• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a particular class that's better to use for getting a witching hour similar to Monk instead of DH for a cinder coat. I read a lot of wizards seem to get them, though it would have to roll well enough that I can use the re roll on the main stat.

LOL! I am running out of Marquize Topaz gems from rolling this bloody RoRG so much.

I can't think of a reason that it would be better for a Wiz over a DH. I lost count on how many shards I spent on a Witching Hour for my Wiz. My DH got one with 1000-1500. Just requires a ton of luck.

Right now I need to spend shards for either a Stone of Jordan or Witching Hour. I suspect both are equally as hard to get from Kadala...

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Makes zero difference, except for crusader who gets a bonus if using holy dmg with one of their skills.

Zero difference? But the description says :

wjweTrj.png

So surely it actually does something if my weapon has elemental damage? Or does that only count when weapons have special elemental procs like Thunderfury? I've always been a bit confused about what elemental damage actually does on weapons. If my weapon has fire damage, and i'm using cold spells... does my damage count as both cold and fire?

scosher

So surely it actually does something if my weapon has elemental damage? Or does that only count when weapons have special elemental procs like Thunderfury? I've always been a bit confused about what elemental damage actually does on weapons. If my weapon has fire damage, and i'm using cold spells... does my damage count as both cold and fire?

From what I've read, your element on weapon does add to Elemental Exposure, even if you don't use a spell with that element. So if you have a fire weapon and cast Frozen Orb, you'll add both Fire and Cold debuffs for Elemental Exposure, even though you only did cold damage.

Personally, I try to design every build to include it. It's my favorite passive, and a lot of people also neglect that it's a debuff that benefits your entire party.

It makes using Magic Weapon - Ignite and Magic Weapon - Electrify useful over Force Weapon in certain instances as well.

leapquake, raekor hota, perma cota, and the super elusive permacota/leap mix for the truly blessed. every class set for barbs is viable and extremely awesome, imo
Have you tried permacota?
(they don't do much dmg it's just nice because they tank for you)
Yes you could do t6 with IK set but just because you could doesn't mean you should (low dps)

I'd also really like to see a video of someone doing t6 with raekor in a reasonable time.
Has Unity been changed? I'm beeing killed by things that would never kill me before.
can check in a minute, wouldn't surprise me if they stealth fixed/nerfed it

If I find IK chest I'll give leapquake+permacota a try but I really doubt it's worth giving up aughild set + cindercoat + runspeed belt for.

I laughed
"Playing Diablo with someone way better than me"

UuedhQX.gif
this gif is the greatest thing ever it's so perfect.

MartyStu

So I heard Ring of Royal Granduer was supposed to be good. So I flipped over to normal and tried Act 1.

And in my first cache:

FyP49ai.png

I needs to buy a lotto ticket.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
At first, i thought "meh" when i got that shield, but after using Shield Glare with the Uncertainty rune, i love it. I can blind and charm so many monsters with this.
MS7hRm0.png

Lain

wjweTrj.png

I love Elemental Exposure, though I'm still not sure if having lightning damage on my weapon, using cold spells and having Magic Weapon - Force Weapon adding Arcane counts for 3 or for 2. At least I'm assured to have it reach 3 for sure thanks to the Familiar, but it would be cool to know for sure.

MartyStu

As long as you are doing elemental damage with your skills (which for wizards is 99.999% of the time) your weapon's is not taken into account.

desverger

At first, i thought "meh" when i got that shield, but after using Shield Glare with the Uncertainty rune, i love it. I can blind and charm so many monsters with this.
MS7hRm0.png

Yeah that shield is pretty great, one of the better Crusader shields actually. It makes your Blind hit almost the whole screen.

ZenaxPure

Word. How high in Torments could I go without one of those sets? Assuming I had a Cindercoat, Magefist, Andariel's, etc. T4 I'm guessing?

T4 is pretty much where I made it (solo), yeah, and those were the items I was using. Before I finished my first set I had around 550k sheet damage and 145% increased fire damage.

Grinch

Banned
Leveled my crusader to 70 and stole all gear from my barb. It's pretty fun. Now to find Jekangbord and Gyrfalcon's Foote...

scosher

As long as you are doing elemental damage with your skills (which for wizards is 99.999% of the time) your weapon's is not taken into account.

For Elemental Exposure passive though, it DOES count, which is what we're discussing.

Check this Wizard compendium sticky from the official forums:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8770117237

Just as the tooltip says, your weapon's element does apply a stack even though the elemental damage is technically never applied (because skills convert the element).
Legacy elemental affixes ("Adds +X% to <element> Damage") do not count towards this, unless you hit with basic/no-skill/wand attack.
Magic Weapon does not apply a stack, except when there is an active component (like the DoT applied by Ignite). The base "arcane" damage doesn't do anything for EE.
Hydra and Mirror Images don't count as "damage dealt by you". Familiar however does apply a stack.

Also,

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10715311591#2

They better actually fix the inventory freezes in rifts, ele bug etc with this patch
After playing some different games the past 2 days it was quite a shock to log back into diablo freeze edition

open inventory in rift-> 2sec freeze
someone makes a community message-> 1sec freeze
someone logs in or joins the party/enters the dungeon-> freeze
someone ID's a few too many items at once in clan chat? freeze

it's shameful that a game with such primitive graphics has any freezes or performance issues at all, let alone this bad

Lain

Threw 430 shards to Kadala hoping to get Frostburn gloves. As usual got some St Archew's Gage, but also these, which I have no use for. Guess I'll stash them away if I ever get my WD to 70.
I also got this Moonlight Ward, which is useless to me for now since I'm playing cold. I guess I should try to put Crit Hit Dmg in place of Vit and stash it away too.

Loofy

I really like this flail. What should I change on it? is it worth it trying to reroll to holy damage?
Also I just now discovered windowed fullscreen mode... now I dont have to alt esc to control my second monitor:)
qazZuAS.png

Nokterian

They better actually fix the inventory freezes in rifts, ele bug etc with this patch
After playing some different games the past 2 days it was quite a shock to log back into diablo freeze edition

open inventory in rift-> 2sec freeze
someone makes a community message-> 1sec freeze
someone logs in or joins the party/enters the dungeon-> freeze
someone ID's a few too many items at once in clan chat? freeze

it's shameful that a game with such primitive graphics has any freezes or performance issues at all, let alone this bad

It is annoying and gotten worse after each patch but there going to fix it..finally.

http://www.diablofans.com/blizz-tracker/topic/54162-increasingly-poor-performance-from-diablo

Tested out my Lighting build, while missing Lvl 70 TF and a new Stormcrow, so I was around 52% Lightning, down from 89% Fire (and my Mirrorball only has +1).

I used my old TF and Myken's, plus Thundergod's Vigor and Nems rolled to LD.
Even on T1, it was Chain 1-shots. My other SoJ rolled Lightning, so I didn't lose any Elite damage. Took a bit longer, but not much.

Going to enjoy this quite a bit once I find the other two items.

I have 206 Paragon levels - all from RoS. I've never seen a piece of Vyr or Tal drop. Can't say I'm too bummed though, Archon isn't really my thing, and I hear the Tal metors spend most of their time destroying barrels and shit. Really I'd just like a solid weapon upgrade, I have a Burning Axe with no main stat, and I've crafted 20+ Devastators at this point hoping for one with both a socket and a main stat, so I can reroll the damage. But I'd give anything for a Thunderfury, Serpent's Sparker, or Wand of WoH.

I feel ya, I've yet to see a single piece of Vyr's either. Although I do have 3 pieces of Tal and I've had the belt drop twice.

scy

I really like this flail. What should I change on it? is it worth it trying to reroll to holy damage?
Also I just now discovered windowed fullscreen mode... now I dont have to alt esc to control my second monitor:)

Late to this buy VIT -> Socket unless you really desperately need the Health for some reason. Area Damage isn't that bad of a stat, really. Especially for a high damage build like Fires of Heaven with Fate of the Fell.

Tarazet

Started playing my Monk again after a long hiatus. Managed to find this, looking for advice on if/what I should re-roll.

Dmpg1rh.png

Area damage to a socket, no question. IAS is strong for the lightning build. It's not a bad WKL, but it's low on the lightning damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom