• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lanrutcon

Healer Monks are stupid broken. Ran with a Healer Monk, Barb and WD (me as the splodey fist Monk) and grift 54 was an absolute joke. Nobody died, nobody needed defensive cooldowns, nobody's health dipped. We stood in every explosion, we facetanked every elite. We were stacking so many debuffs on the enemy that our damage was going through the roof (was hitting for 1.6 billion before I even started stacking +damage from gems).

Healer Monks are stupid broken. Ran with a Healer Monk, Barb and WD (me as the splodey fist Monk) and grift 54 was an absolute joke. Nobody died, nobody needed defensive cooldowns, nobody's health dipped. We stood in every explosion, we facetanked every elite. We were stacking so many debuffs on the enemy that our damage was going through the roof (was hitting for 1.6 billion before I even started stacking +damage from gems).

Well I did clear a GR55 without dying once on my uliana monk, so it's not like surviving in 54 is that much of an issue

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Slowly marching toward BiS on my monk and it feels good seeing the steady progress. 4/6 on Uliana set, and finally got Gungdo. Not having much luck on weapons. Got two Lion's Claws, but the damage was really low on them, and no Az'turrasq yet. Gonna have to make due with Flying Dragon for now.

On the whole, though, it's nice to finally push into the mid-Torment difficulties now. =)

Healer Monk and ignore pain from barb so op.

And you know how many of the 2billion Monks in the EU GAF clan has a heal build or secondary heal monk?

0 currently.

There's no help telling them either. So I just made on myself, despite having a support WD and several damage WDs that I should be playing instead x_x

Then again, maybe time to fresh up my play with a new class for a bit.

And you know how many of the 2billion Monks in the EU GAF clan has a heal build or secondary heal monk?

0 currently.

There's no help telling them either. So I just made on myself, despite having a support WD and several damage WDs that I should be playing instead x_x

a lot of people can't really play heal monk because lmao no lv 70 set plan drops
Hopefully they fix it today

Lanrutcon

Well I did clear a GR55 without dying once on my uliana monk, so it's not like surviving in 54 is that much of an issue

Try surviving in 54 without popping any defensive cooldowns :) because that's what we were doing. The monk was keeping everyone alive by himself. I have no idea what he was doing, but I didn't even bother refreshing my dodge or using epiphany.

GorillaJu

Try surviving in 54 without popping any defensive cooldowns :) because that's what we were doing. The monk was keeping everyone alive by himself. I have no idea what he was doing, but I didn't even bother refreshing my dodge or using epiphany.

If I understand correctly they basically just run all mantras, sanctuary, and vacuum shit in.

a lot of people can't really play heal monk because lmao no lv 70 set plan drops
Hopefully they fix it today

In EU GAF clan it's rather that they find EP monk to be ultra cool and only want to play that!...

"Oh and could we please leech some higher tier rifts?"

Why don't you leech higher tier rifts...as a healing/XP monk and actually be useful that way while still getting the same drops?

Lanrutcon

In EU GAF clan it's rather that they find EP monk to be ultra cool and only want to play that!...

"Oh and could we please leech some higher tier rifts?"

Why don't you leech higher tier rifts...as a healing/XP monk and actually be useful that way while still getting the same drops?

You sound bitter. Maybe your problem is less with people's builds and more that you get asked to carry folks too often?

What this comes down for me to is that Blizzard need to implement saved gear|skill sets/switching. Would make running multiple builds in a serious fashion a lot easier than the current situation. Also, more stash space.

I don't mind carrying as long as people are the slightest bit willing to cooperate. It IS a bit frustrating if you in return ask for anyone to go proper support monk at least and not one out of ~10 active monks even considers it. It should also be quite obvious to just go buff/debuffs when you usually run T8 or less and are joining a TX instead. Your damage is likely negligible so helping otherwise is appreciated.

I agree that the lack of loadouts is annoying, but since support characters share little of the gear it's easy to just make a second one. And people get powerleveled to 70 left and right, so that isn't an issue.

GorillaJu

Anyone on US servers right now want to try this TX 3 minute rift together? I am starting to think it'd be a lot easier with a partner.

Lanrutcon

I don't mind carrying as long as people are the slightest bit willing to cooperate. It IS a bit frustrating if you in return ask for anyone to go proper support monk at least and not one out of ~10 active monks even considers it. It should also be quite obvious to just go buff/debuffs when you usually run T8 or less and are joining a TX instead. Your damage is likely negligible so helping otherwise is appreciated.

I agree that the lack of loadouts is annoying, but since support characters share little of the gear it's easy to just make a second one. And people get powerleveled to 70 left and right, so that isn't an issue.

Tell you what. I'll look into a support build and then we form a service where we charge people for their level 60 grift conquests.

Edit: Speaking of which, got a link the new Monk healing build?

Firemind

Because you're playing on softcore. People just want to see things explode. If you have to tell people not to use the same mantra or warcry then obviously they're not bothered by it. Shit, random pubs in the original inferno didn't even bother to change warcry buffs.

Lanrutcon

Checked the build, and I don't have the gear since it's weird shit that no-one would wear while soloing. I'm not even sure I have the recipes for the crafts.

Wallach

After getting a few more pieces of Nat's gear I managed 60 solo on the DH this morning. Seems like I'm pushing it as far as my Paragon and iffy gear is concerned. I wound up doing it without BotT and using a level 44 Stricken instead. With the Conquest out of the way I'm probably not going to go back to solo GR pushing until I'm way better geared and can level my gems in groups.

Addnan

0 currently.

Post in communities and look for good groups. Don't have to always look in clans for games.

I love how insane this game looks to outsiders. That gif makes no sense at all lmao.

You'll get there if you stick to it. Enjoy it while you are still new to the game. Will just get crazier if you keep blasting.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
You'll get there if you stick to it. Enjoy it while you are still new to the game. Will just get crazier if you keep blasting.
Already there. Still doesn't make sense just looking at it objectively.

ZenaxPure

Man if we had done that boss conquest yesterday we would've gotten into the top 1000 for it.

Yeah this conquest was weird, me and my group made it on there at #621 which surprised me because I figured it would have been completely full (as all the other conquests except the 2 minute rift were full by that point). The boss one took a surprising amount of time to fill up for how easy it was.

Tarazet

Pretty much no one running 6 wastes uses Rend because the damage of Rend is pretty bad without the damage modifiers of F/R AND IK6 which obviously you can't use alongside 6 piece wastes. Without F/R and IK6 Rend is a negligible 1320% weapon damage per second which is poop when you consider you are shooting out multiple tornadoes per second (based on attack speed) that hit for 2500% weapon damage. Also anytime you stop using WW to cast Rend you take 40% more damage which can lead to instant death sometimes on higher difficulties.

And yeah like mentioned before Skull Grasp is terrible. It doesn't effect dust devils which is where all your damage comes from, but, it's also just additive damage. So it turns WW into at most a 800% weapon damage attack (if you use the fire rune) which is pretty much shit-tier in the current game.

Took the advice given in this thread and I'm pretty happy. Still experimenting with the ring choice for group play, for now Obsidian Ring seems to be pulling its weight. Of course Unity is unbeatable solo.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Tarazet-1231/hero/65422137

Tarazet

weird belt choice lol, got nothing better ?

Yeah, I blew up a lot of belts when I thought I would be using 6 IK for the whole season. Still need to get another Harrington's for the IAS. Also, for lols, look at how my templar's Echoing Fury rolled right out of the box. Wish I could get something useful that rolled like that. I guess those Lacuni Prowlers are pretty good, but I had to reroll to get Strength on them.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness

Checked the build, and I don't have the gear since it's weird shit that no-one would wear while soloing. I'm not even sure I have the recipes for the crafts.

The only essential part is Inna's 2 piece bonus and crudest boots for the regen itself. 4 piece is nice to have. The others are just for cooldown reduction to chain Inner Sanctuary and Blinding Flash in higher GR (65+?).

I've been running mine with exp bonus gear.

mileS

So what if someone doesn't want to run the healing Monk support role? This is the first season with the new set and despite what some people think the set (uliana's) can be difficult/long to put together. Wasn't until I hit paragon 325 that I got everything I needed. On top of that it's just plain fun. Tons of fun and its a relaxing playstyle. Can you really blame people for wanting to play that setup a bit more right now?

Yes. I can understand if you have a set group... and you wanted to push 65+ Anything lower than that and Uliana's is fine. It just comes across sounding really bitter. Like oh I read on diablofans this is the best group setup WHY ARENT YOU MONKS LISTENING!?

Dahbomb

So what if someone doesn't want to run the healing Monk support role? This is the first season with the new set and despite what some people think the set (uliana's) can be difficult/long to put together. Wasn't until I hit paragon 325 that I got everything I needed. On top of that it's just plain fun. Tons of fun and its a relaxing playstyle. Can you really blame people for wanting to play that setup a bit more right now?

Yes. I can understand if you have a set group... and you wanted to push 65+ Anything lower than that and Uliana's is fine. It just comes across sounding really bitter. Like oh I read on diablofans this is the best group setup WHY ARENT YOU MONKS LISTENING!?
Because players are greedy that's why.

I think a group with one Uliana's is fine (or that trash clearing Monk build) but you definitely need another support Monk in there. So two Monks and two Barbs works fine (or two other DPS).

Lanrutcon

The only essential part is Inna's 2 piece bonus and crudest boots for the regen itself. 4 piece is nice to have. The others are just for cooldown reduction to chain Inner Sanctuary and Blinding Flash in higher GR (65+?).

I've been running mine with exp bonus gear.

Will give it a whirl tomorrow. If only to get the 60 grift conquest out of the way, even though I can solo 56 fairly well.

Taz

0 currently.

Good news EU Gaf will soon have 1 I need me some lvls because I've done GR 55 on my Monk and to push it's just min/maxing, bad news is I don't play much other than at night when the misses and the little fella are a sleep.

I don't agree with moaning about carry people because you can just not invite them in the first place, I enjoy carrying people because at the end of the day if I can do T8 solo with three people then I get more exploot.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Man, really feeling it with the lack of Flow of Eternity in my cube. There's times now where I'm just wiggling around waiting on the cooldown. =p

Ingeniero

So after 1.5 days of play, my seasonal barb is decent enough to farm T4-T5.
Just hit P87.
The changes are very nice (didn't play since season 1)

Btw I look for the old clan and only found GAFO, is this the one? Sent a request.

lPGh3ir.png

Wonder if it is about time I actually made a witch doctor now lol

I seem to have a knack for getting really good items for classes I don't actually play.

Nokterian

Finally got restraint ring on my monk through the cube thank god for that. Also a lot of cooldown on all skills on my gear soo much fun now with sss just instant explosions everywhere!

Yep that's my experience with grouping with monks. Screenwide insta gibbing.

They also seem to be best support role too with that regen hax shit.

I can't get a Templat Relic with the immortality ability. I must have gone through at least 8 legendary upgrades in the cube today with no luck. At the same time I got the Scoundrel/Enchantress equivalents whilst farming Death's breaths.

So they've made it easy to get legendaries or sets with rare -> legendary recipe or reroll sets, i think they should as well make ramaladni gift a craft recipe... come on this shit wont drop.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
So they've made it easy to get legendaries or sets with rare -> legendary recipe or reroll sets, i think they should as well make ramaladni gift a craft recipe... come on this shit wont drop.

I'd be really surprised if they don't add the Gift functionality to the Cube at some point.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Did a 50 greater rift but barely and only once, feels like it was just luck as I struggled with (and failed sometimes) 48s and 49s after.

I "only" need Mask of jeram now but I doubt that will be that big a boost in the cube over tasker and theo tbh so it seems I'm more or less capped at 50 with carnevil until I upgrade to ancients. Or until i play better lol, i die alot in those high rifts. Tbh tho that's T10 so I'm happy, and might start scaling back down a bit as I'm getting a bit burned out. Good timing on Rexxar release since I've been wanting to get back oven to Heroes lately.

Armaros

Did a 50 greater rift but barely and only once, feels like it was just luck as I struggled with (and failed sometimes) 48s and 49s after.

I "only" need Mask of jeram now but I doubt that will be that big a boost in the cube over tasker and theo tbh so it seems I'm more or less capped at 50 with carnevil until I upgrade to ancients. Or until i play better lol, i die alot in those high rifts. Tbh tho that's T10 so I'm happy, and might start scaling back down a bit as I'm getting a bit burned out. Good timing on Rexxar release since I've been wanting to get back oven to Heroes lately.

Mask of Jeram is one of the biggest damage boosts for WD outside of set bonuses for pet builds, between TnT and Jeram, Jeram for sure, carnevil is 100% wear jeram or carnevil and cube the other.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Mask of Jeram is one of the biggest damage boosts for WD outside of set bonuses for pet builds, between TnT and Jeram, Jeram for sure, carnevil is 100% wear jeram or carnevil and cube the other.

Aye, I've gotten multiple Carns but no Jeram yet.

Sober

They seem to have replaced gobelin packs
They're such a pain in the dick to clear as a melee class though :/ Monks and crusader especially, ww barbs can deal with them easily
I've gotten more goblin packs than I've seen bandit shrines since they nerfed their appearance rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom