• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the rest are for monks.

Yeah I know, I just think D3 is lousy with Wizards and from vanilla on seem to always be the favored class. I got one to 70 with RoS and just didn't like it, so I am bitter about them for no other reason than personal bias. I am currently a pissesy DH and mildly butthurt Crusader. hehe

ferr

Nothing really cool for anyone, I'd say. The wizard helm's weaker than Andariel's and requires low-AP condition to trigger it. The WD mojo could be good if the effect had good uptime, but I expect "chance to" translates to "15 second internal cooldown". Rakanishu's blade is so situational... might be worth bringing along if you happen to be farming a unique in a zone with fallen. Murlocket doesn't have enough affixes to be used, so it's still just a toy item.

I hope they read those threads where people were posting legendary ideas because I've seen many better suggestions than what they've come up with so far here.

It's pretty bad when all(?) of the ladder-only items have very boring/trash affixes. Do they just not want to print out any more game changers because it's too hard to balance I wonder? I would have thought there would have been at least one item that stood out and gave me the I NEED THAT feels. But it's still early, maybe the data isn't all there.

Bunch of crappy weapons that you might never get even when playing ladder, plus they are making it really easy for Monks not to play ladder with all the lack of Monk specific weapons/items. the only thing that interests me from that is this:

falconstrikea0qdx.png

Celegus

So I guess ladders are going to be real after all? I was never sure if that was just something people were hoping for, or a real thing.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
So I guess ladders are going to be real after all? I was never sure if that was just something people were hoping for, or a real thing.

Yup, they're targeted for the big 2.1 content patch (not the smaller one coming up first)

Edit: Maybe in 2.0.5 after all, according to the tweet Josh just posted?

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
What ladders is?

They start up a new "season" which is like a new server for people to start new characters on. Nothing carries over to the new server. The old server with your current gear+characters stays available to play separately if you don't want to participate.

They show leaderboards for how people are progressing in the season, so people have fun competing.

There will be some legendary items that only drop in the ladder games.

When the season ends, your gear, paragon experience and characters come back into your regular account (so it isn't as much of a waste of time), and then after some time they'll start up a new season and do it all over again.

th3dude

I'm confused, does this affect GAFMAX too?

We decided to consolidate all 3 of the NA GAF clans into one. This was mainly due to the huge number of inactives in each clan.

The new clan is called NeoGAF. You can request an invite from any of the officers in game or just ask around in GAF community chat. Should be easy to get in.

Firemind

THESE are the ladder exclusive items?

They really have no clue what made D2 appealing, do they?

No throwbacks to D2 either except the Gull dagger, which amusingly had MF, so I'm not exactly hopeful on the rest of the items being desirable.

w4ttsup

We decided to consolidate all 3 of the NA GAF clans into one. This was mainly due to the huge number of inactives in each clan.

The new clan is called NeoGAF. You can request an invite from any of the officers in game or just ask around in GAF community chat. Should be easy to get in.

Any requirements on getting in? Obviously this is my first post on GAF but I've been a lurker for quite a long time.

I play on average around 10-15 hrs/week and sometimes more and would like to get into a community that's fun and active.

Cheers!

RDreamer

Ok infinite Tempest Rush is too fun. I might really try and gather some pieces for a legit build of that. I was just playing around by taking all my fire equips from my DH and putting them on my monk along with a daibo (one that gives tempest rush the tailwind rune). You pretty much get the permanent buff from the movement passive if you put that on. Also had a helm that gives a bunch of spirit when using blinding flash. I wasn't losing spirit though, but that could come in handy if I got rid of some of my spirit regen for damage.

Basically want to do a build of infinite tempest rush with epiphany and seven sided strike. Basically infinite rush and then bam epiphany to SSS for elites.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Any requirements on getting in? Obviously this is my first post on GAF but I've been a lurker for quite a long time.

I play on average around 10-15 hrs/week and sometimes more and would like to get into a community that's fun and active.

Cheers!

Requirements are just that you are a member of GAF and you actively play D3.

sn1pes has good info in his post for getting an invite.

Officers are:
sn1pes - Leader
Ashodin
scy
Fenderputty
IceMarker
Granadier
Bl4ckSunsh1n3

You can PM one of us on here, or ask in Community GAF chat. I won't be able to do invites until tonight.

5 rifts on my wizard this morning without a legendary. After killing the boss in the 5th, I kept clearing and just before I finished, I dropped a Haunt of Vaxo. I said in clan chat...

9KGA2tf.png

Too bad it rolled arcane dmg or I could max the INT.

dDvjKCa.png

I'm happy with that though.

RDreamer

I hate you both.

You know what I got?

Another fucking promise of glory bracer. Same as my last leg last night. A fucking bugged legendary!

... but really, congrats.

Azulsky

What is the point of making new legs with no unique affixes.

Its just diluting the pool making good ones harder and harder to get

joesmokey

Elemental damage does not suffer from diminishing returns. It scales linearly.
It scales linearly with base damage, yes. If you're starting to sacrifice base stats for purely more elemental damage when you already have enough, you have to do more careful calculations than just "more elemental damage is better!".

Deadly

Those season legendaries suck. Hopefully some of those without special effects get one added or else wow fuck ladders.

Some of the item icons look cool though, I'll give them that.

Ok infinite Tempest Rush is too fun. I might really try and gather some pieces for a legit build of that. I was just playing around by taking all my fire equips from my DH and putting them on my monk along with a daibo (one that gives tempest rush the tailwind rune). You pretty much get the permanent buff from the movement passive if you put that on. Also had a helm that gives a bunch of spirit when using blinding flash. I wasn't losing spirit though, but that could come in handy if I got rid of some of my spirit regen for damage.

Basically want to do a build of infinite tempest rush with epiphany and seven sided strike. Basically infinite rush and then bam epiphany to SSS for elites.

This basically what my Reduced cooldown monk build is. I have like 67% reduced cooldown and the staff that reduces SSS even further. My spirit never dropped when in TR. Epiphany wasn't down long and when it was I was using SSS.

Eek plays it similar too. It is fun.

Insaniac

yes, let's complain about these legendaries which we are totally sure won't change, nor will be updated at any point between now and when they actually are implemented in to the game

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Those season legendaries suck. Hopefully some of those without special effects get one added or else wow fuck ladders.

Some of the item icons look cool though, I'll give them that.

I think it's pretty obvious the remaining items will get legendary effects.

Draft

^^^ The game already has a bunch of boring legendaries that are just yellow items with the chance to roll higher stat, so it's not insane to look at the leak and think, boy, more boring legendaries.

taybul

Maybe it's their compromise to not making ladders seem mandatory for end-game (lol) gear? Either way ladders still seems to me like a race of who gets luckiest first.

Celegus

I think it's pretty obvious the remaining items will get legendary effects.

I mean, the list that was posted specifically says: These legendaries don't have affixes on yet. Not sure how much more plain you can get. Does anyone really think they're gonna add 30 legandaries that do nothing special?

Totakeke

I mean, the list that was posted specifically says: These legendaries don't have affixes on yet. Not sure how much more plain you can get. Does anyone really think they're gonna add 30 legandaries that do nothing special?

Nah, better make our voice heard now. What if they actually really released a bunch of legendaries with no special properties? If we complain after they're out it'll take another half a year before we get what we want!

I say we make a petition.

neoism

They start up a new "season" which is like a new server for people to start new characters on. Nothing carries over to the new server. The old server with your current gear+characters stays available to play separately if you don't want to participate.

They show leaderboards for how people are progressing in the season, so people have fun competing.

There will be some legendary items that only drop in the ladder games.

When the season ends, your gear, paragon experience and characters come back into your regular account (so it isn't as much of a waste of time), and then after some time they'll start up a new season and do it all over again.

fuck yes if they didnt do this I would even play ladders...

Mumei

I need some Witch Doctor gearing advice:

Right now, I'm working on getting a new pair of Aughild Search. I'm currently using Fetish Sycophants, Wrathful Protector, Soul Harvest, and Vampire Bats for most damage, and it's going swimmingly on T1. My only question is whether I should go +Physical (for the Sycophants Soul Harvest, or Army if I start to use that), or +Fire (for the WP). I already have +18 Physical on my amulet, +17 Fire from my Magefists, and +15 Fire from my Andariel.

Firebats dmg on higher torments isn't a drop of water on a hot plate, and the gargantuan (which scales off fire) has awful AI and a gigantic hitbox (making him useless in group play as most of the time he will just be stuck behind your fetishes or other players or white mobs doing nothing)

I'd go physical at least then your sycophants will do nice damage and when you get zuni set you'll want physical anyways

edit: this stupid game, clearing t6 I bring the rift boss to 5 percent tp out to use rift it forward and get the 40second loading screen into disconnect message bug again
shit like this they can't fix and I'm wasting my keys, but get out of the way for the overnight hotfixes of stuff like SoH or mystic reroll cost.

Celegus

Yup, definitely go with physical for pet doctor. Bulk of your dmg will be fetishes in every single situation.

Are the fire fetishes bad then? Or do you mean the passive fetishes? I somehow managed a Tasker & Theo and Mask of Jeram (not great rolls sadly), but have a lot of leftover +fire gear from my wizard. I don't really know a good WD build , but I do have those two pieces to build around at least.

Dahbomb

I just saw those leaked Legendaries.

If those vanilla Legendaries don't get some Legendary affixes then that is going to result in an epic meltdown. Would be really fucking embarrassing if they just dilute the Ladder pool with a bunch of garbage Legendaries.

But if we get all of those with Legendary affixes then that would be pretty cool and would make Ladders worth doing. I sort of like the idea behind the Wizard low AR Helm. Reminds me of PoE low health/low mana type builds although I don't think you can quite make builds like that in D3.

joesmokey

I know it's too early to say since the leaked legendary list is obviously incomplete, but it looks a little disappointing already.

Blizzard sure loves diluting the pool with endless amounts of weapons. I wonder if they're either art, systems, or design constrained as to why this is always their go-to slot of choice.

For ladders, I would expect more "fun" legendaries (kind of like pets or mounts in MMOs). Hopefully things will be fleshed out to be a bit more fun. I don't want something that is only like a 0.5% damage increase from the current BiS.

Edit:
I sort of like the idea behind the Wizard low AR Helm. Reminds me of PoE low health/low mana type builds although I don't think you can quite make builds like that in D3.
With an end-game lightning build, you don't use AP though... You have the Shard of Hate - Shock Pulse setup as your primary source of damage. Wave of Force - Static Pulse is good to use to proc the elemental debuff, however you actually lose DPS if you spam that instead of shock pulse. This might make Wave of Force more attractive to use, however on paper this doesn't really seem like something you'd want to use over Andariel's (which already deals it's own semi-worthless nova). This is only theorycrafting obviously.

Mumei

Firebats dmg on higher torments isn't a drop of water on a hot plate, and the gargantuan (which scales off fire) has awful AI and a gigantic hitbox (making him useless in group play as most of the time he will just be stuck behind your fetishes or other players or white mobs doing nothing)

I'd go physical at least then your sycophants will do nice damage and when you get zuni set you'll want physical anyways

Yup, definitely go with physical for pet doctor. Bulk of your dmg will be fetishes in every single situation.

Thanks!

I don't actually do group play much (I'd like to do it more; I haven't had a group to play with). I haven't even really been trying to get +Fire damage; I've just gotten Andariel(s) and Magefist while trying to get Tasker & Theo and Jeram.

I saw a video of a Pet Doctor killing T6 Ghom in 4.5 seconds. I don't know how fast I could kill Ghom on Master, but probably not 4.5 seconds. @_@

RDreamer

I don't get why they don't just basically copy some of the favorite items for specific elements and make those for other elements, perhaps on other items, too. So everyone wants a cinder coat.... why not make a lightning version that's slightly different. Or maybe the lightning version is shoulders or something. Same with Magefist, etc.

There's literally hundreds of legendaries they could make, so it would be pretty silly if they just stuck with a handful of affixes on the new ones...

Are the fire fetishes bad then? Or do you mean the passive fetishes? I somehow managed a Tasker & Theo and Mask of Jeram (not great rolls sadly), but have a lot of leftover +fire gear from my wizard. I don't really know a good WD build , but I do have those two pieces to build around at least.

I usually only go with Fetish Sycophants (passive) but when using Fetish Army, Legion is the best imo, phys and all 180% dmg vs tiki torchers which adds 2 fire ones that do 85%.

As for %ele gear, atleast get phys where it can be gotten (amulet/bracer/stone of jordan/doombringer 1h). Rest is just a bonus.

Build wise, there isn't much variety as long as you're casting firebat and pumping out fetishes and use piranhas to boost dmg. Of course that changes if you have starmetal kukri/zunis

oktarb

Man I was cruising along doing adventure mode with my 68 Mage. Started up a challenge to kill the Angel of Death and he just destroys my ass. 203 hits and I'm out. I'm popping shields, and passives for protection but no dice.

I've asked this before but is there an EU clan at all anymore?
And if there isn't, does anyone on EU want to play?

Most of the people I play with have quit in the past week it's pretty boring now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom