set. lol. I need to find better pieces, but I instantly went T7-T8 viable last night. I just need a focus and a helfire ammy.

Baliis

Blizzard's Monk bias is finally showing!

It is pretty face roll. I did a... 56 last night I think? with some friends and never came close to getting killed, I just hold down left click and hit SSS on cooldown. I had like 300mil toughness at points from all the damage reduction while still critting 100% for over a billion every SSS hit.

Lanrutcon

It is pretty face roll. I did a... 56 last night I think? with some friends and never came close to getting killed, I just hold down left click and hit SSS on cooldown. I had like 300mil toughness at points from all the damage reduction while still critting 100% for over a billion every SSS hit.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that it's less faceroll than WW Barbs.

Dice

Really hard to get into this when I keep getting disconnected from the server just often enough to fuck me out of caches. They need to figure out some kind of solution to that because it's bullshit.

Really hard to get into this when I keep getting disconnected from the server just often enough to fuck me out of caches. They need to figure out some kind of solution to that because it's bullshit.

Its gotta be your location or ISP. Even with USB tether with my phone, I don't ever get disconnected. Ive had a rare crash, but the last time I DCd was probably in mid 2014.

Dice

Its gotta be your location or ISP. Even with USB tether with my phone, I don't ever get disconnected. Ive had a rare crash, but the last time I DCd was probably in mid 2014.
Oh the disconnection is definitely Comcast, but the getting screwed out of caches is their stupid game design that can't keep track of which bounties were ticked if you get DC'd instead of logging out properly.

Addnan

Oh the disconnection is definitely Comcast, but the getting screwed out of caches is their stupid game design that can't keep track of which bounties were ticked if you get DC'd instead of logging out properly.

If you play with others can get them to invite you back into the game, but other than that not much more to be done :/

Armaros

Oh yay, first leg of the day is a se--waaaait a minute...
-___-

I've gotten 4 of the pants for that set from Kadala.

Yayyyy.

In better news, 4 pc talrasha and 4 of delesre. Just need two more talrasha. Slow Time so gud. Also got a Primus for all the Slow Time runes.

Damn bugged bounties, stopped checking today and what do you know, bugged act V bounty so missed out on the caches. "Luckily" it was the last act to do so I got the rest and can just do non bonus V later on or whatever. Also hate leechers in pub bounty run that seem to actively make it more annoying to do. I mean I get it, you want free gear and stuff, whatever, but don't take 30secs to accept the boss invites.

I need like 4 more bounty runs but I'm getting really bored of them now. The sooner I can never have to run them again the better.

RS4-

3 pieces of Uli, haven't bothered to get rorg because fuck bounties; but no mad stone.

Still have a trash Lion Claw, no fist.

3 pieces of Uli, haven't bothered to get rorg because fuck bounties; but no mad stone.

Still have a trash Lion Claw, no fist.

Look on the bright side. When you finally get the RRoG you won't have to farm act I anymore when getting cube mats.

At least this is what I tell myself

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Hoping for some opinions on how to enchant my ancient lions claw, this is my character profile.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Aliencowz7-1545/hero/65250493

I know I want to get 10 cool down reduction on it and I figure I would re roll the vitality but it being a perfect 1000 roll is giving me pause. Guess I would be asking would the 10 CDR absolutely outdo the 1000 vit in any case?

Ditch the vit you've got nearly 600k hp, the CDR should help your survivability more than vit does.

Admodieus

Should hit 70 tonight on my Season 4 Monk. What's the best course of action when I get there? Gamble for/cube legendary fist weapons and hope for Lion's Claw?

Dark_castle

I have an ancient Scrimshaw which right in the middle within the damage range, and has a crappy CDR that could be reroll to meaty vit. Any suggestion on which stat to fix? For WD.

I have an ancient Scrimshaw which right in the middle within the damage range, and has a crappy CDR that could be reroll to meaty vit. Any suggestion on which stat to fix? For WD.

I'm roughly in the same boat, average damage roll and life on hit. I'm going to do some more GRs to decide if I need more vit or not, I already have 850k health so I'm not hurting too much in that regard and I guess more damage would be nice, but it's also 1000vit if I bother rolling that which might become relevant as I progress past 60.

Zvolen12

Neo Member
Area damage apparently was recently made good so yeah if you have a build that is limited in aoe, it'll help a lot. Quin is stacking it for SSS monk. I honestly can never tell when Area Damage procs and how much dmg it does but you've got high rank ppl like Quin stacking it so it must be good.

Area damage is much better now after they fixed some issues with it.

At least for Uliana's Monk it's pretty insane because Area damage procs off of AOE attacks too and the AOE attacks of the Palm explosions hit for more area damage. So for that set up with Broken Promise you generally want CDR, Area damage and CHD as your primary offensive stats on the Gloves and Jewelry.

The general idea is that area damage ends up being better than quite a lot of other stats if you are hitting more than 6 enemies in a 10 yard area. So in dense zones area damage gets a lot of value.

The math is a bit more complicated than just that of course but the gist of it is that area damage is actually a good stat now for the most part. There are some bugs that still persist with it and you have to check if your build is suited for area damage or not (some skills might still not work like some Crusader skills).

That's 30000%... welcome to EARTH SON!

Also how are they going to use this on the console version? I thought DHs couldn't use Melee weapons on the console version.

They should probably flip the 2nd and 4th set bonuses as well.

This is probably a set where area damage would make a lot of sense. Getting that Impale to AOE cleave is critical to get any value out of that set. Then again just having that 1000% damage bonus is enough... there's no way that stays as is.

Thanks for the replies, I guess I will have to look more specifically at barbs to see if its worthwhile.

Man I'm trying to push GR 57 and it really shows at this level how important layout, density, and mob type can be. Ghosts? Fuck no. Act V shithole? Nope. Plenty aren't sufficiently dense to make it on time, regardless of everything else.

Man I'm trying to push GR 57 and it really shows at this level how important layout, density, and mob type can be. Ghosts? Fuck no. Act V shithole? Nope. Plenty aren't sufficiently dense to make it on time, regardless of everything else.

It's one of my larger complains about the GR system and it's randomness. It's actually probably my only complaint HAHA. Its adds an RNG element to the leader boards. It encourages people to skip elite packs and hope for pylons nears rift bosses.

ON a semi related note:

IMO people shouldn't really be pushing these high of GR's so soon into a season anyway. Compared to old inferno this shits a cake walk to level and gear up.

Yeh just attempted (and later on succeeded) 60 and 61 and when I opened one Gr60 and saw a Winged Assassin I just noped right out of there. Those things instantly jump and damage you.

Xeroblade

Well early on I think you want like companion wolf, vault tumble, two random skills(can be vengeance any rune, preparation with hatred rune, marked for death with spread or hatred rune or sentries other than chain or whatever you like though those are the better options iirc), then one builder and one spender, with the spender probably being multishot with the reduced cost rune since it's the most efficient with no gear and the builder anything that gives more hatred per shot(most people use retreating shot with the cold rune I think it was, so you don't move around, get armor and it generates additional hatred iirc, it's what most endgame builds use). Then you kinda kill stuff until you start finding gear that will better define what skills you want.

Passives would be a choice of Tactical Advantage(good especially when you don't have many other options for movement speed), Blood Vengeance(great especially before you get Reaper's Wraps crafted), Steady Aim(in general a flat 20% dmg increase), Cull the Weak(if you have a reliable way to slow stuff in your skills, like say cold sentry), Custom Engineering if you went sentries and Ambush. Night Stalker and Awareness are also good I believe, but might be more specific in use and probably better for later.

Thank you for taking the time to say this. Will defiantly help me out!

ZenaxPure

RNG is annoying but it's workable, the 57 I cleared this morning was a ghost rift on the ice cave map. For ghosts you just have to learn to only fight them when they are hanging out with other dudes. And in general for density you just have to get into the habit of making your own. It's not worth it to stop and kill like 5 white mobs in a high 50 GR because in most cases you can't one shot them, instead you just have to round up multiple groups and start killing them that way. Once that pack starts running low you just move on to the next one and let the leftover mobs follow you. Champs/Elites are the same way, don't fight them alone always try to kite them to other packs of enemies.

And yeah pylons are important to clearing (kinda less important for bosses nowadays compared to the past). It's less of an issue than it used to be though because you are guaranteed to get multiple pylons per GR now, you just have to find them. That comes down to knowing where they spawn on the tile set you are currently on, basically just experience.

Celegus

let's run some t8 ubers!!

Me too me too! I have the worst luck with those stupid amulets.
As someone returning to 2.3, what's the best way to get the new power creep gear? GRs or higher T6+ (wat) rifts?

Get the cube from Act 3 and then run rifts to gather mats if you're low. Death's Breath is invaluable now, so start picking them up again if you stopped like the rest of us.

Well mostly I guess I'm asking if it's more efficient to run GRs or high Torment rifts. Or if there's no difference?

Well you have to run rifts to be able to run GRs, since you need keys. For gearing purposes though, normal rifts are a lot better, they drop death breath and in general more items, especially the higher torment ones. GRs are good for leveling your gems, but once you have your gems at 25 I'd farm rifts until you build a good base of keys and have some good gear before progressing through GRs again, though that's really up to you. Also GRs are unlocked until 47 if you clear a T10 rift, so you don't have to worry about catching up slowly or whatever.

One thing to note however, GRs give a ton more xp, especially if you slot some xp% gear like a ruby in your helm. Great for building up paragon points quickly.

Celegus

Well mostly I guess I'm asking if it's more efficient to run GRs or high Torment rifts. Or if there's no difference?

Speed GRs are probably the most efficient if that's what you're going for, but now that crafting mats feed into the cube, it's hard to say. Honestly I would just do whatever you feel like, mix it up. Speed GRs, T10s, pushing your current best GR, it's all good.

Firemind

Aether Walker made bounty running a breeze. So happy I got it early in the season.
Now you made me sad I didn't roll wizard this season. Aether Walker would have made bounties so much more bearable. You can even cube it now and save your weapon slot for something else!

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Does this also apply to the generator build as well? Generator needs Epiphany up constantly.

It would, but broken promises doesn't actually work well with most builds which have AoE attacks. Each hit on an enemy has its own chance to crit, and if it crits on any of them then that attack is treated as a crit as far as Broken Promises is concerned.

Since the third hit from generators hits AoE, it becomes very unlikely to get 5 in a row when you're in the group of enemies you've brought in with cyclone strike.

It's surprising that it works for Uliana's. Somehow, the exploding palm explosions aren't included (maybe because they're treated as item procs instead of attacks?). It just counts the individual hits and applications of EP, which are all single target and happen very quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom